[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-Defense and Guns

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Self_Defense_Rifle.jpg (6KB, 250x181px) Image search: [Google]
Self_Defense_Rifle.jpg
6KB, 250x181px
How many of you have used a gun in self-defense? I live in a shitty liberal state (California) and am kind of worried about being able to adequately protect myself with the guns that I am legally permitted to own here.

The only time that I ever used a firearm to deter a crime was out in the wilderness, when I was alone and had only a WW2-era bolt action. It was enough to scare the guy off although I nearly did have to shoot him. I can greentext the story if anyone wants, but I want to hear from you guys: have you ever used a gun to protect yourself? Was the gun powerful and accessible enough, and have sufficient capacity?

Post your stories in this thread. Also, self-defense stories involving knives or other lethal implements are welcome but I’m mainly curious about guns due to their controversial nature in faggot states like California.
>>
>>136888429
I've used a firearm for self defense twice in Chicago. Once was when I was young and stupid. All I had was a pump action shotgun, there was screaming in an alley, two guys were holding a woman up with a knife, I fired a slug into a dumpster as a warning shot and they ran off. The second time was a guy climbing over a security fence in my yard. He saw my pistol and fell down. That was a long night.
>>
>>136888874

Word. I bet Chicago is way more dangerous than LA (at least where the relatively affluent people live).

I guess I'll go ahead and post my story as a greentext since I mentioned it in the OP, although it's nothing too crazy.
>>
File: Barstow CA_Desert.jpg (209KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Barstow CA_Desert.jpg
209KB, 1024x768px
1/1
>be me
>know BLM land where you can shoot in California high desert
>area looks like pic related
>usually go with friends, one weekend I decide to go alone
>at the time I was a poorfag and only had a Mosin Nagant
>drive up from LA, feeling comfy in the California desert with my smokes and radio and solitude
>arrive at BLM land. It is completely deserted, which is unusual because it is not only a popular place to shoot but also an area for 4 wheeling, dirtbikes, and other recreational vehicles

>in this particular area you had to set up against a hill for a backstop
>finish a few hours’ worth of shooting and go up onto my hill to retrieve my targets
>while I am up on the hill a dilapidated blue tow truck shows up and parks near the base of the hill
>looks like a vehicle from the Hills Have Eyes, rusty, missing the winch, etc..
>an overweight Hispanic male hops out of the truck
>he’s wearing jean shorts and a white wife beater that doesn’t cover his stomach
>he starts pacing in front of his truck looking agitated, staring at the ground
>I take notice of him and immediately get a spidey sense about him that something is off
>pause while walking down from the hill and just observe him for a minute or two
>he will not make eye contact or stop pacing in front of his truck
>>
File: Barstow_2.png (11KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
Barstow_2.png
11KB, 819x460px
>>136889693

2/2

>ok, this is weird.jpg
>start walking towards my car in diagonal direction indicated on graphic while keeping my eye on him
>I notice that he notices me moving towards my car. Without making eye contact he moves in the direction indicated, obviously intending to cut me off before I reach my car
>now, up here, you always approach someone if you are shooting in the same area to let them know you are there. Everyone is armed and you make your presence known to prevent accidents, ask for a cease-fire to set up your own targets, etc… It is extremely odd to approach someone without saying anything, let alone making eye contact
>I pause briefly. He does not look up at me but continues walking
>Now, the distance between his car and mine was about 60 yards. When he made it to 40 yards from he, I see him reach into his rear waistband
>OH FUCK.jpg
>heart starts beating rapidly
>drop my backpack to the ground, orient myself in the kneeling position facing towards him
>get some ammo from my backpack, open the action on my mosin, put shells into the sock on the buttstock and ready to chamber one quickly
>he keeps coming
>I am about to execute a “failure to stop” drill that I learned while in the military.
>although I was scared, mind was overtaken by an overwhelming sense of disbelief that this was happening and I am about to shoot and kill this man

>after he moves about 5 more yards he looks up and sees me in the kneeling, facing him and fiddling with my rifle
>he spins around, runs back to his truck, and climbs in
>he races off deeper into the desert, leaving a big ass cloud of dust
>breathe a bigass sigh of relief.exe
>adrenaline still going
>start hearing ricochets and pings, but no cracks that you hear when a high speed rifle round goes past your head
>>
File: desert-grave-.jpg (167KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
desert-grave-.jpg
167KB, 900x600px
>>136889752

3/3

>realize he only had a pistol- and I don’t know what those rounds sound like going past you
>don’t see any puffs of dirt kicking up anywhere and don’t see his truck
>decide not to chance it and sprint to my car and peel out
>get back on I-15 and drive back into LA
>tell a few friends but chalk it up to a guy, maybe a tweaker, trying to steal my car
>a few years go by
>google that area and see this:http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20131113/high-desert-known-for-body-dumping
>http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-10-05-1Ahighwaykiller05_CV_N.htm
>multiple bodies found in the desert where I was in radius of ~50 miles, FBI suspects serial killers stalk that corridor
>http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-10-05-1Ahighwaykiller05_CV_N.htm
>http://www.pe.com/2015/09/05/victorville-body-found-in-desert-id-unknown/
>>
Bumpty Dumpty
>>
>>136889587
The good parts of Chicago are safer than most places, actually, but I spent a lot of years saving money by living in shitholes. Just expect that if you use a weapon and the police come you're going to lose the night even if no shots were fired.
>>
Was black powder hunting and saw a cougar stalking me. Shot towards it with my pistol and it fucked off. Don't get many retards that try to fuck with anyone out here, they know they'll likely step in a bear trap, get shot, or both.
>>
>>136888429

Vladimir Putin tried to invade my country.
>>
>>136890766

>tried

He's occupying Crimea...
>>
>>136888429
I pointed a my glock 20 at some drunk who tried to break down my door thinking it was his house at 230am.

Was probably half a cunt hair from pulling the trigger when the police showed up finally.

I was going to empty the whole magazine as soon as he came though the front door.

That was the biggest rush I have ever experienced, I was scared/pumped at the same time.

You think you will handle killing someone who breaks into your house no problem until your literally about to pull the trigger and kill someone. Thoughts race though your mind at that instant
>>
>>136891721
Just remember that he forced you into it
>>
>>136891721

I can definitely relate to this when I nearly shot that Hispanic sodomite out in the desert. Pretty weird feeling, for me it was more disbelief / a feeling of unreality.

Glad I didn't have to shoot him though. Law enforcement in CA are faggots and I might have gone to jail anyway
>>
>>136890969
(((You))) are occupying half the world
>>
>>136891844
True....

But killing someone isn't as easy as people make it out to be. I have never had to kill someone but that is the closest I have ever come.

>>136891910
Yup! Almost depersonalization at that moment. You know what is going on and everything but seconds feel like an eternity and your thoughts are racing so fast.

It's kinda scary, I'm not going to lie.
>>
>>136888429
No one but the state should have guns.

LOLbertarians gtfo
>>
>>136892068
You're just yeasty its not your queen.
>>
>>136889936
>>136889752
>>136889693
Haven't you posted this here before? I remember someone having a similar story on /pol/ only a few months ago.

>>136892209
>he doesn't know Hitler actually let more people get guns.
>>
>>136892621

Yeah, that was me. I posted it maybe 2 months ago. Just wanted to do it again to see if I could get some other people's stories.
>>
Just bought an AR15 2 days ago, primarily for home defense. Sure hope I don't have to use it for that, but 30 rounds in a mag feels good
>>
File: 1501186886720.png (906KB, 660x868px) Image search: [Google]
1501186886720.png
906KB, 660x868px
>>
>>136892621
Hitler disarmed his citizens like he should have, he would've been assassinated if he didn't.
>>
>>136888429
>The only time that I ever used a firearm to deter a crime was out in the wilderness, when I was alone and had only a WW2-era bolt action. It was enough to scare the guy off although I nearly did have to shoot him. I can greentext the story if anyone wants, but I want to hear from you guys: have you ever used a gun to protect yourself? Was the gun powerful and accessible enough, and have sufficient capacity?

damn faggot quit being such a jew and fucking pay your male whores. They are meant to fuck people for cash not get fucked over by cheap jews like you.
>>
>>136893559
He disarmed the (((opposition))), and relaxed laws for party members.
>>
>>136889693
>>136889752
>>136889936

Spoopy. I've only been shooting out near the Palmdale/Lancaster area, but not Barstow.
>>
>be 22
>be weekend late night
>be home messing with my desktop
>hear a thud at my front door
>uhwat.jpg
>lean out from my office door to see my front door
>can see lights through the front doors window
>feel fucking spooked as fuck
>rush to the closet
>while I am grabbing my rifle I hear the glass break
>perch myself near the door aiming at the front door
>couldn't see much since the front side of the house has no lights on
>luckily for me asshole uno is providing the light
>see a hand trying to mess with the deadbolt
>try's to open the door
>nope.avi
>he was able to unlock one of the deadbolts
>guessing the guy doesn't realize it since he spends the time trying to jingle it open
>all the things and hype that /k/ would jerk off to, this turned from fright to excitement to utter fucking disappointment
>literally waiting for this faggot to come in so I can have a cool fucking story for /k/ and at work
>faggot proceeds to kick the door open
>several kicks later
>faggot gives up
>officially out of fucking patience
>"YOU FUCKING DONE KICKING MY DOOR YOU FAGGOT"
>hear the faggot say "oh shit"
>seconds later
>hear a car peel off outside
Proceed to call the cops later and they do the whole process. The jackass busted one of my windows but, didn't break the door or the frame so it didn't become some expensive repair work for the next day.
>>
File: QKS Tranny Demon.png (587KB, 864x498px) Image search: [Google]
QKS Tranny Demon.png
587KB, 864x498px
>>136894892

You should have just shot the piece of shit.

In Ukraine, sometimes you have to worry about pic related coming into your house at night.
>>
>>136895879
At the time I wanted to get a clear shot since I live on a slightly elevated house and didn't want to miss and hit my neighbors but, once it was clear that I was dealing with a idiot I didn't want to break my door since it is one of those very thick wooden doors that you see on McMansion type homes.
>>
>>136895879
>have to worry about trannies breaking into your house.
What?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.