[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUAM EMERGENCY

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 15

File: CoA.jpg (12KB, 255x360px) Image search: [Google]
CoA.jpg
12KB, 255x360px
Some of you may be wondering why North Korea would send 4 of their best (operational) ICBM's just as a threat to Guam. The Hwasong-12 missiles are set to land 30-40km off the coast of Guam within the next 3-4 days, speculation has begun that they may be launched from submarines. Why 4 missiles? Each ICBM is very expensive to build and launch. Just to warn USA, NK would stand to lose 4 key ICBM's that frankly, they need more than ever in their relatively tiny arsenal. The reason as many of you have probably figured out - is because they plan to hit Guam with at least one of them making it past defense systems and wiping out the huge US base. Note: NK is aware that is HIGHLY likely USA will strike them within seconds of detecting the launch, and thus the narrative unfolds: NK calls out to China pointing out that USA has begun striking them even though their ICBM's will land near Guam (which they aren't planned to do), China steps in to help against USA - suddenly USA lost one of their closest military bases to NK and China.
>>
>>137148039
B2
>>
If I were Kim, I would take a look at the city and nation and system my family had built against global resistance, sabotage, sanctions and propaganda and I would resolve to not leave a single thing of value to the enemy. I would bait the enemy into a full ground invasion. I'd hope to have 500,000 coalition troops storm my greatest city and when they all got there I'd blow my city my people and half a million enemy troops to nuclear smithereens. My bombs never need to launch at all. Survivors would have mutant children and the land would be toxic for a thousand years by my murder-suicide of the whole damn thing.
>>
>>137148039
Yup, China is using NK to threaten US assets which are a threat to itself.
>>
File: gulf_war_stats.png (24KB, 359x530px) Image search: [Google]
gulf_war_stats.png
24KB, 359x530px
>>137150138
>implying that any troops would be sent on the ground before the city is completely blown up by coalition airstrikes
pic related
>>
>>137150138
Suicidal plan is one of Kim's options. Removing imperialists is the greatest collective dream of their nation.
>>
>>137148039

If NK and China are smart, they could probably play the communist card and get the leftie protestors on their side during the war.

It's clever.
>>
>>137151107
possibly
>>
>>137148039
>Why 4 missiles? Each ICBM is very expensive to build and launch. Just to warn USA, NK would stand to lose 4 key ICBM's that frankly, they need more than ever in their relatively tiny arsenal.
>im gunna throw them in the ocean then

>NK calls out to China pointing out that USA has begun striking them even though their ICBM's will land near Guam

>China steps in to help against USA

What is the time frame of that? How long does it take their missles to reach guam?

:NK fires missles towards guam

USA immediately starts attacking? Or intercepts them all? Maybe some get by?
How long do they wait to attack?

While the missles are traveling and some are scrambling to intercept them and take them down, US is sending troops, sending bombers?

NK is on the phone with china who are both watching this all go down,

:Trust us China, the missles are going to hit the water near guam, Look at the US mobilizing, they are going to strike us first!

China - well I guess due to our conditional promise, we must wait to see if your missles hit the water or if they hit guam to know whos side we are on.

America does or does not intercept all the missles.

While mobilizing to do what
>>
>>137153097
>How long does it take their missles to reach guam?
15 minutes, they will be struck within the first 5 minutes before the ICBM's can land anywhere.
China plans to help NK regardless, don't trust their state run media saying they will be neutral is NK strikes first.
>>
>>137153547
the reason is because China can NOT have a US ally on their border, they will fight for that + no refugees.
>>
>wait til all four land in the sea
>blow up a 5th the world doesn't know we have
>World believes NK struck first
>China neutral, Russia doesn't want to know
>Invade NK
>>
>>137153547
>>137154151
theres no way Kim can actually care about remaining in power and keeping his country as it is and claim to plan to and want to fire missiles 'anywhere near guam' and then further more do it
>>
>>137154801
oh boy, you are in for a shock
He knows China will help him greatly when SHTF.
>>
>>137150691
Pretty much. As soon as they made their statement regarding an American first strike it was obvious for all to see, though anyone who did some research would know that the Chinese have been arming the Norks for years. The North Koreans have made incredibly fast progress despite being cut off from the entire world. They can't educate scientists in Western universities, they can't purchase any advanced equipment or raw materials, and their foreign currency supplies are completely choked off.

Except for China.

Virtually all of their trade is with China. Their scientists can attend university in China, they can order whatever computers and electronics they could ever desire from China, and any raw materials or even complete systems they need they can get straight from Chinese factories. For example, the TELs for their solid fuel IRBMs displayed in their recent parade were made new in Chinese factories.

It's all China and anyone saying that we need to pressure the Chinese is a fool. The Chinese have absolutely no intention of reigning Kim in or aiding us in any way. They want the US out of the Pacific, and they know that the US is not in a position to fight them. If the Chinese become active combatants the US will be forced to withdraw.
>>
>>137155689
Correct, NK is here today to serve as China's rogue tool to remove USA from the region.
>>
>>137154941
thats my point, he has no reason to want s to h the f.

First of all, there is no proof that any of these desires have came from Kim.

2nd, it is known Us wants some action, that is the first and strongest motivation in all this.

The biggest thing is we dont, and maybe Kim doesnt even know, what his plans are, what his intentions are.

Its so simple. Either he will (sometime in the next 50 or more years) attack another country at all, or he will not.

Either he will sell weapons/nukes to another country or not.

US ultimately needs that answer to be infinitely absolutely not.

Kim has overwhelming evidence that he can not trust the Us.

Both parties are imperfect. Both parties potentially have ulterior motives with impure desires for the other.

The time frame of it all though.

'hmm, ok, how about now I will send some (wait... waste?? a large fraction of, maybe all of his nuclear weapons, by dumping them into the water?) of my nukes into the water, close to a US base, because...' because???? because I want.... I want what to happen?
>>
>>137155689
So you are saying China literally actually wants an extreme war to occur and to confront US for real? Like many troops many ships, many planes, many bombs, many cities? China actually wants that? And they are using NK as a pawn to put US queen/king in check?
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 320x219px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 320x219px
>>137156314

>putting a queen in check
>>
>>137156721
I am certain you did not get what I meant
*queen, under attack*
now can you answer?

The poster I was responding to thinks all of this is about China using NK as bait, using NK to put the ball in US court?

But what does China want? Does China want regime change and for NK to be democratic? Does China want to have its own people take over the country and run it? Does China want to share it with US if China goads US into taking it over because China couldnt take it over themself?

Is NK in on it all and this is all just friendly theatrical bants for news and stock cycles?

Does China care if NK develops more and more nukes? Can China be certain NK will never use a nuke or do they care? Does China care if NK sells nukes to Iran or terrorists?
>>
>>137155689
> If the Chinese become active combatants the US will be forced to withdraw.
The US cannot defeat China, nor can China defeat the US. So guessing that the US will run scared at the mere mention of China is not a smart move. Perhaps the US decided to give nukes to Taiwan? It's just too risky for that to be the game China is playing.
>>
>>137156314
No. Follow the logic.

1. NK fires a salvo at international waters as close to Guam as they can manage.
2. US detects the launch, and tracks with radar.
3. US has less than 15 minutes to react. If they wait until they are `00% certain of the target they won't have the time to shoot them down.
4. US has to assume missiles are hostile warshot aimed at Guam, shoots them down.
5. Since the missiles were shot down before hitting the intended target of international waters, NK can't prove they weren't warshot intended for Guam.
6. US is now forced to strike NK in retaliation using conventional weapons on the launch facilities.
7. China says they intend to defend NK, move troops to Yalu river, say anyone coming within range of their islands will be fired upon.
8. US can't fight NK and China.
9. US forced to back down.

China doesn't actually end up going to war with US, but achieve their goals as the US is not willing to fight a massive brutal war over zero US casualties.
>>
The problem is that for the past 40 years, the US has been very predictable. That has changed now. Trump is the exact opposite. Not only is he not backing down, he's escalating things.
>>
>>137150138
>>137150138

He would truly be an hero if he pulled that off
>>
File: guacnotwar.jpg (7KB, 236x261px) Image search: [Google]
guacnotwar.jpg
7KB, 236x261px
>>137148039

Sauce? Of course not.

You're retarded LARP is close, but not quite. The Norks were threatening that they could hit Guam, but they won't. They won't send subs to launch, they won't fire their missile from the DPRK to Guam. None of this will happen.

At best, they'll launch some bullshit short or medium range missiles as a test into the East Sea/Sea of Japan. That's it.

Anything higher escalation will result in USAF/ROKAF air strikes on the DPRK. That puts the DPRK guv in regime change damage control.

Screencap this...it'll be de-escalated by early next week. No Nork missiles are going to land 30-40 km off the coast of Guam. Ain't. Going. To. Happen.

USFK & ROK military on heightened status but nothing approaching what would be required if those Nork subs (which are barely blue water subs) were out of port and steaming towards Guam. Screencap this. Ain't gonna happen.
>>
>>137157651
Well China and US cant really go to war anyway because they have nukes right?

Or what before the war "we both promise to not use nukes right? ok deal"

If not that, "ok, the war begins.....now" how many nukes go up?
>>
>>137148039
THE USA WOULD INTERCEPT THOSE ICBMS AND DESTROY THEM, WHILE LAUNCHING A GORILLION TOMAHAWKS AT NK MILITARY TARGETS. LOW COLLATERAL DAMAGE.
THE WORLD MARVELS AT OUR RESTRAINT AND STANDS BEHIND USA.
NK FORCED TO BOW THEIR HEADS AND SERVE THE IMPERIALS.

GAME OVER.
>>
>>137157748
ok, and then, rinse and repeat next week?
>>
>>137158307
I thought they didnt need subs to fire missles that can reach guam, I thought they could do it from their land?

anon a few posts above you is saying if they fire missles in that direction
'At best, they'll launch some bullshit short or medium range missiles as a test into the East Sea/Sea of Japan.'
after making the threat about guam US will not have time to wait and see if they are actual legit hit shots or not.
>>
>>137157862
>Not only is he not backing down, he's escalating things.
My man.
>>
File: 1501860306849.png (284KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501860306849.png
284KB, 400x400px
I just want the war to happen to see US black projects in action...
They hype it up as some Sci-Fi shit if that's actually true I wanna see it desu
>>
>>137148039
here's the real redpill

they've been building these missiles since 2009 and have a stockpile of several hundred nuclear tipped ICBMs ready to go.
>>
>>137159275
>I thought they didnt need subs to fire missles that can reach guam, I thought they could do it from their land?

They could reach Guam but they won't launch. That would be suicidal and result in regime change. They most definitely don't want that. Also, firing an ICBM from the DPRK would require either a space-bound trajectory or firing it directly over the Japanese mainland. They most definitely won't do this either. It's all hyped up nonsense and military posturing mostly for a) internal DPRK consumption that keeps the people and military distracted and b) to extract concessions from the PRC, ROK, the US, and Japan
>>
>>137158711
Perhaps. China isn't going away, and is building a blue water navy. They want to push back American influence. The US would not be able to operate their navy in the South China Sea and the US would lose influence in South Korea and Japan since it will have been shown that when push comes to shove they will not risk conflict with China.

Likely South Korea and Japan would be the next targets of North Korean missile threats. If the US is no longer a credible shield against the North, what choice do SK and Japan have but to cave to demands?

Don't misunderstand me, I think the US would come out on top of a hot conflict with China. But if you run the numbers on such a conflict, it's not possible to sell such a conflict to the US people without a lot of dead US citizens. For instance, if NK were to ACTUALLY nuke Guam, and China backed up NK, then China is gonna get hit. But without any actual US casualties, nobody is going to support the idea of a war on a scale that hasn't been seen since WW2.
>>
>>137160151
USA WOULD WIN BIGLY
>>
>>137160151
ANOTHER ANCILLARY BENEFIT OF A WAR WITH CHINA IS THAT THE USA COULD WRITE OFF ALL THE CHINESE OWNED DEBT WE HAVE,.,
>>
>>137157862
yep calling up ahead of time to warn ruskies & syrians that their airfield is about to be bombed is so not backing down and escalating things faggot.
>>
>>137148039
>China steps in to help against USA
>being this naive
>>
>>137160151
M8 if NK nukes Guam with Chinese support the US is gonna go full on DEFCON 1
>>
>>137148039
I think this is more the norks being way overconfident in their ability, wanting to hit guam and then rapidly attack japan with shock troops north of okinawa, cutting off both south korea and US supplies in the region, because the norks have around 60 submarines this isnt a retarded plan, its just not going to work
>>
>>137148039
I still think there will be an attempt to shoot down any missiles headed towards Guam, giving the US claim they they were attacked. China can use this to avoid war.

Followed by a shock and awe strike that will devastate the entire border region within hours. Think both Gulf War initial strikes put together.
>>
>>137161718
THATS WHAT I SAID ALREADY
>>
>>137160043
but that aside, the US wants change. The US wants Absolute Guarantee NK will never attack another nation (black kettle aside) or sell weapons/nukes to another nation.

Are such things possible? Must it be taken on trusty word, that when NK says things like (do they really?) 'we are gonna attack here, we are gonna nuke here', they are and will always be just kidding around?

They purely want nukes purely for self defense?

can they make more and more and more? They '''''promise'''''' they will not sell any?
>>
>>137150138
That's the trick, Kim can "win" by just planting nukes on his side of the DMZ and in some fishing ships going towards Japan and then blow up and irradiate the whole area.

Seriously damaging South Korea and Japan then releasing millions of refugees into the world would do more damage than any proper war they could fight.
>>
File: IMG_1356.jpg (121KB, 944x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1356.jpg
121KB, 944x1440px
US detonates a nuke on Guam

False flag

NK glassed

>mfw
>>
>>137148039
The real fight with china will come during the land grab after north korea eventually falls
>>
>>137148039
China are just capitalists. They provide what there is a demand for.

Murifats just need to stop domestic interference and "muh stop liking what I don't like".

Fuck off crackers die already
>>
>>137160151
>The US would not be able to operate their navy in the South China Sea and the US would lose influence in South Korea and Japan

So China makes blue water navy, then they sail their ships in south china sea, and say 'this land is closer to our home than it is yours, go away', and US must go away then?

US says, but our allies SK ad japan say we can be here?

And China says?
>>
>>137148039
Okay, I've seen just about enough of this fucking North Korea Missile Crisis bullshit.

Just this year, the United states increased its deployment of the THAAD Missile defense system, and PUBLICALLY ANNOUNCED that they successfully were able to intercept an ICBM. This apparently has gone down the memory hole so that we can get some fearmongering going on. It's a distraction, and we aren't in any danger.

Why would the USA openly admit to the final solution for the Nuclear Missile problem was in their arsenal and it worked unless either they are bluffing like shit or know that we have the only one that actually consistently works. This completely changes the game of MAD, and it freaks the hell out of other Nuclear Powers. I don't know if Kim has caught on yet, but it's likely he has.

Basically, imagine a Mexican Standoff. You square up with the Bad Hombre, and you say "Draw."

However, the whole time, you've got some fucking science-fiction magic shield on your belt switched on. You point your gun at your foe but do not pull the trigger -- you want him to make the mistake. One of two things happen: either he notices that this is not going to work and he does not fire but keeps his gun loaded to protect against the other non-magic-shielded people, or he fucks up and empties his weapon at you, having the bullets harmlessly bouncing off, leaving him unarmed and you with a loaded gun.

This completely changes the negotiation table, because MAD was designed to make everyone equal, we couldn't bully other nuclear powers around because of the obvious. However, those rules specifically do not apply to us anymore -- a massive change in the geopolitical paradigm that nobody seems to be fucking noticing.

Kim may fire his missiles. If he does, we will simply shoot them down, but not retaliate with nuclear weapons, because at that point, we now own the world. At that point, everyone sees they can't touch us. And that's the point our global empire is realized.
>>
>>137148039
Wouldn't it cause a huge tsunami that wipes Guam out? Plus it could be a ruse so they relocate their forces while he attacks Tokyo and Seoul.
>>
>>137158608
sayonara japan senpai
>>
>>137150704

Iraq had no mass destruction weapons you idiot
>>
>>137162789
missile defense systems are memes
>>
>>137161688
>I think this is more the norks being way overconfident in their ability, wanting to hit guam and then rapidly attack japan with shock troops north of okinawa, cutting off both south korea and US supplies in the region, because the norks have around 60 submarines this isnt a retarded plan, its just not going to work

The Norks would never be able to get enough shock troops to Okinawa in their shitty subs. Okinawa literally has tens of thousands of US Marines and other personnel stationed there. Norks would have to navigate all that way unseen, undetected. Wouldn't happen. The ROK, JDF, and USN would sink them before they even approached Japanese waters in any force. Their subs are diesel-electrics Cold War era 1960/1970s tech. The best their subs have been able to do was accidentally get beached on the the ROK East coast in the mid 1990s.

I understand you guys may be running war-game scenarios and what-ifs, but just be aware that that's what it is and not going to actually happen. The #1 priority of the DPRK regime is regime integrity and internal stability. That's probably also priorities #2 ~ 9 with #10 being territorial integrity and protecting their borders from outsiders.
>>
>>137161688
it is a retarded plan because they are fine without attacking anyone, just keeping to themselves.

>>137160151
a big part of this I dont think we can forget is the sanctions against NK.
>>
>>137153547
Never trust China, ever, period.
>>
Kim Joung will be found wearing a burka in a casino in Macau next year after disappearing during the missile strikes. He will be paraded back to NK and given the death penalty.
>>
>>137161688
diesel electric subs are quieter than nuclear subs, and they seem to vastly overestimate their shock troops capabilities, because mate they arent taking japan
>>
>>137163479
this (you) was meant for>>137163108
>>
>>137162160
>but that aside, the US wants change. The US wants Absolute Guarantee NK will never attack another nation (black kettle aside) or sell weapons/nukes to another nation.
>Are such things possible? Must it be taken on trusty word, that when NK says things like (do they really?) 'we are gonna attack here, we are gonna nuke here', they are and will always be just kidding around?
>They purely want nukes purely for self defense?
>can they make more and more and more? They '''''promise'''''' they will not sell any?

The US wants a change but they're stuck with this regime for the time being. I'm sure there are plans in the works with ROK government for replacements. The DPRK won't attack other states except isolated islands of the ROK. Part of this is because officially they do not recognize the ROK government but also unofficially because they are continually trying to squeeze financial concessions from the ROK and also probable retaliation for ROK infiltration/espionage into the DPRK.
>>
>>137163108
But does Kim know that? Do his generals? its completely possible that the military higher-ups don't actually know what they're doing and are only in their positions due to family and bribery
>>
>>137161718
the question is if NK knows that this is a possibility, why should they not, why would they go through with missles towards guam?

I wonder what percent chance Kim thinks the US would actually try to take him over, wants to.

Over the next 2 years lets say. Regardless of what he does. What percent chance if he does nothing. What percent chance if he keeps testing missiles. What percent chance if he sends missiles 100 miles off coast of guam. What percent chance if he sends them 50 miles of the coast. etc.

How many scenarios in relations to his actions does he think results in over 70% chance of US attempting a take over. How close he wants to push to that edge for what reasons.

What percent chance he actually wants to attempt to fight US. What percent types of fighting the US would attempt (what kind of bombing).
>>
>>137161298
NK is not going to nuke Guam. They may fire missiles without warheads just outside the maritime boundary. The US will shoot them down, claiming that they intended to hit Guam. China will defend NK, saying they did not intend to hit Guam. Since the missiles were shot down, no one will be able to disprove the other.

Instead of merely getting into a shooting war with North Korea (which would suck), now the US would be facing a shooting war with North Korea and China (which would be devastating). And for what? Some missiles that didn't actually end up hurting anyone? And thus the US, being a democratic society with an unpopular president, would rationally decide to avoid war.

The US would avoid war by negotiating some kind of agreement that would include the withdrawal of much of their military forces from the region in exchange for some bullshit commitment by North Korea to disarm (which they would never even try to respect, given that would invalidate their use to China).

China wins.

If the US had maintained a military of relative power to that of the post Gulf War 1 military (specifically a 500 ship navy), China wouldn't dare risk it. The US has downsized their military power for social programs, and has crippled their military with social engineering. Being pushed back is the inevitable result.
>>
>>137163107
So you believe we are bluffing? I considered that -- but realized that if we were, other Nuclear powers would find out via intelligence operations real quick, removing any leverage such a bluff would gain in the grand chess board.

We were doing missile interception calculations in Calc 3 years ago when I was in college. I'm willing to bet they came to fruition a long time before that, and now we're stating openly that we've got the only one that works, forcing other countries to be open about their missile defense systems in order to get back in to the MAD-esque (Non Mutually Assured Destruction? Mutually Assured Destruction of Weapons Only?) sense in order to keep us from throwing our nuts around.
>>
>>137162392
But how close is he to wanting to give up his way of life and why?

(or you are saying thats his dead mans switch)
>>
>>137163479
>diesel electric subs are quieter than nuclear subs

Perhaps and they are also restricted re: range. My point re: the Nork subs were that they were old tech, very old. Until the 1990s, they sometimes were used for infiltrating Nork spies into the ROK, but the ROK military and USFK have pretty much stopped that. Most Nork spies now would come thru posing as defectors by raft or via China.
>>
>>137148039
>suddenly USA lost one of their closest military bases to NK and China.
Hello retard, we have bases in SK and Japan.
>>
>>137162763
>And China says?
China says "we have lots of perfectly capable anti-ship cruise missiles and we will fire them at you in salvos you cannot 100% intercept". But that is the scenario in which the US and China are engaged in a hot conflict, and I do not think that scenario is likely as the US takes unacceptable losses in that scenario.
>>
>>137164004
>NK is not going to nuke Guam. They may fire missiles without warheads just outside the maritime boundary. The US will shoot them down, claiming that they intended to hit Guam.

The US would respond immediately, do you really think someone like Trump wouldn't send a missile back at them, also China has already said if NK attacks first then they'll stand down
>>
>>137164019
I wouldn't say that they're a bluff, more like they're not a true shield, rather heavy attrition on a strike. Sure maybe if Kim launched three missiles at the US we'd be fine but a major assault from another power or a short-range strike, I don't believe we "safe" like the term "shield" implies.
>>
NK and America are working together to distract from how shit both their countries currently are
>>
>>137163251
>a big part of this I dont think we can forget is the sanctions against NK.

If North Korea is China's pawn in a larger game, the sanctions don't really matter because virtually all of North Korea's external trade is with China, who have been ignoring the sanctions anyway. I mean, does anyone think trucks crossing the China/North Korea border are being inspected?
>>
>>137163792
>But does Kim know that? Do his generals? its completely possible that the military higher-ups don't actually know what they're doing and are only in their positions due to family and bribery

The higher ups know that they live in a shit-tier country and their neighbors are all booming. They are probably a combination of scared shitless yes-men, hardline family loyalists, and warlords-in-waiting. The PRC and probably Russians would be filling in them as well as to the reality of their situation.

On a slight side note, the current president of the ROK is a lefty-type and had put a temp hold on further installing the THAADs in the ROK. He also was putting a hold on a major Naval Base on the south coast of Jeju Island. I believe now the THAAD installs are back on. Not sure about the naval base in Seoguipo, Jeju Island.
>>
>>137150138
Did someone say rapefugees?
>>
File: My Eyes Have Been Opened.gif (467KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
My Eyes Have Been Opened.gif
467KB, 500x250px
>>137164835
my eyes have been opened
>>
File: George Carlin.jpg (20KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
George Carlin.jpg
20KB, 480x300px
>>137164835
THis
>>
>>137157748
>US sint going to war
>all 3 branches of government are red and most state and mubcuples are red too
If anything it will be just bombing campaigns unless Trump does have the balls to pull out nukes
>>
>>137164634
>The US would respond immediately
The US is not going to launch ICBMs in trajectories that could threaten Russia. That's the apocalypse. If the US were to use nukes, they will only use air-launched cruise missiles or gravity bombs. None of which are 'immediate'. I also think that if nukes were used it is unlikely that anything larger than a B61 on a low yield would be used, given the potential for fallout. And if you're going to use such a device your mission profile is very similar to that of conventional weapons, making the use of nukes purely symbolic. And then you'd be symbolically nuking a country that did not actually inflict casualties. I don't think it's politically viable.

>China has already said if NK attacks first then they'll stand down

China would claim it wasn't an attack, but that the missiles were aimed at international waters. The actual missiles are in tiny fragments at the bottom of the ocean and nobody can prove otherwise.
>>
File: freemason kim.jpg (477KB, 3500x1968px) Image search: [Google]
freemason kim.jpg
477KB, 3500x1968px
>>137163889
kek.

It's all so simple.

Kim is a freemason CIA puppet.
USA WANTS war with NK, but in a way that makes it seem as if NK is the aggressor, so they can topple his regime (at the cost of millions of South Korean allies) and finally establish an american colony right on China's border.

Their acquisition of massive amounts of oil in the middle east leading up to this is indicative of preparation of war. They want China to slip up, so they can defeat them in war and eliminate their debt. Additionally, America simply doesn't have the money to influence other nations anymore compared to China, as seen with the Philippines.

China does NOT want war at all costs. They have a large export based economy and globalism benefits them much more when America is healthy. America is baiting them by putting their military right on China's border.

NK is ISIS on a larger scale

WW3 is one of the best options for US economy, rather than let their influence on global politics slip away.
>>
File: Eh nigga.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Eh nigga.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>137166128
r u retorted?
>>
>>137164365
So US says, south china sea is yours, and then how does this effect US presence in SK and japan though?

They stay there, but simply cant have navy around there often? Or china presses them to leak presence there?
>>
Christ people here are so pathetically desperate for a happening that it's just sad. If Kim really does decide to launch missiles near Guam, it's not to start an unwinnable war, it's to try and get America to fuck up critically. Those THAADs we have in Guam are sure as fuck not 100% accuracy as far as stopping enemy missiles, can you imagine the global embarrassment that could easily be spun if we went in hard on shooting down the incoming ballistics, and we not only miss, but they harmlessly fall into the ocean like the Norks claimed they would? That's a solid decade of propaganda for NK to scream about.

This entire thing is just a big game of chess, and it sounds like a lot of people here think the best way to win a game a chess is to flip the fucking board and punch the other player in the face.
>>
>>137164004
how high do you think NKs potential to trade nukes to terrorists is, as I have heard that said before as one of the reasons for tension and concern?
>>
>>137166521
Again, the hot conflict scenario is not likely. The end result is that all open conflict is avoided by a negotiated settlement that involves an agreement where US forces withdraw and NK promises to denuclearize. The US withdraws, the NK starts playing fuck-fuck games with inspectors while China expands its bases and navy.

If I'm right and North Korea is a puppet acting on behalf of China, how do you see the US actually coming out the victor here?
>>
>>137165969
>China would claim it wasn't an attack, but that the missiles were aimed at international waters. The actual missiles are in tiny fragments at the bottom of the ocean and nobody can prove otherwise.

So you are saying here, US is itching for an excuse to take out NK, and NK is purely for fun, purely due to naivete, (partially due to china telling them to, that its ok, nothing bad will happen?) taunting US?

That missle was 100 miles from your shore, you cant do anything . That missle was 90 miles from your shore, you cant do anything, heheeh. That missle was 85 miles from your shore, you cant do anything, hehehehe.

America wants to do something.
NK does not want anything to happen.
China is fine any way? But what would they most desire and prefer
>>
>>137166497
dumbass Aussie
>>
>>137167569
>America wants to do something.
Do what? How do you think the US wins here? Every option is awful and results in only losses.
>>
>>137166128
Enough of this larping you fucking nigger.
>>
>>137155689
The Chinese tested their tactical nukes under the guise of NK tests, which they threatened to use on US carriers, it's an open secret at this point. We can expect these weapons or similar to be in the hands of Pakistan and Iran.
>>
>>137157748
The Chinese aren't a naval or air threat to even the French, much less the US. In a conventional conflict they would be severely embarrassed in the South China Sea, on all of their islands, and in all points of interest in the area. They could invade NK and make a subsequent US ground invasion too costly to merit, but that's all.
>>
>>137153097
It will be an immediate response. But it will not be a boots on the ground scenario, build up at the DMZ will definitely happen, but massive airstrike and artillery on Nork bases, known artillery positions and other critical areas will commence first. After that from the states immediate recall of most posts and guard/reserves posts will happen, training and maneuver of troops to the pacific. Those already in combat positions in the ME and Europe will most likely continue their objective as is. That's all i can think of atm, after that is all mostly opinion of what I think will happen
>t. was stationed in Korea, and asked what the most likely scenario would happen
>>
>>137165969
Prompt Global Strike is real. If NK does launch, expect an overwhelming response from the US military the likes of which we haven't seen since Gulf War I. Boeing has brought Quiet Boom from black to white very recently. Expect to see some black triangles doing crazy shit in the near future.
>>
>>137164663
That's a fair statement, actually. However, even if we are able to intercept 75% of a Nuclear Power's arsenal if fired all at once, we'll be in a lot better shape than they end up in, which is completely unarmed.
>>
>>137168266
The Chinese have excellent anti-ship missiles. The US needs to operate via carrier, and those carriers would be at extreme risk. The Chinese also have capable air defense, unlike any opponent the US has faced since Vietnam.

Again, the US would eventually win such a conflict, but the cost would be staggering.
>>
>>137166128
>Kim is a freemason CIA puppet.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>137169429
true, but the shield talk is for Kim not for Putin
>>
>>137148039

China lacks MAD and has too much to lose against the US.

They'll sit out, simply because they'll be destroyed and the US will still be functional afterwards.
>>
>>137167429
>If I'm right and North Korea is a puppet acting on behalf of China, how do you see the US actually coming out the victor here?

I was more interested in what you were saying about china building blue navy, and this threatening US influence with SK and japan. Like what is the time line of China advancing Navy, and then
>The US would not be able to operate their navy in the South China Sea and the US would lose influence in South Korea and Japan

How much influence would they lose, tangibly?

>If I'm right and North Korea is a puppet acting on behalf of China, how do you see the US actually coming out the victor here?

I have asked questions like: is there a real possibility NK will attempt to trade nukes with terrorists? And if so, how much would China care?
>>
>>137168041
America wants to save the oppressed NK people, give them democracy and a central bank, the internet, international companies, capitalism, and wants access to their resources... or do they not? America at least has said it is scared of the possibility of terrorists getting nukes via NK.
>>
>>137157748
>US can't fight NK and China
y not
>>
>>137151107
You don't think Soros is working together with China?
>>
>>137169536
The conventional Chinese anti-ship missiles aren't at all on par with their western counterparts. The only one they have with any chance of being effective is still so inaccurate that it requires the use of a large nuclear warhead to stand a reasonable chance of destroying a carrier.

As soon as China starts launching missiles, there'll be stealth passive anti-radiation missiles heading for every single active radar they have. It would be an extremely disproportionate clusterfuck on their end. Their conventional naval assets would be falling off the map very rapidly, and their island installations would be bombed back into the sea in no time. Their currency would collapse. India would increase their provocations in the disputed regions. Chinese Muslims would suddenly start getting free weapons. Chinese companies would be cut off by western governments. Taiwan would suddenly get sweetheart weapons deals. Pressure would be put on OPEC to cut supply to China. Chinese properties and assets would be frozen in the west. Etc, etc, etc.
>>
>>137171751
>I was more interested in what you were saying about china building blue navy, and this threatening US influence with SK and japan.

If the US backs down from a confrontation with China, then a relationship with the Japanese which is based on protecting them from China is not going to be viable anymore. Ditto with protecting SK from NK. Both SK and Japan will have to make concessions.

>Like what is the time line of China advancing Navy, and then
The Chinese are set to have the worlds second largest surface fleet by 2020. They will rival the US by 2030. The US continues to prioritize socialist spending over military spending.

>How much influence would they lose, tangibly?
Hard to say. Depends on how the negotiations go. Both Japan and SK seem to be in the "peace at any price" camp right now, so if that means kicking out the hated Yankee, they'll probably be OK with it.

>is there a real possibility NK will attempt to trade nukes with terrorists?
You mean is there a real possibility that China will use their puppet NK to trade nukes with terrorists, as this discussion is predicated on the idea that North Korea is not acting independently. Arming terrorists is not something that China has a history of doing, so I doubt it.
>>
>>137150138

They supposedly have statues filled with dynamite all over Pyongyang.

I would not want to be on the ground there.
>>
>>137174364
Pretty sure the DF-21D is a major threat. Hypersonic maneuvering conventional warhead with a 20m CEP.
>>
>>137148039
To be honest, a war with China who be in the US's interest long-term.

>Instantly erase Chinese-held debt
>Nips in the bud a rising superpower
>US could funnel Chinese mil-tech for black-budget projects
>Presents a cheap pool of agricultural, mining, and manufactory resources
>A puppeted China would allow for diplomatic flexiblity

All that aside, the war with North Korea has been carefully orchestrated by a younger faction within the Deep State. The other, aging faction wanted a war with Russia (and still do) to remove Russia as a superpower and to seize the missive wells of oil and rare minerals under Siberia. Even now the Old Faction has special forces in Siberia, looking for possible deposits of Uranium, Thorium, Paladium, among other things. And eventual they will get their way, they are hoping to use a war with NK/CH as a stepping stone into Russia.
Did I mention some of the Old Faction are in their 170s, thanks to a concoction containing >onion essential oil
>ionized paladium
>milkweed latex
>garlic liquid extract
>hempseed oil
>and genetic modification via gene editing involving transplanting telomerase into their DNA, temporarily causing a period of cell stasis

And no, they don't want you to have their elixir of life.
>>
>>137148039
Except for the military bases in S Korea and Japan and Hawaii.
Hmm. Dumb plan.
You sound like a larper.
>>
>>137174502

can the US leverage against China by allowing a strike to hit Guam? then NK loses plausible deniability and the US minimizes casualties overall considering alternatives and Trump gets a moment to lead the world in retaliation including China who now has to show their hand
>>
>>137175743
what would happen with all the chinese-americans chinese in america if war with china occurred?
>>
>>137175743
milkweed latex always gets me going in the morning
>>
>>137176270
If a strike actually hits Guam, and China backs up NK, then a hot war is inevitable. Tens of thousands of dead Americans = no choice but to start stomping motherfuckers. Americans will be howling for revenge, at least at first.

The smart play in such a scenario would be to stay the fuck out of China's waters and fight the Chinese on the ground in North Korea where the US has all the advantages due to nearby air bases in the South, plus the South's extremely capable ground forces.
>>
>>137176617
They'll be interrogated, some will dissappear, and the ones who don't will walk a very careful line while being under regular surveillance, ESPECCIALLY if they have family in China or are a part of pro-chinese groups, or show interest in Chinese nationalism.
>>
>>137177338
Specifically, it's an alcohol extract of milkweed latex under the right amount of pressure.
>>
>>137177464
but during the quick event of a sudden war: NK tries to fire missle into water, accidently hits guam, or as some anons suggested, in some cases America would not be able to risk seeing if it hit, but attempt to intercept it while attempting to retaliate, if China right then and there gets involved, as an anon said, brings troops to border to protect NK, and we have some plan to start bombing and china bombs back, all in this chaos and panic, there are quite a lot of chinese in America. Would they automatically be fully America first, or most civillians in any war scenario are fine with ducking and covering, but I mean, they see on news, America bombing 'insert your chinese home town'
>>
>>137177393

my argument was that an actual strike on Guam would force China on its back foot, as it cannot risk the diplomatic fallout from backing an aggressor against the US - do you see that as more likely than China backing NK?
>>
>>137177933
alcohol, milk, weed, latex, the 4 best things combined to create thee best thing? awesome
>>
>>137168480

Omg it's going to be Dr. Strangelove. LOL. Aardvark with nuke accidentallys WW3
>>
>>137178294
I don't think China wants a unified democratic Korea sharing a border with them. Potentially destabilizing to the regime. They are acting to prevent that. Also fighting the US on the ground in NK might bolster the Chinese regime. Patriotic fervor, etc. And they find a good place to get rid of some of their excess young men.
>>
>>137164004
>implying it's considered acceptable to launch ICBMs at another nation even if there are no warheads

You must be retarded if you think any nation on Earth would take NK's side on this. Even China would look absolutely retarded should they decide to do so.

At that point a massive trade war would erupt and it would go very, very badly for China.

Their only hope is to get massive numbers of Thorium reactors online for clean cheap power. But that will likely take another 15-30 years and possibly more.
>>
>>137178210
there is no accidentally hitting guam
if he hits it then everyone will think that he meant to hit it
>>
File: 1502459441517.jpg (247KB, 998x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1502459441517.jpg
247KB, 998x1111px
>>137178294
There is no strike on Guam. The North Koreans know that any attack on US forces would result in retaliation by every naval and air asset in the region. They would ultimately lose this war, and they are aware of that. If they were going to do anything, it would be a massive strike on all US and South Korean forces followed by a massed ground invasion. Simply attacking Guam with a few missiles would be a terrible way for North Korea to start a war. If anything, they may launch some ICBMs as a test in that general direction, and they may get intercepted. It would probably end at that with heightened tensions in the region.
>>
>>137178210
A majority of them would go through some screen/vetting, but the more concerning ones (mainly those in gov't/DOD) who speak fluent Chinese and English will be under 24 hr surveillance (unknowingly of course).

Most will toe the line, but there's always fringe that will, upon seeing the attacks upon their relatives homes and culture, flip their shit. But that's all taken into consideration.
>>
>>137179213
>Even China would look absolutely retarded should they decide to do so.
China is already looking absolutely retarded by stating on official media that they would defend NK if the US struck first. Why in the name of fuck would they ever defend NK militarily if we were to believe the narrative that they are pissed at KJU?
>>
File: 2453378-kimjongun.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
2453378-kimjongun.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>come to /pol/ for Nork threads
>it's all Charlotteville alt right bullshit

BAMP
>>
File: 1468509084729.png (978KB, 1822x846px) Image search: [Google]
1468509084729.png
978KB, 1822x846px
>>137169536
>and those carriers would be at extreme risk.
STOP
THIS
SHITTY
FUCKING
MEME
>>
>>137148039
If they were actually gonna do it, why would they tell us they were going to do it ahead of time?
>>
File: 1493226885609.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1493226885609.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>137155689
pretty much the Norks are useful idiots for China, doing the things China itself could never get away with without starting WW3?
>>
>>137157748
>US can't fight NK and China.
they could easily
chinas military isn't designed to hold up against a first world nation
>>
>>137155689
China wants a puppet country they can set against the US and keep their hands seemingly clean.
>>
>drumpf has a decent week tnx to north korea

>ruined today by nazis

drumpf cant catch a break
>>
>>137149740
>miss
>>
>>137162789
>norks announce they will soon have missiles capapble of launching a nuke our way
>we tell them we have technology that can intercept and destroy that missile before it gets to us.

yeah, no way we would ever bluff and try to make them think that firing small amounts of nukes at us would work.
>>
>>137179806
Are you actually retarded?

I'm willing to assume China sides with NK in your moronic scenario.

Which is why I stated a massive trade war erupts and guess how many nations would side with China?

Do you think Russia, a fundamentally white Christian nation currently trying to get back to its religious roots, wants to be allied with China? Have you ever met a Russian person? They are the most anti-Chink racists you will ever meet.

Who does that leave? India hates China. So China gets Iran and NK, vs essentially the entire world in a trade war.

If China wants to become a third world shit hole they can go with your "plan." Be my guest.
>>
theres north korean subs in the atlantic. Which North east city is getting hit?
>>
>>137158518
China and India both have nukes, they've had mild conventional flare ups, about to have another. Nuclear exchanges are not the 1st weapon used, unlike what you see in the movies.
>>
>>137180414
This
People need to stop the memeing when it comes to the US military.
We're not out to protect ground and win hearts and minds if we go to war with N Korea or China.
We spend 600 BILLION dollars on the military... EVERY FUCKING YEAR
We have drones, satellites, 11 FLOATING CITIES FOR OUR FUCKING PLANES, Nuclear Bombs, Bombs that act like nuclear bombs but aren't, SA missiles, AS missiles, AA missiles, Anti-Missile missiles, Quad-Fucking-Miniguns, torpedos, anti-torpedo torpedos, rifles than can reach out to almost 2 miles, anti-matieral FUCKING LASERS.
We have a military base in the middle of the New Mexico desert just to come up with crazy shit that we may or may not ever need.
Have you heard of HAARP?
There is no way, in the unholy flying monkeyfuck, that any nation or combination of nations could take the US in unfettered warfare.
>>
>>137159972
Probably most of the components. I'm want to agree because they went from solid fuel engine tests to the H-14 within a few weeks.
>>
File: A FUCKING LEAF.jpg (187KB, 780x480px) Image search: [Google]
A FUCKING LEAF.jpg
187KB, 780x480px
>>137166128
I voted for Trump so that WWIII would not happen you fucking leaf
>>
>>137160719
Honestly might be a plan of Trumps.
>>
>>137179429

This x 100. /thread
>>
>>137164019
We've been protected from ICBM's, including MIRV's since 1997 with permanent installation systems (patriot), AEGIS and THAAD are mobile, new new. The 1/3 ratio is disinfo meme / sweet songs we sing Vlad that we haven't really upset MAD.
>>
>>137181119
Russians are an Asian people.

Putin's eyes as he gets old is showing his Asian mix.
>>
>>137182605
Don't forget about HIMMELSNACHT either, an ICBM on course for the US will just blow up harmlessly in the ocean.

Unless certain powers that be wish otherwise.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.