[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can America and South Korea take North Korea conventionally?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 27

File: us_korean_war_map.png (701KB, 699x521px) Image search: [Google]
us_korean_war_map.png
701KB, 699x521px
North Korea still has at the most only 2-3 missiles with nukes mounted ready to go (and more likely 0).

What if SK and the US attacked the North conventionally? Would it work? Would the North falter?
>>
If that's good intel, please delete. Do not compromise nuclear proliferation.

>implying I'm not allowed to bootlick the deep state when nukes are involved
>>
No because China has to be little autistic attention whores again and said they will retailiate agaisnt the US.

They couldn't care less about NK, in fact their political relationship was so bad these last years that I thought they would be the ones initiating hostility but they kinda just started ignoring them.

But now that it's hot topic fucking china has to steal the stage like the fucking child their are.

''ROOK ROOK! WE CAN WORLDU PEACU TUU''

I fucking loath them. Their IQ scores are LIES. low IQ scums like the inbreeds sand niggers, or even real niggers.

NUKE THE GOOKS
>NUKE THE GOOKS
NUKE THE GOOKS
>NUKE THE GOOKS
NUKE THE GOOKS
>NUKE THE GOOKS
NUKE THE GOOKS
>NUKE THE GOOKS
NUKE THE GOOKS
>NUKE THE GOOKS
NUKE THE GOOKS
>NUKE THE GOOKS
>>
>>136926255
>No because China has to be little autistic attention whores again and said they will retailiate agaisnt the US.
I doubt it. Anything but a Chinese security council demanded meeting "calling on an end of hostilities" would be a big surprise.
>>
File: 1502430141194.jpg (202KB, 673x660px) Image search: [Google]
1502430141194.jpg
202KB, 673x660px
>>136926306
no seriously, they're inviting themselves in like an unwanted cock in a gangbang

it makes me physically cringe
>>
Listen this has been debated to death.

Yes the U.S. and SK could stomp NK, the fucking problem is that in almost every scenario, short of nuking the dmz, Seoul is most likely going to get blown the fuck out.

If those fucking plastic gooks decided to move their city, instead of letting it build up to be in the crossfire for almost 70 fucking years, NK would mostly been already taken care of with bush.
>>
>>136926475
How large is the blast radius of a tungsten rod? Would the liquefaction reach Seoul?
>>
>>136926475
>Seoul is most likely going to get blown the fuck out.
and why is that? Israel has a 95% chance of intercepting non-sophisticated missile attacks. SK should have the same systems in place.
>>
>>136926568
they could intercept /some/ ICMBS but not all
>>
>>136926255
Why would china aid north korea overtly?

Scenario 1:
Aid North Korea by joining the war on it's side
> Likely win land war in Korea, occupy south korea
> Get blockaded & bombed
> Economy rekt
> Possible internal revolution/civil war

Scenario 2:
Do nothing
> Relations with the US unchanged
> Economy remains largely unchanged
> US & Allies dictate peace terms to their best interests

Scenario 3:
Intervene against NK, aid the US
> Possibly occupy most of NK territory
> Peace terms favouring China's Interests
> Improve relations with the US
>>
>>136926616
How many nuclear mounted missiles do you think NK has? They may have like 10 nukes, but it is highly doubtful any are operationally mounted on missiles.
>>
>>136926695
just to be dicks.

literally.

They have this grandiose dream of taking the US place as the cultural leader of the world so anything they can do to just be dicks they will.

>>136926732
I recall a graphic showing they have around 70, like less than Pakistan, but they'll probably dump half their shit on SK
>>
>>136926564

U.S. is not stupid enough to use something like low orbital kinetic bombardment, which to my knowledge has little to no practical testing, along with revealing to a closely watching china we have non-nuclear WMD's. Not worth the risk.

>>136926568

There is estimated to be roughly 50-100,000 pieces of artillery batteries aimed at Seoul, this is not the same a limited missile attack. Were taking thousands upon thousands of shells.
>>
>>136926255
>No because China has to be little autistic attention whores again and said they will retailiate agaisnt the US.
It's all talk. The Chinese government would have to have a death wish to fight alongside North Korea. They're not going to risk a global conflict for half a peninsula that hates their guts. At the very most, they'd just supply arms, intel, and food to the North Koreans, but even that would be unlikely and wouldn't do much to defend an attack against North Korea. It's a bluff, and I hope Trump calls them on it.
>>
>>136926852
ok so no nuke or striker, what do you propose? A chopper five guys and a weaponized goat? Bin Laden Style?
>>
File: north-korea-artillery.png (3MB, 1480x1754px) Image search: [Google]
north-korea-artillery.png
3MB, 1480x1754px
>>136926568
North korea has thousands of conventional long range artillery zeroed on Seoul.

You can't counter that shit.

The estimated artillery barrage that can hit Seoul is about 300 000+ rounds per hour.

US & SK only option is to bomb the shit out of estimated artillery positions & go full blitzkrieg across the border so most artillery pieces within range of Seoul are captured or forced out of range by retreat.
>>
File: BNPYJG.jpg (1MB, 3736x2672px) Image search: [Google]
BNPYJG.jpg
1MB, 3736x2672px
>>136927383
That sounds like a Zap Branigan strategy, ''I'll just send wave after wave of my men in''

It's not effective, especially from a PR point of view. The public from both sides is still sensible from Iraq, I don't think they're ready for another proxy war.

The action needs to be swift and effective.

ITT: We make the battle plan
>>
>>136927383
Old chink shells. Old chink howitzers. Depends how operational they are.
>>
>>136926012
All depends on if other countries jump in if its just nk then yes
>>
>>136926986

US intelligence has been mapping out every conceivable piece of artillery for decades. What you're mostly likely going to see is a massive surgical strike aimed at taking out as much batteries across the DMZ as possible with B1b's, B2's, B52's, multiple strike aircraft, and Cruise Missile's if such an attack was made to limit the damage to Seoul as much as possible.

What the actions that are used next could be a number of things.

The problem, again, is even if we know were 80% of the batteries are stationed, the could still launch a massive salvo before it's destroyed, and even 10,000> pieces could do untold amounts of damage.

There is also the possibility to consider that any mass evacuation of Seoul before bombardment would be extremely hard to conceal without the Norks knowing, if not outright impossible. And the perceived evacuation of Seoul by the Norks might make them preemptively start shelling the targeted areas as they probably realize shit is about to go down and their getting bombed next.

I honestly don't see a situation where Seoul isn't fucked somehow majorly.
>>
File: 65161.gif (2MB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
65161.gif
2MB, 600x376px
>>136929055
Is it possible to coordinate the attack in a such a way that virtually all the targets are taken out at the same time and then evac? Casualties aren't going to be unavoidable, the best that can be done is minimalise them.
>>
>>136926475
This and China's a factor. The US and SK could absolutely annihilate NK with or without nuclear weapons.

We have cruise missiles. We have AWACS and ELINT. We have bombers and aircraft carriers. We have the US Navy, and we have the Air Force. We have all manner of thermobaric weapons the yield of which rivals tactical nukes, and we have modern conventional payloads that work perfectly well. NK has a tiny navy with mostly light attack boats that we could sink. The biggest threat would be subs, but they'd have to surface to scuba depth to get in range to hit us, and we could sink them then.

We could probably beat NK on its own even in a scenario where they try to nuke us and we don't try to nuke back. Even without establishing a beachead or doing a land invasion, we could probably rain fire down on NK and force them to retreat underground. The sheer technological advantage we enjoy is too great. They're working with Soviet tech from the early 90's.

China needs to have a reason to be neutral, though.
>>
>>136929055
This guy gets it.
>>
>>136926012
Just use napalm.
>>
>>136929245

>Is it possible to coordinate the attack in a such a way that virtually all the targets are taken out at the same time and then evac?

No, evac would mostly take precedent simultaneously if not before any major military action. The risk of loss of life is too high, no one wants that shit again.

The best you can get as far as I know would be naval assets stationed with the right coordinates ready to bomb the affected area on a moments notice. I assume the USN, USAF, and US intelligence have mapped this out already. Be wary that there is also untold amount of tunnels under the DMZ, Mountains in NK that are most likely holding and hiding more IRBM's, MRBMs, Artillery, and who knows what else that could be in any number of places, it would be hard short of nuclear strikes to destroy this outright, and a nuclear response might just give Kim Jung Un a reason to launch his own nukes at Seoul, and possibly area's around Japan, including US bases and territories. If he does infact have missile capable nukes.

I would do a prolonged evac of Seoul over time, maybe months if possible and see closely the Norks response, and if anything escalates do the full scale evacuation as US military and SK assets begin destroying the area.
>>
>>136930051
I know NK is shit but they surely have enough intel resource to see a fleet coming in no? Why not carpet bomb the place from submarines?
>>
>>136928291
Howitzers are fucking simple man theyd be operational even in a 100 years if cleaned properly
>>
>>136928160
So tell me how do you solve the artillery problem?

Would you do a nuclear first strike?

My strategy would not be "send wave after wave", it would be a quick and strong strategic push with heavily armed forces to encircle major pockets and cut them off from supplies. Basically Blitzkrieg style.

This spearhead would be lots of Tanks and APC's with attack helicopters and jet support right after bombers soften critical areas of resistance.

Regular ground troops would then deal with encircled troops while heavily armed troops would prepare for the next spearhead push and encirclement

Marine corps could conduct a naval invasion and open up an alternative frontline to pour forces into.

Special forces could conduct infrastructure sabotage.

Subs would blockade, destroyers would hunt for NK subs.

There is no question that NK can be defeated, the big problem here is how much would SK suffer to achieve victory.
>>
>>136929055

>Seoul evacuates
>NKorea attacks first

I think we mapped out the happening, folks
>>
>>136930196
>I know NK is shit but they surely have enough intel resource to see a fleet coming in no?

Yes, which is why it's imperative we have strike ready naval assets that have been/already in the area. We already have USN craft in the area already, the amount needed to attack the area is something I'm not sure of. You can actually track Naval vessels with many sites out their to a pretty good degree on the web, subs are not for obvious reasons.

>Why not carpet bomb the place from submarines?

Because attack subs, even though I assume would be involved to require nearly the amount VLS systems needed in places to take out Artillery positions across the DMZ. It would need to be a coordinated effort with Strike Aircraft and Destroyers that carry much more ordinance.
>>
>>136926012
There's a bigger chance of NK just nuking itself once the invasion begins.

It'll just be another Iran war if they don't, where the airforce shits all over them.
>>
>>136926695

Have a US military base on their border?
>>
File: nukes.jpg (41KB, 470x376px) Image search: [Google]
nukes.jpg
41KB, 470x376px
>>136926012
Has any of you idiotic fools stopped and asked:
>"What is in Guam?"

>>136687708
>>
>>136929055
Still think Seoul should evacuate asap right before real bombardment.

I mean once US bombers begin they are going to open up artillery anyway, with Seoul evacuating in advance you can maybe give their inhabitants a 30mins head start to head to safety

Maybe even more time if you pretend it's a civil defense exercise.
>>
everything you are told about the country is a lie. they could have thousands of nuclear weapons.
>>
>>136930605
>>136930704

You both have a similar strategy but it seems to rely on the presumption that NK won't be fast enough to make a move or won't start panicking the second they start noticing the moves.

that's why I was thinking nuke or tungsten first, just surprise them and leave them no time to react.

Speculatively speaking, do you think if King Gook get sniped the whole thing falls apart or will the generals keep on the fight?
>>
>>136930196
>Why not carpet bomb the place from submarines?
The amount of fuel to get submarines airborne is prohibitive.
>>
https://youtu.be/3WyrYBrOC1o
It would be a massacre
>>
>>136931016
Cutting off the head would be the best bet in my opinion. Shock and awe, then hopefully the nork army would probably surrender like the Iraqi one. A decisive strike is probably the best option.
>>
>>136930742
>"What is in Guam?"
The place where our bombers take off from.
>>
>>136930733
Like they already don't lol.

China is already caged in South China sea, with NK gone little changes.

Besides China knows it can likely strategically beat the US in a land war in Asia.

Ideally SK would simply become Korea and behave more like buffer state.
>>
>>136926255
Fuck China if they try
>>
File: 5bf.jpg (16KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
5bf.jpg
16KB, 480x318px
>>136931071
god damn straya we're trying here
>>
>>136931016
Are you aware of how many nukes you would need to make a nuclear first strike more successfully than a conventional military push?

>Use nukes to destroy most NK artillery at border to save Seoul
>Radiation from nukes reaches Seoul creating a disaster
>NK strategic assets are deployed, nuclear weapons could be deployed against SK or Japan
>>
>>136931335
Aren't there nukes that can destroy the entire Korean Peninsular in one blast?
>>
>>136930824

Of course I'm not saying we shouldn't even try, evacuations and shelters would take place regardless of the type of attack used. Its just the sheer number of ways Seoul can get fucked is hard to ignore. Saying something like New York to evac everyone in a 30min grace period before 200,000-300,000 shells start raining on them is hard to do.

My point is merely Seoul is going to take it up the ass whatever the outcome.

>Maybe even more time if you pretend it's a civil defense exercise.

Thought of this myself, but a exercise involving the evac and sheltering of the whole city, people would need time to prepare such an act, and the Norks might be smart enough especially with whats going on to start shelling anyway. They are not going to let that piece get away from them, is a major leverage position for them, and they know it.

>>136931016

>that's why I was thinking nuke or tungsten first, just surprise them and leave them no time to react.

Once you bring in Nuclear warfare, or orbital bombardment the whole situation changes. If there is a 25% chance they have nuke capable assets that could target, SK, Japan, US bases, or even the Mainland, they would use it at this point.

>Speculatively speaking, do you think if King Gook get sniped the whole thing falls apart or will the generals keep on the fight?

Even if you somehow pulled this off, no one knows the internal power struggle in NK, it's been theorized forever. Un killed his uncle, none of the Generals seemed to protest, which isn't a great sign. There is a possibility they are crazier than him.
>>
>>136930605
Modern blitzkrieg. Cruise missiles/orbital bombardment with bombers and multirole aircraft (midair refueling) following behind. TRIDENT the living shit out of them. Ground invasion and naval spearhead follow after a massive first strike.
>>
>>136931335
What about low tactical yield like these you see at 2:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhaiWVe0zac
>>
>>136931410
something like a tsar bomb I guess but then again you'd be fucking up SK side too
>>
>>136931410

Dude, detonating something like a Tsar bomb would have untold consequences if used on NK. I don't think China would be too happy with massive nuclear explosions happening right on their door step.
>>
File: 1656.png (58KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
1656.png
58KB, 500x428px
It seems like no matter what, thousands of innocents are going to get hit.

Damn it, does this rat really has the perfect stalemate?
>>
>>136926568
That's why they got shelled by Norks a few years back right?
>>
>>136931410
See the size of the affected area if the largest nuke US has on it's arsenal was used on Pyongyang
>>
>>136931909
Really? Are you sure? That blast radius is laughable...

Does it include the fallout?
>>
>>136931909
Interdasting, did only the Russians bother with flashy ones?
>>
>>136932054
Well, it's named ''tsar'' for a reason anon
>>
>>136931072
Binkov's Battleground is great but any real world scenario would involve South Korea and that massively changes outcome. There is a big difference between an amphibious landing from the ocean with poor resupply vs. docking in Pusan and taking highways north.

In the event that N. Korea did attack first and attacked the U.S. that would also activate the U.S-Japan Mutual Self-Defense Pact bringing Japan into the war. While Japan's army isn't really worthwhile it's presence as an unsinkable aircraft carrier and it's significant naval presence would be important.
>>
>>136932034
>>136932054
If the biggest nuke in history was dropped on NK capital with nuclear fallout. (Notice on how Russia would be pissed off)

The thing is NK could deal with the fallout area and still be able to retaliate.

Nukes have to be used in large quantities to completely destroy NK and the radiactive fallout for China, Russia, SK & Japan would be just too much for their comfort.
>>
>>136932054
yup, only Russia bothered getting the super heavy largest ones. For the purposes of "Eliminate enough enemy core cities", "eliminate enemy logistics bases, airfields, military capacity etc", and "Eliminate enemy nuclear silo's before they launch" our current nukes due the job just fine. There isn't really a need to make them bigger. Better at that point to have more of them as make it harder to shot down each and every one of them.
>>
>>136932329
Well... Do we really care about Vladivostok?

jk...
>>
>>136932054
The idea in a nuclear war would be to take out the other sides missile silos before they can fire, then airfields and military bases. Just using the biggest you can would end up killing you too through nuclear winter.
The US missiles were more accurate, so the blast radius could be smaller. The Russian ones weren't that accurate, so they had to be bigger. (if they're accurate to 1km, you need a 1km blast radius, if they're accurate to 10km you need a 10km blast radius).
But you also had a few big ones for retaliation/deterrence.
>>
America has waited too long and has nothing to gain from any change to the status quo in the Korean peninsula.

Scenario 1: no change
America wants to change this situation because it's very expensive. It requires being favourable in deals with China, so that China continues to at least ostensibly work in American interests to keep North Korea on a leash. The problem here is, the calculus has changed somewhat; China can't seem to keep Kim Jong Un under its thumb as well as it exerted control of his predecessors, and China also stands to gain by the continued existence of a Korean quagmire that causes the US to treat them more favourably than they otherwise might, causes the US to spend a lot of money on strategic defences in the region they'd otherwise be able to spend on other interests, etc. The status quo is a money drain for the Americans. China loves that because it fucks the Americans, North Korea loves it because they get to exist and continually play countries against each other to get appeasement cash, and South Korea's alright with the status quo because Seoul is still in one piece, and they don't have to deal with an influx of unskilled refugees who would be more of a burden on their economy than any benefit from cheap labour would merit.

Scenario 2: America strikes first
Worst possible option for the Americans. This would stir up anti-American sentiment in China, North Koreans whose wariness of American imperialism is now 100% confirmed, and the South Koreans, who lose Seoul in a retaliatory strike, and have a bunch of anti-American refugees flooding their country. This makes it that much easier for China to convince South Korea to align their interests with theirs, vs. the bellicose Americans whose recklessness has now put them in a wartime scenario. If America strikes first, China wins the Korean peninsula.

(1/2)
>>
>>136931770

Blame the damn plastic gooks for being pacifist cunts and building up their capital city for 70 fucking years right in the crosshairs of being glassed by the Norks at a moments notice and pretending is not a big deal, as they have shoved aside the issue and gave America the problem to deal with. All while giving us the finger as we have wanted to install systems like THAAD in place to minimize the risk. But they keep backing down and saying no. Now they have nukes and ICBM's they are starting to actually shit their pants even though we've been warning them for decades. I saw a SK survey that's been posted on here saying how much they hate US military, and how a lot would "side" with NK all because the occasional drunken plastic SK whore decides to take one up the ass by some US military guy screams rape to save her honor from being the white equivalent of a coal burner, but now shit is happening they are looking to the US again for answers.

I'm almost to the point to where I say "fuck it, you made your bed, now lay in it" type of mentality. Keep ignoring the issue and pretending everything going to be fucking kumbaya at some point and this is what you eventually get. You think people would have learned with Chamberlain.
>>
>>136931909
You didn't include the fallout. The blast won't be a problem. Fallouts the bitch. When Chernobyl happened (nuclear reactor meltdown) farmers in Europe trew away their harvest because of fallout. The wind and the sea carries it and in every case an ally would be hit by fallout, ruining land economy and lives.
>>
>>136932434
Also, the fallout can go in any direction. It depends on the wind.
>>
>>136932434
>>>136932329
>Well... Do we really care about Vladivostok?
>jk...
They care. And they have nukes too. They might drop one in the ocean near the US to return the favor
>>
>>136932545
Scenario 3: North Korea does something stupid and strikes first
Inspires a retaliatory strike by the Americans. Up until recently, this was actually a "win" scenario for the Americans, because while it entails having to invade North Korea and do a full-fledged war, it meant popular support, acting as a defence force for the South Koreans (and so remaining in their graces), and with justified causus belli, there's a chance to 'win over' the North Koreans.

What has happened now is that – and China might've even consciously let this happen; there's no doubt they aided the North Korean nuclear program, is there? – North Korea has become nuclear capable. This affords them limited defensive capabilities, and timed/pointed correctly, a North Korean nuke would let them take out a major portion of an invading force. The fact America can "nuke the shit out of North Korea" is really an all-or-nothing scenario. America either sincerely does nuke every last inch of North Korea out of existence, and execute an unprecedented loss of life that changes global geopolitics from that point on for good, or it enters an unpopular war that starts very poorly for them, i.e. North Korea is now the 'powder keg' it was always mythologised to be. South Korea does not want this scenario to happen because it fucks them. America doesn't want it because it's walking into a trap. China has everything to gain from the continued threat of this scenario coming to fruition, and actually, if it did happen, has a game plan to win the Korean peninsula. They are quite likely to covertly support anti-American efforts during a new Korean war.

(2/2)
>>
File: 651.gif (54KB, 311x200px) Image search: [Google]
651.gif
54KB, 311x200px
So no nuke because fallout+PR nightmare.
No kinetic bombardment because China is watching.
Not enough time to send a coordinated airstrike without Seoul getting ass gapped.

What option do we have left...
>>
Nukemap with 14 US high yield nukes on major population centers + favourable fallout (not towards SK or China
>>
>>136932967
Commit to full scale modern blitzkrieg or get used to NK being a nuclear power
>>
>>136933030
oh god no no no no, bad, real bad
>>
DEVGRU should handle this...
>>
>>136932967
Golf off. Winner takes all. Why do think Trump has been training so hard?
>>
>>136933077
again Seoul gets it in the ass, you just don't have time mate, there /will/ shell raining, as prqER0A0 said, even if we know 80% of their silo there is some hidden in the mountains that will fire back
>>
>>136926827
>I recall a graphic showing they have around 70
All intel says they have at the most 10, probably less. But they are mostly airforce bomb material. As i said, it is doubtful there are any operational nukes on missiles at all at the moment.
>>
>>136933248
I'd say they're operational, probably just not armed
>>
>>136927383
>North korea has thousands of conventional long range artillery zeroed on Seoul.
>You can't counter that shit.
What are cellars? What are pre-emptive strikes against artillery? Like 2,000 tomahawks and 2500 aircraft bombing the crap out of the North's close to the border capabilities.
>>
Hi guys I work for the Australian PACMAN Radar as the people in the Skykang generals call it, you know the one that makes the wakawaka over the horizon sweep noises?
AMA about NK or SK, shit is getting heated.
I have plans ontop of plans out my ass.
>>
>>136933376

What's it like to touch boobs?
>>
>>136933376
Do you drop your pants to your ankles when you piss like a true Chad?
>>
>>136933437
bag of salt and milk
>>
>>136933437
Nothing special.
Little underwhelming.
Girls don't seem to like it mostly?
Maybe it's just small ones or ones with supports I dunno.
>>136933503
Of course, I also leak flight response plans regularly for no reason.
It's considered treason.
>>
>>136933214
Seoul getting ass raped is part of the cost of defeating NK.
>>
>>136933376
>>136932967

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILcVt9p7cug
Can this stop artillery?
>>
>>136933633
It seems unavoidable isnt it..
>>
>>136933633

South Korean men will be forged anew by fire.
>>
>>136933673
Anyone familiar with Neutron bombs?
>>
Any chance NK is luring us in for a trap set by china. Isn't it possible they have a war chest and a shitload of off book advanced weaponry? Something about this whole situation seems a little silly.
>>
>>136926012
USA lost every war they fought on foreign soil.
>>
>>136933640
It can stop some of it but it wont stop all 100,000 shells

casualties are unavoidable at this point...
>>
>>136933640
Yes you fucking dit.
It can stop anything short of a HE round probably.
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 193x200px
>>136926012
How the fuck is Japan ok with NK sending their missiles over their country? I would be shit scared with just the notion of a nuclear warhead flying over my head.
>>
>>136926012
Who cares about conventional? I love how you idiots actually think we wouldn't nuke them.
>protip: WE WILL
>>
>>136933728
Do you still have those?
>>
>>136933765
and yet we're still more powerful than you.
>>
>>136933640

So I was in the US Navy for a while. Our phalanx on the ship couldn't hit shit. Even when they guys were deliberately targeting some floaty in the water, we couldn't hit it the first few tries.
>>
>>136933350
> Like 2,000 tomahawks and 2500 aircraft bombing the crap out of the North's close to the border capabilities.

Not enough, 100 tomahawks couldn't even destroy an airfield in Syria let alone 12 000 artillery guns spread-out throughout the mountains & forest areas (some are hidden and fortified against air attacks)

If the US commits to only airstrikes/artillery to destroy NK artillery, it would take at least a week to reduce NK firepower to something more manageable.

My point is that, if you are going to war with NK, you have to go full bomb & blitzkrieg to minimize damage to SK (which is still going to happen)
>>
SK can not support the influx of refugees from NK. It would disrpurt the economy. This is the common knowledge to average person in SK. NK is a pimple waiting to be popped. Its already in the plans. NK refugees are going to serve the same purpose in Japan and CO as our muslim friends in the west. Does pol not already know this?
>>
Okay I'm gonna leak those Australian NK response plans.
>>
>>136926012
>Can America and South Korea take North Korea conventionally?
Yes, but at too high a cost. North Korea is willing to sacrifice everything, and that's why nobody attacks them.
>>
>>136933836
I don't see why we wouldn't/shouldn't https://youtu.be/UbLs7ruUtDY?t=50s
>>
>>136933870
>Navy can't into tight cone guns.
Not surprised senpai.
Heard you guys like the splatters messy.
>>
>>136926012
What if america minded its own goddamn business?
>>
>>136933708
>https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136483426/
But will it kill?
>>
>>136933944
>North Korea is willing to sacrifice everything
doubt it
>>
>>136926012
20000 artillery pieces pointing at the south. Conventional won't do it and the NORKS know it.
>>
>>136926012
Yes America can win the war conventionally but it will be the bloodiest conflict since WW2 because this is like the invasion of Japan durin WW2. The Norks are dug in and have fanaticism for their soldiers and civilians. The human cost for both sides will be high.

https://youtu.be/M6A5nvhdkas

Mattis realizes how much of a shit conflict it will be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WyrYBrOC1o
>>
>>136934076
>I didnt read the thread: the post
>>
>>136926012
Probably but the norks could still fuck up seoul during the first minutes to retaliate
They got a shit ton of katyushas
>>
Why don't you just gas them?
>>
>>136933824
They are not capable of putting nukes into the missiles yet, but they aren't far off from being able to do that either.

Their tests are purely to test their ballistic missiles launch, flight and targeting.
>>
People buying into (((their))) narrative so we can implement one of the final 2 Rothschild central banks....gay. and nukes are fake like everything else. This thread is dumb.
>>
>>136926012
north korea defeated russia . i doubt america can do anything but die but they are welcome to try

i would expect the united states to resort to nukes then be nuked

china shot a object out of the air the size of a bread box that russia fired at china in a test that was going 7 times the speed of sound

i dont think a america nuke can touch china and emps are overhyped bullshit. detonated at ground level nothing happened to neighboring cities in japan. no power outages. it would radiate out in all directions. the only reason they talk about doing it in the air is max coverage. the more it expands the weaker it gets. it doesnt gain strength as it grows to equal the same effect but covering a larger area and the emp isnt magic. the electro magnetic pulse is made of stuff not a intangible force. its not god
>>
>>136934232
Oh sure let me just grab my giant glass dome from the Simpsons and put it over Pyongyang
>>
Frank Burns: It's the way these yellow devils think. It's burned into their brains. Kill Americans, kill, kill. They don't respect human life the way we do. I'd like to take him out and shoot him.
>>
>>136933898
Why the fuck would you accept refugees from your ENEMY!?

Thats super cucked and can destroy your war efforts.

I didn't see Britain take in german refugees after bombing their fucking cities.
>>
>>136934343
yeah, that's... the spirit of the thread friend
>>
>>136933918
Guys I could die for this 1984.
Klaxon klaxon klaxon skykang level shit.
Help me, contact Alex Jones, please.
Please.
>>
>>136934298
Don't use that weak shit. I'm sure the US army has shit that kills instantaneously in low concentrations.
>>
There is an upside to this guys. Starcraft players will finally have a chance at the top 10 worldwide if shit goes down.
>>
>>136934388
They're the same people. You do realize some families are still separated by the DMZ.
>>
>>136934420
you need more selenium

>>136934445
yeah and then the world watch the US use chemical weapon on farmers? Bad PR mate
>>
>>136934454
Barron trump's endgame this whole time
>>
File: 1502034099336.png (96KB, 382x491px) Image search: [Google]
1502034099336.png
96KB, 382x491px
>>136934295
>>
>>136934445
The Norks are more like to gas Seoul and you're forgetting that gas is an obsolete strategy that is at the mercy of the wind. plus North Korean troops will have gas masks putting a wrench in your entire plan.
>>
>>136934074
Yes it can, if you push 20-30km into north korea borders and encircled troops/artillery run out of ammunition eventually if they aren't detected and bombed already.

NK has an excellent strategic position considering their resources. If the US backs down due to the involved costs, then NK goes full nuclear power and ensures their regime is untouchable from the outside essentially winning the game for them.
>>
>>136934501
The weak should fear the strong.
>>
>>136934388
I dunno go visit Korea and speak to a Korean. Watch some Korean TV. They view them as thier brothers and sisters not enemy. The war is an America/Russia thing. They don't take the yearly threats seriously and always send aide to thier brothers and sisters without fail. Koreans are woke they know whats going on.

What does Germany have to do with the price of rice on a sunday? This is all orchestrated.
>>
File: 465.jpg (253KB, 2254x1691px) Image search: [Google]
465.jpg
253KB, 2254x1691px
fuck it, let's weaponize Denis Rodman
>>
>>136926852
This seoul is so close that literal spam of conventional arty will raze it.

Check photos of Warsaw after WWII, this would be seoul now.
>>
>>136934758
Give him ebola, send him in to deescalate the situation.
>>
Itd be interesting to see what kind of all out blitzkrieg US could unleash on NK, the US probably has the most money spent on it in human history, i think they would conduct the kind of rapid industrial technological warfare so powerful it would make hitler go home and start wearing womens clothes if he were alive to witness it.
>>
>>136934828
bueno
>>
>>136934758
>sickle cell and aids is not enough
>>
>>136934828
You might be onto something here burger. The US government should have a stealth bomber (or something stealthy) unleash smallpox throughout North Korea. The problem will solve itself.
>>
What would happen if we simply assasinated Kim?
Would they just retaliate after we killed their noble leader? Would they know what to do? Would they feel liberated?
>>
>>136935035
No they're fanatical all you would do is create a power vacuum for the next general or politician.
>>
>>136935035
I asked the exact same question

but you'd know that if you'd read the thread
>>
>>136934891
The problem it's that the terrain favours NK alot. It's hard to blitzkrieg across mountain chokepoints.

If the US pulls this off like desert storm in the 90's it will be impressive as fuck. It will easily send a message that it's still the undisputed military power in terms of quality.

Also SK army is no pushover, they seem like they are able to take on NK by themselves. (heavy losses ofc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5vEahhAdI
>>
>>136935134
Is parachuting troops an option? Like after the first strike?
>>
>>136935034
They are really isolated. It does seem like a sick "tourist" could do a lot of damage.
>>
>>136926932
this is the only option and therefore solution
>>
>>136926012
it would take years
>>
>>136931148
They aren't your bombers, they're the US governments bombers.
>>
>>136935228
Why paratroop troops into mountainous terrain flooded with MANPADs, It will be hard to establish a line of supply and you will just end up getting light infantry encircled by the norks. The only reason to use paratroopers is if you want to capture something strategic and can get frontline divisions to them ASAP.
>>
>>136935550
Not in the mountains dude, that would be useless, I mean it as a way to avoid the difficult terrain precisely
>>
>>136935298
I mean like spraying it all over a city.
>>
File: 1502451365194.png (35KB, 580x107px) Image search: [Google]
1502451365194.png
35KB, 580x107px
He's taking notes...
>>
>>136931909
1.2megatons

tsar bomb is 50 megatons of TNT
>>
>>136935228
Yes but they need to get help from the mainforce about 1-2 days after they parachute in NK, otherwise NK can simply encircle them and wipe them all out.

Parachuting troops behind enemy lines is only viable when you are also attacking the enemy head on with your main army.
>>
>>136926012
Learn a lesson from Sherman.
Wars are not won by winning battles. They are won by completely obliderating your enemies ability to conduct war. This is the theory of terrorism, they know they cannot defeat us in battle but they can try and eliminate our will to fight.

But as You can see, America will always have the will to fight. So there's no chance in hell N.Korea could win. We would destroy them before they could destroy us
>>
>>136935843
that's why I said after the first strike

blow up their artillery, blitz, and paratroop
>>
>>136935706
Seed a cloud with some kind of virus in it?
>>
>>136926255
China doesn't want the US to bomb NK and then build US bases there, which is what will happen. China is annoyed af with US-controlled guam as it is.
>>
>>136935998
I imagine you can probably just spray the virus like insecticide. Smallpox is a good idea because the US has lots of vaccine stores for it.
>>
>>136929055
No choice but to shock and awe them.
Send in some spec ops forces to hit communications and leadership targets to incite pandemonium. Sabotage heavy weaponry/defense if possible. By the time the Norks are locked and loaded, B-2s are dropping massive payloads all over artillery positions and naval bombardments/cruise missiles are completely let loose. Drones are carefully tracking the Nork's pathetic mobile missile carriers and blowing them the fuck up right before launch; just to fuck with them of course. Pull up with the aircraft carrier and deploy. They would be fucked.
Occupation would be the shit part. Everyone knows the gooks' natural perk is their ability to burrow. I wouldn't be surprised if North Korea has a whole underground military facility or city type of system. This is where nerve gas would be perfect; but alas, we will have to send in the blacks and spic infantry to smoke them out. Could also be the part where Japs either re enter their natural underground habitat with infantry or send a wave of robots.
>>
>>136936119
China is caged in the south china sea
> Japan being under US protection and with active US military bases
> South Korea (US ally and with US military bases)
> Taiwan (Hates china, will join US)
> Guam
> Phillipines (Has a formal military pact with US)
> Vietnam (Hates china, will join the US)

Adding a few US bases to NK wouldn't make things much strategically worse than it already is.
>>
Pyonang doesn't look that far from coast i think maybe a giant amphibious invasion would be a possible option, with the 2 combined airforces + drones and satellites they'd probably be able to put a bomb on anything that moved within a 100k radius of the coast.

But they could also risk losing a carrier group if the norks launch a sneaky missile out into the ocean
>>
>>136935772
Jesus fuck its real. I think this war might actually happen holy shit
>>
>>136936464
The norks will most definitely go for the carriers with their subs & artillery.

The manpower and firepower NK has is absolutely insane (luckily not very advanced), amphibious invasion would have to be the biggest ever conducted in order to be successful.

Casualties would be high too.
>>
File: ln06a.gif (85KB, 756x445px) Image search: [Google]
ln06a.gif
85KB, 756x445px
>>136936464
by the time you're there King Gook has fled to his own personal tunnel
>>
Could the is take it? Yes
Would NK light up downtown Seoul with with conventional artillery and possibly nuclear weapons the second they thought it was going down? Yes

There's so much hardware pointed directly at the city it would probably become a giant pile of rubble.

They might also try to do something crazy like nuke Tokyo
>>
>>136936455
Don't forget that they are already engaging in border standoffs and saber rattling with India; a nation that vastly prefers the U.S. over China. It doesn't matter, though. If China and the U.S. engage, all of the aforementioned countries will be involved. Which also means Iran, Russia, EU will be involved aka WW3. I'm sure Israel will be fine though, as we will defend them from Iran as they monitor their holy sites.
>>
>>136935772
? Military solutions have always been in place. It's not like there weren't any and he ordered it to be implemented
>>
>>136937167

Why do you think the Norks are some crazy efficient war machine when America spends more on defense than all other countries combined per year?
>>
>>136937167
Can't we blow ICBMs out of the sky?
>>
>>136936665
Yeah i think with the potential of massive casualties and the risk of losing entire navy groups i could honestly see nuclear options on the table to make sure its as swift as possible
>>
>>136926012
regarding pic:
south of north Korea is well guard by system of fortresses and artillery in mountains. Not that USA would not have resources to brute force it, but it wont brute force it, because unnecessary loses. And taking it slowly by bombing it all first would just give them time to mobilize all call china in or something.
Better would be deployment from east and west. and then cut out barricaded south from rest of korea.
>>
>>136926255
its because china needs a buffer zone to american allies u fucking ingorant potato
>>
>>136926421
they are nk's ally..
and china isnt doing anything bAD
>>
>>136926012
>What if SK and the US attacked the North conventionally?
we don't need to do that, we can send a carrier group and drone every living thing in the country inside 3 days
>>
>>136930824
Lol you think NK won't find out from China that they're evacuating? And Seoul is as populated as London or New York City, how and where do you evacuate them to?
>>
>>136926255
>said they will retailiate agaisnt the US.
they'll stop manufacturing garbage for us to buy? please hurry up and retaliate
>>
>>136926695
indeed china could wait until nk have used all of their missiles and then run over them
>>
>>136926475
Honestly, Seoul is a massive world economy onto itself.
They live 35 miles from the border of NK.
Why do they not have fortification, bunkers, evac plans, etc...
They must have realized this day would come.
They are like the chick who always forgets her period is coming, has no tampon handy.
>>
>>136926012
Those nukes have little chance of actually being fired.
>>
>>136926695
>Scenario 3:
>Intervene against NK, aid the US

Biggest downside is they lose their buffered proxy arm
>>
>>136937913

The only redeemable part of having served and fought in wartime is that I get to read comments like this from CoD military experts.
>>
News alert China just said it will join North Korea if America strikes first. This really ties up our strategic options. All we can do now is just sit and wait unless Trump wants to start WW3.
http://archive.is/ZuPzY
>>
>>136937310
Yes but it's not 100% reliable, i heard it was about 80%, don't remember where i heard that.
>>
They have a large army and very cheap easy to manufacture weapons.

Though the Yanks would absolutely decimate them with air power.

Shock and Awe, hosiptals, utilities, schools, farmland BOOM BOOM BOOM.

The real problem with NK isn't NK at all, its China.

A war between China and America will fuck us all, economically.
>>
>>136932162
Japan has the 7th strongest military and they are strictly defensive

Imagine them on samurai mode
>>
>>136937288
I don't know how feasibly they could nuke Seoul or Tokyo, but I think they have the basic military ability to aim their conventional shells at Seoul and fire at will until they are destroyed. And I don't know of any way they could stop or intercept those shells
>>
File: 1497209090742.jpg (3MB, 2800x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1497209090742.jpg
3MB, 2800x1232px
>>136931770
>only thousands
>>
>>136929055
there aren't enough drones or aircraft in the US arsenal to eliminate all those artillery batteries in any meaningful amount of time.
>>
>>136937466
this. tactical nukes will be used.
>>
If we can't buy out the North Koreans, better to nuke them. That nation is a tool of people who shouldn't be in power. The best kill is overkill. We nuked Japan, and now we're friendly. If we nuke North Korea, there will only be one Korea afterwards.
>>
>>136937914
Hence why i said 30 mins head start, i don't think NK would be firing at SK under 30mins of a mass civil defense action in Seoul.

The quickest you can evacuate them to is underground bunkers in Seoul, if seoul doens't have them they failed hard as a nation.

>Be South Korea
>Border with country whom you fought a brutal civil war with fairly recently
>War technically not over
>Get threats all the time from NK
>Still have capital near border
>Doesn't have bunkers/shelters built in the capital
>>
>>136926012
just unleash the jews upon them. Their entire culture will be wiped out overnight. They will just stare zombielike at the shiny new cell phones telling them what to think and always reminding them to 'click that link' like good goyim.
>>
>>136938797
>there will only be one Korea afterwards.
> thinking China will allow a military US ally on their border
>>
>>136938143
But still get the most proftiable result of all scenarios.

> Get good relations with US
> Get NK minerals
> Get NK mountains as buffer (China could annex part of NK in peace agreement)
>>
>>136938390
Part of me wants Trump to call their bluff
>>
>>136938824
This megacity is the largest city proper in the developed world and the Seoul Capital Area is the second largest metropolitan in the world with more than 25.6 million people, which is half of all the residents in the country. The estimated population within the city limits for 2016 is 10.29 million.

How many could you evacuate in 30 minutes?
>>
>>136939418
Half a million at best
>>
>>136936455
Well with NK, we would be right on their asses. We could roll tanks right in if we wanted to. Strategically, NK's location actually makes a world of difference.
>>
>>136926255
CHING CHONG EYES
MAKES ME PUKE
SAVE A DOG
NUKE THE GOOK
>>
It's amazing to read this thread with fucking retarded americans talking about gambling with millions of human lives just like that.

I really wish some day it will be them who have to fear for the entire destruction of their country and genocide of its people. They have managed to participate in every war from the comfort of their continent without having to worry about their land while Europe, Asia and Africa have suffered immensely.

A full blown war on American soil is really what this century needs. The perfect comeuppance.
>>
>>136939609
I think it would be less if they didn't practice and drill so it wasn't a complete clusterfuck. That just increases the likelihood NK starts to think something is up
>>
>>136938906
I keep hearing this line
>never allow us military on its border
But isn't there like a bunch of countries already with us military on its border
>vietnam, thailand, myanmar, india, pakistan, afghanistan, kazakhstan, kyrgyzstan

On top of that, chinks already travel like none other. So to suggest ideology as a factor makes no sense too.
>>
>>136939811
Don't worry kim, there's plenty of you gooks to go around
>>
>>136939418
Do what the bongs did
Hide in the tubes
>>
>>136926306
They did the first time tho.
>>
>>136939692
Yes you could attempt an invasion of china but unless your country's military was run by competent people it would never do that.

>US cannot defeat China in a land war in CHINA
>If US invades Chinese territory, China will use their nuclear weapons.
>>
>>136940019
thailand doesnt border china faggot
>>
>>136926012
Of course they would.
The death toll would be fucking massive, but they would win in the end.
>>
>>136926695
> Likely win land war in Korea, occupy south korea
> Get blockaded & bombed
> Economy rekt
> Possible internal revolution/civil war

Didn't happen in Korean war. Won't happen now. It will probably return to status quo.
>>
>>136940617
Laos is not a country, fag - functionally resembles somalia
There is a thailand yunnan border crossing industry
>>
>>136939418
I thought about the evacuation as well then looked it up and holy shit yeah it is huge, 9 million people would need around 300,000 buses, thats like half the amount of men the entire army group south had during barbarossa just in busses lol
>>
>>136940957
>implying that laos is thai territory
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>136936740
How did they find him, did someone snitch?
>>
Are we so sure the death toll would be so big? I would have thought once NK is being bombed and steamrolled their fear-kept military will start surrendering in drones like the Iraqis.

NK's only asset is its military personnel numbers. I've heard their equipment is old and dated and their land is not exactly mountaineous Afgan terrain.
>>
North Korea has submarines given to them by the Soviets.

The submarines have SLBMs.

There are likely many more than 3
>>
>>136940922
Are you seriously comparing 1950's China to China now?

China in 1950
> Recovering from decades of war in homeland (both against japan & civil war)
> No industrialized economy
> Outdated military equipment and tactics
> Economy didn't depend on exports to survive
>>
>>136941373
It could be one of the greatest psy ops of all time, surrender to us forces now and have a warm bed, tv and steak every night.

The only problem is NK will most certainly start executing families of deserting soldiers.
>>
>>136941373
No. They have nothing to live for. They will fight and die happily. Plus, most deaths will happen within hours. There will be lots of death my man.
>>
>Yes.
After a mass bombing campaign and blockade of all Chinese food aid, the NK army could be starved to death.
>>
>>136941113
>un flag
>not knowing what happens in shitholes
>for shame
>read the news for once
China, cambodia and other neighbours are all over laos
China troops are in laos, for quite some time already
The laos government's sphere of influence is less than the country's borders - like in somalia/ yemen
>>
>>136941580
NK would go full Soviet Union in WW2.

Kim Jong Un will behave like Stalin and issue Order No. 227
>>
>>136941373
I'm pretty sure the north has extensive tunnel systems that we'd have to deal with
>>
If America and South Korea attack North Korea, Seoul becomes a crater, millions of Koreans and potentially tens of thousands of US troops die immediately in the first few hours.

There is no way to prevent the conventional saturation of Seoul.

Look at satellite imaging of North Korean cities, they are designed to necessarily funnel any invader into fire corridors.

The US and its allies would be facing actual warfare against an enemy that is at least somewhat capable of actually defending itself, There would be heavy casualties.

They absolutely could crush North Korea conventionally, they could do so by see without putting one single pair of boots into North Korea, or risking one single plane.

But it would be far more expensive then any conflict post ww2.

North Korea has Seoul as a hostage before. Now, they still have Seoul, and are potentially an actual player in M.A.D.

Attacking them is retarded, there is no good outcome.

Nobody's going to do this, it's just sabre rattling.

Norks will be reformed through coca-cola and bluejeans, just like the Soviets, It's simply going to take longer due to their small size and ease of isolation.
>>
>>136926012
>North Korea still has at the most only 2-3 missiles with nukes mounted ready to go (and more likely 0).

we don't know that

we have zero intel coming from NK

Their MIRV tipped ICBM was a total surprise.
>>
>>136926012
Yes they can. They'll have absolute air superiority after the first 24 hours. It'll basically be desert storm 2: mountainous boogaloo, but with heavier casualties because of the portion of norkchinks that are non-ironically fanatic. They'll take like a week for the Pyongyang lowlands and another 3-4 for the Hamhung/Chongjin and the mountain in the north.
>>
>>136942635
>we have zero intel coming from NK

500 CIA operatives in NK - uh no, we got no intel.

Wake up, brown man.
>>
>>136926012
>What if SK and the US attacked the North conventionally? Would it work? Would the North falter?

No, are you fuckin stupid.

Taking North Korea conventionally didn't work 60 years ago and China stepped in to stop US forces reaching its border

Since then NK has had 60 years to prepare for conventional warfare against the South and allies. They're dug in hard. China will also not let American troops roll up to its border without a buffer state.

It's not possible.
>>
>>136926475
Sorry I don't know much but what about this thing called MOAB? Can't they just fire one or two on the NK side of DMZ?
>>
>>136926695
I think the China thing is a meme. China has only two friends across the entire earth- Pakistan and North Korea.

Everybody else hates them. And with Trump in US, everyone is raring to have a got at them.

As soon as China gets engaged- India and Israel will engage pakistan and split it into 4.

Taiwan will declare independence.

China will lose south china sea

Tibet will be freed

Lots of stuff going on.
>>
>>136938143
Not necessarily. They could participate in a de factor partition with the US/ROK taking southern half of DPRK and PRC occupying the rest, with each part having its own political system. Southern part joins ROK. Northern part becomes DPRK minus the Kim family with China-style economic reform and leaders beholden to China. That keeps the US forces away from China's border, makes China look powerful, and avoids WWIII. Win all around for everybody except Lil' Kim.
>>
>>136929578
I guarantee you, China cannot and will not do anything. China is getting it's shit pushed by India and only making bombastic statements for 2 months.
>>
>>136926421
Kim is paler than the orange man
>>
>>136926421
all we have to do is goat them into firing first and we can obliterate them.
>>
>>136929055
Consider architecture in South Korea. Virtually the entire population lives in reinforced concrete high rises with underground parking garages. There are also underground walkways at every major intersection. In a war, the population would seek refuge in these places (largely immune to artillery) and most would survive.
>>
Couldn't SK pay Israel to setup and run an Iron Dome system? It wouldn't stop everything but it would mitigate things
>>
>>136944122

The US has already installed THAAD in the region (which has made China butthurt)
>>
File: 005JtRCnjw1et3yeae746j30jz0zkth7.jpg (685KB, 1034x1637px) Image search: [Google]
005JtRCnjw1et3yeae746j30jz0zkth7.jpg
685KB, 1034x1637px
>people still LARPing as if any of this bluster is legit
How short term is your memory? This shit literally happens every couple of months when the Western media misrepresents North Korea's statements as "We will nuke you" when what they are really saying is "If you attack us, we will nuke you"
>>
>>136940478
Having readily available access to the landmass you want to go to war with is very strategically important, anon.

It doesn't mean you'll start with a land invasion.

Just shhh.
>>
>>136944315
Difference here is everyone is losing their nerves a bit. Nothing will happen, but this news cycle is a bit different because
1. North Korea is officially integrated into MAD deterrence system. America can't do shit to North Korea and is throwing a tantrum over it
2. Another unfortunate 'the emperor has no clothes' event for the US. That this was the first time in a long time the UN is unanimous in their condemnation of North Korea is funny, because after today, the support US is able to gather and influence on the international stage is going to decline even more rapidly.
>>
>>136930605
OPLAN 5027 look it up
>>
>>136930824
No. The population of Seoul will shelter in place. The city is literally full of underground tunnels built of reinforced concrete. There is a vast subway system. They will be far safer there in a war scenario, than they would be trying to leave Seoul by train, car or walking. If they walk, they would have to cross the Han River bridges and thousands of people died that way in the last war.
>>
>>136943621
Dude, please read a few history books and gather information on current affairs

> Israel can't project force into Pakistan (Also pretty sure Iran would intervene if Israel was in Pakistan)
> India is not suicidal (Pakistan has nukes remember?)
> Taiwan already has independence
> China doesn't really hold the south china sea in any meaningful way, it just claims it. US can effectively blockade China anytime it wants
>>
>>136931016
Decapitation is a very good option for dealing with dictatorships. If Lil' Kim was taken out in a war scenario, this would cause a lot of disarray at best and possibly a complete, rapid disintegration of DPRK armed forces. The problem is, everyone knows this already including the DPRK, so they will take steps to make sure it doesn't happen. If war looks likely, Kim will disappear into an underground bunker somewhere and he will be impossible to take out. This is exactly what happened in Iraq where the US literally tried, and failed, to take out Saddam on the first night of the war.
>>
and they all have a los Angeles or seawolf class SSN on their asses
>>
Sure, but you want to bomb the hell out of all the bridges to China. Bomb the hell out of the border, everything we got. Amphibious invasion of Pyongyang, (a military exercise to simulate this was done a few years ago), Jam the hell out of their radios and bomb infrastructure. Broadcast propaganda to demoralise North Koreans. If this is done, the war will be over within 2 weeks after the North korean side collapses.
>>
>>136943863
Yes, and that's why China's concession (we will stay neutral if DPRK attacks first) was highly significant. DPRK has said, in the past, that any attempt to build up forces by the US would result in a first strike by them. Well guess what? Beijing just took that option away from them. Their hand just got a lot weaker.
>>
>>136942359
Correct.
>>
>>136945168

Okay, learn to greentext (but I understand what you said so no problem)

I have only this to say:

> gather information on current affairs
> Taiwan already has independence
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>136944122
Can iron dome stop shells from these?
>>
>>136939811
By allowing North Korea to join the nuclear club, you guys (South Koreans) are gambling with millions of human lives already. YOUR lives, in fact. You just have your heads so far up your own asses with the anti-American mentality, that you don't realize it. Don't you understand that if the DPRK wins the entire South Korean middle and professional class will end up in reeducation camps or refugees or dead? You'd better study what happened in Vietnam after the Vietnamese communists won THAT war.
>>
nukes are fake -dubay
>>
>>136926012
a war with north korea would be unprofitable for everyone involved
>>
>>136938390
Yes, but: they ALSO said that if North Korea strikes first they will stay neutral. This ties up NORTH KOREA'S strategic options in a way you apparently haven't considered. It means, for example, that Trump could build up forces in South Korea with total impunity.
>>
>>136930605

>acting like the USA and SK haven't been planning to deal with NK 1950's artillery for 50 years.

they might not have every location mapped, but i bet they have many.

you go for killshot on Kim.
you destroy and/all comms.
you pound the fuck out of anything that moves.
you hope for quick surrender.

most of you weren't alive for Saddam's big scary LINE OF DEATH (or whatever the fuck it was called) we all heard about for months before Gulf War.

i think this is likely the 21st century version.
>>
>>136937999
They DO have bunkers. The problem with you faggots is that most of you have never been to Seoul. The entire city is full of underground tunnels and parking garages, built from reinforced concrete. It is NOTHING like an American city. In a war, the population would move to those shelters in minutes. There would still be a lot of casualties but not at an apocalyptic level like everyone thinks.
>>
>>136937167
Hwang Jeong Yeop (the highest ranking North Korean defector, he literally invented Juche) said explicitly that the DPRK war plan involved a threat to nuke Japan as a central element.
>>
>>136947332
North Korea is not Iraq. Saddam didn't have thousands of heavily fortified artillery weapons pointed at a metro area of 25 million people
>>
>>136947153

This.

Even the mandatory raping afterwards would be pure loss since North Korea is filled to the brim with crooked-tooth gooks.
>>
>>136933898
The thing about North Korean refugees is, they are Korean. And they are smart. They are not dimwitted inbred trash like Muslims. Sure, a lot of them are pretty brainwashed and malnourished, but the South already has a big program to integrate North Korean refugees into South Korean life and they will just scale that up.
>>
>>136946885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heLuUd0VK2s
not the iron dome i don't think, but any CRAM system should be effective against artillery salvos, it's one of the things they're designed to counter
>>
>>136944563
Yeah, I can already see it in the future as just another event in the decline of the us if nothing happens.
>>
>>136948028
wanted to post this video too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwZE2vcmyFU
>>
>>136948028
Have threes ever been tested in a situation that would likely happen if NK decided to go fire at will attack mode with all their heavy artillery? What percentage would it stop?
>>
>>136929055
The norms are dug in more than the japs on Iwo Jima. First off we don't even know the true amount, or location of the guns. Even if we did it is unlikely they would quickly be destroyed. Then irks would pick up missiles and planes on radar or just see them and raise the alarm and start shelling Seoul
>>
File: Cburns.gif (90KB, 410x308px) Image search: [Google]
Cburns.gif
90KB, 410x308px
>>136926012
Let's just do it already
>>
>>136948550
all i could find out about the CRAM's that we use is they can defend a 1.2km^2 area with a 60-70% shootdown rate
>>
>>136926012
Kill the black mage
>>
>>136926568
It like a buffer overrun exploit. So many arty shells would be incoming, they couldn't get them all.
>>
>>136926616
They aren't even talking about ICBMs, just regular artillery.
>>
>>136926568
Which is slower and easier to hit, a hezbollah bottle rocket or a NK artillery shell?
>>
>>136941337
Dennis always gets his man
>>
>>136926255
The Chinese are the niggers of asia
>>
File: 1477340760765.jpg (112KB, 1000x771px) Image search: [Google]
1477340760765.jpg
112KB, 1000x771px
>>136926012
South Korea is (like Taiwan and Israel) one of the most militarized countries in Asia

would not be surpirised if SK took the North Korea and China by itself

with the help of US (or without China helping NK) it would be ever more one-sided
>>
>>136953793
>would not be surpirised if SK took the North Korea and China by itself
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>136926012
Of course we can. Won't be easy, but it can be done.
>>
>>136954415
NK is pisspoor country while China can send few regiments of troops to help and that's it

SK would get air and naval superiority from the start since NK fleet doesn't really exist

even if Seoul is bombed and raised to the ground NK offensive would stop eventually because of supply shortages before reaching Busan

SK counterattack would erase NK from the map
>>
>>136950970
Correction:
>20 Hezbllah Bottle Rocket in 1 hour
>300 000 Artillery shells in 1 hour
>>
couldn't we use some sort of technological advantage like EMP, jammers, hacking and precision strikes to take our their power and communications ? would that stop the artillery units ?
>>
>>136956364
>>300 000 Artillery shells in 1 hour
You kill the artillery first, stupid.
>>
>>136954690
NK has one of the largest sub fleets in the world.

It's a annoying problem to deal with.
>>
>>136956504
>You kill the artillery first, stupid.

Easier said than done
>>
File: 1501303001796.gif (2MB, 385x311px) Image search: [Google]
1501303001796.gif
2MB, 385x311px
>>136932873

Scenario 4 - Americans hit the South Korea targets in false flag. Scenario 2 then?
>>
How difficult would it be for us/sk to force the evacuation of Seoul over a relatively short time period (1-2 months)?

Without Seoul as a hostage, NK loses their biggest piece of leverage on the board...
>>
>>136957636

Pointless. If you start a mass evacuation that's telling the Norks invasion is imminent at that point, they will likely invade the South. Our best bet is literally an aerial/naval barrage on all known positions.
>>
>>136958164

Which is ideal, no? If america strikes first , the damage and casualties to Seoup will be catastrophic anyway. Also the world and especially China will reaction negatively, possibly even attacking the US. There's a chance NK will not attack in response to a evacuation which takes away their hostage. If they do attack, the US SK and Japan are allowed to retaliate and take out NK once and for all, plus China will stay neutral. Plus by taking a large action the US forces the ball into NKs court to be the aggressor
>>
>>136926568
Iron Dome isn't real, how he fuck are you still able to stomach the jew's lies?

>identify incoming missile
>computer literally creates ten missiles that don't exist so now there's eleven incoming missiles
>fire countermeasures
>ten out of eleven hit, huge success
>in the event that the one real rocket is intercepted it just scatters debris everywhere including the debris of the interceptor
Palestinian rockets are so weak that one man complained on the news his garden had been targeted a dozen times, he showed the damage which was basically just some mild damage to a wall, you wouldn't have known anything was wrong with it.
>>
>>136958499

You're playing the PR route here. That doesn't matter here, the Norks have no sympathizers in the world. It's always better to strike first, and us not attacking based on China telling us not to, is them trying to undermine us, as a paper tiger. This time, it doesn't matter if we're the aggressor, the Norks have been provoking our allies for years now.
>>
>>136926012
> Can America and South Korea take North Korea conventionally?
Nope China gets involved
>>
Nothing will happen it never does ,NK is an iron fortress,They have been preparing for an invasion for 60 years we would get ass fucked so hard
>>
>>136959004

The PR "optics" are one, not the only, benefit of mass Seoul evacuation. To me, LEVERAGE is the main factor in this situation. The reason we are at a stalemate with NK right now is because they have massive firepower trained at a huge civilian population, effectively holding them hostage. Removing that piece from the board would change the dynamics of the situation and give NK less leverage over the issue.

If NK were to invade or start firing as a result of evacuation (and there's a chance they would not) , then we retaliate with massive force, which is what a first strike would include anyway. Why not take the option that has less immediate risk and which also forces NK to be the bad guy while providing the added benefit of letting us become the defender? Why not try to get 2 birds with one stone, instead of just one?
>>
>>136931770
Tens of thousands.
He will shield himself with the maximum amount of civilians, even if it means shoving hundreds of them inside his palace when the first bombs fall.
>>
>>136959124
If china is saying we must allow NK to develop a full nuclear deterrent so it can go be the Walmart of nuclear weapons to the rest of the world fuck them too.
That is exactly what you are going to have.
>>
>>136959597

Cause they've got a huge army and brainwashed population. I'd rather start the fight with them on their borders, not having to push them back once they get into the South. Means more of our men are going to die. The South getting hit, BIG, is unavoidable here, all we can do to save lives long term is end it as fast as possible.
>>
I think the best strategy might be to evacuate seoul over several monthes then send the SK tanks in from that direction following a hard cruise missile and air assault from the US, spies could be used to find location of government and military leaders which could then be bombed using bunker buster type weapons, after their military is gutted withdraw and let them form a new government ?
>>
>>136959596
We will pull out the toys and steam roll that whole motherfucking country
>>
>>136943863
That wouldn't mean anything. Besides China's statement being dubious and only political, meaning that it could change at any time, if Kim strikes first but denies it they can very well side with him due to "not being able" to verify who did it first.

Also don't forget China wants to end america just as much
>>
>>136959877

How likely is it that civilians moving out of Seoul in large numbers would trigger an immediate NK bum rush of the DMZ? Seems like KJU is smart enough to not take the bait and let himself be goaded into his own annihilation...
>>
>>136960250

An evacuation isnt really a bait move. You dont move that many people unless its really going down.
>>
>>136926012
is...is that a serious question OP?? We'd curb-stomp them. It's a matter of time and civie casualties, not "can we defeat a half-starved army with 60s equipment". They'll likely run out of fuel and probably food within two weeks.
>>
itt not a single argument with proof
>>
>>136960456
It has always been planned for the rapid mass evacuation of seoul south.
They have a nice rail system setup with that eventuality in mind during its construction.
>>
>>136959764
I have no problem with the happening happening, I'm ready for the reset button. Are you Anon? Will you survive 20 years of nuclear winter?
>>
>>136926012
If we invade the norks will there be insurgencies afterwards like in iraq?
>>
>>136960457
Read the thread. I think half of the people on /pol/ (pol for crying out loud!) believe you can't take them.
>>
>>136960456

Says who? The rules of war that everyone needs to follow so our enemeies know what to expect?

Move civs out of Seoul without firing a shot. NK will realize they are losing their hostage and when that's gone they are in a very weak position. So they either have to do nothing and allow US/SK forces the ability to encircle and squeeze them later on, or fire everything and ensure their own demise.
>>
File: 1502311400776.jpg (264KB, 640x643px) Image search: [Google]
1502311400776.jpg
264KB, 640x643px
>>136926012

It would be a mess. The norks have had 60 odd years to build bunkers in every mountain in the North.

Also Tea Girl would die.
>>
>>136933988
How retarded are you on a scale of 1-10? At least an 8. It is our business. Without a military presence in the pacific, we open ourselves to all sorts of fuckery by the Russians and Chinese both if a larger conflict breaks out in the future. I'd say that base in Guam is AS important as South Korea.
>>
>>136961060
Norks are already half-starved. Any sort of civilian support would immediately disintegrate once we started feeding their people. They're not Islamic radicals -- do you really think a NK insurgency would have any teeth whatsoever?

It wouldn't last more than a couple of months.
>>
>>136960808
Im ready to die now
We all die. The majority of everyone who has ever lived is dead. There is no other fate.
That being said, fuck the commies. If they want a nuclear war then we can accommodate them.
It could come to that. But no sane person would strive for that eventuality. A full scale nuclear war with the united states is a full scale loss to all humanity.
If it could be known that kim would arm himself and never allow a single weapon to pass beyond his borders to another country then we could look the other way even tho Japan and South Korea will begin production of their own nuclear deterrent along with other countries to counter the NK capability. We could maybe allow that future.
A future where Kim is arming the highest bidder whenever he needs some cash in his pocket and the eventual regional or even global mass proliferation of nuclear weapons under a shield provided by his own nuclear capabilities and chinas cannot be allowed. Any sane person would understand this.
The time to prevent that future is nearly passed by if it has not already. No matter if China Russia NK and Iran stand up and say DO NOT should we waver from this.
It is in the best interest of the United States, its allies, and the rest of the world that it should be stopped while it can be stopped.
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.