[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoDaddy and Google are breaking the law

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1053.jpg (157KB, 690x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1053.jpg
157KB, 690x408px
Domain registrars operating in the United States are bound by the First Amendment.
>Additionally, the First Amendment to the US Constitution forbids the US Government from engaging in censorship, including Internet censorship. Since the National Telecommunications Information Administration (NTIA), which administers ICANN’s contract, is a part of the US Commerce Department, it is subject to the same legal obligations to protect free expression as the US Government would be. Public governance duties cannot be contracted to private companies like ICANN in order to avoid complying with free expression guarantees.
https://www.ncuc.org/2017/02/06/robin-gross-freedom-of-expression-chilled-by-icanns-addition-of-speech-restrictions-in-dns/

ICANN is a hired contractor of the Federal Government of the United States of America It is unconstitutional for the Federal Government to use a contractor to limit speech. It is therefore also unconstitutional for a subcontractor to limit speech in carrying out a contract for a contractor to the Federal Government.

Here's how it works:
President > Department of Commerce > ICANN > Private Domain Registrars (Google Domains, GoDaddy, etc.)

Google and GoDaddy are private corporations, however, they do not have the freedom to censor constitutionally protected speech in the course of fulfilling a government contract. When registering domains, they are fulfilling ICANN's contract with the Federal Government. They cannot refuse to register a domain because of the political views it would be used to express.
>>
>>137994572
why dont you go present this shit to someone who fucking matters then?
>>
I posted it here to get the idea put through the ringer. If it's good someone will send it to Anglin.
>>
>>137994572
So sue them then instead of bitching about it on 4chan.
>>
>>137994572
We handed ICANN over to the UN.

Not kidding, there was a huge amount of coverage.

Prepare for corn-holing.
>>
>>137995516
Oh yeah, wasn't that the thing Ted Cruz tried to prevent?
>>
File: I_sharted.jpg (42KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
I_sharted.jpg
42KB, 650x488px
>>137994572
mfw the chans successfully sue google into bankruptcy and win a huge settlement in addition to breaking them up and they still stay NEETS in moms basement with no girlfriend.
>>
>>137994572
Tell to the Hindu cockslurper in charge of the FCC.
>>
>>137995516
>We handed ICANN over to the UN.
Read what I posted.
GoDaddy and Google Domains are subcontracted as domain registrars on behalf of ICANN.
ICANN is contracted to manage domains for the American internet by NTIA.
NTIA is an administration of the Department of Commerce.
The Department of Commerce is a department of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government of the United States of America.

The First Amendment forbids the Executive Branch to hire a corporation to hire another corporation to censor your speech.
>>
>>137996782
The Department of Commerce is going to do exactly jack shit, because they don't want to be seen 'defending' white supremacists either.

This is Harold Covington's wet dream, seriously.
>>
>>137994572
That's why Obama wanted ICAAN out of America and in control of the UN.

Fucking asshole
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.