[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An in-depth examination of the phrase "White Pride"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 887.png (323KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
887.png
323KB, 600x600px
Hello /pol/. Today I feel like starting a nice discussion with you! I apologize for any incorrect uses of phrases or misspelled words, I am from Bulgaria, after all. I hope we can have a pleasant and honest discussion with each other. This might be a bit more American-specific but I'm sure there's parallels that can be drawn to usage of the phrase in Europe (where it's still even legal to do so).
I'm jumping straight into it. It's not as much an argument but rather my proposition on how to classify people affiliated with the phrase "White Pride" in a more in-depth manner. My argument is about the validity of the phrase in its own right and how it suffers from fairly unique scrutiny.

I'll lay out my arguments and observations now. Surely most of you (specifically white European descendants/caucasians)have in one way or another have been in the awkward situation where people from other ethnic groups can espouse their pride to their own ethnic/racial group freely but you remembered that "White Pride" is a "bad" combination of words. The reason for this is definitely historical but for someone like me who's country was allied with Germany during WW2 and suffered infinitely more from communist regimes I get to have a rather fresh and almost neutral perspective on it.

Specifically my argument is that the phrase has been coined as bad by using a lower echelon group (KKK&Neo-Nazis) as a scapegoat and as a representative of the group. An example of a higher echelon group that has shown affiliation of that type have been artists, writers, musical composers and so on. Specifically I'll focus on music since it's just easier for me since I have a bit of knowledge in music history and I play an instrument so I can understand the mechanics behind composing music a bit easier.

cont.
>>
If you think that Bach, Mozart, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, Dvorak or any of the masterful musicians of eras long ago never heard oriental music, whether it be Arabic or Asian, and compared it to their own works and to the works of other Europeans around them in their respective eras, then you're being willfully ignorant.

My point is that "White Pride" has always been historically as a classification, the argument that "oh well they were just proud of their own nationality other than their ethnogroup as a whole" is incorrect in my opinion.
After the Renaissance a certain cultural free market boomed in Europe and cultures started trading everything from musical techniques to wine making and beer brewing methods. Obviously free market is a very loosely used word here considering wars still occurred and other atrocities happened but it's ridiculous in my opinion to imply that the reason why European music and arts of that era aren't the Gold Standard we use today for quality for any other reason than that. All of that was made possible because Europeans understood their own cultural similarities and functioned because there was something to be mutually gained. If an oriental of any sort came up to Bach and said "Hey, I'm willing to trade musical methodology with you", I hardly believe the trade would actually occur since both parties are not on an even playing field. While on the other hand if Bach and Vivaldi were to engage in trade, it would be favorable for both parties, both of them being Baroque composers but one of them being Italian and the other German.

I understand the argument that national pride is better than racial pride, but I don't think that invalidates the right to use racial pride considering it's definitely logically sound.

I can extrapolate my theory a bit further or examine different viewpoints if necessary but I want to see if you guys have anything specifically you disagree with so far because this is the foundation of my argument currently.
>>
>>137264199
>>137264362
>tl;dr Why is the phrase "White Pride" coined as bad by using lower echelon groups to validate it while ignoring higher echelon groups that used that phrase as well?
No obvious ((())) answers please.
>>
I think it is an irrelevant phrase. What does it mean? European? Aryan? Caucasian? Europeans are as different from each other as their languages. Aryan? Isn't that an ancient civilisation responsible for the Vedic texts? How can a white person identify as that? Maybe with that, appreciate that, but BE that? Caucasian? How many have actually been to the Caucasus mountains to claim that as a cultural heritage? So, it must be based on something other than identity by skin color. And hating other skin colors. It's beyond stupid. Our enemies are political who want to suppress our criticism of them.
>>
>>137265462
I think that "White Pride" is 100% interchangeable with "European Pride", or the achievements of people of European descent in the fields of the Arts.
I mentioned that I understand that national pride is definitely a more logical way to classify yourself as part of a group but what I'm trying to get at is that you can definitely have European Pride.

My example was that musicians of the classical era would 100% be able to identify structural patterns in their music and would have no issue touting their collective of music as better than oriental/foreign styles.
Skin color is what they want to break it down under, while that's not true. Using lower echelon groups like the KKK/Neo Nazis where they might just say "i like white skin better hurr durr it dont look like poop" is irrelevant because to me and to everyone else pride in a nation/race is the pride of the culture, traditions, heritage, history, technological achievements and so on.

I'm trying to validate an individuals pride in the cultural norms/traditions/achievements seen in his group, only extrapolated at a larger level.
>>
File: richard.png (383KB, 463x550px) Image search: [Google]
richard.png
383KB, 463x550px
>>137264199
i get what you're saying bulgaranon; unfortunately in burgerland white nationalists care more about niggerball than the humanities and sciences
>>
File: Screenshot_20170812-193122.png (128KB, 1080x1451px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170812-193122.png
128KB, 1080x1451px
>>137265462
It means white skin faggot. I would love to keep each white race separate but it will never happen. I can feel the potato from my Irish blood.
>>
>>137267100
I'm just running the theory through here to see if anyone finds any logical holes or inconsistencies before I apply it in real life.
>>
>>137264199
>Hello /pol/

sage?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170812-193215.png (99KB, 1080x1421px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170812-193215.png
99KB, 1080x1421px
>>137267362
To me, I love all people and I accept that so do white women. My problem is the extent at which we take immigrants.
My problem is that we are taught to hate whites
My problem is Jews are the elite but whites are thought to be the elite
My problem is white america is carrying much of brown america on it's shoulders
My problem is brown people dont come for the way whites dance, rather the way they get taxed
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.