[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally converting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 635_2B5PvRt.png (332KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
635_2B5PvRt.png
332KB, 800x800px
Finally converting to Christianity (Episcopalianism), and I wanted to ask a dumb question in the hopes I could get an honest answer, as most of the responses to this have either been ridiculous 'jew religion is bad, follow this dumb slavic pagan religion instead where we worship snow' or 'just force it'. My question is: How do I actually gain faith? How do I confirm that my beliefs are true, and that God is real, and that Jesus is the son of man? How do I know? Is it just a process where I have to force myself to believe?
>>
>>137517400
(You don't.)
>>
nah you cant force yourself or be forced
if you want it enough you will see a sign
>>
>>137517400
Read this and spit in the face of atheists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_problem_of_consciousness

It not a question of believing in God, it is a question of believing in the testimonies of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>137517400
>Is it just a process where I have to force myself to believe?
Absolutely not. It is about reading and studying. As you gain more knowledge about the world, you eventually gain faith in God.
>>
Faith is one of the three theological virtues because you cannot create it for yourself, but is simply given or not by "god" at the time of his choosing.

I'm an atheist, but a buddy of mine is a catholic and he explained the concept of "grace" to me.

Basically, you're just going along minding your own business and one day it just hits you out of nowhere.

That's what happened to Paul. He hated and persecuted christians for his entire life. Then, one day he was walking on the road from Jerusalem to Damascus he realizes the truth and is converted
>>
>>137518445
Question your own existence, and meditate on that thought. If you have it in you, it will come.
>>
Is it ok to be back and forth with your religion? at times, i would resent any kind of love towards god, and at other times, I would embrace it. do i need help?
>>
Congratulations!
Jesus is a living being who can relate directly to his earth children via SPIRIT. It's rare, but occasionally in deep prayer I literally experience his presence. Its like brother love, but with more power, and comfort, than you'd experience with a human.
>>
Read:
>Life of Johnson, Johnson's Ramber essays
>Addison's Evidence of the Christian Religion
>Cardinal Newman's Grammar of Assent
>De Quincey's theological essays
>>
>>137517400
> Episcopalian
Enjoy your faggot priests and lesbian bishops. SSPX4lyfe
>>
>>137519451
>Catholicism without the Pope
>Daily Office
fuck off heretic, stop seeking leadership in fellow man.
>>
>>137517400

A good start is to stop asking 4chan
>>
>>137517400
read the new testament anon
>>
File: level0_logo.gif (8KB, 324x130px) Image search: [Google]
level0_logo.gif
8KB, 324x130px
>>137517400
Become catholic so you can deus vult
>>
Faith is the belief-action that you employ when you want to achieve a goal. When you pray you are exercising faith. When you experience God or receive answer to prayer, for that short time or one moment there is no need for faith, because the goal is achieved. Alot or a little faith may be required. The goal is to gain Christ vision (eyes which can see SPIRIT), to have original Godlike thoughts, and to master your environment.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.