[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SIG (self improvement general)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Hey /pol long time lurker here, who is also a developer building a self improvement web app.

Basically i come to you with a simple question...

Why is it important to improve yourself?

I sort of know the answer myself however i struggle to articulate it. I would say that the reason is that self improvement is the essence of man, in that change is the essence of the universe and it is up to man to decide wether this growth will be a positive or a negative one.

What do you think? would love anyone to expand or present their own ideas, upon this? and wether or not they would be interested in an app that allows them to track their personal development.

Going to bump with cliché motivational memes

Also what are you currently imprving about yourself? what are you working on?

currently

- running 2x a week, working out 3x a week, programming every night, and traveling one new country a month, meeting new people every week

- looking to start daily meditation, reading nightly, daily mobility
>>
This is a good idea for a thread OP, but /pol/ is notoriously finicky with these. Next time make the OP shorter and use a more appealing image
>>
File: merchant.png (78KB, 274x320px) Image search: [Google]
merchant.png
78KB, 274x320px
>>136969669
>Self improvement
Shut it down
>I confess that I am getting paid for all shill posts but sorry you cannot do anything about this.
Also,
Skip to last 1:30 min.
>>
>>136970262
https://vimeo.com/216993611
>>
>>136970262
fuck off paki
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Vg4uyYwEk
>>
>>136970650
>Paki calling me paki
>>
>>136969669

I've been a self-improvement obsessive for a long time now.

The big thing is not to get caught up too much on single aspects of your cultivation. It is easy to focus too much on say, fitness, and leave more important things lagging.
That said I do think fitness and nutrition are the absolute bedrock of all other self-improvement endeavours because they set up everything else to work properly.

If you're fit, muscled and lean you will have a much better time going forward in everything else you do; if you're eating properly likewise. You can spend years trying to get your head straight but if you're sitting on your ass and eating shit it is not physiologically going to happen.

What worked for me? A complete elimination of all grains and refined carbs. Fats and protein in good amounts from whole sources and low-moderate carb intake in the form of starchy tubers (sweet potatoes rock) and green veg mostly, with berries and more colourful veg also.

That one restriction made more difference to my state of mind, overall health and general contentment than anything else I've tried to do in my entire life.
Gains exploded, bodyfat dropped, skin and mind cleared up totally, energy levels steady as a rock, anxiety and unwarranted apprehension a thing of the past.
When you're satisfied on that fundamental level it is many times easier to start other good habits (reading, studying, exercising etc).

If you're not improving yourself, you're destroying yourself.
>>
>>136969669
>self improvement general
there is no self

namaste, faggots
>>
>>136971320
GO POO IN LOO PAJEET
>>
>>136970978
im Australian
>>
>>136971198
hey cheers, can i ask what do you eat day to day if not eating carbs? and did you cut them out completely or have some days where you ate them?

Also may i ask, can i ask you to expand upon if your not improving yourself you're destroying yourself?
>>
File: 1435404441230.jpg (192KB, 964x579px) Image search: [Google]
1435404441230.jpg
192KB, 964x579px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.