[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With todays vindictive climate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Why are TOR exit nodes and VPNs banned on 4chan? I attempted to post using TOR and was informed this is not allowed... Is 4chan a honeypot?
>>
>>137511875
Yup. Have fun in the pokey faggot
>>
File: a (269).jpg (43KB, 600x560px)
a (269).jpg
43KB, 600x560px
>>137511875
4chan, in order to stay online, works with the government and provides IP info when requested.
>>
>>137512653
Fucking snitches
>>
>>137511875
Maybe not really a honeypot, but insofar as subversive forums like pol are going to exist, it's being tolerated on 4chan since at least it can be kept under check.
The intelligence agencies are probably partly behind Tor and cryptocurrencies too. In these cases because they knew things like these would be developed eventually anyway, and they have uses for them for their own operations when they work with criminals.
>>
>>137511875
They didn't specifically ban tor. It's defacto banned because every tor exit node and VPN happens to be permabanned for posting CP.
>>
>>137514274
This. Blame the degenerates.
>>
>>137511875
Dunno why you'd be using Tor anyways, most of the exit nodes are property of the Five Eyes.
>>
>>137514469
Compromised exit nodes isn't necessarily enough to fully deanonymize you. And when TLS is used (like on 4chan) you should be safe.
They have compromised much more than just the exit nodes though.
>>
>>137514763
I know. But the average anon isn't familiar with how it all works, so I mostly have to scare them with the absolute basics. However, you do make a good point, that TLS is a good security blanket for most use cases where you want the traffic to be secure, not necessarily the connection.
I2P or Blockchain networking is the best solution IMO, but those aren't as widely adopted as they should be, and as such aren't as heavily developed (especially the latter).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.