[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They Them

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: theythem.png (182KB, 1290x725px) Image search: [Google]
theythem.png
182KB, 1290x725px
So I figured this was the best place to ask.
Why do non-binary people go by they and them when that is a plural pronoun and they are still one person. I know they think they have two or no genders but they only have one body, one identity.
>>
I tried looking this up on google already but not only do I get no answer, I also get a lot of wrong information cited by barley credible sources
>>
>>137550014
>>137549954
They have dozens of pronoun now, and you shouldn't try to apply logic and common sens to mentally ill people
>>
>>137550141
Cop-out answer
>>
>>137549954
OI BRUV DID YOU JUST MAKE A HOMOPHOBIC REMARK THAT'S LOIFE IN PRISON IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR WOT.
>>
>Why do the mentally ill do crazy shit
>>
>>137550216
zie zim zir zis zieself
sie sie hir hirs hirself
ey em eir eirs eirself
ve ver vis vers verself
tey ter tem ters terself
e em eir eirs emself
>>
>>137549954
They can also be used as a singular pronoun see here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they
As for the use of them or why they insist of being reffered to as they or them who knows.
>>
>>137549954
They get off on other people stressing out over it. Its sociopathy
>>
>>137549954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB-SRBuBrOI
>>
>>137550480
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

Okay so they made that shit up and forced wiki to make a page. Why would anyone want to use a plural pronoun for their new gender.
>>
>>137549954
>"It" had negative connotations
>English lacks neutral term (unlike other European languages)
>"They" is reminiscent of royal "we" (indirectly)

Take your pick
>>
>>137549954

Because they're mentally defective.
>>
>>137549954
It gives them the illusion of control in social situations.

They enter the situation forcing you to play a game that you are not interested in playing, because you know that it is ultimately irrelevant. They set these basic rhetorical ground-rules which they deem are not to be violated, and then proceed to attempt to beat you over the head with a moral truncheon if you forget the rules of the game.

It is the way of a coward, an idiot pretend-victim, to control a conversation. Anyone who truly believed what they were saying or felt comfortable with the situation would not be so desperate for this level of control.
>>
>>137550720
The use of they as a singular pronoun has been around since the 14th century.
>>
>>137549954
>They thinks they is so important when they is just a faggot
>>
English teacher here, they/them has always been used in English when we don't know if the subject is masculine/feminine singular/plural.
Eg: whoever was here before us needs to come back soon, they've left the place in a total mess.
>>
>>137550720
>Why would anyone want to use a plural pronoun for their new gender.
>their
check out this dum dum
>>
>>137549954
>They/them is plural
Uhm sweaty? No it's not
That's like saying tear only means the verb
They/them can be singular. This is the English language and it's the hardest to learn
Now to this bat to the batter bat so he can batter the batter
>>
>>137551612
English is the king of hidden meaning
It is the language of the jew made for the gentile mouth
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.