[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confederate Group Vows to Repair Damaged Atlanta Statue

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Thug.jpg (94KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
Thug.jpg
94KB, 970x647px
>A protester climbs a Confederate monument with a chain in an attempt to topple it Sunday, Aug. 13, 2017, in Atlanta. The peace monument at the 14th Street entrance depicts an angel of peace stilling the hand of a Confederate soldier about to fire his rifle. Protesters decrying hatred and racism converged around the country on Sunday, saying they felt compelled to counteract the white supremacist rally that spiraled into deadly violence in Virginia.

>The group that erected an Atlanta monument depicting a Confederate soldier vowed Monday that it will be repaired after protesters splattered it with red spray paint and broke a chunk from it.

>It appears that the Old Guard of the Gate City Guard must now raise money to repair the 105-year-old statue, said John Green, past commandant of the group.

>"We will somehow get it repaired," Green said of the Atlanta monument.

>Every year in October, the group holds a ceremony at the statue to re-dedicate the monument.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/virginia/articles/2017-08-14/confederate-group-wants-atlanta-statue-repaired-after-damage
>>
Jesus christ America stop behaving like a 3rd world country
>>
>>137516298
>The peace monument at the 14th Street entrance depicts an angel of peace stilling the hand of a Confederate soldier about to fire his rifle.
>The statue shows a Confederate soldier laying down his rifle at the end of Reconstruction

So this is not even a monument "glorifying" the Confederacy, and perhaps even the opposite - just depicting it was time for peace and to end the fighting - and they vandalized it?

These people don't even know why they are angry - they are just "supposed" to be angry, about something.
>>
>>137516298

They destroyed a peace monument. A fucking PEACE monument. A memorial put in place to help unify the country after a terrible war, to look to the better angels of our nature, as Lincoln said. Hence the Angel in the memorial.

And they fucking destroy it. The symbolism of this is obvious. This is an act of outright hostility. Desecrating a peace monument means you have no interest in peace.

>>137516691

Fuck no. These little faggots seem to think they can just do whatever the fuck they want and nobody will stop them. Not the Media, Not society, not the Government. Well fuck them. If they want to fight, I say we fight.
>>
>>137516691
We're literally just a rich third world country though. The only difference between the United States and Brazil is economic.
>>
>>137516298
Looks like I know who I'm cutting my "generous causes" check to this year. Thanks, OP. You were not a faggot this time.
>>
>>137516298
>must now raise money to repair the 105-year-old statue,
Won't they do it again?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.