[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 60

File: 1499951811899.jpg (51KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
1499951811899.jpg
51KB, 400x261px
Well?
>>
>>137879016
Fairies are dumb.
>>
>>137879016
What about belief in wrong religion?
>>
>>137879016
wtf i'm a christian now
>>
>>137879016
god made me an atheist
>>
>>137879016
What if God does exist, but he rewards non-believers and punishes believers?
>>
>>137879016
Im a fundamentalist agnostic. I'm not even sure that you exist. What awaits me? If there is a heaven and the alternative is merely Oblivion then I don't give a shit. If, on the other hand, it is hell then I'm scared shitless.
>>
>>137879016
That's only true if you factor in only one of the many thousands of deities we have ever worshiped.
>>
File: limbo.jpg (47KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
limbo.jpg
47KB, 320x320px
Being in limbo isn't really eternal suffering, it's simply eternalness of sitting around and doing nothing except for talking to other people there.
I'm currently and slowly re kindling my flame in belief but it's not for the reason of eternal joy but God. The picture you posted is a really stupid argument.
>>
>>137879016
>Well?
It's more complicated then OPs picture. Then again, why should I explain that to you burger? You won't understand it anyway. Try and find our for yourself.
>>
>>137879239
Don't worry paddie, it's Catholicism.
>>
I don't want to exist forever. That's the joy of life. Ephemeral beauty.
>>
File: pascal.png (260KB, 1685x1930px) Image search: [Google]
pascal.png
260KB, 1685x1930px
>>137879016
>>
>>137879016
IMO heaven and hell are not /literally/ real but are useful metaphors for something that is real and is difficult to articulate as concisely.

Same goes for most shit in the bible. It's not literally true, but it has a lot of truth to it that you won't find anywhere else.
>>
>>137879016
Pascal's wager doesn't work.

You can't just say you believe in God to escape going to hell. You have to really accept Jesus, ask for forgiveness of your sins, etc.

Dumbest idea ever. Getting religious just to min/max your existence = you're still going to hell you piece of shit.
>>
Faith is a supernatural grace and Pascals wager is theologically untenable. If your belief is predicated upon such a terrible premise it's likely a false and dead faith that will lead to condemnation, so your wager was actually just you condemning yourself. The reason is because the entire framework of the wager implies a doubt to some degree, even when you agree to believe.

Faith must be total and unwavering, and the idea of it being possibly untrue must be horrifying and rejected with absolute certainty.
>>
File: 1252336046.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1252336046.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>137879961
>Getting religious just to min/max your existence

I fucking kek'd
>>
>>137879016
You can't choose to believe something. You either do or don't.
Jumping on the god bandwagon (which god?) because you're worried you may be eternally punished by god (again, which one?) if you don't believe, is pathetic, intellectually shallow and dishonest.
>>
>>137879016
It's not a proof, so it's for women and babies.
A man demands empiricism, evidence, and truth.
>>
>>137879016
Heaven as a literal place is a weird concept. Everyone would have to have their own version of it or it wouldn't be heaven for many.
>>
>>137880584
What if heaven is a place where God hacks into your brain and makes you believe you're living in your own version of heaven?
>>
>>137879016
well its not that easy to just ´believe´ something
and if god is everywhere then he can see that you dont believe even if you´d go to churches, pray n shit
>>
>>137879016
Would Still rather be in he'll, is something wrong with me?
>>
What if you believe in the wrong denomination of christianity? Then youre going to hell?
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 296x170px
>>137880910
far out
>>
>>137881329

yes, actually, heretics go to hell

>Matthew 7:21-23 --- Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
>>
>>137879807
What's with the (?) For atheist crossed with wiccans?
What makes non believers so special to wiccans?
>>
>>137879016
>Well?
Stop helping the enemies of God avoid burning in hell.

Thank you.
>>
>>137879388
That is how it is now.
Believers who sin are punished on Earth because of our eternal salvation, non-believers gain worldly possessions and rank on Earth because they burn and eternally tortured in the flaming fire of Hell.
>>
>>137880993
Because God knew if you would believe in him or not when he created you (Predestination), so you were already fucked before you were born.

>>137881486
I mean, it's all equally likely.
>>
>>137879016
3 errors.

The chance of "eternal joy" is 0%.

In "belief + you're wrong" it should read: paid church tax for 90 years, attended church for hundreds of hours, e.g. the COSTS of belonging to a religion.

The chance of "eternal suffering" is 0%.
>>
>>137881603
The Wiccan God may or may not punish people who don't believe in him (her?) but will punish the Abrahamic religions for shitting on him all the time.
>>
>>137879807
Jej, basically
>Abrahamic religions are Cancer: The Chart
>>
>>137879016
You're right. I'm off to sacrifice some children to Moloch in case He exists and grants eternal bliss in return for child sacrifice.
>>
>>137881848
If an omniscient god knows your going to hell before you live your life then why do you even exist?
The only choices are god doesnt know all or god doesnt exist.
>>
>>137881848
God being a mind-hacker is just as likely as any other afterlife explanation? If that's the case, why do 90% of people who have near death experiences see the same things (tunnel of light, loved ones alive and dead at peace, rising above the body). If being mindhacked was just as likely, people who almost die would see the fucking matrix you idiot
>>
>>137881603
It seems that wiccans believe whatever someone believes will happen to them. Therefore, what will happen to athiests is ambiguous.
>>
>>137879016
That reminds me I had to learn Pascal in HS. Of all the fucking weird languages.

>tfw actually put FORTON on my resume back then
>>
File: osirisbook.gif (72KB, 300x362px) Image search: [Google]
osirisbook.gif
72KB, 300x362px
>>137879016
I saw errors of my ways! Glory be to the Great Osiris, Lord of the dead!
>>
>>137882186
>If an omniscient god knows your going to hell before you live your life then why do you even exist?
To fulfill his master plan obviously.

It's like a game developer creating NPCs just for the players (his elected) to kill or something.

>>137882220
Are you seriously asking me why animals with the same neurology have the same experience suffering from the same neurological conditions?

Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1502534690936m.jpg (104KB, 820x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502534690936m.jpg
104KB, 820x1024px
Maybe you believe and you still go to hell, maybe you dont believe and go to heaven, maybe you believe or dont believe and there is neither nothing, hell or heaven etc etc
>>
>>137882097
This is retarded but I'll run with it. I thought wiccans believed in the magic of nature or some shit. Where the earth was the literal god, surely all mako energy returns to the life stream.
>>
>>137879016
Belief in Atheism is the easiest way to know if someone is a moron.
>>
>>137879016
> God is so inhuman he will torture those that did not believe without evidence for whole eternity

damn the god is so nice, makes me want to fear-believe
>>
>>137882546
What about Atheist Agnostic Hindus?
>>
>>137879961
>believing in hell
>>
>>137882523
I have no idea what they believe in but the reasoning seems to be basically karma with a pagan aesthetic.
>>
>>137879016
>believing in God merely because you're afraid of eternal suffering
That's literally the best way to actually end up in Hell if God actually exists.
>>
>>137879016

Pascal is assuming that you can fool God into believing that you are a believer. Which make it's reasoning quite weak.
>>
>>137882413
Tfw I am that npc. I hope god set me to essential then. Id best start doing my part with cheesy one liners.
You know I got to thinking, maybe I'm the dragonborn.
>>
>>137882841
I feel like I'm a NPC too but who knows
>>
>>137882069
The cost of being a Christian is believing the Lord, Jesus Christ died on the crucifix as a sacrifice for your sin.
>>
>>137882546
>Belief in athiesm.
I think my brain just imploded.
>>
>>137879016
>>
>>137879807
Not to mention all the religions that have been lost throughout the years. I'd like to think the odds of any of the current religions being the true religion is smaller than the odds that if a true religion did exist that it has been wiped out and lost to the sands of time.
>>
>>137883020
>>
>>137882551
God would never torture you.
He will just leave you on your own.
It's enough
>>
>>137882800
No, he assumes that performing correct rituals and following rules while considering the probability of god's existence to be extremely low will still Grant you post-death benefits if god exists.
>>
Reminder that more Gods accept atheists into heaven than Christians
>>
>>137879016
it only talks about the outcome after you die, what will be the deal if we talk about how you live?

sucking a priest dick all your childhood because your parents want to have multiple orgasms when they die isn't exactly a good deal.
>>
>>137883020
Ganesh wouldn't give a fuck if you believed in Jesus or not.

Besides, you'd be reincarnated after a while. Also Varuna is the sky god, not Ganesh.
>>
File: ganesha.jpg (60KB, 277x430px) Image search: [Google]
ganesha.jpg
60KB, 277x430px
>>137883020
>God of new beginnings
He got lucky though

>>137883132
Yeah, if there's a right one it might be something we don't even know about.
>>
>>137879016

God knows the difference between true faith, and 'blind following because maybe candy at the end'.
>>
>>137879016
Pascal was stupid as fuck. No wonder his name means "On shit" or "Taking a dump" in Finnish.

Which god do you need to believe in?
What if there is a god who lets the atheists in heaven and sends the believers in hell?
>>
>>137883132
Nah your thinking about this the wrong way. The true diestic religion would be the oldest one by virtue of the fact the god would not let their religion die out.
If on the other hand a non deistic religion is real your fucked and have no idea.
Oldest domestic religion is Hinduism btw.
>>
>>137879643
-tips fedora-
>>
>>137883480
Why is Finnish the best language?
>>
>>137883264
>live your entire life without God just fine
>in the afterlife, God leaves you alone
>this is somehow bad

Also,
>God would never torture you
If we're talking about the Christian God here, you're making a very risky assumption there, lad.
>>
>>137879720
The Vatican religion is the wrong religion...
>>
>>137883480
Kek a god that kills off his playable characters but the Npc's are save by the fact that they were written into the code.
>>
>>137883523
The problem with abrahamic religions is the want. God wants something. Why does a God want anything? It knows all ends and has already seen every possible decision.

It's easier to think of the simulation theory. Someone is running a sim and we're all NPCs. Or if you're a firm believer that we are Gods thoughts playing out. He's experiencing all ends and we are just one of those ends.

Back to the wipe out idea statistically if anyone person got a "true religion eureka" moment it would die out. Survivorship bias makes us think current religions should hold more weight but that's not necessarily true.
>>
File: CORRECTED.png (98KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
CORRECTED.png
98KB, 400x261px
>>137879016

I corrected this for you OP
>>
File: fedora.jpg (44KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
44KB, 479x720px
>>137879016
What about the difference between superficially adhering to a religion and an actual faith? Problem of different and contradictory belief aside, let's assume Roman Catholicism is the only real option. So say I take Pascal's Wager: I go to Mass every Sunday, I obey every official teaching of the Church, I avoid sin, I celebrate Catholic holidays and so on. But if I would do it just as a hedge against eternal damnation I don't really love God or accept Jesus into my heart; you can't just forcibly feel love or faith just because you think it's the most rational choice. And both the Bible and Church's catechism condemn hypocrites who just pretend to be Christian and teach salvation is possible only through Jesus. So I go to hell anyway.

Another problem is that the choice of belief isn't costless. OP's pic shows "nothing" in case of atheism being a correct belief, but that's certainly not the case. Even if superficial adherence to a religion was enough to achieve salvation, in case I'm wrong I just missed out on a large part of life that is prohibited by my religion of choice as a sin. Imagine a Muslim woman who accepted the Wager and lived her whole life according to Muslim teachings. If Allah doesn't actually exist, then she voluntarily condemned herself to brutal slavery for nothing.

I've likely grown an actual fedora writing this.
>>
>>137879016
Fine, I'll accept Islam....
>>
>>137884411
That's the problem with papism, lad. It's run it's course and as a frail, heretical version of Christianity, has probably run its course (God willing).
>>
File: i4RubBU - Imgur.jpg (54KB, 610x657px) Image search: [Google]
i4RubBU - Imgur.jpg
54KB, 610x657px
>>137882800

In Good Religions, Good people go to heaven. Period.
In other religions
You don't have to be good.
You make a deal with HIM personally.
Then eat His flesh and drink His blood.
HE will set you up.
>>
>>137884908
Don't Protestant denominations require actual faith in Jesus Christ for salvation?
>>
File: 57.jpg (140KB, 1585x1527px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
140KB, 1585x1527px
>>137879016
>Well?

Absolutely

Fucking

Retarded

For one, belief is not a fucking choice you god-damn retards
>>
File: sonicmania.png (643KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sonicmania.png
643KB, 800x450px
>>137879016

We ought to remember who and what EVERYONE REALLY IS - Pure Consciousness, which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL, experiencing life in a temporary human form. You can do ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO and you can be ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE. They want us to think that the average person is powerless to positively change the world, but the TRUTH is that we have INFINITE POWER - both individually AND collectively. There's only one of us here. If you hit yourself on the head with a baseball bat, they'll put you in a mental hospital, yet that's EXACTLY what people are doing on a global scale. You can call Pure Consciousness 'God' if you want, but I don't because the word 'God' has religious connotations that I would rather avoid. Religion is the McDonald's of spirituality.

What we need to do is to raise our level of consciousness, both individually AND collectively. If even one person raises his or her level of consciousness, it has a ripple effect that benefits EVERYONE ELSE, even if they don't believe any of this stuff - and this is because 'reality' itself is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature. One of the ways that they have manipulated us so deeply for so long is by suppressing our sense of the possible. What we call 'reality' is COMPLETELY ILLUSORY and thus MALLEABLE - and they KNOW THIS, while most other people do NOT. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY TO BEGIN WITH. People are AWAKENING to a MORE EXPANDED CONCEPTION of the world and life in general and this is a PROFOUNDLY GOOD THING. We owe it to our innate intelligence to QUESTION EVERYTHING and that includes EVERYTHING that I tell you. We have the power to transform this prison illusion into a PARADISE ILLUSION, so let's USE that power.
>>
File: astronaut.jpg (174KB, 1331x1024px) Image search: [Google]
astronaut.jpg
174KB, 1331x1024px
>>137885465

We're all one - and the beauty of this is that we don't have to be cucks despite this fact (and it IS a fact). We can STILL protect Western Civilisation and save the white race from extinction. We ought to embrace nationalist principles to protect Western Civilisation and save the white race from extinction even while REMEMBERING who and what WE REALLY ARE - Pure Consciousness (which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL) experiencing life in a temporary human form. Our TRUE STATE, our TRUE NATURE and our TRUE IDENTITY is Pure Consciousness and Pure Consciousness is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. We are SIMULTANEOUSLY one yet different in our oneness in much the same way that the waves of an ocean are one with that ocean but are also unique in and of themselves in that each wave has its own shape, speed and size. I think that's pretty neat. What we call 'reality' is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature, so we are in fact smaller versions of the whole (which you can call 'God', if you want). Every part of the whole contains the whole and, to be more accurate, IS the whole. And just as a drop of water contains the same qualities as an entire ocean of water, we likewise contain all that exists within us - but merely on a smaller scale. From unconditional love we ALL sprang and to unconditional love we ALL return. There is no death, only transference of consciousness. There are no answers, only choices. There are no hallucinations, only shifts in perception. There are no laws, only habits. There are no coincidences, only synchronicities. There are no truths, only experiences. There is no separateness, only oneness. Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but my message shall NEVER pass away. The message is more important than the messenger.
>>
>>137879016
well what?

atheists are retarded more news at 11
>>
>>137879016
You don't understand the concept of belief

>>137884367
You don't understand Pascal's wager

Sure are a lot of retards here today
>>
File: 66.jpg (20KB, 431x401px) Image search: [Google]
66.jpg
20KB, 431x401px
>>137885748
>he thinks belief is a choice

This is why alcohol is bad for you guys
>>
>pascal's
Does it really need to be credited by someone?
>>
>>137886074
Yes, so we know who to laugh at when its brought up(besides the person bringing it up)
>>
>>137883161

literally muslim heaven
>>
>>137879016
Pascal's Wager...
>Is for pussies
>Doesn't account for all religious viewpoints.
>Implies all viewpoints are equally probable.

Take your pick.
>>
>>137879016
>implying that it will be eternal suffering in hell
>implying that it will be eternal joy in heaven as well.
>Implying that omnipotent being that is very sensitive to the people believing in it, will not know that you believe it out of the mercantile interest instead of believing it from your heart
>Implying said omnipotent thing won't get triggered and throw you in hell anyways.
>>
File: Pascal.png (90KB, 608x261px) Image search: [Google]
Pascal.png
90KB, 608x261px
>>137879016
>>
>>137879016

the wager falls apart because god knows if you're not sincere in your belief.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you can't consolidate your rational thoughts with the irrationality of theism, and god exists, you're going to hell.

unless of course god understands you better than anyone and can understand why you would think that, in which case he would forgive you, in which case the wager falls apart anyway.
>>
>>137886571
So.. You think belief is a choice?
>>
>>137879807
> Islam
> Not going to the bad deeds rewarded heaven
To the trash it goes.
>>
File: good giym.jpg (88KB, 677x995px) Image search: [Google]
good giym.jpg
88KB, 677x995px
>>137879313
>falling this hard for the atheist jew meme.
>>
File: 1502978522184.jpg (111KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
1502978522184.jpg
111KB, 800x522px
>>
>>137886446
that comic is surprisingly retarded.
But so are american atheists so whatever.
>>
>>137886788
No, faggot.
The wager is still for pussies.
>>
Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. Turn to Him and repent from your sins.
>>
>>137886571
yeah, but choosing one that says "you're fucked either way" is just retarded. May as well take a guess of the plausible religions instead of opting for "fuck me if I'm right too"
>>
File: Pope.jpg (69KB, 630x458px) Image search: [Google]
Pope.jpg
69KB, 630x458px
>>137879720
>>
File: 0fbezxrt.gif (1MB, 300x198px) Image search: [Google]
0fbezxrt.gif
1MB, 300x198px
>>137879016
>the all powerful God chriscucks kept trelling us about won't find out of we start doing religion out of personal interest
>>
>>137886967
>That comic is surprisingly retarded.
>But so are americans so whatever.
ftfy
>>
>>137884335

Why does he need anything, you want something , and because you need he wants you to be good and if you are evil you can rot in hell , its that simple
>>
>>137887023
Found the pussy.
>>
>>137886739
you mixed that up buddy
if you believe and you're wrong; then god is a lie and you're in the ground and that's it.
>>
>>137886991
>The wager is still for pussies.

How? the three points you listed all fall apart for the reason I brought up
>>
File: enemy of the wrst.jpg (878KB, 1790x854px) Image search: [Google]
enemy of the wrst.jpg
878KB, 1790x854px
>>137879016
here's a chart more connected to reality
>>
>>137881799
Nah...

Non-believers are rewarded because god likes them more, believers will be punished now and after death for being retarded
>>
>All religions are mostly similar though, it's almost fascinating.

https://www.hooktube.com/watch?v=Hg2nB5mrZbE
>>
File: Untitled.png (101KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
101KB, 400x261px
>>
god only allows existence.
god does not judge anything.
if YOU want judgement.
god will allow that existence.
and YOU will judge yourself.
in the presence of god.

so enjoy what you believe.
cause that's what you're getting.
>>
>>137882971
That's extremely gay
>>
>>137887112
>>
>>137886446
Muslim heaven = virgin sluts
>>
reincarnation = unfalsifiable

believing in jew nailed to stick = you're a fuckin chump.

knowledge is the path to liberation. there are no "shortcuts" on this (including sucking Jewsus' cock)
>>
>>137887163
I agree. I didn't mix anything up. Eternal death is in the other three fields. The Scripture is clear, if you believe in Yeshua (Hebrew belief - you DO His Word), then you are given the gift of eternal life. Otherwise, you will suffer eternal non-existence. There will be a period of time where some will gnash their teeth when they realize what they lost, but the eternal outcome is the same. There is not eternal suffering in Hell. There is only the consuming lake of fire, that burns the body and soul into tinder and ash. Nothing is left of them.
>>
>>137881848
>Because God knew if you would believe in him or not when he created you (Predestination)
If everything is predestined, then there is no free will to believe or not. The Calvinists reject this.
>>
File: 54.jpg (36KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
36KB, 500x397px
>>137887243
>catholics
>christian

dude, cold is God's way of telling us to burn more of them
>>
>>137887178
The main concept and implications behind it, mostly. If someone had to admit to this then they are admitting that they are fueled by a fear of burning in Hell. A fear that may infact not be founded upon anything. Fear is the main tool for this wager to work (or perhaps economic interest, but they use eternal suffering as a bargaining chip).
Hence why it's for pussies.
>>
>>137887243
This Pope is the worst pope the world has ever known.

t. All good Priests, Bishops and Cardinals
>>
>>137886744

No it does not the wager is not based on cathoclism its based on a all loving god , so if the person does not belief in god but acts likes he exist , he would be righteous and he would go to heaven
>>
>>137887840
>The Scripture is clear, if you believe in Yeshua

Belief is not a fucking choice deal with it already
>>
>>137887579
That "Hell" is not Scriptural.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhwojArfuEI
>>
>>137888065
How is it not a choice?
>>
>>137887949
>The main concept and implications behind it, mostly. If someone had to admit to this then they are admitting that they are fueled by a fear of burning in Hell. A fear that may infact not be founded upon anything. Fear is the main tool for this wager to work (or perhaps economic interest, but they use eternal suffering as a bargaining chip).
>Hence why it's for pussies.

Not understanding basic logical concept doesn't make them pussies but retards
>>
>>137887931
>Calvinist Protestants embrace the idea of predestination, namely, that God chose who would be saved and who would be not saved prior to the creation. They quote Ephesians 1:4 "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight" and also 2:8 "For it is by grace you are saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." One of the strongest defenders of this theological point of view was the American Puritan preacher and theologian Jonathan Edwards.
>>
File: dolan.jpg (11KB, 306x230px) Image search: [Google]
dolan.jpg
11KB, 306x230px
>>137888065
it actually is a choice. you can choose to believe, or not believe.
>>
>>137887579

going to respond to meme pics? faggot
>>
I'm actually agnostic but haven't really done wrong
I'm safe here
>>
File: 69.jpg (39KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
39KB, 375x375px
>>137888235
>How is it not a choice?

Ok mister, stop believing in gravity or in existance of animals
>>
>>137888309
Absolutely not a choice at any level you vitamin deficient retard
>>
>>137883264
>God would never torture you.
Weird, because he seemed to like have floods drown millions of people, and having Israellites rip open the bellies of pregnant women and dash their infants against the rocks. And all the plagues he put on the Egyptians.

>He will just leave you on your own.
I'm euphoric fedoric that I'm being left alone now.

>It's enough
Plenty.
>>
File: IMG_6894.png (12KB, 512x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6894.png
12KB, 512x380px
Sorry to burst your bubble, guys, but I'm not real.
>>
>>137879961
I feel like if I told myself I was a Christian God would see through my charade
>>
File: fags.png (27KB, 1005x237px) Image search: [Google]
fags.png
27KB, 1005x237px
>you're right! -> eternal joy

faith isn't a lottery. if you're only in it out of fear, then you're a coward.

and god hates cowards.
>>
>>137887985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIh1xQiuI8
>>
>>137887579
I think most people throughout history have been so constituted in mind that they took awful satisfaction in the torment of their enemies.
If there's a hell, it will be what that sort makes of it.
>>
>>137879016
Pascal's Wager presupposes that the Christian God is the only one that can possibly exist. What if it turns out that Odin is the one you're supposed to believe in? How about Zeus, or Ra?

The fact is, humans have come up with endless numbers of gods within a massive number of religions. If only one of these religions can be true, by believing in one you are in effect wagering the fate of your soul that none of the others are correct. You may believe, if you so choose, that only your chosen religion has it right. I imagine the followers of other religions hold similar convictions. In my personal opinion, any deity with the power and knowledge the station entails would likely be more satisfied by an honestly held lack of belief, rather than a sheepish and weaselly faith held only in hopes of dodging one imagined torment or another.
>>
>>137879016
That's cute OP, but nothing doesn't exist.

Nothing is literally a false mental construct. Everything is something. Even those things which are imaginary.
>>
>>137888759
>Pascal's Wager presupposes that the Christian God is the only one that can possibly exist.

xdd

More importantly it makes the assumption belief is a choice which is a filthy lie
>>
>>137888257
Fair enough point.
>>
>>137879016
If I were God I'd smite Pascal even if he were a true believer. Fuck him for trying to beat my system.
>>
>>137888266
>Calvinist Protestants embrace the idea of predestination,
I meant to finish the sentence by saying that the Calvinist reject the notion of free will, but the lure of picking panels with cars and street signs in the Google Captcha was just too much to resist.
>>
I'm pretty sure (((God))) will punish believers who only believe because of muh eternal damnation
>>
Jihad:
72 virgins + paradise

I guess using Pascal's logic he should have rented a truck and drove it to Barcelona.
>>
File: t7879tv.jpg (56KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
t7879tv.jpg
56KB, 638x479px
>>137888892
Religion is slavery as a means of control.
It's funny that a "God" would actually take time to reward your or punish you when you can just simply erase your existence without all those acts of Grandiosity. A perfect god should never have an ego.
>>
>>137879016
Presupposes a gullible Creator. Why would He reward anyone if he's omnipotent and able to know if somebody's faith is genuine or not? Pascal's Wager is retarded.
>>
>>137889638
Religion is what separates civilization from animistic savagery. Religious self-control means not being enslaved to one's passions.
>>
>>137889307
They do, and I have the same view. The idea of choosing to believe, and therefore choosing to be saved, is incompatible with an omniscient and omnipresent God.
>>
>>137879016
And what if you worship the wrong god?
If you're an atheist, you live a free and fulfilling life either way, go to hell if you're wrong.
If you're a religious cuck, you live a boring and unfulfilling life, go to hell if the wrong god is in charge, have given up your life for nothing if there is no god and go to heaven if you got the right one (less than 1% chance).
Logically, atheism is almost certainly right, so we should all enjoy life. Believing in god is like believing that we all come from storks because no one can disprove it.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>137888443
it actually is a choice. you've chosen to be willingly ignorant of the nature of reality.
>>
>>137890026
No. Our passions are the only thing that matters. "God" is a true oppressor. Religion should be banned and all religious people executed. It's literally their fault that we still haven't found another planet to live on.
>>
File: 127530930772.png (146KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
127530930772.png
146KB, 480x352px
>>137890146
>it actually is a choice.

Ok then. Start believing that garden gnomes are alive.
>>
>>137881549
If they did stuff "in thy name" then how are they heretics? Are they lying?
>>
File: vedd.jpg (70KB, 736x792px) Image search: [Google]
vedd.jpg
70KB, 736x792px
>>137890561
>all this facetiousness
>>
>>137889157

Thats why you are not god

pascal did not beat the system the game was always the same

>12For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) 16In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
>>
>>137879795
I've thought deeply about this. I almost came to the conclusion that existing in some form or another for eternity may be worse than being obliterated.
>>
>>137891019
>>
>>137891166
Seeing niggers and jews for a lifetime is enough hell for me.
>>
>belief is eternal love
>unbelievers suffer
Taking pleasure in others' suffering alone disqualifies religion.
>Seth Rich was murdered by DNC
>Indictments on Monday
>>
File: crop.png (257KB, 414x295px) Image search: [Google]
crop.png
257KB, 414x295px
>>137891309
>mfw you don't know about the firmament.
>>
>>137891166

That is because of your human concept ,its impossible to imagine what eternity is in our flesh
>>
>>137891730
what the fuck do you think they are referring to when they say the sky is falling? THE FIRMAMENT
>>
>>137888132
You should tell Pascal personally.
>>
>>137891730
Also, in ancient finnish paganistic traditions the firmament is called taivaankansi, or the lid of the sky or heaven
>>
>>137879016
>Implying living a religious life costs nothing
>>
File: 1262591472677s.jpg (3KB, 119x126px) Image search: [Google]
1262591472677s.jpg
3KB, 119x126px
>>137887840
>tinder and ash
Did you mean cinders?
Eternal life is not an infinite amount of time, but timelessness. He who lives in the moment is immortal, to be seated at the right hand of the father means to be aligned with your Ruach, the highest level of yourself.
Sometimes when Jesus used the word 'soul' he was using other words, there being five main ones in his language but his words were passed on in Greek then badly translated into English.
These threads are always comedy, the dumbest people have the most strongly held convictions.
>>
File: egypt.png (3MB, 1600x1034px) Image search: [Google]
egypt.png
3MB, 1600x1034px
>>137892427
it sounds like you're almost ready for the geocentric cosmology pill

>>137892171
>he doesn't know the firmament is real and the earth is stationary fixed upon pillars.
>>
File: kekimpr.jpg (75KB, 655x606px) Image search: [Google]
kekimpr.jpg
75KB, 655x606px
>>137879016
The wager is flawed because it doesn't account for sincerity.
>>
File: 1250512158660.gif (188KB, 170x162px) Image search: [Google]
1250512158660.gif
188KB, 170x162px
>>137893133
>he doesn't know the firmament is real and the earth is stationary fixed upon pillars.

But the turtles go all the way down, right?
>>
I believe Santa!
>>
>>137892407
Sometimes telling people doesn't matter.

""I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige then to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread into the fabric of lives."
-Leo Tolstoy
>>
File: 0000.jpg (9KB, 159x199px) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
9KB, 159x199px
>>137894332
>I've decided to believe
>what convinced you

Why do you need convincing if its a choice?
>>
>>137879016
I believe we already are in hell and are enjoying the eternal suffering.

What now? Where does that put me on your Ven-diagram.
>>
File: hindu-universe.jpg (43KB, 512x389px) Image search: [Google]
hindu-universe.jpg
43KB, 512x389px
>>137894146
if only people would understand they have the ability to grasp how bad they've been lied to about our place in the universe.
>>
>>137894746
I'd guess normal life and super hell.
>>
>>137894399
>Sometimes telling people doesn't matter.
>>
The most popular vision of Hell makes absolutely zero sense.
>>
>>137879016
Faith from fear is not honest

Could you be really happy in heaven if all your best atheist friends were in hell?
>>
>>137887936
It's all the same shit
>>
>>137879016
if you don't have a bowel movement at least an hour before your death then your gut flora will eat your soul and you will keep being reincarnated as a goat... if i'm wrong nothing happens, but if i'm right........
OPs argument could be used for any existing religion why should I choose Christianity when every other religion has basically the same wager
>>
>>137895266

Any body who believes that God would punish you for eternity for something God already knew you were going to do is a cuck.

The concept of divine punishment only makes sense when its being peddled by evil people, furthering Satan's will, in order to control the weak.

If there is a god (and I've not learned anything to make me believe there is) he is irrelevant. He doesn't reward good people, he doesn't punish bad people, he doesn't protect the innocent or the weak, he doesn't intervene in human affairs in any way at all.

At best, god seems to be an anachronistic leftover from when man was first trying to understand the world around us. At worst, god is a formulation of man's devious attempts to manipulate other men. God is used as both the carrot and the stick, used to make people behave in ways societies deem appropriate.

What if God actually hates gullible retards and the bible is just god testing you. What if only christians go to hell?

< Mysterious Way!
>>
>>137879564
So, a lot like 4chan then?
could be worse..
>>
>>137879016
There are many different religions. The odds of following the "true" one are low. Thus, most of us will get eternal suffering.
>>
>>137879564
so.. 4chan is limbo?
>>
Comedy true, but then I realize how lost they are and it makes me sorrowful. To be turned away from eternal life because they characterize YHWH as an unfair Elohim by a made up man-made idea of "Hell" is just sad.
>>
>>137892917
Comedy true, but then I realize how lost they are and it makes me sorrowful. To be turned away from eternal life because they characterize YHWH as an unfair Elohim by a made up man-made idea of "Hell" is just sad.
>>
>>137879961
If God is God, he knows if you're honest
>>
>>137897991
Picking one at random and believing it is thus the best option
>>
>>137879016
There are people who think their children will die if they don't flick the light switch on and off thirteen times before they leave a room. This is no reason to start doing it.
>>
File: 1497389663383.png (566KB, 1900x2635px) Image search: [Google]
1497389663383.png
566KB, 1900x2635px
>>137892407
all of paganism is bullshit easy none of them are righteous, they all allow degeneracy like cuckoldry, adultery, prostitution, human sacrifice, pedofilia, homosexuality, or all of the above
>>
>>137879016
Pascals Demon is an omnipotent and omnipresent entity that composes all things. What people believe to be an individual is in reality one of his many tendrils in a shared dream state.
Tendrils will always stay in this dream state,
of politics, cars, the Earth and Universe (becoming a "comatose, non existing state" upon "death"), unless they believe in an entity of God; upon their death, instead of staying in a comatose state, Pascals will awaken them to their tentacley existence as a reward for acknowledging the omnipresent entity.
Upon awakening, the individual will find that they cannot control their own actions beyond their own thoughts, as now they are just a many-eyed, squirming tendril. Upon Pascals immediate awareness of the situation, a boil will open up near the tentacle, causing the tentacle to grow a mouth. This mouth will begin to feed on the boil, which causes the boil to produces puss and cum. The remnants that miss the mouth hit the many eyes of the tentacle, causing what is probably at least mild irritation to the individual.
Eventually the remnants completely coat the tentacle, creating an impenetrable barrier of pus of cum, isolating the tentacle away from other tentacles as it feeds. This is Pascals reward to the individuals who believe in God: complete isolation of the mind, lack of control of their body, and an endless supply of sustenance for all eternity - fed to them whether they like it or not.

Now, the big question is this: Is it safe - or desirable even- to believe in God and Heaven, if that belief could very well cause you to awaken as your true self of a many-eyed tentacle?
In my opinion, it very well depends on how much you enjoy eating puss and cum.
>>
>>137901013
>all of paganism is bullshit easy none of them are righteous, they all allow degeneracy like cuckoldry, adultery, prostitution, human sacrifice, pedofilia, homosexuality, or all of the above

cuckoldry, adultery, prostitution, human sacrifice, pedofilia, homosexuality and all of the above are allright.

All you need is to make a personal deal with HIM.
Eat His body, drink His blood.
HE will set you up.
>>
>>137901013
Christianity has a lot of that too, all religion is fucking bullshit.
>>
File: 1250512158659.gif (396KB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1250512158659.gif
396KB, 200x133px
>>137896024
>if you don't have a bowel movement at least an hour before your death

>at least an hour before your death

So.. Always unless you die before your first bowel movement..??
>>
>>137879016
>>
>>137879016

>Pascal's Wager
>Implies there's only one Christian God
>Implies that God won't be wise to the fact that you're only believing in Him to gain access to an eternal reward
>Implies that God will damn you to Hell for not believing in Him

Logically flawed from the start.
>>
>>137879016
>nothing
Lmao, nothing = you just wasted your whole life and missed out on 99% of things that are worth a damn because of a jewish lie
>>
>>137879016
The Hindus and Buddhists are mostly right. Christianity properly followed is a guaranteed path to enough good karma to escape material rebirth.
>>
File: KungFuPepe.png (61KB, 1354x889px) Image search: [Google]
KungFuPepe.png
61KB, 1354x889px
>>137879239

This. GTFO with your false dichotomies, OP. I happen to believe in God (in a pantheist/Buddhist/Sufist sense), but your little diagram is absurd.
>>
File: 1502873167749.jpg (58KB, 900x832px) Image search: [Google]
1502873167749.jpg
58KB, 900x832px
>>137879016
So you accept Pascal's wager
>see hellfire as a threat
>think Jesus can save you
>Holy Spirit causes this
>you're Christian
If you believe in Hell enough to put your life in Christ's hands...it's not cynical. You have to have belief to do it. Insincere Pascal's Wagering isn't possible.
>>
>>137879016
So many happenings and crazy shit, and you post this fucking retarded garbage.

Please die so you can go meet your holy father and worship at his blessed feet for eternity.
>>
File: 1488931283952.png (302KB, 1192x343px) Image search: [Google]
1488931283952.png
302KB, 1192x343px
>>137879016
Does anyone else find the idea of hell / eternal suffering absolutely retarded? It's one of the main things that made me stop believing.
>Create something
>Make it obey you
>If it doesn't, trigger negative feelings that you created in the thing that you created
There's no suffering in hell other than what God created us to suffer.
If you created a computer simulation of virtual people and then simulate virtual suffering of those that don't worship their programmer, are you issuing any sort of justice, or just wasting your time having a big power trip?

God created us to either torture us for eternity or for us to suck off his holy dick till the end of time. How are either of these good?
>>
>>137879016
Why would being an atheist bring you eternal suffering if god really exists?
>>
File: 1497389635768.png (2MB, 2558x3311px) Image search: [Google]
1497389635768.png
2MB, 2558x3311px
>>137902551
this is what were talking about you need to get out of thr house and see what shedding of blood is
>>
File: yep.jpg (54KB, 557x597px) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
54KB, 557x597px
>>137883753
>>137887048
He is right it's Catholicism. But IS Orthodoxy Catholicism not Roman Catholicism.
>>
>>137909652
Roman catholic here Pretty much the official term for Orthodoxy is Eastern Catholicism and the official term for Roman Catholicism is actually Western Catholicism
>>
>>137908592
Hell, dummy.
>>
>>137910351
Why would being an atheist instantly book you a place in hell, dummy?
>>
>>137879016
God doesn't even exist.
Religion is circle jerking in its purest form.
>>
>>137879016
You cannot believe something you dont believe. Pascal's wager conflates a paradox with objective truth; specifically dualistic representations of 'truth'.
>>
>>137879016
>Infinite ways to be wrong.
>Whew lad.
>>
>>137911839

Because gods needs worshipper.

I worship only George Washington.
>>
File: pol.1494253689394.tadum.jpg.jpg (50KB, 310x386px) Image search: [Google]
pol.1494253689394.tadum.jpg.jpg
50KB, 310x386px
>>137908592
>>137910351
>>137911839

see
>>137896235
>>
>>137879016
You retards realise this wager applies to the notion of man made global warming?
>>
>>137916445

It applies to all other 6299 other religions, o.o.
>>
>>137916638

Other religions, too*
>>
if i go to hell for living my life freely without religion of my own volition, i'd rather do that than live my life in fear and worship of a god. If I'm wrong I burn in hell and had a great life that i experienced for my own and my own only. If I'm right about atheism and had worshipped god out of fear for burning in hell and when I die it truly is nothing, I would have wasted my life all for naught. Plus if I strictly worship just to go to heaven when I die god wouldnt really think too greatly of that form of worship. If there was a god I'd think that whoever they are would only truly appreciate honest worship. Some people just can't believe in it. I know I certainly cant.
>>
>>137915951
christianity bashing with shitpost memes like this is just as immature as forcing religion onto others through pressuring them
>>
>>137882841
By the seven divines, stay on the roads
it's the niggers you see, they hide in the foliage!
>>
>>137918072

That picture is not Christian bashing. And it's accurate, too.
>>
File: Woah nigga!.jpg (37KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
Woah nigga!.jpg
37KB, 392x500px
>>137885465
>>137885512
>>
>>137906924

LEWD
>>
>>137879016
You're forgetting 8000 other columns or all the other religions.
Don't forget you have to incorporate the likelihood of an event happening to make an accurate comparison.

Is it likely that god knows everything you did and magically grant you eternal life on a plane of existence that no one can find? Explain why.
>>
>>137898332
>>137897241
>shitpost for all of eternity
this is okay
>>
>>137879016
religion (or mostly the biggest ones) are just retarded because they say
>Believe what someone else said without any proof whatsoever or you are going to suffer

But even then, you can't just put a gun to someone's head and tell him to believe something.
Its the equivalent of me coming up to someone and saying "Believe that I am a god or you are going to hell" There is just about the same amount of proof that there is in the Christianity so yeah.
>>
>>137915951
he did not create man and woman with the original sin
>>
>>137879016
You'd be better off to believe in secret, so nobody will ridicule you for believing in phenomena that have such weakly-supporting evidence and an infinitely miniscule probability of being true.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.