[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Environmentalists are retarded

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: WestMTFires_8-2.jpg (86KB, 1087x496px) Image search: [Google]
WestMTFires_8-2.jpg
86KB, 1087x496px
>LOGGING IS BAD! SAVE THE TREES!
>okay, congrats, you killed the timber industry and left hundreds of thousands of americans unemployed. But now the forrests are too dense so were gonna do controlled burns to thin the trees a bit
>FIRE IS BAD! SAVE THE TREES!
>okay.... i mean fire is normally a natural part of forrest health and if done regularly reduces fuel and makes the burns low intensity and harmless. Msybe controlled thinning?
>REEEEEEE SSSSAAAAVVVEEE THE TTTRRREEEEESSSS.
>well great. Now literally everything is on fire anyways.
>YOU CANT USE HEAVY EQUIPMENT TO PUT IT OUT! WHAT IF YOU HURT THE TREES????

Thanks to 40 years of environmentalist stupidity literally everything is on fire here and the same cucks who spent decades creating this disaster now arent letting fire fighters use heavy equipment to try and put it out.
>>
>>137738685
Sad. I really would like to see this change. The environmentalists have really damaged the USA.
>>
>>137739085
>Damaged the USA
>Prolonged the ability for earth to support life
>USA is on earth
>>
File: 20170816_093050.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170816_093050.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
>>137739085
Literally thanks to environmentalists I cant breathe the air outside.
>>
>>137738685
Environmental scientist here, not an environmentalist (big difference).
See intermediate disturbance hypothesis.
>>
>>137739938
Is that statistic about how their are more trees in north america now than there was when the pilgrims settled in north america true?
>>
>>137740557
I am not familiar with that, instinctually I would say that is false. I'm in the mid Atlantic and while there are areas with lots of trees, the species you see here are pioneer species and invasive species which are both crappy. The slow growth stuff like oaks which should be dominate are not very well represent due to logging.
>>
>>137740557
Not tree scientist but I know it. Hes saying what locals and l9ggers know but in a smart way.

It says that both over disturbance and under disturbance causes biodiversity dropoff, if you disturb the fortest too much obviously everything dies. BUT, if you try to create a 100% disturbance free environment everything also dies because nothing is removing the weaker trees, too much fuel is piling up on the ground and its gonna just stagnate and eventually all burn.

In nature there are normally low intensity fires every few years that clean the forrest out and kill weaker trees but doesnt harm healthy ones.

Logging USED to do that, then greenies became autistically opposed to it AND natural fires.

Populations are too dense, fuel has piled up. Now when there is a natural fire instead of just burning the undergrowth it just fuckin burns EVERYTHING.
>>
>>137741354
Are there any "maintained" forests in the US? I've never seen one here.
>>
>>137741354
Also an add on. The big environmentalist tree plantings were done as retarded as fuck.

>only plant 1 tree species
>fast growing short living species selected
>plant it too close together
>never allow industry to thin it
>never allow natural fires to thin it
>sit back, smok weed and go "like... whoooaaa duuuuude, lookit all the fuckin TREEEEEES mannnnn.... like... wow... nature!"

It LOOKS good to anyone who doesnt know shit about trees but then THIS happens:
>trees too close together never reach full maturity
>choke out hardier longer living species from colonizing the area
>pest and disease epidemics run rampant because its only 1 uniform species
>lots of them die, which chokes the ground with lots and lots of fuel
>since natural fires have been 100% suppressed for decades, l9ggers arent allowed to touch it, and nobody is allowed to do anything to correct the issue as soon as an unlucky lightning strike happens ALL OF IT just fuckin incinerates itself to the ground

Instead of the low temp, low intensity burns that nature normally used to clean up the forrest you just fuckin lose everything.

Environmentalists are just as science denying as trannies. They are damaging the fuck out of the ecosystem and earnestly believe they are helping.
>>
>>137739085

SHILL ASF

LOGICALLY CHECK YOURSELVES
DONT CONFUSE YOURSELF
INTO A DECEPTIVE DELUSION PEOPLE
>>
>>137741935
It used to work like this:
Forrest service contracts thinning and fuel reduction out to logging companies who sell the timber on the open market.

Loggers get paid, forrest service makes sure they dont just rape and pillage like they did in the 18th and 19th century.

THEN the hippies hit working age and took over the forrest service. Logging industry was fistfucked out of the equation, the forrest service took on a "NOBODY TOUCHES ANYTHING!" approach. They ALSO took on a "ALL FIRE IS BAD" approach.

So the supposed forrest service spent like 40 years activley preventing the forrests from managing themselves while also locking industry out. (Loggers were literally offering to do this shit the entire time and 95% of the time were denied).

So you are actually fully correct, the forrests are 100% unmanaged because the forrest service doesnt even let the woods manage itself.
>>
>>137742668
Yeah, even peasants a long time ago used to start low intensity fires to clean out the forest ground of dead trees and all other shit. It gave more room for them to go in and out to cut down trees they wanted and bigger animals like deer had more space to live and multiply. I used to see maintained forests everywhere as a kid in my unspecified eastern european country of origin, havent seen one here in the US.
>>
>>137743238
About 10 years ago the forrest service FINALLY got its head out of its ass and planned this huge series of thinning operations.

The timber would go to market and lots of locals would be hired to do it. I was a sawyer getting $35 an hour to drop trees the tree scientists had marked and wed pile and burn the debris and overgrown undergrowth.

We got like 3 weeks in and got picketed by activists. Then they threatned a lawsuit and everyone shit thier pants and shut it down.

Now im sitting on my balcony watching literally all of it burn down to the roots across the valley because a stray lightning strike hit it just like literally everyone on the project said it would.

Environmentalists are cancer.
>>
>>137743238
It would be much fun to maintain forests, that's for sure. Get paid to chop down trees and set fires? Hell yeah.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.