[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The civil war was about slavery, get over it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8388.jpg (45KB, 414x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8388.jpg
45KB, 414x532px
Why do Southerners claim the civil war wasn't about slavery?

It was clearly about the right to own slaves.

A modern day civil war would be a bunch of white people dying so that a few people could continue to hire illegals
>>
File: 1499259661052.gif (490KB, 167x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499259661052.gif
490KB, 167x250px
Because unless the name happened to never dawn on you. It was whether or not States had Autonomy or not. Hence the Federate and Confederates. Most of the plantations just happened to be South of the Front-lines and don't act as though the North committed atrocities of their own.
>>
>>137563794
>It was about states rights
What rights?
>states rights to secede
Why did they want to secede
>they wanted to secede for economic reasons and differences
And those differences were?
>uhhh uh it wasn't about slavery ok!
>>
>>137562856
Slavery was 1 (one) of the reasons.
>>
>>137563794
>It was whether or not States had Autonomy or not.......................................to own slaves
>>
File: 1371343505331.png (8KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1371343505331.png
8KB, 501x585px
>>137562856
let's not talk about the one group that owned the majority of slaves, that owned the majority of slave ships, that owned the auction stations that sold them either

that would be anti-semetic
>>
File: 1496972050874.jpg (31KB, 720x778px) Image search: [Google]
1496972050874.jpg
31KB, 720x778px
>>137562856
Civil war was about free trade and tariffs.
Idiots drinking the kool-aid will buy anything. You prob think that the Iraq war was about WMDs.
>>
File: 1501755165874.jpg (88KB, 705x493px) Image search: [Google]
1501755165874.jpg
88KB, 705x493px
>>
>>137564206
>>137564351

Still no reason to tear down a memorial to the dead poor men who fought the war and did not own slaves
>>
>>137564206
Okay.

After the war ended and slavery was abolished, why not let the South leave the union?
>>
>>137564629
Lincoln didn't swallow the capitalism pill. Capitalism will naturally order those that are successful from those that are not.
>>
everyone knows the civil war was about oil found in the south.
>>
>>137562856
Imagine knowing so little about your history that you unironically believe the narrative told by PBS at face value.
>>
>>137562856
Nigger / niggerdick sucker
get your shit straight right now. The civil war was about redistributing and rebranding slaves. The Union stole Confederate slaves and baited them with promises away from a simple and stable life in the South, so they could be economic slaves in the factories of the North. The slaves were truly freed only in the 1960s, when it was needed as political ammunition against the domineering, authoritarian Soviet Union

The northern hemisphere is in significantly less shit than the rest of the globe for one reason and one reason only - the Caucasian, Indo-European people brutally, efficiently every cancer out of itself. Medicine, machinery, classical music and every piece of culture the lower castes appropriated was founded on the determination of the northerners to make their lands less shit (Japs / Chinese too, as of late, but they don't let shitskins ruin their lands)

It is documented that Jews got expelled from some major county of Europe every few years, typically less than a dozen. Invading sand people got slain in droves - many lords made their names as the "Turk-slayers"
>>
>>137564824
Was part of the treaty and before industrial revolution a lot of the crops/cotton/resources/money, was coming from the South, so its pretty obvious the North wanted to keep them around.
>>
>>137562856
You literally posted this same thread with same picture 12 hours ago shill. SAGE and Slide.
>>
No it wasn't.

Abraham Lincoln was unanimously voted into office, and even though he was an abolitionist he stated multiple times that he would never pursue ending slavery to preserve the Union. The south felt they were very unjustly represented because Lincoln won in such a landslide so they revolted against the union they felt did them wrong. It'd be like if Trump was the number one Republican nominee in history and every red state voted for Hillary and the Country revolted saying that the war was about immigration.

Were you seriously not taught this in middle school?
>>
>>137562856
>Why do Southerners claim the civil war wasn't about slavery?
because the emancipation proclamation freed confederate slaves but not union slaves. kinda hypocritical donchathink?
>>
>>137562856
>>137565218
The civil war was like any other war between two white peoples: one stood to gain a lot from the destruction of the other, politics amounted to simple wrapping paper, and "da J00s" cashed in on warbonds.
>>
>>137565703
Was going to reply this, almost verbatim.
>>
>>137562856
If the war was about slavery why wasn't slavery banned in the north?
>>
>>137564206
One of the major reasons for secession was the import/export tariff, which affected the south vastly more than the north, so the South felt like Washington was a foreign government just like the colonists viewed London 70 years earlier.
>>
I wonder how many of those confederate soldiers owned slaves, I'm guessing 1%, if that.
>>
>>137564206
>What rights?
The right to self-determination, which is very broad, but can flare up over specifics.

Less than 2% owned slaves, and the common man was affected negatively by the economic impact which was akin to being displaced by automation.

Can you prove that the North fought to end slavery, and didnt just free the slaves as an act of war, hoping to use them as weapons against their kin, then deport them?
>>
>>137562856
>The civil war was about slavery
Revisionism, just like WWII wasn't about muh jews.
>>
>>137566257
How do we end racism, its the supposed reason behind all these events, so how do we do it? That is assuming you are not a racist yourself.

I live in the South and many people have the confederate flag because MUH PRIDE. At first I was okay with it, but the more I got to know these people it became obvious that they were just racist.
>>
>>137567086
The Real question is, why do you care about people being racist if youre white?
>>
>>137564206
Damn you retarded.
>>
>>137562856
>>137564206

Slavery was legal in the Union retard
>>
>>137562856
4 states fought in the North and kept their slaves until the 13th amendment was passed... AFTER the war ended.

KYS, you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>137566606
Even if the war wasn't about slavery, are you not at least glad that it ended with it?

I'm okay with people defending their side of the Civil war, but I think they should also state their thoughts on slavery and racism. We shouldn't be ignoring social issues and pretending they don't exist.
>>
File: 1252821707045.jpg (42KB, 447x600px) Image search: [Google]
1252821707045.jpg
42KB, 447x600px
It was, but not in the sense that most people understand.

It was a war of economics, and slavery was part of that, as in the labor force. In fact, many Northerners were apathetic to slavery, including Lincoln, until they used it as a moral linchpin with which to define the war.

In general, the states of the South sought their own rights in response to Northern aggression, and therefore thousands of confederate soldiers fought under that pretense alone, including Robert E Lee. Lee was actually asked to join the Union Army in the fight against the South, but he declined on the fact that he was to go home and fight for his "country" of Virgina. States rights were much more pronounced a century ago.
>>
>>137562856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q--iGgtRn8
>>
>>137567522
I am not white, I am Hispanic.

There isn't a lot of racism towards Hispanics, as I go to an all white church in Texas where I am the only minority and people love me there.

Although the church doesn't have a problem with Hispanics, for some reason they have a problem towards black people. Openly saying the N word, and bragging about how they shot N words when they were younger with their BB guns. Any black person that has ever visited the church never returns, because of the way some members have treated them.
>>
>>137568889
>I am not white, I am Hispanic.

Being Hispanic, black Americans hate you with a purple passion.
>>137566606
>Can you prove that the North fought to end slavery, and didnt just free the slaves as an act of war, hoping to use them as weapons against their kin, then deport them?

Fuck no (he/she/it) can't prove it, because the emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in the south (rebelling states).
>>
>>137570508

This.

Most Hispanics actually hate black people and vice versa.
>>
>>137570508

stupid southerners getting btfo by a west point history professor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4
>>
>>137570731

>Union Colonel
>morally repugnant

Stop listening right there.

t. Northerner
>>
>>137570651
I will admit that a lot of them do.

However, I don't care if a black or white person hates me, I am still going to treat them with respect even if it makes me a "cuck".
>>
>>137562856
It wasn't about slavery it was about secession
Ending slavery was just a means of killing their industry. The equivalent of bombing german factories during WW2

Stop trying to whitewash history, faggot

Ship the niggers back
>>
>>137570731
>
>stupid southerners getting btfo by a west point history professor
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4

TheEmancipation Proclamation1863. On Jan. 1, 1863, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln declared free all slavesresiding in territory inrebellion against the federal government. This Emancipation Proclamationactually freedfew people.

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/presidents/abraham-lincoln/the-emancipation-proclamation-1863.php

Read a book you dumb mother fucker.
>>
>>137572011
But that's not what I learned in public school and on facebook, anon.
I heard that the Civil War was fought solely for slavery.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.