[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salma Hayek is right: compared with women, men are lazy and entitled

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 14

File: oc12.jpg (172KB, 959x959px) Image search: [Google]
oc12.jpg
172KB, 959x959px
>The fact that men are paid more than women for doing the same or similar job is well-known. Feminist organisations have campaigned to close this gap, and also to make it clear that women are not standing for it. One recent analysis estimated that at the current pace of change, the UK pay gap will not be eradicated until 2069, which would be 99 years after the Equal Pay Act became law.

>Now the actor Salma Hayek has spoken out against this sexist discrimination and has added her own delicious caveat: that not only do men “do a lot less” for more pay, but feel entitled to more.

>“Men do a lot less,” she told Net-a-Porter’s magazine, The Edit, “they are less demanding on themselves and their standards are lower, yet they feel entitled to ask for a raise or a promotion.”

>This will not surprise any woman who has seen her male counterparts spend an hour playing online poker before striding into the boss’s office and cockily asking for a pay rise. This is all fuel to the fire in our sexist culture. Women rarely feel good enough about themselves, and tend to feel under pressure to do more for less praise and fewer pounds. Whereas men can roll into the office looking like death in a carrier bag, women tend to be under pressure to look as fresh as a daisy.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/11/salma-hayek-feminism-inequality-men-women
>>
>>137012151
Archived it
https://archive.is/4QEaT
>>
>>137012151
>I was once asked why lesbians always looked scruffy and overweight, which I interpreted as over a size 10 and devoid of make-up and heels. I explained that many heterosexual women would dress as I do if they did not feel the need to compensate for being, well, women in a man’s world, and that it was terrible that every part of the female form – from our hair to our toes – is up for a preen, paint, spray or squeeze. Men, even in today’s metrosexual culture, make far less effort, and yet seem to get away with it.

>Celebrity men can be adored while wearing grubby shorts, scuffed trainers and hair sticking up at the crown, while women get the front page of Take a Break or Heat for going to the shops in trackies – and not in a good way. Men get younger models despite being over the hill, whereas women get pity and Netflix.

>Even when it comes to poor performance in the sack, men enjoy affectionate, sympathetic portrayals in Hollywood films, for example, I Think I Love My Wife and Bonnie and Clyde, whereas directors portray their female counterparts as desperate, pathetic, frigid and often even psychotic.

>When it comes to household chores, women’s time cleaning up children’s’ poo and vomit is not so much undervalued as dismissed altogether. But men who stay at home to look after kids, or turn up at the school gates, are seen as selfless gods. These days, after decades of feminism, men do more chores and childcare – but not much more, and still far less than women. According to research by the feminist writer Beatrix Campbell, over the past three decades, the time that men dedicated to childcare rose at a rate of about 30 seconds per day, per year. Their contribution to housework rose at a rate of one minute per day, per year.
>>
File: amber_heard_ahwhtminidr04.jpg (1MB, 2256x3460px) Image search: [Google]
amber_heard_ahwhtminidr04.jpg
1MB, 2256x3460px
>>137012304
>My final point about men doing less and getting more money, praise (or both) is one most women are united on: men cooking. It is clear, watching men with their BBQ sets, or assembling a curry in the kitchen, that to them, cooking does not feel like “housework” in the way cleaning does. Let’s face it, if it did, they probably would not be so keen to wreck the kitchen or patio while wearing an apron adorned with a “dude with the food” slogan.

>Feminists still have much left to do before we are even close to being liberated from the shackles of patriarchal privilege, and this is yet more unpaid work we women will have to undertake.
>>
>>137012151
Wasn't she the same lady who was for dictatorships or right-wing authoritarianism before?
>>
>>137012182
GTFO my thread, Jew bot
>>
>>137012151
While I agree that if this MIGHT be true. I feel PAY SHOULD BE BASED ON PERFORMANCE REGARDLESS OF RACE, GENDER OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION. End of caps
>>
File: 1502483325542.jpg (14KB, 563x563px) Image search: [Google]
1502483325542.jpg
14KB, 563x563px
>>137012151
>The fact that men are paid more than women for doing the same or similar job is well-known.
If men get paid more than women for the same job, then why don't companies only hire women so they can make 23% more money? That's a HUMONGOUS amount of savings. Companies would kill for 2% or even 5% more profits. If you went up to your boss and said "I have an idea on how we can make 25% more money." he'd promote you on the spot.
>>
>>137012151

>paid more for the same job

Wrong.
>>
>>137012151
I've met her. She's CRAZY. Also, she has a sister who is actually hotter than her, which is probably what drives her so crazy.
>>
>>137012569
This
>>
>was a fuckbox
>got hired for being a fuckbox
>complains shes a fuckbox
>>
>>137012151
>lazy and entitled cunts calls the people who make her and every other woman in the west's life easy lazy and entitled

You just can't win with women, can you.
>>
File: just look at the time.png (86KB, 415x414px) Image search: [Google]
just look at the time.png
86KB, 415x414px
>>137012151
/pol/, please stop posting these women hate threads. It's not making my mental state any healthier when I'm two clicks away from female beating videos.

Please just put them back in the kitchen to stop this cancer. Someone, anyone. Do something please
>>
>>137012151

>Be Salma Hayek

>Have no discernible talent or ability and do nothing of value

>Be really hot and marry a billionaire

Gee, what a great person to give advice.
>>
>>137012360

>Cooking

Something women SHOULD be good at, but get consistently destroyed by men - With male Chefs being known as some of the longest and hardest working professionals in one of the most intense and merit based industries.

Also;

I'd love to see how much fucking housework Salma Hayek does.

Also, Archive your shit you fucking Fingolian.
>>
>>137012569

Because it's not only a lie, it's the opposite of the truth - Among corporate jobs in the U.S., women are paid MORE for doing the same jobs as men.
>>
>>137012151
>“Men do a lot less,” she told Net-a-Porter’s magazine, The Edit, “they are less demanding on themselves and their standards are lower, yet they feel entitled to ask for a raise or a promotion.”
Absolutely kill yourself, Hayek. Yeah, I bet men are slacking off working the whole day to fund your purchases of handbags and clothes, right? Their male privilege gets them that six figure salary, so they just laze around while poor oppressed womyn do the work.
>>
>>137012151
Man I wish I could get my tits out a few hours a night and make bank I'd happily swap that for the 45hr weeks I do at the moment
>>
File: download (2).jpg (14KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
14KB, 299x168px
>>
File: download (3).jpg (11KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
11KB, 277x182px
>>
>>137012182
Owned
>>
>>
>>
File: afghan.main.gettyimages.jpg (141KB, 585x382px) Image search: [Google]
afghan.main.gettyimages.jpg
141KB, 585x382px
>>
File: 1497925792471.gif (326KB, 432x290px) Image search: [Google]
1497925792471.gif
326KB, 432x290px
>>137012151
>just started working at a warehouse job in new Mexico
>its very labor intensive but the pay is fantastic
>my department deals with making pallets based on freight that comes down a line
>the freight can be anything between 5 to 100lbs
>have two girls in the department
>whenever anything over 20 lbs comes down the line they disappear till its gone
>the other day we get a few hundred 90 lb boxes
>the two girls just go fuck off somewhere while I do the line myself
>supervisor tells me if its too heavy for them I have to do it all by myself

Sure love equality. Hayek and anyone else talking about women deserve more can go fuck right off. Hell the other night an hour before we left we got slammed with heavy shit. I had to palletize and move it all myself while I watched one of the girls ride around on a fork lift doing nothing and then sit at the desk. She had the nerve to come in the next day and say how tired and sore she was.
>>
>>137014482

Lifting 90 poons yourself? Sounds like a violation of safety standards.
>>
>>137013039
Yea its time to stop my soul is filling up with too much anger and distrust.
>>
File: 1492495283588.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1492495283588.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>137014482
>She had the nerve to come in the next day and say how tired and sore she was.

I know exactly how she said it too. This is why they shouldn't be in the workplace. They're only really there so your supervisor can get sucked by them btw. You're just some useful cunt thrown into the mix
>>
>>137012151
no
>>
>>137013039
>put them back in the kitchen
that requires turning men into ATM machines for women, im not going back to the plantation
>>
>>137012151
compared to society of early 1900s, women get the political benefits of a man (owning property, voting, etc) AND the social benefits of being a woman (chivalry, not paying for dates, etc)

honestly they can shut the fuck up, they have more rights than men.
>paid less meme
honestly piss off its a straight up lie
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6aleKfM_AA
>>
this has got to be the stupidest fucking post ive ever seen. all of your idiotic leftist feminist claims are all bullshit. Back to the kitchen.
>>
>>137012151
Man I sure am glad this woman knows exactly what life is like for us men. How else would I know that all I have to do to make millions of dollars is cockily demand it from some wealthy employer?
>>
>>137012151
>The fact that men are paid more than women for doing the same or similar job is well-known.
the fact women perform worse at all jobs except emotional ones(working with kids, nurse etc.) and tits showing(cashier) is also well known
>>
>>137012151
that bitch is ugly retarded old and has an annoying spic accent
>>
Here is an example of men's work. That words I have typed is an example of what women's work looks like.
>>
>>137015425
Based...leaf??
>>
>>137013466
That's not exactly true. The only non-bogus wage gap research ever done demonstrated that high-end finance and corporate positions for women do have huge divides between salaries for women and men; I don't doubt a middle manager and an entry level HR employee who is female gets paid roughly the same as men with some variability, but CEOs and other upper management get paid significantly less in both the UK and the USA.

Nevertheless, I don't fucking care what CEOs get paid, because they're still filthy rich even if they're paid "less." Compared to the average person making minimum wage who fucking gives a shit?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.