[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dawkins right, \pol\?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

>In your new book’s introduction you allude to Donald Trump’s election, and say that now “more than ever, reason needs to take center stage.” What would you say to Trump if you had his ear? Do you think you could reason with him?

>Mr. Trump, you appear to be laboring under the delusion that you have the necessary qualifications to be president. The manifest failure of almost everything you have attempted during your first six months, coupled with the anarchic chaos that pervades your White House, should give you pause—or would give pause to any person of normal sensitivity.

>What advice would I give? Get your news, not from FOX but from all the sources available to a president, many of them not available to the rest of us. Announce your decisions after due consideration and consultation, not impulsively on Twitter. Cultivate common good manners when dealing with people. Do not be misled by the crowds that cheer your boorish rudeness: they are a minority of the American people.

>Listen to experts better qualified than you are. Especially scientists. Be guided by evidence and reason, not gut feeling. By far the best way to assess evidence is the scientific method. Indeed, it is the only way if we interpret “scientific” broadly. In particular—since the matter is so urgent and it may already be too late—listen to scientists when they tell you about the looming catastrophe of climate change.

>No I don’t think I could reason with Trump. Why would I succeed where so many have failed?

SOURCE: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/richard-dawkins-offers-advice-for-donald-trump-and-other-wisdom/
>>
>>137178559

The white race is dying.
>>
>>137178559
Trump needs to continue his trend with hiring tried and true generals. We need military efficiency and true patriots, not jew-subverted ((politicians)) leading this country.
>>
>>137178559
why does he care, according to him we are a bunch of dust that evolved and stupid enough to believe in supreme beings. To him there is no differenc ebetween Trump, Obama or a potato
>>
>>137178559
>Implying there are qualifications besides natural born citizen and age 35
Literally anyone could be President, all you have to do is have good advisors and know if your advisors are bullshitting.
>>
>>137178559
>necessary qualifications to be president

Trump is over 35
Trump is a US citizen
Trump was voted into office in a national election through the electoral college

If you think he's a shit president, that's your opinion, but I'm sick of the "not qualified" garbage.
>>
>>137179106
>having military tier retards own important political positions is a good thing
Top fricking kek
>>
>>137179563
>belgium
>having any idea what it means to serve one's country

topkek
>>
>>137178559
Richard Dawkins is a faggot who believes humans are the main cause of Climate Change. When he talks of evolution I listen, when he talks of anything else I take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>137179716
Did you serve in the military?
Hm, I thought so.
It's the way of the poors, the uneducated, meatheads, and others.
If you think you're defending "muh phreedomz" by fighting in Afghanistan or whatever middle east shithole, you're delusional.
>>
>>137180294
I serve in fire and EMS and they function similarly. The American military exists for it's gestalt and associated deterrence and domination. There is tons of corruption in the current wars but they also serve the Machiavellian purpose of keeping our military forces practiced and our equipment and doctrine current.

I don't believe they defend arbitrary phrases, I believe their contribution keeps this country's military superior to others.
>>
>>137180294
:^)
>>137178559
:^)
>>
>>137180850
>>137182549
But do you think it's humane to kill innocents to justify upgrading your military equipment that is already deadly enough?
>inb4 mudslimes are not humans
If you say something like that I'll asssume you're retarded.
>>
>>137182913
I realize this is an easy thing to say, but humane is extremely arbitrary.

On another note, things could always be more deadly or efficient. Particularly in the face of several large and potentially extremely powerful nations developing, IE India, Russia, China.

Lets assume this scenario: even without US intervention, religious wars, oil wars, drug wars, and openness to foreign intervention will claim tons of lives in the various regions in which we deploy. People will die anyways. It is going to be a mathematical constant. The Iraq war was a sham and a war for the petrodollar (US strength) and also for Israel. The Afghanistan war is a war for opium and for geopolitical convenience as that region is both in the sights of Russia AND China. And, if not us, another aggressor such as Russia (historically) or China may take over such a role, and that would diminish the US's already precarious role in geopolitics.

I don't claim that the country in which I live is moral in its foreign policy. I simply understand that if it wants to stay on top, it needs to be extremely machiavellian, particularly in this day and age of domestic faltering and foreign empowerment.
>>
>>137182913
As a follow up as I see you have not responded since I last wrote my last post, and I mean this with no condescension, you may want to look into geopolitics, starting around 1720 or so with the rise of Prussia and the very seriously economically driven wars between Spain, France, England, and the Netherlands. With a solid understanding of trade and geopolitics one might understand why the US acts as it does. I do not claim it to be right.
>>
Dawkins is a retard when it comes to politics. The left hates him because of his views on Islam, but he seems to be under the impression that the only people who have ever attacked him are religious conservatives. He absolutely refuses to speak out against the regressive left.
>>
>>137180850

>jews get the spoils and their armies get experience

yes Jamal, you goym are heroes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.