[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /pol/ think of Salazar?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: salazarold.jpg (16KB, 293x320px) Image search: [Google]
salazarold.jpg
16KB, 293x320px
>What does /pol/ think of Antonio Salazar?
Former Prime Minister of Portugal
1889-1970
>>
>>137907174
Why are elites live so longer
>>
if he was alive, there would be a DEUX VAULT for SURE !
>>
File: salazar quote.jpg (178KB, 1280x844px) Image search: [Google]
salazar quote.jpg
178KB, 1280x844px
Based
>>
>>137907174
looks gay t b h
>>
>>137907615
he died at 81 that's not that uncommon
>>
>>137907174
Who gives a shit about a useless country?
>>
>>137907174
One of the greatest politicians of the XXth century.
>>
Antonio was a cool guy. Eh prime minister of Portugal and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>137907174
I have a Portuguese roommate from Lisbon that is constantly trying to redpill me on Salazar, General Franco, and Greece's Metaxas. Can any Iberian/Mediterranean bros offer some sources on your high-tier fascists--most of whom didn't waste their time with that racial supremacy garbage?
>>
He was one of the best politicians of all time. He started when the country was in the brink of civil war, stabilized it, obliterated national debt to 0, we had superavit and stored our excess in gold, saved the country from WW2 and was loyal to both sides till the end even when the brits almost invaded the Azores (he maintained neutrality despite wolfram being abundant in Portugal, he sold it to both sides and when the nazis were losing the war the British issued an ultimatum to Portugal that he could no longer sell it to the nazis or else, and he said ok but I won't sell it to the allies either). He did many good things and I won't sperg you on everything but all in all he was a great politician, diplomat and economist. The liberal scum that came after him is absolutely fucking disgusting in comparison.
>>
>>137911052
kek
>>
>>137911511
Nice digits and thanks for the quick rundown, anon.
>>
File: pepe dos descobrimentos.png (2MB, 1398x712px) Image search: [Google]
pepe dos descobrimentos.png
2MB, 1398x712px
>>137911052
>useless
>>
I forgot to say that he only aided the brits with the Azores because warmonger Churchill sperged him on the Windsor treaty which is the oldest alliance in history. I think it was signed in 1386 or something. He was a traditional man so he acquiesced, but he didn't let amerifats leaded my Jewsevelt in until later on. It must be hard to be a colony barely out of its diapers and insult a country with a millennia of heritage and huge contributions to navigation and cartography that was born fighting the religion of peace.
>>
File: Portugal under fascism.png (181KB, 2039x1117px) Image search: [Google]
Portugal under fascism.png
181KB, 2039x1117px
Nice guy.
>>
File: Salazar did nothing wrong.jpg (120KB, 767x774px) Image search: [Google]
Salazar did nothing wrong.jpg
120KB, 767x774px
>>137907174
/our lad/
>>
File: Século Ilustrado 1 8 70 a.jpg (627KB, 1164x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Século Ilustrado 1 8 70 a.jpg
627KB, 1164x1600px
>>137907174
great man
>best statesman
>greatest writer
>traditionalist
>anti-commie
>supported falangists
>the middle man for western powers to Franco
>kept Portugal out of World War 2
>declared 3 days of national mourning for Hitler
>lowered debt
>pro-european colonization
>helped rhodesia
>allied with south africa
>soft spoken and humble
>an academic, not a military man
>makes commies asshurt to this day
>even his enemies eulogize him
>>
>>137907174
Unironically did nothing wrong. Saved Portugal from chaos and preserved the Portuguese Empire even at his last breath. Helped Franco win the Civil War and Franco being an ungrateful fuck never helped him in any colonial war.
>>
>>137907174
Along with LKY, one of the best statesmen of the last century and likely all time.
>>
>>137915876
I really really hate Franco
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.