[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a god?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: mountain.jpg (171KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
mountain.jpg
171KB, 800x534px
I was thinking about it today. It's hard to believe everything in the universe just happened by chance. Or that all of existence just happened. The fear of eternal nothingness is honestly starting to make me think of returning to Christianity.
>>
>>137139334
What makes you think existence exists at all? Can you prove it does?
>>
>>137139334
put your pride aside for a moment and think, the entire universe, black holes, the earth and all of its natural wonders, human consciousness, etc. obviously there is a God and obviously it is the God of the bible.

The only people who dont know this are arrogant prideful scientists, atheists and the brainwashed people of the false religions of Islam and Judaism
>>
>>137139334
Probably not.

Also "fear of eternal nothingness" is a bad reason to beleive in something.
>>
File: Christianity.jpg (41KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Christianity.jpg
41KB, 960x720px
>>137140415
>>
>>137139334
There is. Here are some resources to help.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AominOrg

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrOakley1689

Good channels, hopefully they help people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97k4z6Qe7JM&t=18s

A true Gospel presentation. Hopefully those who haven't heard watch, and those who have can share this.
>>
>>137140415
>and obviously it is the God of the bible
LMAO
>>
>>137139334
>>137141381
https://www.youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy

This channel answers a lot of the most common questions, but I should note I disagree with a fair amount of what it says. I believe the man is a Christian, but I think he goes too far on the philosophy side. Still, his stuff has been useful.
>>
File: ballgob-fig19_015.jpg (297KB, 1473x1648px) Image search: [Google]
ballgob-fig19_015.jpg
297KB, 1473x1648px
>>137139334
Didn't happen by chance. It followed a set of rules set by physics, chemistry, and other sciences.
>>
think about all the gods that have been worshipped throughout human history that were created to explain shit we didn't understand.

now give me a logical reason why YOUR god is real, and all the others aren't.
>>
>>137139334
All available historical evidence points to the Bible being accurate. Jesus lived selflessly, died innocent, and was resurrected by the Father. 5700 NT manuscripts in different languages, from different countries, authored mostly by people who never met one another. The fragments from the first century match manuscripts from later on, meaning the text wasn't changed.

Josephus on Jesus and Tacitus on Christ; two non-Biblical sources confirming Jesus' life.

If God wasn't real, then that'd mean nothingness produced the universe. That's silly.
>>
>>137139334
Bad news
Reincarnation exists and the so called gods in the history were advanced aliens who visited us
>>
>>137139334
Reincarnation is the only outcome that makes sense. Children being born and using there first words to talk about their previous lives is more evidence of reincarnation than anything ever evident from a Abrahamic holy book.
>>
>>137140415

>Other religions are definitely wrong but mine is correct.
>>
Return to Christianity. Don't return to the Church. The Church is lost.
>>
>>137142142
I'll bite.

>All available historical evidence points to the Bible being accurate

Some parts of the bible line up with historical evidence, other most certainly do not

>Jesus lived selflessly, died innocent, and was resurrected by the Father.

Zero proof of this.

>5700 NT manuscripts in different languages, from different countries, authored mostly by people who never met one another. The fragments from the first century match manuscripts from later on, meaning the text wasn't changed.

The meaning of the text has been changed significantly through the years, with multiple translations and additions by various churchs. Some churches even include or exclude whole gospels.

>Josephus on Jesus and Tacitus on Christ; two non-Biblical sources confirming Jesus' life.

Sure there is evidence that Jesus the man existed. Big deal. Now you need to prove that he is the son of god, and god at the same time.

>If God wasn't real, then that'd mean nothingness produced the universe. That's silly.

I think beleiving in something that hasn't been proven is silly, but you do you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.