[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CARRINGTON EVENT

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Alright /pol/, redpill me on the Carrington Event.

Is it true that it would send us back 50-100 years and could happen basically any day? And on top of that we've done noting to prepare for it as a society?

Is it further true that even a small nuke detonated at a high altitude would cause an EMP with a similar effect over a continent-sized area?

What are the ramifications? Should we care at all?

Some anons say that this is the real reason Best Korea is a threat. Any truth or total bullshit?
>>
>>137043333
Related:
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-110hhrg45133/pdf/CHRG-110hhrg45133.pdf

>2008 Congressional Testimony

>Congressman: I read a prepublication copy of a book called One Second After...It was the story of a ballistic missile EMP attack on our country...The story runs for a year...At the end of the year, 90 percent of our population is dead; there are 25,000 people only still alive in New York City...I understand that this is a realistic assessment of what a really robust EMP laydown could do to our country?

>Dr. GRAHAM: We think that is in the correct range. We don’t have experience with losing the infrastructure in a country with 300 million people, most of whom don’t live in a way that provides for their own food and other needs. We can go back to an era when people did live like that. That would be—10 percent would be 30 million people, and that is probably the range where we could survive as a basically rural economy.
>>
>>137044425
Second related:
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/north-korean-nuclear-emp-attack-the-threat-america-downplays-21010

>The EMP Commission finds that even primitive, low-yield nuclear weapons are such a significant EMP threat that rogue states, like North Korea, or terrorists may well prefer using a nuclear weapon for EMP attack instead of destroying a city.[1] In its 2004 report, the Commission cautioned: “Certain types of relatively low-yield nuclear weapons can be employed to generate potentially catastrophic EMP effects over wide geographic areas, and designs for variants of such weapons may have been illicitly trafficked for a quarter-century.”

>In 2004, two Russian generals, both EMP experts, warned the EMP Commission that the design for Russia’s super-EMP warhead, capable of generating high intensity EMP fields of 200,000 volts per meter, was “accidentally” transferred to North Korea, and that due to “brain drain,” Russian scientists were in North Korea, helping with their missile and nuclear weapon programs. South Korean military intelligence told their press that Russian scientists are in North Korea helping develop an EMP nuclear weapon. In 2013, a Chinese military commentator stated North Korea has super-EMP nuclear weapons.[2]
>>
File: 1480780120108.png (347KB, 578x539px) Image search: [Google]
1480780120108.png
347KB, 578x539px
>>137043333
>them digits
Welp, unless you can live without the comforts of modern life, then yeah you should be worried when trucks no longer deliever food to grocery stores, nor would their be electricity to accept payment for such goods if they were there and not looted yet.
>>
>>137043333
heres a strange thing i didnt consider until i read fpbp:

R. C. Christian is the author of the georgia guide stones

Richard Christopher Carrington is the man whom the carrington event is named for

really made me think
>>
fun fact:
they are wargaming/running training exercises for this just after the eclipse
>>
>>137043333
>3333
>>
There was a tv show about show a few years ago. Basically all electricity was wiped out and people had to survive. It was pretty good but got cancelled.
>>
23 September is when the beef wellington event occurs. Hold on to your trousers, it's gonna be some thick molasses
>>
>>137043333

checked

soon
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.