[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gender and sexuality in politics

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: gaystraight-politics.png (37KB, 464x292px) Image search: [Google]
gaystraight-politics.png
37KB, 464x292px
Lets talk about gender and sexuality in politics. I've noticed many rightwingers shun and condemn the left as "cucks", "faggots", "queers", ETC. These insults seem to have the common theme of favoring strong masculinity over submissive/feminine practices (Especially sexual ones). This dates back to the Red Scare and Cold War, when the main flaw politicians were accused of was being "soft" on communism or being a "pinko". While this was mostly based on upholding democracy against communism, it had homophobic undertones. Fast forward to today. Gays and bisexuals are mostly accepted in society, and transgenders seem to not be too far behind, but this homophobic undertone still seems as present as ever. What is the true root of this phenomenon? Will it ever cease? DISCUSS
>>
>>137477312
How are less than five percent of straights conservative?
>>
>>137477576
Dunno t b h kinda picked the image last minute

ALL POSTS BELOW NOTE THAT PIC IS ONLY KIND OF RELATED AND STATS IN PIC ARE PROBABLY INNACURATE
>>
Are you going to source that chart or are we made to believe everything you post is truth?
>>
you sound like some non-STEM student trying to read too deep into something that's really not that complicated.

In the process, you out yourself as a typical one of the "libshits" we tend to mock and insult.

So you sir, are a faggot. I'm not calling you a faggot because I hate communism, and it's leaders are faggots.
I'm calling you a faggot because you're a faggot.
>>
>>137478020
I'm pretty liberal, but don't think it's that relevant as this wasn't really supposed to be an argument thread. I just noticed a phenomenon and wanted some other takes on it.
>>
>>137478462
we have high emphasis on gender roles here.
Men are strong.
Everyone on the internet is assumed male.
Thus the ultimate insult to someone is to insult their masculinity.
This being /pol/, it's accepted and pretty much a parody of itself.
But if it's a known female, we'll more likely call them things like "whales", insults to their feminimity

it's not difficult. It's a cheap tactic that gets under the skin easy.
>>
>>137479027
Makes sense with the more crass discussions that can almost never exist outside of anonymous image boards, but how does one explain the phenomenon when it's found in real-world politics?
>>
>>137479688
same.
shit.

gender roles are real. pretending all males don't have an inherent desire to be a strong figure is bullshit.
You won't get up in society anyway without it.
Thus, everyone in your real world politics falls for the same damn insults.
>>
File: Pic.jpg (364KB, 957x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Pic.jpg
364KB, 957x1024px
>>137477312
>>
File: 1400947634375.gif (101KB, 250x296px) Image search: [Google]
1400947634375.gif
101KB, 250x296px
>>137477312
I'm pretty sure fags aren't liberal by design but because they were basically thrown into liberalism. Liberals are only ones tolerating them. And hey, the biggest kike BTFO in history came from a fag so i guess they can't be ALL bad.
>>
>>137477312
slide
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.