[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evolution

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

There are 3,000,000,000 base pairs in the mammal genomes. The earth is allegedly 4,543,000,000 years old. DNA allegedly naturally evolves over time. We should see a new genetic addition in the biosphere once every 1.5 years. We've only ever observed genetic subtraction, e.g. the expression of already-existent genes due to environmental pressure, or the lack of genetic expression altogether and thus the lack of a morphological feature -- no such necessary genetic addition has ever been observed in all of human history -- yet I'm supposed to believe this happened anyway?
>>
>>137990229
You do realize that life is just matter right? For matter to get from random chemicals to a plethora of self-replicating chemical reactions (organisms) it would have to change and morph overtime. The details of how exactly that process flows is blurry but unless you believe in magic or the supernatural there is no other way for matter to coalesce into organisms.
>>
We exert a TON of control over our environment, therefore we arent subject to the "natural" pace of evolution.
>>
>>137990229
My favorite useless fact is that humans are more closely related to mushrooms than mushrooms are to trees. Most people have no idea. You didn't either before reading this and seeing OPs post. But now you do. You're welcome.
>>
>>137991614
Sounds like a fact that would be outrageously fascinating on shrooms.
>>
>>137990229
>we've only ever observed genetic subtraction
There are many studies which prove this statement incorrect.

One of the most well known studies is the Siberian domestic fox, which is a subspecies of Red Fox created from a selective breeding scientific study over the past six decades. This study is still ongoing and the selective breeding is making the average member of their population more genetically different every year.

Here's some general information about the study: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Domesticated_Red_Fox#Genetic_experimentation

You're also viewing evolution from a negative starting point which forbids you from really understanding the biological processes which occur during evolution. Evolution isn't noticeably additive or subtractive over the period of hundreds of years, as species come into existence from other species over a period of thousands of years. The only cases where evolution is noticeable over the period of decades instead of millennia is highly controlled and selective studies like the fox study I just linked.
>>
>>137990229
>I didn't pay attention in high school biology
Base pairs aren't like rings on a tree you fucking mong
>>
>>137990229
No, you're supposed to believe literal magic happened and you're being judged by the stars

That's a bad goy for even looking into the devil's tale of evolution. That's a very very bad goy!
>>
>>137990229
Evolution does not act on necessity. It's a cumulative result of successful reproduction due to how well an organism fits into its environment and/or random genetic drift over time.
>>
>>137991788
I first found it out while tripping. Blew my mind and stuck with me.
>>
File: full_frontal_monolith.jpg (34KB, 600x286px) Image search: [Google]
full_frontal_monolith.jpg
34KB, 600x286px
>>137991150
>>
>>137990229
God is not random. You were made by the fastest sperm to make it to the egg. God chose that sperm.
>>
>denies evolution
>sees flag
Ah.
>>
File: 1503006405838.png (362KB, 418x387px) Image search: [Google]
1503006405838.png
362KB, 418x387px
>>137990229
Lets say some teenager who is 16 has lived 5,840 days. He has jerked off 1,095 of those days (since he turned 13). On average, he has jerked off every 5.3 days for his entire life. So why from age 0-13 did we not see him jerking off at all???
>>
>>137995940
When I was a teen I jerked off 5 times a day. Now I'm down to 2 times a day.
>>
>>137990229
>We should see a new genetic addition in the biosphere once every 1.5 years.

You realize that this entire premise falls apart the second you consider that there could be more than 1 new genetic addition in any given year right? Your math is also bad.
>>
>>137992337
Is that true evolution though?

White skin came about because the code that tells proteins to produce melanin was broken. That's only one example of subtractive adaptation. Its also why white traits are recessive.

But has there been any additive adaptation that we have observed?
>>
>>137990229
this far too complicated for my simple mind. I'd rather believe god, aka jesus, aka bearded magical invisible man, aka guy who flooded the whole earth cuz no one believed in him, did it.
>>
File: kenham.jpg (20KB, 320x203px) Image search: [Google]
kenham.jpg
20KB, 320x203px
>>137990229
Checkmate EVILutionists
>>
>>137990229
>what is anti-biotic resistance
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.