[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Dutch friendlier to the English or Germans?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Classic-Shaolin-Big-Battle-pose.jpg (87KB, 525x604px) Image search: [Google]
Classic-Shaolin-Big-Battle-pose.jpg
87KB, 525x604px
Are the Dutch friendlier to the English or Germans?
>>
Historically English. Currently Germans.
>>
We had a lot of ties with the Dutch because of the Glorious Revolution. Don't really care now.
>>
>>137120268

Fuck sake no!

The Dutch hate the English. They have always been at war. Only since ww2 things have changed a bit.
>>
Dutch and English were colonial competitors for a long time
>>
Germans.
I love the Dutch though.
>>
>>137120268
Its the other way around actually
>>
>>137120336
What Revolution?
>>
>>137120095

I had some troubles when inadvertently spoke german in a dutch town right after the border.

They got some thin skin over there.
>>
>>137120095
I'm pretty sure we hate both, please die in your respective multicultural shitholes.
>>
>>137122275
Glorious Revolution 1688, the overthrow of King James and the Bill of Rights 1689. There's mixed feelings on it as a whole but William the Orange, a Dutch land holder with blood ties to the English throne, were invited by parliament to rule with his wife afterwards. The Bank of England actually started from Dutch influence.
>>
>>137122536
We dont take kindly to you people round here
>>
>>137121245
Thats bullshit, before ww2 the English were the heroes, we looked up to them. After ww2 we looked up to the Americans
>>
>>137124483
>Thats bullshit, before ww2 the English were the heroes
Why are you making stuff up - if anything WWII is what made people think of Brits positvly.
>>
>>137124483

No they were not.

The boerwar.
This has always been a grudge for the royal family and the Dutch elite. There have been reports that this was one of the reasons for not joining ww1. And the royal family had very good relations with the German kaiser Wilhelm.
>>
>>137125134
Im not making stuff up. I Read about it recently in a book called in europa. Read about it before dont remember where. Im talking about the 20th century.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.