[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brazil aesthetic thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 27

Ave o império.
>>
>>
File: dom-pedro-II1.jpg (146KB, 1267x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dom-pedro-II1.jpg
146KB, 1267x1600px
A savant in his own right, the Emperor established a reputation as a vigorous sponsor of learning, culture and the sciences. He won the respect and admiration of scholars such as Charles Darwin, Victor Hugo and Friedrich Nietzsche, and was a friend to Richard Wagner, Louis Pasteur and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, among others.
>>
File: Pedro_II_1865_01.jpg (3MB, 1394x2264px) Image search: [Google]
Pedro_II_1865_01.jpg
3MB, 1394x2264px
Although there was no desire for a change in the form of government among most Brazilians, the Emperor was overthrown in a sudden coup d'état that had almost no support outside a clique of military leaders who desired a form of republic headed by a dictator. Pedro II had become weary of emperorship and despaired over the monarchy's future prospects, despite its overwhelming popular support. He did not allow his ouster to be opposed and did not support any attempt to restore the monarchy. He spent the last two years of his life in exile in Europe, living alone on very little money.

The reign of Pedro II thus came to an unusual end—he was overthrown while highly regarded by the people and at the pinnacle of his popularity, and some of his accomplishments were soon brought to naught as Brazil slipped into a long period of weak governments, dictatorships, and constitutional and economic crises. The men who had exiled him soon began to see in him a model for the Brazilian republic. A few decades after his death, his reputation was restored and his remains were returned to Brazil with celebrations nationwide. Historians have regarded the Emperor in an extremely positive light and several have ranked him as the greatest Brazilian
>>
File: Pedro_II_of_Brazil_1848.jpg (210KB, 793x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Pedro_II_of_Brazil_1848.jpg
210KB, 793x1300px
Charles Darwin said of him: "The Emperor does so much for science, that every scientific man is bound to show him the utmost respect".[111][112]

Pedro II became a member of the Royal Society, the Russian Academy of Sciences, The Royal Academies for Science and the Arts of Belgium and the American Geographical Society.[113] In 1875, he was elected to the French Academy of Sciences, an honor previously granted to only two other heads of state: Peter the Great and Napoleon Bonaparte.[114][115] He exchanged letters with scientists, philosophers, musicians and other intellectuals. Many of his correspondents became his friends, including Richard Wagner, Louis Pasteur, Louis Agassiz, John Greenleaf Whittier, Michel Eugène Chevreul, Alexander Graham Bell, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Arthur de Gobineau, Frédéric Mistral, Alessandro Manzoni, Alexandre Herculano, Camilo Castelo Branco and James Cooley Fletcher.[116] His erudition amazed Friedrich Nietzsche when the two met.[117] Victor Hugo told the Emperor: "Sire, you are a great citizen, you are the grandson of Marcus Aurelius," and Alexandre Herculano called him a "Prince whom the general opinion holds as the foremost of his era because of his gifted mind, and due to the constant application of that gift to the sciences and culture."[118]
>>
>>137570460
sopa de macaco UMA DELICIA
>>
File: download.jpg (89KB, 444x566px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
89KB, 444x566px
Subjects which interested Pedro II were wide-ranging, including anthropology, history, geography, geology, medicine, law, religious studies, philosophy, painting, sculpture, theater, music, chemistry, physics, astronomy, poetry and technology, among others.[95][96] By the end of his reign, there were three libraries in São Cristóvão palace containing more than 60,000 books.[97] A passion for linguistics prompted him throughout his life to study new languages, and he was able to speak and write not only Portuguese but also Latin, French, German, English, Italian, Spanish, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, Sanskrit, Chinese, Occitan and Tupi.
>>
>>137570460
Just finished playing a civ match with dis nigga. Cultural victory civilizations are based.
>>
File: dompedrodom-830x553.jpg (76KB, 830x553px) Image search: [Google]
dompedrodom-830x553.jpg
76KB, 830x553px
He also financed the creation of the Institute Pasteur, helped underwrite the construction of Wagner's Bayreuth Festspielhaus, as well as subscribing to similar projects.
>>
File: Pedro_II_of_Brazil_1851_edit.png (380KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pedro_II_of_Brazil_1851_edit.png
380KB, 450x600px
His father's abrupt abdication and departure to Europe in 1831 left a five-year-old Pedro II as Emperor and led to a grim and lonely childhood and adolescence. Obliged to spend his time studying in preparation for rule, he knew only brief moments of happiness and encountered few friends of his age. His experiences with court intrigues and political disputes during this period greatly affected his later character; he grew into a man with a strong sense of duty and devotion toward his country and his people, yet increasingly resentful of his role as monarch.
>tfw your dad abandon you when your 5
>tfw your mom die when you are 2
>tfw you have to study everyday to prepare for the throne
>tfw we had the best emperor ever
>tfw we couped him
>tfw we forbiddden him to ever come back
>tfw we cutted his salary
>tfw he died in poverty
>tfw he asked to put some Brazilian earth on his casket, because he missed so much his home
>>
File: Emperor_Pedro_I_1816.jpg (44KB, 478x600px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Pedro_I_1816.jpg
44KB, 478x600px
>>
>>
File: 800px-Pedro_II_1891_00.png (654KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Pedro_II_1891_00.png
654KB, 800x593px
>>
File: Batalha_de_Campo_Grande_-_1871.jpg (67KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Batalha_de_Campo_Grande_-_1871.jpg
67KB, 620x387px
As war with the British Empire threatened, Brazil had to turn its attention to its southern frontiers. Another civil war had begun in Uruguay as its political parties turned against each other.[134] The internal conflict led to the murder of Brazilians and looting of their property in Uruguay.[135] Brazil's government decided to intervene, fearful of giving any impression of weakness in the face of conflict with the British.[136] A Brazilian army invaded Uruguay in December 1864, beginning the brief Uruguayan War, which ended in February 1865.[137] Meanwhile, the dictator of Paraguay, Francisco Solano López took advantage of the situation to establish his country as a regional power. The Paraguayan army invaded the Brazilian province of Mato Grosso (the area known after 1977 as the state of Mato Grosso do Sul), triggering the Paraguayan War. Four months later, Paraguayan troops invaded Argentine territory as a prelude to an attack on Rio Grande do Sul.[138]

Aware of the anarchy in Rio Grande do Sul and the incapacity and incompetence of its military chiefs to resist the Paraguayan army, Pedro II decided to go to the front in person.[139] Upon receiving objections from the cabinet, the General Assembly and the Council of State, Pedro II pronounced: "If they can prevent me from going as an Emperor, they cannot prevent me from abdicating and going as a Fatherland Volunteer"—an allusion to those Brazilians who volunteered to go to war and became known throughout the nation as the "Fatherland Volunteers".[140] The monarch himself was popularly called the "Number-one volunteer"
>>
File: Rodrigues-republica-mab.jpg (520KB, 394x800px) Image search: [Google]
Rodrigues-republica-mab.jpg
520KB, 394x800px
>>
He warned the Countess of Barral in November 1866 that "the war should be concluded as honor demands, cost what it cost."[157] "Difficulties, setbacks, and war-weariness had no effect on his quiet resolve", said Barman. Mounting casualties did not distract him from advancing what he saw as Brazil's righteous cause, and he stood prepared to personally sacrifice his own throne to gain an honorable outcome.[157] Writing in his journal a few years previously Pedro II remarked: "What sort of fear could I have? That they take the government from me? Many better kings than I have lost it, and to me it is no more than the weight of a cross which it is my duty to carry."[158]
>>
>>137570830
lmao since then brazil has been shit
should have learned from your emperor
also, has anyone made a movie about his life
>>
File: Abdicacao_Pedro_I_do_Brasil.jpg (1MB, 1212x735px) Image search: [Google]
Abdicacao_Pedro_I_do_Brasil.jpg
1MB, 1212x735px
>>137572548

I am not lying when I tell you that I read this, and feel sad to the point of wanting to cry.
>>
File: Republica1889.jpg (96KB, 419x652px) Image search: [Google]
Republica1889.jpg
96KB, 419x652px
>>
>>
File: Pedro_II_of_Brazil_Paris_1887.jpg (245KB, 1185x1649px) Image search: [Google]
Pedro_II_of_Brazil_Paris_1887.jpg
245KB, 1185x1649px
>>
File: Pedro_II_of_Brazil_in_Egypt_1871.jpg (103KB, 1344x992px) Image search: [Google]
Pedro_II_of_Brazil_in_Egypt_1871.jpg
103KB, 1344x992px
After their experience of the perils and obstacles of government, the political figures who had arisen during the 1830s saw the Emperor as providing a fundamental source of authority essential for governing and for national survival.[31] These elder statesmen began to die off or retire from government until, by the 1880s, they had almost entirely been replaced by a newer generation of politicians who had no experience of the early years of Pedro II's reign. They had only known a stable administration and prosperity and saw no reason to uphold and defend the imperial office as a unifying force beneficial to the nation.[217] To them Pedro II was merely an old and increasingly sick man who had steadily eroded his position by taking an active role in politics for decades. Before he had been above criticism, but now his every action and inaction prompted meticulous scrutiny and open criticism. Many young politicians had become apathetic toward the monarchic regime and, when the time came, they would do nothing to defend it.[218] Pedro II's achievements went unremembered and unconsidered by the ruling elites. By his very success, the Emperor had made his position seem unnecessary.
>>
File: Bonifácio.jpg (101KB, 706x355px) Image search: [Google]
Bonifácio.jpg
101KB, 706x355px
The nation enjoyed great international prestige during the final years of the Empire, and it had become an emerging power within the international arena.[230][231] Predictions of economic and labor disruption caused by the abolition of slavery failed to materialize and the 1888 coffee harvest was successful.[232] The end of slavery had resulted in an explicit shift of support to republicanism by rich and powerful coffee farmers who held great political, economic and social power in the country.[233] Republicanism was an elitist creed which never flourished in Brazil, with little support in the provinces.[234] The combination of republican ideas and the dissemination of Positivism among the army's lower and medium officer ranks led to indiscipline among the corps and became a serious threat to the monarchy. They dreamed of a dictatorial republic, which they believed would be superior to the monarchy.[235][236]

Although there was no desire in Brazil among the majority of the population to change the form of government, the civilian republicans began pressuring army officers to overthrow the monarchy.[237][238] They launched a coup d'état, arrested Prime Minister Afonso Celso, Viscount of Ouro Preto and instituted the republic on 15 November 1889.[239] The few people who witnessed what occurred did not realize that it was a rebellion.[240][241] Historian Lídia Besouchet noted that "[r]arely has a revolution been so minor."[242] During the ordeal Pedro II showed no emotion, as if unconcerned about the outcome.[243] He dismissed all suggestions for quelling the rebellion that politicians and military leaders put forward.[244] When he heard the news of his deposition he simply commented: "If it is so, it will be my retirement. I have worked too hard and I am tired. I will go rest then."
>>
File: 1496123157539-2.png (2MB, 694x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1496123157539-2.png
2MB, 694x1079px
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (295KB, 498x615px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
295KB, 498x615px
>>
>>
File: Monumento_à_Independencia_II.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Monumento_à_Independencia_II.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
>>
File: SaudacaoIntegralista1935.jpg (103KB, 400x469px) Image search: [Google]
SaudacaoIntegralista1935.jpg
103KB, 400x469px
>>
File: Bandera_Arena.png (49KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Bandera_Arena.png
49KB, 2000x1333px
Literally the equivalent to the nazi flag in Brazil
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.