[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ethnic or national pride is irrational

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 6960545.jpg (164KB, 630x491px) Image search: [Google]
6960545.jpg
164KB, 630x491px
>>
>>137270862
why do you hear so little of this being sent towards ethnic minorities? what's goin on? fill me in here
>>
>>137270862
So stupid.

One can be proud of the accomplishments of their ancestors without taking credit for those accomplishments for themselves while also accepting responsibility to live up to those accomplishments and even exceed them.
>>
>>137270862
>intelligence and strenght are genetic "accidents" at least partially
>because of this you can't be proud of being smart/strong

Logic of steel
>>
>>137270862
low tier b8
>>
>>137270862
Tell that to spics and asians.
>>
>>137270862
>taking Carlin at his word instead of a character
You don't seem to understand what rational is.
Anything that is done in the name of survival is a rational choice even if it's the wrong one.
Ethnic pride comes from tribalism, which has been essential to homo-sapiens since before we were sapiens, so it's completely rational, you pleb.
>>
>>137270862
Well George was pretty dumb guy desu
He was populist so he was popular but don't expect to find any value in his acts except for comedy ones.
>>
>>137270862
>With a positive connotation, pride refers to a humble and content sense of attachment toward one's own or another's choices and actions, or toward a whole group of people, and is a product of praise, independent self-reflection, and a fulfilled feeling of belonging.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 200x281px
/pol/ RESTORE JEFFERSON LEGACY, https://youtu.be/hCIc5ymZai4

RESTORE YOUR CULTURE, PRIDE

Trump is trouncing Obama on issues of race, and Obama was a historically black first president. Trump beats him on every issue, stock market, trade, jobs, border, SC, etc

MAGA
>>
File: terrible.jpg (97KB, 749x815px) Image search: [Google]
terrible.jpg
97KB, 749x815px
>>137270862
Why are people like him always drug-addicts and alcoholics? Why are left wing artists like this? They act all high and mighty and morally superior, but do THIS shit on a regular basis. And they are still celebrated.
>>
>>137270862
You can also say you're proud of someone. Like when your buddy graduates or something, you can tell him you're proud of him. Even if you didn't help him or anything, you can still say so. National pride is beyond what dimwits believe as "accident of birth," no, it is pride in the people around you, past and present, and what they have done to make your life better for you.
>>
>>137270862
>you can't be proud of anything genetic
Try that on my 8 inch schlong and acceptance to grad school
>>
>Irrational beings act irrational
More news at 11
>>
File: civicnationalism.jpg (414KB, 634x746px) Image search: [Google]
civicnationalism.jpg
414KB, 634x746px
>>
>>137270862
He is right. Pride is the stupidest thing ever. Wow good job you happened to be the clump of cells functioning (badly) and managed an arbitrary so-called "accomplishment" purely due to luck. You don't choose your parents, your surroundings, your genes, the time of your birth, anything.
Fuck pride.
>>
>>137273760
They have no morals or a sense of care/control. It is pure self destruction and self hatred. Left wing artists are mostly jewish or unders jewish control, the latter becoming a self hating mess over time
>>
>>137274306
>its all a numbers game
That's wrong. Good healthy parents that raise their non mixed children properly are to be proud of, it is that simple.
>>
>>137270862
>unironically quoting a sad, drug-addled blackpilled comedian who pandered to commies his whole career in order to fuel his cocaine addiction
Careful not to cut yourself on that edge there, lad.

>>137274306
>t. Abdul al-Britani
>>
>>137270862

Ethnic and national pride is highly rational. george carlin is a piece of shit.
>>
wow that quote from a dead comedian really changed my mind
>>
>>137274393
Reminder that ol' Adolph was an amphetamine addict.
>>
>>137270862
this is such a crock of horseshit

people with achievements do them within the cultural framework of their society. Pride and a feeling of belonging to that society is an aspect of that
>>
File: e8e.png (8KB, 277x271px) Image search: [Google]
e8e.png
8KB, 277x271px
>>137275152
>>
>>137274306
You have to go back ahmed
>>
>>137273760
This is a pertinent question. Amerifats take their instruction for how to live and think from celebs who are alcoholucs, drug addicts, can't keep a spouse, have mental breakdowns, and commit suicide. Shouldn't it be a basic life rule not to take advice from fucked-up people?
>>
its just a joke about how different people see pride.

For the introverted types pride should only be felt after achieving something you set out to do.

For the Nationalistic (or extroverts who see themselves how others see them), if you fail at what you set out to do then you lose the right to feel prideful of your heritage.

ones a reward the other is a consequence. Neither is that healthy desu, pride cometh etc etc
>>
>>137270862
>I'm proud to be gay
>I'm proud to be a woman
>I'm proud to be disabled

How come nobody criticizes that?
>>
>>137276513
4chan does, people before 30 years ago did.
>>
>>137276513
because it isn't really about the concept of pride pertaining to group identity. It's a subjective distaste and desire to element "white" and Western pride.

It's the same as when Muslims run people over with vehicles and get a high kill count. But then one white guy does it and is shat on and used as a means to try and destroy a movement. They don't really care about morality or safety, they're are enemies and want to destroy us
>>
>>137271125
This
>>
>>137270862
>you wouldn't say you're proud to be 5'11

That's because Carlin was a manlet. Anyone over 6'0 would say they're proud of their height.

Also

>u aren't allowed to be proud of what ur ancestors did
>U NEED 2 PAY REPARATIONS 4 WAT UR ANCESTORS DID WITEY
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.