[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Confederate Monuments Remain Standing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1502946326729.jpg (62KB, 720x944px) Image search: [Google]
1502946326729.jpg
62KB, 720x944px
>>
>>137926774
they fought to represent the southern states, seems like something to be proud of.
>>
>>137926774
Of course. How is this even a question?
>>
>>137926774
Nope bomb the participation trophies
>>
>>137926774
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>137927700
>Nope bomb the participation trophies

pretty funny sir.
>>
>>137926774
I agree, tear down the vietnam war memorial
>>
>>137926774
The civil war was the deadliest American war that America has taken part in so far. That picture only solidifies the message. Can't wait until people find out Martin luther king jr was Anti Gay marriage.
>>
>>137926774
They were our brothers.
>>
>>137926774
They portray the rebellious nature of the American people. I say they stay.
>>
Who's statue is that, would help
>>
>>137926774

Better to put them someplace where libshits can't get to them.
>>
>>137926774
Try tearing down the Alamo and see what happens.
>>
>>137926774

Native Americans were slave owners.
>>
>>137926774
Blown them up, go get those statues libtard! Go now, it is your destiny.
In a couple of days of destruction of monuments, the left is done for.
>>
>>137926774
Yeah, how about a statue of the Joseph Goebbels and Hitler?
>>
Has everyone forgotten that the founding fathers themselves were traitors to the crown?

Rebellion is part of our culture.
>>
I agree with President Trump. It should be left to the states to decided and put in a museum if it's removed. States rights, boys. Keep the federal government in check.
>>
File: fredericksburg-and-spotsylvani.jpg (71KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
fredericksburg-and-spotsylvani.jpg
71KB, 550x413px
Anxieties are getting pretty high over this shit up here in south central PA. I really hope that Gettysburg, Fredericksburg, South Mountain, Antietam, and Petersburg escape this bullshit.
>>
>>137926774
Yeah, Confederate monuments should stay standing. If you don't care about history then at least care about the fact that it gives the area some character. People love seeing shit that's stood for over 100 years.
>>
>>137927950
Not as funny as the pond scum who think destroying muh statues is equal to something of note
>>
>>137926774
If I knew where this was I would tear it down. Right now
>>
>>137931077
Bunch of racists.
>>
Filthy savages.
>>
File: s-l1000[1].jpg (151KB, 1000x648px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000[1].jpg
151KB, 1000x648px
>>137926774
Statues of Apache and Comanche should be put up along the Southern border.

Descendants of Apache and Comanche should also be featured as statues to show what a steady diet of junk food, meth and alcohol does.
>>
>>137929884
Texas is changing man, They're still kinda safe right now but all the big cities are pretty damn liberal and the border is only getting worse. Trump only took texas by like 52-43 which is far less than other conservatives have in the past, and far different from the margin that hillary won in say, California (61-31) or New York (59-36).

I bring up these 3 states specifically because of how large of power blocs they are within the electoral college. Democrats lock in NY and CA which gives them 55+29 for a total of 84 Electoral College votes nearly guaranteed. Republicans get Texas and some of the central/midwest states like N/S Dakota, Montana, Wyoming & Nebraska. (38, 3,3,3,3,5 = 55 votes). You take away the guarantee on Texas and your down to just 17 locked in. That's a big portion of electoral college votes. Remember it's not just a swing away, those votes are going somewhere and most likely the other candidate which is a gap of 76 votes. If Texas becomes a battleground state it will be exceedingly difficult for future Conservative leaders unless they can break the strangehold on Democrat power houses like NY & California.

Also also Rudy's country store is my fav. bbq in texas. Salt lick is good too.
>>
>>137929293
Some loser.
>>
>>137926774
Honestly? It's a public issue.

If a candidate is elected to State or City level (whoever has the authority to remove them) government on the mandate that he or she will work to remove these statues then it's just a simple fact of democracy really. Otherwise it'll have to be done by referendum.

Personally while I understand calls to remove statues dedicated to the Generals and political leaders of the Confederate States, I'd prefer if they left the statues dedicated the the regular men who fought for them. They are classed as US Veterans and would go on to serves the United States in the wars after.

And especially they should be placed in museums or other preservation facilities. History needs to be remembered with evidence intact.
>>
>>137934698
>Trump only took texas by like 52-43 which is far less than other conservatives have in the past

Trump is a Northeasterner, you need a flyover country kind of candidate to relate to Texas voters. And I don't see the Dems coming up with anyone like that, they've completely abandoned voters in that part of the country.
>>
>>137929293
Turok
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.