[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dont be Ashamed of Your History

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: kelly_champlain_col.jpg (62KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
kelly_champlain_col.jpg
62KB, 700x525px
People want to remove the statue of first governor of Nova Scotia, Edward Cornwallis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Cornwallis

http://www.660news.com/2017/07/14/mikmaq-leaders-urge-calm-ahead-of-protest-to-remove-statue-in-halifax/

Similar gestures is happening everywhere, it seems like people of this country are ashamed of "Western Culture". They are glorifying indigenous people and extending their "civilization" to thousands of years back while ignoring all the sophisticated achievements of western and even eastern civilizations.

This is the 150th year of confederation of Canada. Canada day celebrations this year was more "Indian day" with lots of their dances and music. In addition lots of talk on ideas like "inclusion, diversity,..." no mention of core values of western culture.

This is going to destroy this culture and when western culture is gone whatever security and prosperity it had would be gone too. I think you people should be proud and stand for all your history. I couldn't even what type of savage land Americas would be if there was no European settlement on it.
>>
What is the basis of them wanting to remove it, and how close are they to actually doing it? I hope what happened in the south here hasn't set a precedent for other countries.
>>
>>136876700
Mi’kmaq leaders want it removed cause he killed some of them in a conflict (they started attacking English and then lost it later). Obviously liberals are supporting these changes.

However it was not without opposition:

"On Canada Day, a group of off-duty Canadian military men disrupted a spiritual event at the statue marking the suffering of Indigenous Peoples.

The men, who are now facing a military investigation and possible expulsion from the Forces, said they were members of the Proud Boys, a self-declared group of “Western Chauvinists” who say they are tired of apologizing for “creating the modern world.”
>>
File: Ujw__-yU.jpg (45KB, 600x314px) Image search: [Google]
Ujw__-yU.jpg
45KB, 600x314px
it seems that city draped it for now...
>>
File: DDroE9oUQAAZocm.jpg (138KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DDroE9oUQAAZocm.jpg
138KB, 1200x1200px
And the people who are proud of their history labeled white supremacists...
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.