[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you whose country has been through a civil war-

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_9586.jpg (102KB, 992x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9586.jpg
102KB, 992x415px
For those of you whose country has been through a civil war-

How are monuments to the losing side treated?
>>
File: shkreli2.png (242KB, 292x350px) Image search: [Google]
shkreli2.png
242KB, 292x350px
>>137683724
Good question. Bump.
>>
File: salvador.jpg (104KB, 535x768px)
salvador.jpg
104KB, 535x768px
>>137683724
Fairly respected like it should be.
>>
File: 1484896825152.jpg (44KB, 549x563px)
1484896825152.jpg
44KB, 549x563px
>>137683724
>>
>>137684262
T H I C C
>>
>>137684262
>Allende
>authentic shame at Burgerness intensifies
F
>>
>>
>>137683724
Iranian here. Everything named after kings was renamed after Islamic figures. We had good kings and hated kings but it's a part of history and shouldn't be eliminated.

Preislamic and Zoroastrian shrines and tombs rot in the elements without government funding while every Muslim figure and his cat gets a shrine looked after with tax payer money. They're kind of trying to softly set the year of the birth of iran to the beginning of Islam but it didn't work. The theocracy is slowly starting to embrace the countries old history and a lot of modern politicians do shit like making photo ops at Cyrus' tomb to appeal to voters. These days even the hardliner Muslims like preislamic history.
>>
>>137683724
If the country is still intact they are probably treated pretty well. If not, then not. There's a reason Confederate veterans were honored as veterans by the Federal Government, they didn't want to refight the war a few years later.
>>
>>137684767
If you claim to be iranian why hide behind a muslim flag?
If you are actually Iranian I am very curious about the revival of Zorastrianism in Iran
>>
This is a shill thread with a dishonest question. As has been explained before, Westerners have a capacity for empathy and a tradition of respecting honorable foes. Non-Westerners believe in "woe to the conquered," literal barbarism. You might as well learn about the Indian concept of tolerance as illustrated during the partition.
>>
>>137684767

And yet you still cuck for the Arabs and pray to their pagan shrine, like a good boy.
Kūruš would be very proud of you, I'm sure.
>>
>>137685263
I get your point but "woe to the conquered" was actually said by a gaul to the romans. So bad examole
>>
>>137685263
It's an honest question.
>>
File: IMG_1899.jpg (807KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1899.jpg
807KB, 2048x1536px
>>137684973
I'm not religious but my family is Muslim and I think for a lot of Pol this is my identity regardless.

Zoroastrianism isn't going to come back mainstream. Only larpers revert to it, they aren't real faithful zoroastrians. Modern iranians are converting to Christianity and Baha'i which both jives well with Iranian mentality. The irony of the theocracy has been that people have been put off by Islam.

There are still zoroastrian communities in cities like Yazd and Kerman. Theyve never mixed with non zoroastrians and have their own dialect and culture. They view other iranians as foreigners, secretly detest Islam more than anyone. They technically allow converts but they don't want them, to them they are pure Persians and are proud of it.

Zoroastrianism is far more orthodox than Islam. Honesty is one of their cardinal virtues so they're all very honest people. They also love dogs a lot. However, they're very caste orientated like Indians even within their society and they have some very backwards superstitions worse than our most backwards Muslims. But they're very honest people and you can trust them.

Here is my visit to their old way of sky burial. The dead eaten by vultures. They stopped doing it in the 70's
>>
>>137683724
There's only like two of them. They are dö irrelevant that people don't Care + there's no "red identity" like you guys have a southern identity.
>>
>>137685674
The Qur'an is arab but most of the religion was developed in Iran by iranians. All the hadiths were written by Persians. A lot of Muslim customs were adopted from Zoroastrianism including the art and architecture. It's a very Iranian religion. Basically like cathoclism is European although it started from Jews.
>>
>>137686653
Fair point, I guess I should have specified failed secessionist movements as opposed to general civil war.
>>
>>137685817

>was actually said by a gaul to the romans

According to the Romans, who always puffed their manlet chests out over the fetial rituals of ius belli, which they seldom actually observed.
They were inveterate liars who ascribed any old shit to the Gauls because Brennus humiliated them.
If its 'woe to the vanquished,' why didn't he raze Rome rather than leaving after a pretty meagre tribute payment?

Romans literally never got over the fact that their existence was owed to a merciful Gaul, something they couldn't deal with at all - Gauls were supposed to be barbarians, lacking the foremost qualities of actualised humanity.
>>
Pretty well, nobody really thinks about it now. it was such a long time ago. we just get on with things now. shitskin immigrants don't even know.
>>
>>137683724

Romans tolerated statues of Hannibal, I believe.

The guys behind the French revolution even kept the dead king's shit around. Did they burn his portraits?

Cromwell has a statue in Britain.
>>
>>137683724
Doesn't matter, in America we should show respect for our southern brothers.
>>
File: 1502665580091.jpg (142KB, 500x375px)
1502665580091.jpg
142KB, 500x375px
>>137683724
There was no civil war here, but all communist/russian monuments have been either destroyed or just taken down
>>
File: BHhSNH3CQAAre8A.jpg_large.jpg (134KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
BHhSNH3CQAAre8A.jpg_large.jpg
134KB, 1024x576px
>>137683724
They're being destroyed one by one and replaced by mosques. I mean, technically it's the winning side, but that was before history was suddenly racist, sexist and homophobe, so now even winners are losers.
>>
>>137683724
>How are monuments to the losing side treated?

They don't have any. Only burgers do this.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.