[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he the Hitler of the south?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0081.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
Was he the Hitler of the south?
>>
>>137834311
Not even comparable. Just some dude who was put in a position to lead when the Confederacy's government gave him no realnpower. He was a figurehead. And a US secretary of war before the South seceded.
>>
I don't think it's the same but the south still thought of blacks as less than human. Racism is bad in any form.
>>
>>137834957
>Racism is bad in any form
Why are you even here?
>>
>>137834311
He was a loser, and his cause is lost forever.
>>
>>137835038

Because this isn't you fucking little safe space. I share the same country as you do and I get to have a say in it too. Welcome to America, bitch.
>>
>>137834957
You realize slavery was legal in the US until 1865, right?
>>
>>137834957
When you realize most Confederates were dirt poor farmers without slaves who were drafted for the rich few who owned slaves.
>>
>>137834957
>Racism is bad in any form.
>Believes in race

Either you're a terrible person or you've got to pick one.
>>
File: Losers.png (68KB, 519x459px) Image search: [Google]
Losers.png
68KB, 519x459px
Nope, just a fucking loser.
>>
>Hitler of the south
>Freemason
No.
>>
File: 1502539832149.jpg (62KB, 960x580px) Image search: [Google]
1502539832149.jpg
62KB, 960x580px
>>137834311

He was a fine man, a patriotic Southerner, and a respected leader of his people in time of war. Lincoln wasn't fit to tie his shoes, and I say that as a Northerner. Read some of his books and speeches sometimes:

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?query=jefferson+davis
>>
>>137834311
He was a good man who stepped up and lead his country the best he could through a war that was doomed from the start.

You have to win to write the history books.
>>
File: AnneFrank_001-ALT.jpg (531KB, 687x1117px) Image search: [Google]
AnneFrank_001-ALT.jpg
531KB, 687x1117px
>>137834311

>renowned military officer war hero
>had actual experience governing
>advocated for decentralized government
>cautioned against secession
>didn't even want to be president (he was a write-in candidate)
>was mostly handicapped by constraints placed on him by the Confederate Constitution rather than blatant incompetence
>wasn't tripping on meth
>freed a mulatto boy from slavery and adopted him as his own son for a number of years

You gotta be another level of stupid to make this comparision
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.