[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me that we aren't all equal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 1502459757682-561579536.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1502459757682-561579536.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
No religious arguments. "Muh Jesus made us all different" is not a valid argument.
>>
go for a walk
>>
>>136945715
my balls are bigger than you and all that you stand for.
>>
>>136945715
genetic differences.
like actual science says we're different
Equality is literally a social construct
>>
>>136945748
This. Go outside and take a look around.
>>
>>136945715
I'm not literally you. So we can't be equal
>>
>>136945851
Literally proves nothing as far as meaningful differences go.
>>
>>136945866
as soon as i posted i thought about paraplegics but that proves the point even more
>>
>>136945715
Only in slavery is everybody equal
>>
>>136945715
Define equal

Are we all the exact same?
>>
Cut welfare.
Then we'll talk about equality.
You might even be right. I'd like that.
Maybe third world IQs are a reflection of their politics.
(Give it three generations.)
>>
>>136945946
What do you find meaningful, people's favorite color? Favorite flavor of ice cream? Biological differences are the only meaningful differences.
>>
File: oCjEPfy.png (162KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
oCjEPfy.png
162KB, 1024x896px
>>
>>136945946
>t-that doesn't count
Whelp, thread over boys. He's already run out of arguments
>>
>>136945715
some people can laugh about things and some cant
>>
>>136946029
soon goy
>>
>>136945715

Prove to me we're not all the same height.
>>
If everyone is equal, then no one is.
>>
File: bixnood gene.jpg (801KB, 1136x2200px) Image search: [Google]
bixnood gene.jpg
801KB, 1136x2200px
>>136945715
>>
File: 1184266439930.jpg (47KB, 978x692px) Image search: [Google]
1184266439930.jpg
47KB, 978x692px
>>136945946
some people are living longer than others, are stronger and healthier and more intelligent; how's that for meaningful differences, you lunatic?
>>
>>136945715
put average man and average woman into wrestling pit or chess tournament and see the spirit of inequality
>>
>>136945715
Are you fucking retarded?
Are you equal to a guy who's smarter than you?
Are you equal to a guy who's better looking than you?
Are you equal to a guy who's stronger than you?
Etc etc etc
What a stupid thing to say.
If we were all equal we'd all look and think the exact same way. I don't think you know what the word equal means.
>>
>>136945715
Equality means there is no difference.

There are differences.

We aren't equal.
>>
We aren't equal because there are measurable differences between people, and many people have much more favourable characteristics than others.
>>
>>136945715
Different dog breeds. Dogs are the same species and mate with each other but have massive differences in size, agressiveness, behavior, and intelligence. The different races of people are different breeds and if we can accept that all breeds are not equal we must accept that a japanese person and a sub saharan african are vastly different organisms.
>>
>>136945715
Races are separated by thousands of years of reproductive isolation. It is a known fact that if you take two groups of any species and put them in different environments at a distance, long enough to not interbreed, there will be selective pressure (natural selection) to weed out bad genes, in order to adapt to said environment.

According to Darwin, even birds that lived on different islands had different kinds of beaks that helped them feed off that specific local island's vegetation. But somehow, despite over 40,000 years of reproductive isolation, every group is equal in every ability. To think these are the same people that push for evolution to be taught in schools when they outright deny reality themselves while mocking creationists is amazing.

Leftists don't get offended (and sometimes even outright accept) when a comment is made regarding the superior athletic ability of blacks or their prowess in social situations. They don't have an issue accepting these as having a genetic origin. But even remotely mention that whites might be more intelligent than blacks and suddenly you get called a racist and get told everyone is the same (If antifa doesn't lynch you on the spot).

James Watson, one of the biologists you probably learned about in school (helped discover the structure of DNA and won a Nobel Prize in Medicine) said this:

In an interview with the Sunday Times in October 2007, Professor Watson is quoted as saying he was “inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa” because “all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours – whereas all the testing says not really”.

He was utterly and completely derided and ostracized by the public and the media. There was never anyone who tried to disprove his claim or do anything other than label him a racist. Makes you wonder how pro-science and open minded leftists when they resort to ad hominem to stifle debate on these issues.
>>
File: McGregor-Nelson-Mountain.png (118KB, 730x380px) Image search: [Google]
McGregor-Nelson-Mountain.png
118KB, 730x380px
>>136945715
>>
>>136946693
Also relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAAbDzJhoD8
>>
>>136945715
I'm taller than you.
>>
>>136946161
Math is really flawed here.
>>
>>136946294
you are exactly one human size in height, width and girth
>>
>>136945715

Humans want a specific partner to breed with.

This alone forces society to be competitive, which leads to envy which leads to hate...
>>
>>136945715
We aren't. There is no equality in nature. There is only equality in law and with God.

Otherwise, the strongest prosper. The weakest perish.
>>
>>136945715
Ok, so what's equal? The way I see it there's a few possible definitions.

When people talk about "increasing inequality" what they're referring to is equality of outcome or equality of opportunity. Its pretty obvious our outcomes aren't equal and its just as obvious that we arent all presented equal opportunities.

You might say equality means 'biological equality". But this is bunk and we don't even need to discuss races or sexes to demonstrate it. All human traits are to some extent heritable, usually around 50%, which means that the traits that make up "you" are in large part the outcome of biology. A 130 iq straight white male and an 80 iq straight white male are not "equal" anymore than a 6'5 straight white male and a 5'5 straight white male are "equal". You could argue, absurdly, that maybe all the trait differences across two individuals "even out", but this is really grasping. We all know people who seem to be good at everything and we all know people who seem to be more or less useless.

Of course, group differences DO exist on average, just like individual differences.

Are people equal in social status, their position in the social hierarchy? Again, it should be obvious we aren't, and it should be relatively obvious that we CAN'T be. Some people are social climbers, some aren't. In the prehistoric past maybe group sizes were small enough that a sort of tribal communism was possible, but past a certain point groups are too big to not be hierarchical. And the way our brains work in social interactions suggests that even in evolutionary prehistory we were sorting ourselves into hierarchies; as Peterson loves saying, the dominance hierarchy is older than trees.
>>
>>136947623

So what other definition of equality is there? This is, I think, the big one: moral equality. Equality "before the law". This is what people ACTUALLY have in mind, usually, when they say equality, but they wind up conflating it with social or economic or biological equality, even though the latter three are clearly not real. And the logic goes, well, if moral equality is real, then its an injustice that economic/social inequality is real. But I leave this to you to respond to: how do you PROVE moral equality? How do you PROVE anything about morality?

Seems to me that morality is either "from God", or its an evolutionary adaptation to maintain group solidarity/stability. If its the former, perhaps God has deemed all humans of equal moral standing, perhaps he hasn't, you sort of need to know the mind of God to figure that one out. But you probably would think its the latter, so lets go with that. Morality is a evolutionary strategy, groups whose members behave morally outcompete groups whose members fuck eachother over. Well, great, but as we noted before, human groups organize hierarchically past a certain size limit. So within a family unit, for example, you might argue members are all equal; but its pretty clear in a society of thousands of people that equality is NOT how we function. Even "equality before the law" is a myth and everyone knows it; how exactly do you go about making that myth REAL?
>>
>>136947000
Is anon's size, height, width, and girth equal to every other human?
>>
>>136945946
Challenge a person with an extra 23rd chromosome to a game of checkers and see how wrong you are
>>
>>136945715
Are we equal?
No.
>>
>>136945715
the tall bastards rule manlets like cattle

we must destroy the lanklet; equality is only for our manlet brethren
>>
>>136945715
Jesus made us all different

/Thread
>>
>>136945715
White peoples brains are bigger, therefore they understand higher concepts like empathy and sacrifice more than other races.
>>
File: 1502149194625.jpg (82KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502149194625.jpg
82KB, 900x900px
>>136945715
If we were equal then white men wouldn't have conquered the world and there'd be no need for affirmative action.
>>
>>136945715
The burden of proof is on you. What do you mean equal? Equal height? Intelligence? Memory capacity?
>>
File: 1502390482996.jpg (3MB, 1665x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1502390482996.jpg
3MB, 1665x1268px
>>136945715
Equality in a sentence: everyone is equally good and you are bad if you don't agree.

It is an irrational position, OP.
>>
>>136945715
I'll let Alex Kurtagic do the talking:

https://www.counter-currents.com/2013/02/equality-a-justification-of-privilege-oppression-and-inhumanity/
>>
>>136945715
If you can't tell these two people apart, you're retarded.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.