[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Americans Drinking More Alcohol Than Ever

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: alcohol.jpg (21KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol.jpg
21KB, 450x337px
https://youtu.be/u78hkuY1w6A

Is racial strife to blame?

The increases were seen from the years 2001-2002 to 2012-2013 in a number of demographics. In fact, the greatest increases in alcohol use were women, minorities, older adults, and people of lower socioeconomic status. The authors point out that while the public conversation has largely been on opioids and pot in recent years, alcohol use and abuse have been quietly rising.

The new study, published this week in the JAMA Psychiatry, looked at data from almost 80,000 participants taking part in two large-scale studies in the U.S. Participants were interviewed face-to-face and asked about their daily drinking habits. The researchers were interested in their alcohol use over a 12-month period, high-risk drinking (four or more drinks for women and five or more drinks for men on at least one day of the week), and AUD as defined by the DSM-IV, the “bible” of mental health disorders.

Almost all kinds of drinking across all demographics rose between the two time points, and some rose sharply.
Alcohol use rose from 65% to 73% of the adult population, which is about an 11% increase. The increase was much higher for minorities, women, seniors, and people with less education and income.

High-risk drinking rose from about 10% to 13% of the population, or an almost 30% increase. In minorities, women, and older people, the numbers were considerably higher.

People who were identified as having alcohol use disorder (AUD) increased from 9% to 13% of the population, an increase of almost 50%. For women, the increase in AUD was 84%, for Hispanic and African-American individuals it was 52% and 94%, respectively. And for older people, the increase was a whopping 105%.
>>
http://archive.is/SXstf
>>
>>137201865
bump
>>
I only drink a pint of vodka a week now. Used to be a whole bottle. I think I have FAS. Feels bad.
>>
the main thing to blame is the fact that we have more citizens of Mexican and central American ancestry than ever and they all drink like fishes pregnant or not
>>
we have no culture and are forced to be ashamed of our history. why would anyone be shocked that some have decided to drink the pain of being american away? then you have the commies, that truly believe they should have equal rewards for doing nothing other than getting fucked up. america is doomed and will only go further down the toilet unless real americans fight for it.
>>
>>137201865
Alcohol use in men came from the stress of single handedly carrying themselves with the amount of debt the banks fuck us over with in the usa, and witnessing firsthand the disintegration of our society. Back in the day youd deposit your moiney into an account that actually promoted growth, and now they give you jack shit while lending out high apr loans to unqualified fucks who are borderline homeless (1 paycheck away from not making rent or thr mortage) and that fucks the value of everything because now everyone has credit. Im doing alright in Hawaii, pretty high cost of living and my bills are around 4.5k with 8-900 left over to save for a vacation or rainy days. I drink 500ml vodka daily on my time off to numb myself to the fact that i am an indentured servant to the fucking jews. I still make time to brush up on my marksmanship and play/hike with my dogs (lab and ger-shep) and larp as a norko operative on pol when im fucked up in the morning after drinking. Women here are fucking loose whores or just plai. Yolo yoga free spirit faggots.

Alcohol use in women skyrocketed because the yolo degenerate life thats being promoted makes their morals degrade and they realize theyre gonna hit the wall soon and they cant fucking handle the fact that theyre 29 and they havent met the rich gem in their life that they were taught was gonna hapoen if you just lounge at the beach and paul walker or jason momoa will fuck your brains out and take you away from your shit ass fucking state of being when you work at sportsbars in waikiki while in debt because of your awesome stem degree and renting a room for 900 a month.

Fuck.
>>
I want to quit booze but there really isn't anything I see stepping in to take its place.
>>
>>137204147
Have you tried marijuana? It worked for me.
>>
>>137205707
I need less substances to abuse, not more.
>>
>>137206277
Alcohol makes you far less sick.
>>
>>137206559
Weed*
>>
File: 1501535349373.png (354KB, 2139x2207px) Image search: [Google]
1501535349373.png
354KB, 2139x2207px
>>137201865
>Is racial strife to blame?
Partially.
The other part is the US is a corrupt hollow shell of the form great nation it once was.
There is such a huge disconnect between the average american citizen and the federal government it's insane. Restore local governments, give people a say in their own destiny again.
America is in a bad relationship, it needs to break up.
People grow apart, it's natural.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.