[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The TV License

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 2000px-BBC.svg.png (18KB, 2000x573px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-BBC.svg.png
18KB, 2000x573px
In Britain, you have the freedom to opt out of paying for the public service broadcaster.
In your country, public service broadcasting is paid for by general taxation, which you are forced to pay.
I trust this silly little matter is settled and you realise Britain's system is far superior and respects liberty more so than your own.
>>
>>137405800
BBC is best in the world so stfu
>>
>>137405800
>opt out of paying for the public service broadcaster.
That'll come as news to the hundreds of widows and nurses that fill up HMP Holloway

If the Beeb is so great, let's see someone here pay for my licence (not that I do. Ha!)
>>
>>137405945
Lmao according to the beeb roman legions were filled with nigger centurions.

It's all pc shite these days
>>
>>137405800
So what's the deal? Say you have a tv to use as a computer monitor, do you have to pay the license? Or say a projector that can take an HDMI?
>>
If I dont pay my Sky bill i get a bill.

If I dont pay my TV licence fine, HMRC takes it direct from my bank.

They dont need to jail us anymore, they have access to our banks.
>>
>>137405800
??? if you choose to opt out you're not allowed any form of live television.
>>
I don't agree with the fee, the BBC is no longer impartial, it's left wing bullshit and it's getting tiresome.

Scrap it.
>>
>>137406307
no it's live television and access to the BBC catch up service you pay for.
>>
>>137405945
They have 2 goodish shows and the odd good documentary but otherwise the rest is shit
>>
>>137406427
Yep, but you aren't legally obligated to provide access to your property to check. If they come to check the best thing to do is to say nothing, not even confirm your name, and close the door.

https://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/index.php
>>
>>137406470
>>137406307
If you have a computer or if the TV features Digital TV, technically, yes. If it's a projector on it's own, no.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37226030
>>
File: IMG_1098.jpg (48KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1098.jpg
48KB, 460x276px
I thought the only way to get out of paying the TV tax was to let your kid stay at Savilles house?
>>
>>137406368
Not true, you can send off a decleration that you do not watch television and if it all checks out they will exempt you for 2 years
>>
Actually its live ANYTHING....including online you tube livestreams etc

Of course this means it has nothing really to do with he BBC licence fee perse, its just a form of voluntary tax...
>>
>>137407643
This. I recently sent off a decleration that I haven't carried a butter knife in public and it only took three weeks to be approved
>>
>>137405800
What?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.