[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robert E Lee didnt want monuments

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Robert E. Lee.jpg (18KB, 380x370px) Image search: [Google]
Robert E. Lee.jpg
18KB, 380x370px
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/robert-e-lee-opposed-confederate-monuments/

>“I think it wiser,” the retired military leader wrote about a proposed Gettysburg memorial in 1869, “…not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered.”

What say you /pol/?
>>
>>137647056
He was a broken man.
>>
>>137647056
>Robert E Lee didnt want monuments
If that's the case then, liberals should want the opposite of what he wanted to dishonor him.
>>
>>137647301

So be perfidious, ye who will,
Renounce your sacred word,
Destroy all that which men hold dear
And let your eagle-bird
Perch proudly on your banner
And let his motto be:
“That which I cannot win by fight,
I gain by treachery.”

We know that we were rebels,
And we don’t deny the name.
We look on that which we have done
With grief but not with shame.
>>
Then blow up Gettysburg and every Union soldier statue in America.
>>
>>137647056
Okay but you can't cherry pick his beliefs. Would he have agreed with giving non-whites the right to vote?
No.
Would he agree with LGBT and racemixing?
No.
So if you want, we can level all the fucking monuments, but you have to banish all the degeneracy he was opposed to.
>>
>>137647315
kek this

checkmate
>>
>>137647056

OG 4d chessmaster

Checkmate leftists, you got played.
>>
So what? Jackson wouldn't want to be on the $20 bill. What's your point?
>>
File: CommieStatue.jpg (245KB, 877x641px) Image search: [Google]
CommieStatue.jpg
245KB, 877x641px
>>
>>137647056

Fuck Robert E Lee

This is our country and if we want a statue of him, we should keep it
>>
>>137647056
Lee is not the only person we have monuments for. Like it or not but the soldiers of the confederacy died protecting their home land against an attacking army that would and did ravage their homeland.
>>
>>137647056
As a Liberal looks like I'm going to have to change my position on this issue now.
>>
I should warn you right now,. I don't know how to use a computer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.