[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the media fuck me up in the head?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0200.png (329KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0200.png
329KB, 1136x640px
Hi, I'm not sure if this belongs with /pol/ but I guess it probably does because it's partly about the media. I'm not sure what thread it was but it was on the /n/ section and it was something about Islam and the image was this jihadest with heads in the background and I remember thinking how sad it was for the victims but not being repulsed by the image itself and it was quite high difinition. I don't think I'm a sociopath because I feel sad when others I care about get hurt or when random people die in a bad way but I think I have gotten hardened by the media. The constant starving children, beheading on other random social media sites and shootings. What I'm asking is if anyone else was also hardened by the media and am I alone in this thought?
>>
I had also gotten news about a loved one having a lump on his lung and when my family members were crying I had reasoned in my head that it's probably nothing and that even if it was cancer it wouldn't claim his life because he's quite old. I love him and I am the type to cry after someone has died. I even cried for about a week since my gold fish had died but I'm not the type to cry if someone hadn't already died. The lump isn't affecting his way of life and I reasoned in my head that if he were to die then he has had a long and happy life.
>>
I guess this also links to the media showing dieing cancer children and the 1st time I saw it I couldn't look at the tv but after a while I just felt sad but not at the image, more about the thought of one not living a good life.
I also think that the media is constantly blaming others for horrific things happening to people.
>>
Is it just me growing up?
>>
File: 1394197942587.png (257KB, 584x346px) Image search: [Google]
1394197942587.png
257KB, 584x346px
It doesnt have to be media, but constant exposure to this kind of stuff will make you less sensitive for sure.

These were pictures or vides I could not stomach five years ago, and now its like daily bread. Which is also sad in its own way.
>>
>>138202391
Thank you, it helps knowing at least that other people have been going through the same shit as me. I am sorry for everyone who has been hardened by this imagery.

BTW I like you're image, put a smile on my face.
>>
I had the same but with blood and puke and then I watched a bunch of maxmoefoe and other weird videos
>>
I had it where I just watch these edgy videos on YouTube and I can't help but to laugh. And it's not just me because they can get thousands of views.
>>
File: 56546546356.jpg (383KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
56546546356.jpg
383KB, 1200x1600px
>>138204076
Nothing personal kid
*teleports behind you
>>
>>138203230
>ha that's nothing, watch this
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCDZESjYAwh-ws7ZSZZ8DKeg
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.