[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will you grow out of Religion?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 40

File: Silence!.jpg (83KB, 864x760px) Image search: [Google]
Silence!.jpg
83KB, 864x760px
Religions are scams designed to wield control over you and to separate you from your cash.

The Nigerian lotto scam is a perfect analogy for the christian scam.

"You will soon collect $50 million"
"You will soon go to heaven"

"All you need to do is pay a small processing fee to collect your prize"
"All you need to do is hand over your cash to the collection plate and heaven will be yours"

Make sure that you understand that your priest is every bit the scammer that the Nigerian dude is. He knows it's bullshit. But he also knows that telling lies to idiots for a living is much easier than working in a coal mine.
>>
Threadly reminder that an omnipotent being by definition can cause you to disbelieve in His existence.
>>
>>137030537
Daily reminder that people make shit up, especially when they can profit from tards by doing so.
>>
>>137030459
The gift of Salvation is free though.
>>
File: It feels overused.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
It feels overused.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
>>137030459
>When will you grow out of Religion?

Around age 9-10 and then converted to being a Catholic by age 21-22 or do after realizing what I know such as >>137030459 and other stuff was bullshit and the situation was far more reasonable and complex than I realized. I and my family treat it like I joined a different religion, honestly.
>>
You mean there wasn't a bbq Jew who "saved" me from hell? kys christfags so you can realize at the moment of your death it was all a fucking lie. *tips fedora*
>>
>>137031083
>the situation was far more reasonable

An invisible guy zapping up a universe with his magic wand is reasonable to you?
>>
File: Life of a Saint.jpg (349KB, 550x423px) Image search: [Google]
Life of a Saint.jpg
349KB, 550x423px
>>137031410
No, that's an impression I found to be bullshit.
But now that you mention it, I also came to realize that anti-theists are next to Evangelical Protestants in foolishness and arrogance.
>>
>>137031621
>arrogance
Actually, "ignorance" would be a better word. My apologies.
>>
>>137030459

Religions help prevent the spread of communism you leftist shill. neck yourself.
>>
>>137031621
>No, that's an impression I found to be bullshit.
So you're a catholic, but you don't believe that your god created the universe?
Are anti-tooth-fairyists equally foolish and arrogant in your opinion?
>>
>>137032011
So religions (like cuckstianity) which preach helping the poor and spreading the wealth (rich man/camel/eye of a needle etc) prevent the spread of a philosophy of helping the poor and spreading the wealth?

I do believe that you have just put the tard in religiotard.
>>
People who believe the literal definition of god and then disprove it based on those merits are what I believe to be some of the lowest common denominator of people

Sub-human even because they don't understand the meaning behind words or actions or why people do the things that they do

The bible and religion is essential to the foundations of humanity, knowledge passed down to help us better understand moral grounds and structures, warning us about the evils of corruption and snakes in our own lives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w
>>
File: Cool shit.jpg (147KB, 574x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cool shit.jpg
147KB, 574x800px
>>137032017
>So you're a catholic, but you don't believe that your god created the universe?

No, don't be dense. I don't find >>137031410
to be an accurate understanding of God and creation. In fact, I find it an insulting parody entirely meant to insult. If you really think this is what you're actually contending - and I say this sincerely - you really fucked up and you need to actually educate yourself about what you disagree with.
>>
>>137032328
Please, let us know the literal definition of god.

Then provide us with the correct definition of god.
>>
>>137032556
Well, don't be coy. Describe your god and tell us what you think he did wrt the universe.
>>
File: 20 years.png (151KB, 552x423px) Image search: [Google]
20 years.png
151KB, 552x423px
>>137032638
>link video called introduction to the idea of god
>PLEASE TELL THE IDEA OF GOD

Do you see what I mean about being a fucking retard?
>>
File: 542700-img-1.jpg (295KB, 1364x1023px) Image search: [Google]
542700-img-1.jpg
295KB, 1364x1023px
>>137030459
What a perfect analogy you have there OP. For yourself. You decided to use the picture of a character that constantly betray his in-group for personal gain and self aggrandizement. Just like you're doing by betraying religion to stoke your own ego.
>>
>>137030459
You can not find a group of people anywhere or anytime in the history of the world that did not believe in something.

Religion is built into people.
>>
>>137032789
I asked YOU for YOUR definition of god, not for a link. If you are capable of forming a coherent response for your position, this would be your opportunity.
>>
>>137033349
>Religion is built into people
So are haemorrhoids. That does not mean we should not seek a cure.
>>
>>137033174
If only a religion was my "in-group", then your post would have made sense.
>>
File: sliders.png (290KB, 1156x2031px) Image search: [Google]
sliders.png
290KB, 1156x2031px
>>137030459
FACE FIRST INTO A SLIDER
>>
>>137033685
You know damn well what I'm getting at fool. The West is falling and you are assisting in that fall.
>>
>>137033512
Sure, go for it.

Just be aware that deciding to not believe in something is like deciding to become a vegetarian.

It is not good for you and you better know what you are doing
>>
>>137030459
NEW BREAD !!!
(HOLY BREAD)

>>137030226
>>137030226
>>137030226
>>137030226
>>
>>137033823
Religiotard grimly determined to bury his head in the sand.
>>
>>137030912
tpbp
>>
>>137033840
The west is doing fine. It is religion that is not doing so well, at least in countries with an educated population. There is a reason that religion is doing best in countries with low levels of education and literacy. Can you guess what that reason is?
>>
>>137033842
Tell me about the adverse consequences that you suffered when you no longer believed in Santa.
>>
>>137034698
Tell me about the doctrine and testimony of people believing in Santa
Tell me about people praying to Santa

Apples and oranges don't compare the way you'd like them to, please present more logical fallacies
>>
>>137034147
SHUT UP ANTICHRIST KIKE
>CAN-EATING IMBECILE
>>
>>137030912
Nope. Churches, one way or another, always have their hand outstretched for your cash.

Also, the tax-free status of religions means that everyone has to subsidise their parasitic asses.

Whether atheist or theist, we all must pay so that the scum in the church may continue to parasitise our community.
>>
>>137030459
>But he also knows that telling lies to idiots for a living is much easier than working in a coal mine.

Joining the clergy is by far the least financially rewarding thing you can do with an advanced degree. Even fucking social workers make more.
>>
>>137034781

You made this claim:

>Just be aware that deciding to not believe in something is like deciding to become a vegetarian.
>It is not good for you and you better know what you are doing

I provided an example of it being false. BTW, the similarities between Santa and your god are manifold and this should trouble you. Santa for kiddies, god for older kiddies.
>>
>>137034839
Another religiotard with his head in the sand. Whatever you do, champ, don't think!
>>
File: Art of Christendom.jpg (3MB, 4742x2581px) Image search: [Google]
Art of Christendom.jpg
3MB, 4742x2581px
>>137032724
Well sure, lets give a rundown.

The view of God that dominated the western world - the view that is doctrinal to Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Christianity (the traditional ancient churches), and parts of Protestantism is called the Classical Theist view. This is distinct from most of Protestant Christianity and many laypeople of any denomination in which God is understood in a view called Theistic Personalism.

To crudely introduce the ideas:
>Theistic Personalism: God is an anthropomorphic being with "powers" akin to our own but to an incredible, unattainable degree and can act upon the world if He pleases.
>Classical Theism: God is a non-composite willful ground of being that sustains reality at all times.

How God's attributes are understood differ wildly between these views. I'll give videos for assistance here:

>Introduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxmY2n3LS8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpdn1oH_0yo&t=1s

>Omnipotence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaBL-5Ytv4

>Omniscience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tg05Un4Y5s

>Goodness and Justice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62iSAf4L9E4

Now in terms of creation itself, the view is that God has acted from a position of eternity and out of love. That is to say that God had created the universe (or universes, I would not know nor would Christianity speak either way of it) as a whole and we only see that act play out over time. Further, it being done "out of love" means that creation was not out of anything God requires from creation but rather it was a sharing so we may join God in existence.

Any issue? The Trinity perhaps? Complaints?
>>
>>137034601
>The west is doing fine.
You must be new here.
>>
>>137035390
ANOTHER KIKE ON HIS LITTLE COUNTER-CHRISTIN JIHAD , POSING AS A COMCERNED HUMANIST FEDORA

>FUCK YOU KIKE SHILL , PIECE OF SHIT JIDF SURROGATE

NEXT THREAD : BECOME PAGAN!
>NO, CHRIST OR CHAOS
>>
>>137034698
are you fucking kidding me? worse day of my life
>>
File: Newman!.gif (499KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Newman!.gif
499KB, 500x375px
>>137035180
>an advanced degree

Are you referring to a degree in theology? If so, pic related. Nobody claimed that preachers of the established churches get rich individually. The churches do. The ones that go it alone, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Brian Houston etc get fabulously rich by telling lies to morons. And by dodging their self-evident ethical obligation to pay tax.
>>
>>137035751
Butt-blasted religiotard shouting at facts.
>>
>>137035610
Spend 5 mins researching GDP, societal health indicators etc. Don't rely on 4chins for accurate data.
>>
File: Max Patrician13.jpg (682KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Max Patrician13.jpg
682KB, 1024x768px
>>137034601
>The west is doing fine.
This atheist actually believes this.
Think about this for a moment, /pol/.
>>
>>137035450
>Any issue?

Yes. Your god, and the claims made of him, all come with zero evidence. That's z-e-r-o. The same is true of every one of the other thousands of gods which have been fabricated. If this were not true, the word "faith" would not exist. Faith is required due to the absence of evidence.

Why do you believe in something for which there is no evidence (your god)?

Why do you disbelieve in something for which there is the exact same amount of evidence (every other god)?
>>
>>137035771
Sure, it was rough, but you're ok now. Lose the god, it will sting a bit, but pretty soon you will be fine.
>>
File: 0soangry0.jpg (67KB, 367x240px) Image search: [Google]
0soangry0.jpg
67KB, 367x240px
>>137036038
KIKE NIGGER UPSET AT THE RISE OF CHRISTIANS :)
>>
>>137036725

Again:

>Spend 5 mins researching GDP, societal health indicators etc. Don't rely on 4chins for accurate data.
>>
>>137036725
desu newage religion that normalizes and even encourages degeneracy is every bit at fault as communists and fedoras for the fall of the west.
>>
>>137036892
Still shouting, still ignorant. Cuckstianity is only doing well in third world shitholes. People in educated countries are flushing it down the shitter, where it belongs.
>>
>>137037031
>degeneracy
>fedoras

Try forming an opinion that does not rely on cliche. In other words, try thinking.
>>
>>137035390
>don't think

Actually if one thinks and analyzes one believes in God, discards christianity but believes in a similar belief where the wolrd is populated by demons and the true God is distant above, salvation is through gnosis, btw.

Christianity and the rest of religions are designed so you worship a creature of darkness as a god.

I'm not sure where you got this notion that you faggots are good at disimulation to go and say to people to think for themselves, as if this were gonna make anyone an atheist.

Five minutes spents with another human are five minutes whre your only thought is that such a fag can only have escaped from hell.
>>
>>137030537
>it's just god challenging you
lets try to avoid the mind games
>>
>>137030459

>"All you need to do is hand over your cash to the collection plate and heaven will be yours"

You literally don't have to pay a single dime and go to heaven.

I mean I know what you're trying, but try harder.
>>
>>137035035
>Churches, one way or another, always have their hand outstretched for your cash.
Not true. There was a time when people shared openly with their Churches. I'm not talking money. I'm talking food, drinks, labor, etc. There are even some places where a few good parishioners still look after their priests.

Wanna know why most Churches ask for money? And I'm talking about true Churches here, not mega-shitholes where they literally do preach "donations = health, wealth, etc". I mean Churches where hard working priests do whatever they can for their people. They ask for money because most people could give two shits. They believe all the bullshit that wealth, lifestyle, etc brings you happiness. They still call when someone is sick, and make demands on "their" priest. Or when they want to have a "traditional" wedding. Or when something in life just scares the shit outta them. But once those moments are over, they turn their backs on the rock of their salvation, offered freely.
>Don't give two shits about the Real Presence
>Don't give two shits about Absolution
>Believe they can trust their husband/wife/etc. without first trusting God.
Wtf goys, get with the program.
God first. Let's get some perfection going.
Clean house. Better yourself while you're at it. Go to Confession.
Become a Tabernacle.
>>
>>137037279
>no goy, transgenderism and cuckoldry is the hallmark of a healthy western society!
>>
>>137030459
>pic
Did Bill Nie get a fashion upgrade and start working out? He's looking better.
>>
>>137037780
>Bill Nie
I don't know whether to kek or rage desu
>>
>>137030459
So much talk of taking money. Not one word about the churches output. You are aware of their involvement in charitable works and community services and the scope of the outreach ??? Hey after all it's not like the government does the same thing with taxes!
>>
File: Max Patrician8.jpg (301KB, 800x608px) Image search: [Google]
Max Patrician8.jpg
301KB, 800x608px
>>137036803
>>137036803
>Your god, and the claims made of him, all come with zero evidence.

Literally everything I mentioned came from Scholastic philosophy which comes to these views very rigorously and through examination of nature and deduction. Besides the Theistic Personalist views, of course. Try looking at any argument for Divine Conservation.

>If this were not true, the word "faith" would not exist.

Stop talking about things you obviously don't know. Faith to a Christian isn't faith that the worldview is correct but faith in God to be working for all good at all times. It is a faith IN God, not a faith OF God, you dense fool.

>Why do you disbelieve...

The other gods are tied to their own worldviews of how the universe is and what divinity is and its relation to the universe. Believing one worldview is correct and being able to substantially defend it inherently denies competing concepts. For instance you don't need to know what Brahma is or Zeus is even if you defend and uphold metaphysical naturalism as that denies the possibilities of both inherently. The same with me with my view.

Please stop assuming you know who you're talking about because it helps you none and makes you out to be a child.

>>137037031
New Age religion is FORMED by religious people that fell for degenerate ideas.

>>137036993
There is much more to society that economic welfare and vague comments on "happiness". Our broken family rate is massive, we are fighting over basic concepts like the reality of gender and of sex - basic institutions that society was founded on are being done away with on an increasing scale with little to no alternatives given. Migrants are so touchy an issue that one country's government is trying to hide from others that ambulances will not go to certain locations for fear of their lives. You completely miss the spiritual turmoil and social issues that go on today that /pol/ goes on about.
>>
>>137037151
THE RAMPANT DEGENERACY OF TRANSEXUAL HOMOSEXUAL LEFT LEANING RACE MIXING PRO-ISRAEL, SELF-DESTROYING CULTURE THAT HAS DAWNED IN THE SECOND DECADE OF THE 21ST CENTURY
>ONLY MEANS MASSES OFINTOLERANT CHRISTIANS BECOMING A POLITICAL FORCE AT THE HEAD OF THE WESTER SOCIETIES
RIGHT WHERE THEY BELONG
>KIKES PREPARE TO RUN OR HIDE, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEBAUCHERY AND YOU WILL BE PUNISHED BY US
>>
Stop being christian
>>
File: 1499830730775.jpg (161KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499830730775.jpg
161KB, 385x500px
>>137030459

you must be present to win but no purchase necessary to enter

praise frank
>>
>>137038352

"The Vatican's economy minister has said hundreds of millions of euros were found "tucked away" in accounts of various Holy See departments without having appeared in the city-state's balance sheets.

In an article for Britain's Catholic Herald Magazine to be published on Friday, Australian Cardinal George Pell wrote that the discovery meant overall Vatican finances were in better shape than previously believed.

"In fact, we have discovered that the situation is much healthier than it seemed, because some hundreds of millions of euros were tucked away in particular sectional accounts and did not appear on the balance sheet," he wrote."

http://www.baka.com.au/world/cardinal-george-pell-finds-hundreds-of-millions-of-euros-tucked-away-in-vatican-accounts-20141204-120k3f.html

***hundreds of millions of Euros***

Tell us more about the good charitable works of the church. It's not about the cash, right?
>>
File: n73i41tczb.st-giles-2.jpg (199KB, 1009x619px) Image search: [Google]
n73i41tczb.st-giles-2.jpg
199KB, 1009x619px
When will you grow out of atheism and realize what religious inspiration has done for western civilization?

>basics of scientific method formed in the monasteries
>glorious architecture
>symphonies and works of art inspired by religion
>pan European unity to repel invaders (Tours, Vienna, etc.)

It doesn't take much intelligence to see religion as silly fairy tales. It takes humility to see its value for civilization
>>
>>137039239
Pretty much everyone agrees the vatican is a front for satan worship right now m8.
>>
File: Help to the Needy.png (153KB, 595x324px) Image search: [Google]
Help to the Needy.png
153KB, 595x324px
>>137039239
>>137038352

>pic related

Fuck off, anti-theist.

>>137039604
Valuing what you find wrong for utilitarian purposes is a good way to never have it succeed. You still buy the foolishness that brought about the situation in the first place.
>>
File: whoa cath.jpg (1MB, 1880x1253px) Image search: [Google]
whoa cath.jpg
1MB, 1880x1253px
>>137030459
You don't have to pay a god damned thing. It's donations. Unfortunately, we live in a world where money keeps the lights on-so of course it's frowned upon to utilize their services without contributing. I don't know if you've noticed, but indulgences are gone and most religions don't have them.

Scientology is what you're arguing against peon.
>>
File: 1495687992549.jpg (55KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
1495687992549.jpg
55KB, 720x539px
>>137038937
>>
File: Confusion.jpg (31KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Confusion.jpg
31KB, 853x480px
>OP and proponents have been unable to make an argument in their defense besides assuming failures of the theist's side
>disappear when called out

There is no shame in being wrong, OP. Don't cower.
>>
>>137041278
>There is no shame in being wrong
But no christian will ever admit to it.
>>
File: A YOU for display.png (275KB, 512x404px) Image search: [Google]
A YOU for display.png
275KB, 512x404px
>>137042048
Many have admitted they find themselves in the wrong, which is how 'atheism' spread in the west over the lack decade so much. Likewise atheists have a very low retention rate so they come to know themselves as wrong too at times and amend their views.

Stop being stupid.
>>
>>137042435
>Many have admitted they find themselves in the wrong

Ok. Can you do a miracle since jeebus promised you would be able to? I guess your religion would be a lie if you can't.
>>
>>137040626
>(((donations)))

The bible commands it followers to tithe. Churches keep records.
>>
>>137042762
1. Miracles come from God, not individuals.
2. Many miracles are associated with saints. I am no saint.

>this constant goal-shifting to try to get me somehow

I'm out for the night.
>>
>>137041278
Had to pick up my wife. Some of us have lives you know.
>>
>on omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent magic dude zaps the universe into existence
>creatutes flawed humans who will fall on purpose(remember, omniscience)
>creates a bunch of bullshit rules for them to follow like not eating meat on fridays or they will suffer eternally in hell(omibenevolent?)
>he only gives a chance for them to not suffer forever because his own son sacrificed himself and even then he requires total and unquestioning obedience
>apparently he created a world of sin on purpose just so his creations can be tempted and suffer forever

Yeah, what a kind, loving, powerful god. Totally more logical than accepting that the scope of current science is limited and cant answer everything yet.
>>
>>137030459
go let your window open and die to some snake or some shit you faggot straya cunt , jesus is lord and you will never stray me away from my faith.
>>
>>137042984
Jesus promised miracles to individuals.

And there you go, another christians bail out of the question to avoid the sad truth that their religion is a lie designed to trap those who see evidence of the supernatural, the world is populated by demons, like christianity says, so people who see evidence, have the notion to go there.
>>
>>137043769
A German christfag. You must be properly dense, mate, being a religiotard in a country with quality education like yours. My condolensces. Kindly refrain from having children. We don't want downies pissing in the gene pool.
>>
>>137044000
There's going to be believers until this shitty planet gets rekt.
>>
>>137030459
Agreed. Religion is bad. What you need is a personal relationship with Jesus. Religion has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>137044119
Of course. There is no shortage of retards on planet earth, and so there will be no shortage of religiotards.
>>
>>137044392
Even if you erase every religion, there will be still believers, even if mankind gets genetically modified to have an iq of 200 minimum there still will be believers.
>>
>>137044519
True. It is not just tards that get conned by religion. Fear of death causes otherwise rational people to believe absurd fairy tales to soothe their fears. Egomaniacs are also drawn to religion, because their bloated sense of self-importance demands more than this finite existence.
>>
>>137044519

Even if we eradicate all infectious diseases there will be sporadic cases, but so what? The world would be infinitely better without religion.
>>
>>137044879
>Fear of death
It's not fear of death either.

You see, there is a God, and he has the habit of sometimes signaling his pressence to people and save them with gnosis. Likewise humans behave like they just escape from hell and are generally very bad at pretending they're not a bunch of demons, not telling the fact that they tend to roleplay a lot in public places, so even if God doesn't interact, people get suspicious.
>>
File: 1490660612865.jpg (69KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1490660612865.jpg
69KB, 800x532px
depends on the individual but here are some rough guesses.

For the /pol/vert (Deus Vult !!!) - when they actually have to make sacrifices for the group and the novelty wears off.

For the cultural christian - when their peers cease following or saying that it should be followed.

For the lonevert (the person who hated women until they realised they needed one and most likely to puff up the Mormons) - when they get a fulfilling sexual partner who isnt committed or simply should the community no longer support them.

For the Mystic (odd conversion stories and least orthodox) - when prayer, fasting and mass no longer trigger euphoria and excitement.

For the biased intellectual (most likley to mention CS Lewis or the word "actuality x 10 more likely to suffer from the sin of pride and vanity) - never so long as their peers and reading material are high quality and parochial.

For the overeager "truth" Seeker - once they learn more about it and get past the exoticness of it.

For the contrarian or rebel - as soon as they stop getting negative attention or even notice for their beliefs/practices.
>>
>>137045254
>>Fear of death
>It's not fear of death either.

Sure it is. Religion was born on the very same day that man first became aware of his own mortality.
>>
>>137045869
Straya, when I was 10 years old I believed and not of faith, I believed because I had seen the people arround me behave like they just escaped from hell, they were always roleplaying, always telling lies and pretending, and the acting was obvious already for a 10 year old.

Later on I grew atheist merely on the basis that god was ignoring me and not punishing them.

Later on a person literally decided to use her power on me, God decided that it was enough and granted me gnosis and gifted me heaven in that very moment. When he did, literally everybody in the world started hating me and trying shit from several religions to see if I would go to hell. Meanwhile I smartened up and noticed people are just demons and religions are false because that's where the high ranking demons are placed for people to worship them, which is why god had been ignoring me in the past.

You faggots are always with the tale that there is no evidence and one has to be dumb not to see you roleplayers at large.

A good example would be christians and their roleplaying of the christian religion, if you think a normal human sees that and decides to ignore it you're very retarded and don't know human nature.
TL;DR= Shut up, larper.
>>
>>137046255
Have you considered the possibility that you are batshit bonkers?
>>
>>137046631
>ure crazy bcus u c me
>>
>>137030459
When will you grow into it?

"Complete Agnosticism is the obvious attitude for man. We are all Agnostics until we discover that Agnosticism will not work. " GK Chesterton
>>
>>137046732
>When will you grow into it?
Never. Before I had completed primary school, the sheer absurdity of it was plain to see. I don't fear death and I am not sufficiently self-important to demand an afterlife.

Born atheist, like everyone else ever born, and I will remain so.
>>
File: fedora shrek.png (611KB, 565x547px) Image search: [Google]
fedora shrek.png
611KB, 565x547px
>>
>>137032017
>So you're a catholic, but you don't believe that your god created the universe?
>Are anti-tooth-fairyists equally foolish and arrogant in your opinion?

We don't believe God is a wizard who "zapped" the universe into existence a wand.
>>
>>137032288
Communism is literally a sin.
>>
>>137046954

>got nothing

f-f-fedora!
>>
OP is a faggot.
Jesus is coming back on a white horse to skullfuck him, and not in the way he would hope.
>>
>>137047075
What do you believe?
>>
>>137046911
>Born atheist, like everyone else ever born, and I will remain so.

And if you ever realize that doesn't work maybe you will become a Christian. I'll say a prayer for you.
>>
>>137047170
christfags have been saying that for 2000 years. Will your descendants be dumb enough to still be saying it in 200,000 years? Somehow, I think they will
>>
>>137047233
You

see
>>137035450
God is a non material being whose nature is to create and love his creation. Jesus is that God made man.
>>
File: fedoraman.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
fedoraman.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>137047169
This the only proper response to your retarded post.
>>
>"All you need to do is hand over your cash to the collection plate and heaven will be yours"

The money collected was originally used to free Christian slaves from muslim slave-traders during the barbary pirates era.
>>
>>137047314
Google societal health indicators vs religiosity by country. The most prosperous, progressive, healthiest, fairest, most civilised countries are the LEAST religious ones.

This is a fact, which you can confirm via a simple google search.
>>
>>137030459
>not having your own religion or subscribing to a non-denominational version of an existing one
that thing italians do with their fingers
>>
>>137047539
gorreladion is nod gausadion og :DDDdd
>>
File: 1478113475738.jpg (57KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1478113475738.jpg
57KB, 960x638px
>>137030459
Jesus called a little child to Him and set him in their midst, and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like little children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself like this little child is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

- Matthew 18:2-4
>>
File: getalog.png (88KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
getalog.png
88KB, 200x219px
>>137047499
So you wanted to remind everyone that you're not very bright and can't form a coherent argument?
>>
File: 1488697280488.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488697280488.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>137030459
>When will you grow out of Religion?
The day you stop making angsty tween butthurt threads about it.
>>
>>137045447
>For the Mystic (odd conversion stories and least orthodox) - when prayer, fasting and mass no longer trigger euphoria and excitement.

This is what Christianity is, it's Mystic , unhless you have the gift of sight from birth and can see too the uinvisible world.

You must fast and pray , because it alters your outcomes and you stay close to the Holy Spirit, This is Orthodoxy, and that's why its paintings are full LSD and not artsy.
>>
>>137047590
You should meet up with the German religiotard in this thread and compare notes on how your otherwise excellent education system barfed out you two tards.
>>
>>137047799
Got no argument? Wheel out the cliches. Next.
>>
>>137047539
You can also confirm that those "healthiest most prosperous" societies are dying off and have MASSIVE social issues. How long have you been on this board? It's practically a think tank for discussing western decline.
>>
>>137047836
>excellent education system
>finland
is this some new level ausposting
>>
>>137045447
That's true for a good number of people unfortunately. But some of the most popular Saints are people who persevered in their faith despite experiencing many of these issues.
>>
File: DG1663uXkAALG7q.jpg (116KB, 1200x1110px) Image search: [Google]
DG1663uXkAALG7q.jpg
116KB, 1200x1110px
>>137030459
>Religions are scams designed to wield control over you and to separate you from your cash.

> its all about money goyim

We really need to gas the materialists.

Religions are nothing but natural software for the human brain. Homo sapiens evolved to be religious. You can have a non religious individual but when you scratch "secular" societies like sweden you will find its a cult like any other large group of people that gets anything done. Diversity, progress, equality, racism etc. all are buzzwords like sin, salvation, divine grace in christianity.

You cannot have a non religious society. One religion is always switched to another. The only question is how the cult works for its members. Paganism powered European civilization for millennia, christianity for ~1500 years, nazism lasted 12 years, communism 50, progressivism is just imploding after about 50 years too. After that it will be islam or some form of nationalism.

And the ruling ideology always takes your money, someone has to feed the priesthood whether its a bishop living off serfs or a tenured progressive like Dawkins preaching racial equality despite being an evolutionary biologist all off yor tax money.

There's always a priesthood financed by believers in EVERY human society from pagan Rome to marxist Sweden.

tl;dr people who view religion as a "scam" have a retarded child's view of human nature and history.

t. atheist

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BZylziBKI
>>
>>137030459
Are you speaking of all religion or just Christianity? If so then you are a shill and a Jew for if you only attack Christianity then you fear that it which is true, why? Because the conscious heart tells all and there's no hiding from the Lord. All other religion no one fucking cares nor do they even put a dent in anyone's mind, but when it comes to the true religion of the living God, and his Son our Lord Jesus Christ then all of a sudden people want to stray you away
>>
>>137048040
So now you are claiming that you are a religiotard because your country's education system is deficient? topkeks. You are doing my work for me, m8.
>>
>>137048284
>Religions are nothing but natural software for the human brain.
That is materialism.
>>
>>137047817
>You must fast and pray , because it alters your outcomes and you stay close to the Holy Spirit

It also triggers euphoira and different states of consciousness which is why it and actions that are similar physically (repetition, greatly decreased or increased stimulation ect) are found in all the lasting religious traditions.

Interestingly because of its effectiveness its something thats found in a lot of cults (Scientology for instance) and has even been used by Communist Regimes in War.

>why its paintings are full LSD and not artsy.

Only if you define "artsy" as trying to resemble real life, the unnatural (and caricature like) element of them is not trigger religious experiences but to allow for the communion of saints without it degrading into icon or ancestor worship which is a risk if you use accurate images or leave people to their imaginations
>>
>>137048519
now you're just putting words in my mouth
I was just saying that the finnish education system being excellent is an absolute myth, it was average at best and is now subpar
but it is true that correlation does not mean causation in this case
if you did any digging into the subject yourself you'd realise that suffering or personal tragedy are some of the leading causes of (re)conversion or beginning active practice of a religion
>>
>>137048284
>Religions are nothing but natural software for the human brain. Homo sapiens evolved to be religious

What a steaming loaf. Find me a naturally religious child. Not one that has been indoctrinated by the local pervert in a frock. Find one that is inherently religious. I will wait.

Christianity, and every other religion, is a cult and the reason that cults go after young children is because they know that if they wait until their recruits are old enough to reason, they will have no hope of recruiting them
>>
File: 1502396492000.jpg (119KB, 1001x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502396492000.jpg
119KB, 1001x1024px
>>137048536
It depends on your definition.

By my definition "materialism" means that the main motive of every human action and desire is economic. Like communists who believed everything was secretly economically determined and people had no geniuine need for transcendent meaning but only engaged in religious activity to scam others out of cash or because they were duped by conmen who were only after their money.

Or like modern leftists who cant wrap their heads around why young muslims in western societies are joining ISIS. They think its because of "poverty" or because there are not enough cubicle wagecuck jobs in call centers and corporations to go around.

I accept the fact that the human mind is after more than just money. And the need to transcend limitations of our nature and find non-economic meaning often drives our behaviour.

Apparently you just have a different definition of materialism.
>>
>>137030459
I never understood people like you; the ill informed and quarrelsome sheep who consider themselves 'free thinkers'.

Tell me this, if religion is just a scam or a control mechanism then what of morality? why should we break one set of shackles but retain the other?

The fear of retribution whether divine or worldly is what keeps most people in line, but you do have a lot of people like myself that have no fear of worldly retribution; all you are doing is making the world an even shittier place than it is already.
>>
>>137049190
Your country is in the top 10%. Unless you have a double-digit IQ, you have no excuse for having an imaginary friend.
>>
File: 1502339929454m.jpg (97KB, 564x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502339929454m.jpg
97KB, 564x1024px
>>137049249
>What a steaming loaf. Find me a naturally religious child. Not one that has been indoctrinated by the local pervert in a frock. Find one that is inherently religious. I will wait

Jesus Christ you are one subhuman retard.

Find me a child that's not born into a family or a wider community. How can it not get "indoctrinated" into whatever its parents believe? Children naturally copy whatever people around them are doing.

You think its any different if their parents beliefs don't include jesus?

Here luckily this kid has not been "brainwashed" with religion
>>
>>137030459
Have some Giotto.
>>
>>137049749
>Unless you have a double-digit IQ, you have no excuse for having an imaginary friend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
as an example of christians, a horribly incomplete list of course
although honestly it seems you aren't in the double digits with your inability to understand that religion is a separate function from things such as science
or that neither necessarily deny the others existence since they are used to investigate/view completely different subjects unmeasureable by the tools of the other
the teapot goes both ways
>>
>>137049524

Thanks!
>>
>>137048916
ok agree on points , but also there is the whole paranormal component you need investigate, my own set of points, at the peril of becoming an Orthodox you too .
>>
File: mt-stupid.png (43KB, 613x481px) Image search: [Google]
mt-stupid.png
43KB, 613x481px
>>137049745
>I never understood people like you;

How so even if their exact labels differ you will find them in every ideology or belief set.

The people who after a tiny bit of free thinking turn into raging biggots who delight in trying to spread their newfound certainty
>>
>>137049745

>I never understood people like you; the ill informed and quarrelsome sheep who consider themselves 'free thinkers'.

Dog-shit opening sentence.

>Tell me this, if religion is just a scam or a control mechanism then what of morality? why should we break one set of shackles but retain the other?

Another morality tard. Will you kill your son if he is disobedient? The bible explicitly commands you to. You won't, though, will you. You won't because you are capable of reasoning, and reasoning inevitably leads you to the conclusion that murdering your son for being disobedient would be a primitive and retarded act. Reason is the source of our morality, not your demented, 2000 year old fairy story book.

>The fear of retribution whether divine or worldly is what keeps most people in line, but you do have a lot of people like myself that have no fear of worldly retribution; all you are doing is making the world an even shittier place than it is already.

If this premise were true, our prisons would be full of atheists. The reverse is true. I will say that again for you. The reverse is true. Theism is higher among prison populations than it is in the general population. You can confirm this with a simple google search.
>>
File: moleymoleymoley.jpg (23KB, 639x351px) Image search: [Google]
moleymoleymoley.jpg
23KB, 639x351px
>>137049818

>Religions are nothing but natural software for the human brain. Homo sapiens evolved to be religious

Hoisted on your own retard
>>
>>137050452
look at me ! my hip fedora
>I'm rad !!!11!!
>>
>>137050313
Oh I think i might have been a bit unclear in my original post when I used lower case "o" orthodox I didn't mean the specific religious group but that the mystic type or experiance junkies tend to have rather strange and different stories and practices compared to the average group member (even though theirs might be more true - often the case in East Orthodoxy)

>you need investigate,

Thats what Im currently working on dealing with Fundamentalist Baptist Christianity at the moment.

Still have no clue on distinguishing between the genuinley divine or supernatural and simply manipulation of how the brain works
>>
While i respect the teachings of the Buddha and Muhammad, as well as the judeo-christian ethic, I disagree with organized religion because it is justified and used as a scapegoat for all the countless atrocities that took place in human history. If i were to support these religions, i would be a hypocriote.
>>
>>137050698
You're pretty dumb, mate. Has anyone ever told you that?
>>
File: DFm29PBXUAAl0QD.jpg (31KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
DFm29PBXUAAl0QD.jpg
31KB, 600x568px
>>137050402
>free thinking

free from what?

Just because you dont believe in God doesnt mean you are a free thinker at all.

Every prominent modrn atheist I can think of embraced secular humanism with a fervor of a XVII cent. preacher and kept spewing egalitarian bullshit along the RACISMSEXISMHOMOPHOBIA lines.

They are currently being eaten by their own cultists who recently deplatformed Dawkins over some " bigotry"

Communities always have shared beliefs and go after dissidents, its human nature.

You cannot have a "freethinking" country, people are always switching between ideologies and every ideology has a clergy and an inquisition, whether it includes god or not.

Freethinking is a meme to anyone with a brain and the root of all the fedora mockery.
>>
>>137050825
> I disagree with organized religion
Even if that means rejecting the teachings of those figures you've cited

>, i would be a hypocriote.
Or perhaps you would be a following the faith in an imperfect setting?
>>
>>137050853
it's so hip!
>duuuh you're pretty dumb ooga-booga !!!111!
>>
>>137050402
But surely one thing must follow another, how is it possible faggots like Sam Harris will tell you that religion is false but reincarnation shouldn't be dismissed; religious people don't claim to operate on cold reason alone so generally this criticism isn't levied against them.

>>137050452
>Will you kill your son if he is disobedient?

People did and i would depending on the nature of his disobedience; what aspect of reason factors into this? what is the basis for consultation the Bible, muh feels, Kant's categorical Imperative?

Did some unicorn swoop down and tell you that this is wrong is is it just a vestige of Abrahamic morality? the old Roman laws would give me the right to do so.
>Theism is higher among prison populations than it is in the general population.

It's almost as if prisoners as incentivised to be religious....
Barring that are you claiming that people in prison are the best models for rational agents?
>>
File: Jocular Jesus.jpg (24KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
Jocular Jesus.jpg
24KB, 650x366px
>>137051249
>People did and i would depending on the nature of his disobedience

Telling lies on the net for god. Retard confirmed.
>>
>>137030459
Is it so hard to understand ?
a religion is basically two things
>A set of rules and morals
>a judge who applies theses rules

It's a system put in place in order to unifiy a society with the same set of rules. Therefore, it's totally stupid to accept another religion in a place where society was born from a certain religion. But the most interesting thing : instead of being a simple rulebook it also gives meaning and morality. Some people don't have the time or power to create their own sense of morality or will and having predefined morals and sense of duty keep them from being total nihilistic losers. Not letting the weak minded to have some sort of spirituality can be dangerous. I'm not religious myself but I can see its importance

TL;DR
>Religion = rules and meaning = society
>having 2+ religions = 2+societies fighting each other =civil war
>no religion = nihilism for those who can't find meaning themselves =society collapsing
>>
>>137050976
>free from what?

Accepting without question the views of your ancestors/society.

>Every prominent modern atheist I can think of embraced secular humanism with a fervor of a XVII cent. preacher and kept spewing egalitarian bullshit along th

Its hard to become prominent if you are quiet or moderate. Its the same with Christians.

Added to this is that in any period of big change during the early days you get a lot of wierdness and extreemism.

Do recall reading about the reformation and seeing the kinds of bizarre and militant protestant Groups with their protocommunism and "any thing goes as long as its not papal" outlook?

>They are currently being eaten by their own cultists who recently deplatformed Dawkins over some " bigotry"

Its a guilty pleasure of mine seeing people get eaten alive by the monsters they created.

>Freethinking is a meme to anyone with a brain and the root of all the fedora mockery.

Free thinking is one of the most powerful tools in our human arsenal and one of the reasons why the West Conquered the world. Its also why so many people are now anti fedora.

However like youve identified it can also be horrifically destructive aka "so open minded your brain falls out".

The key and great challenge has always been how do you harvest this power without squashing it or letting it burn down everything you hold dear.
>>
we no longer need religion. religion is a primitive understanding of transcendental philosophy. we need transcendentalism. merge that with transhumanism. religion can only move backwards. we need to replace the past with something much more productive. we need to move forward (not in some lefty way, i mean in actual human progress).
>>
>>137051249
>But surely one thing must follow another, how is it possible faggots like Sam Harris will tell you that religion is false but reincarnation shouldn't be dismissed; religious people don't claim to operate on cold reason alone so generally this criticism isn't levied against them.

I think it can when you consider all the religious folk who are 100% sure that their miracles and supernatural events are true and that those of other groups should be dismissed 100% as illusions or false.

In both instances you have the creation of this arbitrary special exemption for their pet school of thought
>>
>>137051958
>Is it so hard to understand ?
>a religion is basically two things
>>A set of rules and morals
>>a judge who applies theses rules

You forgot: >a system to enslave people and separate them from their cash.

You know, the foundation of all religions.
>>
File: 1366300913063.gif (485KB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1366300913063.gif
485KB, 193x135px
>>137051640
>Being too much of a faggot to reconcile with reality

Are you saying that people don't kill their children for disobedience or are you claiming based off how intimately you know me that i wouldn't?

Please tell me, what are you basing this off besides your 'feelings'
>>
>>137030459
Religion actually serves as a good conduit for charity when focused on building up its community and less focused on what Kenya is eating. The wealthy donate generously and the poor give what they deem payment for sins and gain back a net negative value as the charity without feeling the guilt stigma of begging among church dwellers. It also provided a place for mutually beneficial business projects. Profitable and powerful families arose from such relations as labor meets capital and land developers meet construction workers. Artisan mason partnerships forged by fraternal societies. This was how cathedrals were built. Inside job contracts assigned to the highest charitable giver. Growing business and forging iconic landmarks. Usually the tallest building in old timey towns.

While cliches do certainly exist among a body, most do not snub noses at each others and genuinely care for each other among its community and help to quell issues that otherwise lead to crime, illness, or disorder. Socially the church serves a fundamental aspect of a town's functionality in growing and connecting society.

Most globalist immigrants don't adapt to this western lifestyle let alone our language, or feel the need to for that matter. As a result we face the dilemma of cultural dilution and risk social degradation to lesser gods and weaker morals. Internet has only amplified that decay with its unfiltered access across language barriers that the ancient men had built up for a reason against neighbors. We did not promote their symbols or ideas in childrens entertainment. We did not allow their temples to be established in our lands. We welcomed foreigner with open arms but shunned any religion besides the ancestral ones that brought us to the new world in the first place. Now with secular diversity and SJW we have lost that sense of purity and black and white social morality.
>>
>>137052263
I get your point now.
>>
>>137052572
>Are you saying that people don't kill their children for disobedience

If they did, our species would be extinct. All kids are disobedient. This fact is as obvious to you as it is to me, but you are forced to deny it in order to defend your imaginary friend.
>>
>>137052263
>I think it can when you consider all the religious folk who are 100% sure that their miracles and supernatural events are true and that those of other groups should be dismissed 100% as illusions or false.

>In both instances you have the creation of this arbitrary special exemption for their pet school of thought.

You need supernatural events in the first place, do you have any ? Because in Orthodoxy there are loads, heaps. Untill you can surpass that then you resonate less with the spirit of God.
>>
File: 1501690078681.jpg (198KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501690078681.jpg
198KB, 1600x1200px
>>137030537
>>
File: desperado-jesus.jpg (41KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
desperado-jesus.jpg
41KB, 640x484px
>>137030459

being catholic is the only thing keeping me from an hero because i will have to be in hell forever
>>
File: 1499529373295.jpg (162KB, 1080x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1499529373295.jpg
162KB, 1080x1348px
>>137052682
Christianity is to blame for the current state of Europe being invaded and the notion that "All people are equal so long as they are Christian" ... Any "good" that bullshit has done is undone by the horror it has wrought.
>>
>>137053309
Hell does not exist, mate. It is an empty threat crafted to keep you in church every sunday, placing your cash in the collection plate. You are not going to hell, an hero or no an hero.
>>
>>137053458
Not all christianity, the pope and proddies
>>
>>137053279
>do you have any ?

Handfuls of things that but nothing i say with any great certainty - most of it is merely a lack of evidence to suggest fabrication which is not all that moving.

Things like reincarnation and some of the miracles associated with Indian figures have been a bit of an issue given thier number and difficulty in properly assessing.

What religious traditions have you practiced and explored?
>>
>>137053248
>being this fucking retarded
What is honour killing?
>>
>>137053458
where did you get that picture? Girl on the left is pretty.
>>
>>137053951
Well I ve had family go to Mount Athos and return green after meeting the holy men, and my own experiences , it is well known in Orthodoxy the miraculous is not far away , St Paisios , St. Porphyrios have countless witnesses of what they did . Mine met with Paisios. At times of great fervor I have prayed and had things done for me , however in one occasion I did not follow through after having an obviously very improbable event take place to help me and had a ruptured eardrum after that .

It's alive and it must be investigated .

I've also met the Lord but under a lot of LSD .
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.