[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was #gamergate really the incident that radicalized the chan

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: gamergate.jpg (26KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
gamergate.jpg
26KB, 620x349px
Was #gamergate really the incident that radicalized the chan and geek culture in general against the Left? Or was it happening already?
>>
It was a huge factor. This is exceedingly rare in history, by the way, when a small group of events changes the course of things.
>>
>>137639575
>This is exceedingly rare in history, by the way, when a small group of events changes the course of things.

Top kek.
>pic related
>>
>>137639052
it was for me.

you fucked with my video games.
>>
File: 1497933581571.png (838KB, 1005x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497933581571.png
838KB, 1005x600px
>>137639052
/pol/ relies on facts and logic. They rely on feelings and echo chambers.

The weak should fear the strong.
>>
File: 1501713378137.jpg (132KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
1501713378137.jpg
132KB, 1024x789px
>>137639052
>>
File: 1501736443680.jpg (250KB, 1540x1540px) Image search: [Google]
1501736443680.jpg
250KB, 1540x1540px
>>137639052
They made fun of me.
They called me a nerd.
A loser.
And now they come into my house to destroy the one escape I have?
I have every right to be mad.
>>
>>137639052
It allowed right-leaning views to get an influence. Portraying a morally bankrupt invasion was enough to play low self-esteem white men into a wild positive feedback loop. Don't underestimate the loop.

That positive feedback loop is still going throughout right-wing outrage culture.

Outrage culture is non-partisan, but the right have been drowning in it for years now. Ever read the 2000's yahoo comments on news articles? Those tired, racist ideas and anecdotes (well-written, emotionally jarring, but anecdotal bullshit nonetheless) formed a positive feedback loop there.

Gamergate pulled plenty of young white men into that positive feedback loop where they have since been since stuck swirling, bingeing on outrage and cheap yellow journalism articles.

>inb4 reddit spacing
I hate that fucking site, this is just so you can fucking read what i have to say
>>
>>137639052
I'm part of the oldfuck 40+ demographic that doesn't give a fuck about gg. We were here hating niggers and lefties and shitposting before it even happened.
>>
File: BUYTHISMANADRINK.jpg (176KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
BUYTHISMANADRINK.jpg
176KB, 960x720px
>>137639052

It was all a radical takeover at the same time. The same time GamerGate was happening, the exact same leftist/feminist/marxist tactics were being used in stand-up comedy, film, music and virtually every entertainment or opinion forming media there is. You faggots recognize GamerGate so hard because you don't go outside much but the exact same thing happened in almost every industry intellectuals like in this country.
>>
it was the event that made me understand how utterly void of honesty the media was and lit a fucking fire in me against the unbelievably disingenuous nature of SJWs
>>
I welcome the Gamgergate generation of rightists, but I have trouble really respecting them.

You vote for King Nigger, the war-mongering, race-baiting EBT messiah twice, and then suddenly, "muh video games," and you see the left for what it is?

Anyone with any brains would have given up on Obama by the time the details of what Obamacare really is came out, and when he was bombing Libya to hell and left it in ruins for ISIS to take over.
>>
>>137640763
dont forget comics, a black female iron man? fuck off. a black mary jane watson replacement? eat shit and die.
>>
>>137639052
It was what turned semi-normies from faggots who believed television into manchildren who realized that everything the news tells them is bullshit.

>Vidya gaem journalism lied to me!
>regular journalism is lying about me!
and here we are today
>>
>>137639052
It was the first thing where we saw what the media writes and what happend. By reporting this shit they made use see how they see things and the media is just stupid.
>>
I can clearly remember my mental process during GG
>Oh shit, a big corruption scandal! This should be interesting
>...why is no one holding her accountable?
>...why are the whistle blowers being blamed?
>...why are people being silenced?
>...why are facts being met with appeal to emotion?
And now I'm here!
>>
>>137640763
But leftys still control virtually all forms of media
>>
>>137639052
i didnt care about gamergate
>>
>>137639052
It did for a lot of people. A bunch of autists who would have otherwise just kept to themselves were pushed out of their territory and mobilized into politics.

The way the media handled it was probably one of the biggest red pills of an entire generation. "If they're lying and coordinating so much about this, what else are they doing it about?"
>>
>>137641740

It takes alot of money to start up and run a media company. Guess who has all the money?
>>
File: 1502789917856.jpg (288KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1502789917856.jpg
288KB, 1500x1500px
>>137640214
Without GG, Trump might not have won certain states that were close as fuck.
GG has a huge butterfly effect of creating anti SJW culture and tons of youtubers that shat on feminists and cucks for 2+ years.
>>
how 2 commie:

>1. identify uneven distribution of ANYTHING
>2. claim those who have more have so because they are oppressing those who have less
>3. in this oddly retarded case, "having less" equates to "voluntarily participating in to a lesser degree"
>4. feminists scream & bitch & whine etc etc until its unbearable and everyone stops listening

its the same pattern as ever. wasnt anything new about it. just an unusually high degree of retardation
>>
>>137639052
that was a thing?

idk I torrent my shit, and uninstall afterwards. gaming is a shit hobby everyone outgrows. I just kill time with it.
>>
Breddy much =DDD
>>
it revealed the true colors of the left, everything since then has been a domino.
>>
>>137639575
Maybe Milo is in on Trump's time-traveling business and was planted during Gamergate to get the ball rolling
>>
>>137639052
Well, a lot of people play vidya. Avarage factory worker most likely plays it and autists with brains like computers play them too. When left started to fuck with video games, they pissed off both.
>>
>>137640456
>nobody took the pasta
Dare I say it????
/underrated/!!!!!
>>
>>137640645
You are weak old man.
>>
>Autists are the seal team 6 of the internet.
>Gamergate brought them into politics.
>Politics is communication.
>Basically all communication is on the internet.
>>Spergs now control politics

this is how gamergate changed the world.
>>
>>137640961
Can't argue with that, but to be fair there is only so many hours a day to give to any one issue. So people tend to have really low resolution understanding of issues that don't affect them personally.
>>
>>137639052
Fucking newfags.
/k/ and /pol/ hated libshits and leftists before it was cool.
>>
>>137639052

The gaming press took shit out of context to prove a point. It redpilled me about their malevolence.
>>
>>137640961
You aren't redpilled over night bro. It's that plus Occupy Wall Street that finally got people to notice the leftist menace.
>>
>>137639052
>Or was it happening already?
This.
Something like gamergate would have happened sooner or later.
The "Gamer" aspect of it is pretty meaningless
the main point was that it was a pushback against farleft ideology being forced on people.
>>
>>137639052
Gamergate was the beginning of the second prelude to everything.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.