[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHELBY FOOTE

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Shelby Foote is more relevant now than ever. One of the last truly objective voices on Civil War history. Listen to him now before it's too late. Do not forget how big of a tragedy the Civl War was on the soul of this nation. It was the single biggest scar in our history, and for that reason, we should remember and honor the dead on both sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCjfYP_5ASM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9J8P6WfS7w
>>
>>137607608
bumping
>>
>>137607608

I am of the opinion that The Civil War: A Narrative should be required reading to receive or maintain citizenship in the U.S. It's that fucking important to our history.
>>
This is also an important recording from a Confederate veteran. A first hand account of the times. People like to forget that the Civil War was alive in the memories of people for decades and decades after it ended. It really wasn't very long ago at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDfC-z9YaE
>>
The problem with the civil war is that Yankees are too intellectually challenged to understand that they were suckered into destroying the American Republic, overthowing the Constitution, and nullifying the Declaration of Independence.
>>
All southern politicians care about is getting their share of the pork.

The islamification of their country will put a stop to that racket.
>>
Abraham Lincoln a genius, hah, all he had to was follow orders from Stanton, Bates and Chase.

The Rethuglican Party was formed to destroy the Republic and that they did brilliantly.
>>
>>137609582
And when I say "destroy the Republic" I mean that the inner nature of the government was irrevocably altered for the worse, where only rogues and scoundrels flourish.
>>
>>137609582

You're missing what Foote's saying. He is saying that Lincoln was a political genius insofar as he was a master of manipulating public opinion and policy to suit his own agenda which is objectively true.

Look at the fucking emancipation proclimation. Anyone with a working brain knows that it was only made to stir up tensions further and prevent France, Britain, or the Vatican from entering the War in support of the Confederacy. The proclamation was firstly illegal and secondly didn't do jack shit for nigs in the North. In fact he basically dangled a carrot on a stick for nigs to incite insurrection only to send them to the North where they wouldn't be able to find work and still be treated as subhumans.

Foote is right. Lincoln was a genius. He's not saying he was a good guy. Foote takes Lincoln to task on his terrible policies and decisions time and again. But he is right when he identifies Lincoln as a political manipulator the likes of which this country hasn't seen since, with the exception of FDR and possibly Obama.

He also called Nathaniel Bedford Forrest a genius, though this was in regard to his military mind more so than his political mind.
>>
>>137611979
What he should be saying is that Lincoln was the worst president the United States ever had.
>>
File: bump.jpg (137KB, 1050x699px) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
137KB, 1050x699px
>>
I guess, the compromise is over because the people who made it are all dead and it doesn't apply to their descendants.
>>
File: Robert E. Lee pwning Unionists.png (291KB, 450x474px) Image search: [Google]
Robert E. Lee pwning Unionists.png
291KB, 450x474px
>>137607608
>we should remember and honor the dead on both sides.

Fuck that, we need to burn the fucking Union to the ground. Rip up Arlington National Cemetery and throw the Yankee caresses into the Potomac. Melt down Sherman's statue into Confederate gold coin. Put a noose around the neck of every carpetbagger and scalawag. Nuke every city above the Mason-Dixon Line. Round and exterminate EVERY SINGLE Northerner, down to the last man, woman, and faggot pronoun.

The ONLY Solution to the Yankee Problem is the FINAL Solution.

DON'T SPARE A SINGLE ONE OF THEM
>>
>>137615261
Ha, ha, ha, politically exterminate the two main political parties in the South. First.

Demand the expulsion of California from the Union to set a precedent instead of permitting them to secede.
>>
>>137607764

well, fwiw, i'll be checking this out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.