[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having a hard time with Christianity

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 28

File: ..gif (2KB, 433x332px) Image search: [Google]
..gif
2KB, 433x332px
As a kike who wants to convert to Christianity I'm having a hard time choosing a denomination. I wanted Catholicism at the start but after reading ALOT (about 2 years) about it it began to sound like too much work for a normal person every single thing you don't do right you go to hell, if you don't confess to a priest before you die you go to hell, i accept christ as my lord and savior and believe he died for my sins and saved me i need help /pol/ any christians care to explain? AND
I beg you don't start with the Jew meme
please be serious anon i am to fucking frusturated
>>
>>136870201
The Catholic church is the one, holy, apostolic and catholic church, founded by Jesus Christ. You also sound confused about what the Catholic Church actually teaches, so I'd recommend reading some of the Q&As at https://www.catholic.com/
> t. Protestant converting to Catholicism
>>
Churches and denomination are the least important aspects of a relationship with God. All the denominations are man made twists and Churches focus more on the preacher and money than it does with God. Only you can determine how your relationship will be. Imagine that there was a perfect being out there that wanted you to do the right thing and be happy for it. How would your life change knowing that? What would you do different? Would you be compelled to make changes in your life? This is how my path started and I hope that maybe something I said can help you too.
>>
>>136870201
Ultimately it is Yah who saves you, not any man or institution. Keep that in mind when choosing what Christian assembly you want to socialize at. Church attendance is not mandatory for salvation.
>>
You obviously don't live in a country with Catholic tradition, unlike me, so you will ALWAYS be perceived as a stranger in the Catholic community, no matter how hard you try. Getting baptised at any other time than birth and so on sounds fucking weird to a born and raised Catholic. You need to go for a meme branch of Christianity if you want to identify as one so badly, but leave serious business alone, you faith-hopping JEW.
>>
>>136870441
Mind to tell me why Catholics believe you are saved by faith AND works? Jesus stated that you are saved by grace achieved by faith alone and not by works >>136870990 That's not what the Catholic church says. they say church attendance IS mandatory for salvation, this is my struggle with the church, if you miss mass and don't confess, you go to hell, sounds ridiculous to me
>>
>>136870201
There are messianic Jewish groups which are Christian but maintain Jewish traditions and customs. If you were a religious Jew before they might be your best bet for an accepting and comfortable community. I hear there are a number of them in Israel, try looking around for one and attending a service
>>
>>136871371
My mom's side are all religious Jews but my mom isn't anymore. In Israel they are regarded as a cult and not a christian sect you know some place i can find information about them?
I want to convert to Christianity not a Jewish sect who believes in Jesus. Are you catholic or a prot? maybe orthodox?
>>
>>136870201
You can become Orthodox. The only one that keeps true since the dawn of Christianity. It is also extremely tolerant compared to Catholicism and priests preach for love instead of terrorizing people that they'll go to hell.
>>
>>136871162
>You obviously don't live in a country with Catholic tradition, unlike me, so you will ALWAYS be perceived as a stranger in the Catholic community
You must be so special.
>if you want to identify as one so badly
I want to identify as christian because i belive in jesus christ as my lord and savior.
>meme branch
??????
>>
>>136871287
>Catholic church says you need us
That's how you know they are wrong. Use the test from the gospels: look at the works of the Vatican to determine if the Vatican is a false prophet. Do gay orgies and pedophile post shuffling sound godly to you or do they sound like the rites of Babylon?
>>
>>136870201
Baptized jew is same as forgiven wolf.
>>
Catholic church prays without biblical basis for Virgin Mary and saints as "intermediaries". Like why would one need to pray to mortals to be in touch with God, the omnipotent? Catholic church rites and communuons are just ritual-laden shows in my opinion. Catholic church didn't even preach to people in their own vernacular languages, using latin which commoners didn't understand, until Martin Luther reformed christianity. Only old people go to catholic masses on sundays nowadays anyhow.

If you want more lively communion with fellow believers you should be in contact with baptists IMO. There the laymen are more on par with the clergy and there's the hierarchy is more lax, if non-existent. There are many christian organizations in Yerushalayim to contact.

God bless you, brother
>>
>>136871719
Mind to explain salvation in orthodox Christianity and what are the traditions? never really thought about orthodox Christianity to be honest.
>>
Start with nondenominational protestantism to build your community and understandthe word. Work your way up to Catholicism once you have a better handle. Use both in conjunction for a full and complete picture
>>
>>136871941
What is your denomination, anon?
>>136871975
So, non-denominational is "children" Christianity and Catholicism is "adult" Christianity? how childish is it to think so isn't it?
>>
>>136871900
Mind to explain? as i have no clue what you are talking about.
>>
>>136870981
This is the final redpill. Jesus Christ came to this world and resisted the almighty power of the ((Synagogue)). He stood up to the Pharisees, the bankers, the devils, and the vipers and adders of the Temple. If Christ were to return to us today, he would denounce the Catholic and Orthodox and Protestant Churches for stealing people's money, convincing them they have to serve the Church to see God or get into Heaven, and spread lies. Do not believe any organization. How can a man speak for God? How can an organization created by man tell you the truth of God? Christ stood up to organized religion, banking, degeneracy, and demonic idolators and false gods. Every organization has a motive. That motive is never to get you closer to God.
>>
>>136871946
The Orthodox Church considers itself to be the original church started by Christ and his apostles. For the early years of the church, much of what was conveyed to its members was in the form of oral teachings. Within a very short period of time traditions were established to reinforce these teachings. The Orthodox Church asserts to have been very careful in preserving these traditions. When questions of belief or new concepts arise, the Church always refers back to the primitive faith. Orthodox see the Bible as a collection of inspired texts that sprang out of this tradition, not the other way around; and the choices made in forming the New Testament as having come from comparison with already firmly established faith. The Bible has come to be a very important part of "Tradition", but not the only part.

Likewise, the Orthodox Church has always recognized the gradual development in the complexity of the articulation of the Church's teachings. It does not, however, believe that truth changes and therefore always supports its previous beliefs all the way back to what it holds to be the direct teachings from the Apostles. The Church also understands that not everything is perfectly clear; therefore, it has always accepted a fair amount of contention about certain issues, arguments about certain points, as something that will always be present within the Church. It is this contention which, through time, clarifies the truth. The Church sees this as the action of the Holy Spirit on history to manifest truth to man.
>>
>>136871946
The Church is unwavering in upholding its dogmatic teachings, but does not insist upon those matters of faith which have not been specifically defined. The Orthodox believe that there must always be room for mystery when speaking of God. Individuals are permitted to hold theologoumena (private theological opinions) so long as they do not contradict traditional Orthodox teaching. Sometimes, various Holy Fathers may have contradictory opinions about a certain question, and where no consensus exists, the individual is free to follow his or her conscience.

Tradition also includes the Nicene Creed, the decrees of the Seven Ecumenical Councils, the writings of the Church Fathers, as well as Orthodox laws (canons), liturgical books and icons, etc. In defense of extrabiblical tradition, the Orthodox Church quotes Paul: "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by our spoken word, or by our epistle." (2 Thessalonians 2:15). The Orthodox Church also believes that the Holy Spirit works through history to manifest truth to the Church, and that He weeds out falsehood in order that the Truth may be recognised more fully.
>>
>>136871654
>More info on messianic Jews
Messianic Judaism is the term given to Jewish people who believe and have accepted Yeshua (the Hebrew name for Jesus) of Nazareth as the promised Messiah of the Hebrew Scriptures. These Jewish people do not stop being Jewish, but they continue to remain strong in their Jewish identity, lifestyle and culture, while following Yeshua as He is revealed in the Brit Chadashah, the New Covenant. Many Messianic Jews refer to themselves as “completed Jews,” since they believe that their faith in the God of Israel has been “completed” or fulfilled in Yeshua.
In reality, Messianic Judaism began 2,000 years ago. Yeshua Himself was an observant Jew, most of the Apostles and writers of the New Covenant were Jewish, and the vast majority of the early believers in Yeshua were also Jewish (see Acts chapter 2)
Today, it is estimated that there are over 350,000 Messianic Jews in the world, and the numbers are growing all the time. Messianic synagogues have also become very popular, and recent estimates number more than 200 congregations in this country. There are also many Messianic congregations in Israel and around the world.
Messianic Jews continue to celebrate the Jewish festivals and feast days as prescribed in the Hebrew Scriptures (i.e., Passover, Day of Atonement, etc.) but they do it in a way that demonstrates how Yeshua has already fulfilled these Holy Days. Most Messianic Jews do not celebrate Christmas or Easter, since neither holiday is mentioned in the New Covenant. Jews who now follow Yeshua the Messiah understand that everything given in the Old Covenant was a “mere shadow” of the better things to come in the New.
>>
>>136870981
Well put mate.
>>
>>136870441
He's right about the Confession/death/hell part though. Sounds like he did his homework.
>>
>>136872231

Pretty much non-denominational protestant, leaning towards baptism more than any other branches. There's this concept of "free church" in Finland and I'm sure elsewhere where christians regardless of their denominations convene.
>>
>>136870201
I drive by a Messianic Jewish church everyday.
>>
>>136871843
>>meme branch
>??????
You heard me. Anything "Christian" that isn't Catholic is little else than a meme, but hey, it works for united shitstains, so why wouldn't it work for a jew like you?
>>
>>136872653
Thank you, what's the difference between messianic Jews and Christians? it sounds the same to me by the way you were saying it, only difference are holidays?
>>
>>136873099
Sorry to break it to you but Orthodox is the original Christianity. Learn some history.
>>
>>136873099
Listen Gonzales if you don't have anything other to say then >muh Catholicism, get out of this thread.
>>
>>136870201
>wahh Catholicism is hard

LEL this is the story of the Protestant revolution

Being Catholic sucks especially when the only place you can get news from is 4chan but its filled with degeneracy
>>
>>136873190
Just a cultural difference really and liturgical language. Sometimes their Old Testament canon will look a little different than any other denomination, and sometimes depending on the assembly hold the importance of some New Testament letters to be slightly less than other groups. They don't Talmud.
>>
>>136872653
Messianic "Jews" are as Jewish as Mormons are Christians. Many of them aren't even ethnically Jewish, but Jewaboo gentile Christians with a Jewish fetish
>>
>>136870201
Have you looked at this? Think twice before converting to Jesus
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
>>
>>136873401
I'm not talking about it being hard, I'm talking about it being ridiculous every little thing you don't do right you go to hell, even if you believe in Jesus with all your heart and you have sinned and didn't tell it to a priest? bad news mate you go to hell for eternity smells like bullshit isn't it?
>>
>>136873099
Dont be mean when he asks for directions.
>>136870201
As noted infinite amount of times, catholic church is the one true church. It is the only church to actually bother the globalists. They have said it them selves and i can start linking the sources but lets focus on becoming the part of church.

You living in israel seems rather inconvinient if you would want to become catholic for example. Can you tell me how hard would it be to become catholic there? On the other side, becoming one and practicing it is much simpler than they make it out to be. We as people are not perfect but we can give it our best to be righteous. The current issue would be massive influence and possible infiltration from the inside church. They have a war going on inside as we see what certan cardinals and bishops note. I can link sources for that aswell, if intrested.
>>
>>136870201
With Christianity it is not the name of the denomination as much as is the Spirit of God there among the people ? I have been a Baptist my whole life but I know one Catholic Minister whom I like to hear preach. And the Minister is Female.
>>
>>136873431
How are mormons not Christian?
>>
>>136870201
NEVER CHANGE HORSES MIDSTREAM
YHWH IS TRUE GOD
>>
>>136870201
In all seriousness I would highly recommend you go find a Catholic Church that says the mass in Latin

After the mass go talk to the priest and explain to him your situation. They will be more than happy to talk with you and help you out.

>sins

There are 2 types of sins....

1. Mortal Sin

Mortal sins must be confessed before you die or you have the potential (in all likelihood) of going to hell.

>premarital sex
>masturbation
>drug use
>stealing
>murdering
>skipping mass

etc...the very bad sins

You cannot receive communion without going to confession and getting rid of your mortal sin. The structure of the church essentially forces you to be a better person

2. Venial Sin

This sin will not send you to hell but all sins are bad. They are the lesser sins.

>swearing
>being a jerk

By going to confession you can get rid of both sins. And God wants more than anything for you to go to heaven so he makes it readily available to you.

Purgatory is the limbo land between heaven and hell. It is a painful purification of your soul because nothing that is imperfect can enter heaven. Its where you get rid of unconfessed venial sins I believe

The biggest thing the devil does is try to get us to not feel sorry for our sins so we remain in error.

Don't be afraid of confession it only takes like 10 minutes and you really only need to go for mortal sins
>>
>>136873737
see
>>136874014
You just need to be aware of the difference between mortal and venial sin.
>>
>>136873665
>http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
Are you jewish anon?
I have always been confused about christianity and I want christian people to direct me and disprove this link because i have been told this all my life by religious people who knew i wanted to convert. having a hard time
>>
>>136870201
It comes down to if you believe extra-biblical sources are from God like the pope and whatever the catholic counsel deems right. This is has led to believing that mary was sinless, the dead hear your prayers, purgatory, etc.. all not found in the Bible. The origins and long history of bloodshed with the catholic church also leads to its lack of credibility. Despite the larpers on /pol, God wouldnt tell the pope to lead multiple crusades to reclaim an area.

As far as denominations, they are all pretty much the same preaching the same core belief - faith in christ alone for salvation. The only differences being some believing you should be baptised or not, or when baptised should it be baby or adult, etc.. Nothing heretical. Just find a church with a pastor that is Biblical
>>
>>136870201
Don't fall for Catholicism, Orthodoxy or Protestantism. They commit horrendous idolatry and go directly against the bible.
>http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/hail_mary_hail_satan.htm
>http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/a_picture_says%20it_all.htm
>http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Russian_Orthodox/ro-idolatry.htm
Just stay non-denominational. If you look for a church to attend, choose a local independent (Baptist) church.
>>
>>136874128
I am an ex-Christian who realized Jesus was a failed messiah who didn't really fulfill any relevant prophecies.
>>
>>136870201
denominations are for religious loons. the church is simply called the body of Christ. find a community that is nice, and teaches what is bibical and go from there.

but if youre gonna be a religious type, you might as well stay a kike. youd still go to hell despite your trouble.

catholicism is idol worship, religious, and more importantly straight up wrong.

you go to God for prayer, no need for a middle man. Mary was a chick God chose, not some extension of him. and if you blasted some hooker last night, it is not some random dudes business, nor does he have the authority to forgive you your sins.

your life belongs to Jesus, you life revolves around serving him now. Pray to God, and be as close with him as possible. your relationship DIRECTLY with God is the only thing that matters, and anything that tries to replace or ghet in the way of that direct accountability is evil.
>>
>>136874014
What biblical basis is there for any of this stupidity? Purgatory isn't even mentioned in the Bible.
>>
>>136874373
So are you jewish now?
>>136874229
There are 0 baptist churches in Israel we're not a christian country so even finding a church in a normal city which isn't Jerusalem or tourist cities like Bethlehem or Nazareth is very unlikely.
>>
>>136870201
If you aren't Catholic or Orthodox, you're cafeteria Christianity trash.
>>
This the biggest difference between Catholics and Protestants.

Protestants only believe in what is written in the Bible. Even though God never specifically said you only must believe what was written in the Bible...because the early church never had the Bible...they had to create it.

This is called Sola Scriptura.

Protestants also think that the Pope is evil and they love conspiracy theories about the end times. They will read books like Revelations and try to interpret it to figure out when the world will end.

Catholics believe that you can only understand Jesus through the Bible (a large part of which is Jewish history as you will know) and the traditions of the apostles (which is not written down). The Catholic Church is the organization that compiled the Bible and the Pope's job is to protect the magisterium (the teachings/traditions of the apostles)

The main problem with the Catholic Church today is that the leadership has been overrun with liberals from Vatican II (1960s)
>>
>>136874568
Neither is sola scriptura and yet here you are
>>
>>136874558
I seriously love you mate.
This is what i have been thinking all along.
What confused me the most is Catholicism. everything you do HELL everything you don't do HELL even if you are a good person who believes in Jesus but skips mass or masturbates or something like that it is instant HELL for you. thank you for guiding me
>>
>>136874568
Lazarus and the rich man.

Furthermore the Bible actually gives two ends of the world and a millinium which are often conflated or confused.
>>
File: Ra.jpg (23KB, 220x264px) Image search: [Google]
Ra.jpg
23KB, 220x264px
>>136874558
You can be a Catholic but do not get tripped up on Mary or Jesus dying on the cross worship. Direct worship of God is all that maters Jesus is a way to the Lord but the Word still came after.
>>
File: a-soul-from-purgatory-springs-2.jpg (126KB, 418x294px) Image search: [Google]
a-soul-from-purgatory-springs-2.jpg
126KB, 418x294px
>>136874014

Where in the bible is it said that you are forgiven of your sins if you tell a MORTAL man of your sins and that the MORTAL man (a creation of god, corruptible) will declare your sins forgiven? That's blasphemy. You don't need a man to forgive your sins, you can pray to God in your privacy for forgiveness.

Skipping mass is a mortal sin? Hilarious! Then 99,8% of catholics are peccatoribus maximus.
>>
>>136870201
http://app.kehilanews.com/directory
here's a list of messianic synagogues in Israel if you want to check one out. It might wind up being the only Christian assembly in reasonable distance.
>>
>>136874582
Nope, I'm more of a deist, but I respect Judaism as the only Abrahamic religion that makes sense.

Don't fall for the "Messianic Judaism" meme, it's just evangelical xianity with a yarmulke. The founder of the Jews for Jesus cult was actually a Baptist minister.
>>
>>136870201
Pentecostal the book of ACTS is everyday Christianity the baptisim in the Holy Ghost is essential to your walk with Jesus Christ
>>
>>136870201
also never fall for the trap of thinking that the church IS GOD. its not.

Pray to God and actually have an encounter with him. seek him fully, and dont resist whatever he convicts you on. find a church community with people who are nice and want to help you. find a non denominational church, SERIOUSLY.

the point of Chirctianity is actually knowing God personally, and walking with him moment by moment. all this other religious legalistic stuff is a trap.
>>
>>136870201
Look into Orthodoxy, it's very similar to Catholicism but we didn't add a bunch of heresy in the middle ages
>>
>>136874558
reeks of individualistic heresy

>>136874889
Its not instant hell you have a lifetime to correct your bad behavior. The purpose of religious laws to force you to behave.

You are merely replacing God's laws with your own laws...thereby becoming your own God

Want to talk about idolatry? Worshipping yourself is the definition of that
>>
Catholicism is distorted Christianity (pray to Mary, really?) and has the Pope as its ultimate and final authority instead of the Word. Additionally it holds to some traditions which are non-Biblical ('priests' cannot marry, etc.) and therefore problematic and dangerous (rampant child molestation.) Eastern Orthodoxy utilizes too many pictures (imho) and is hyper-traditional at the expense of deeper Biblical teaching. Find a Bible-believing, Bible teaching Protestant church that is not tweaked on 'speaking in tongues' and you should feel comfortable. Be careful of legalistic assemblies.
>>
>>136870201
Catholic is the one, but study more the new testament rather than the old, for Jesus is the major example since he is god and the son of god.

Wonderful to see you come join us.
>>
>>136870201
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism
>>
>>136875051
God gave special powers on Earth to his apostles. And through Peter he set up his church

Matthew 16:18

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Matthew 18:18
"Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
>>
>>136870201
just say fuck it
and roll with buddhism.

ask anyone that's ever entered the god.
it don't matter what religion you are.

all the doormen are different.

some get jesus..
some get buddha..
some get other forms of diety.

if you have to force a religion...
that's weak.

and why the fuck do you need other people or a religion to tell you what to think?
what the fuck?
>>
File: begome.png (112KB, 436x357px) Image search: [Google]
begome.png
112KB, 436x357px
>>136870201
begome ordodox
>>
>>136870201
Convert to Islam instead!
>>
>>136875146
You can't find any churches that are non catholic or orthodox in Israel they are pretty much non existent or are in the far north of the country that's like a 5 hour drive for me.
>>136875436
Why the catholic is the church, as i hear from a lot of people hear the church's teachings are non biblical and a distorted version of Christianity.
>>136875285
Bad behavior is not going to church or masturbating? or other ridiculous sins?
really? not doing what a CHURCH not GOD or the BIBLE tells me so is idolatry?
>>
>>136875285
>reeks of individualistic heresy
Calling someone a heretic is supremely anti-christian. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth.
>>
>>136874839
"18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.
19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll."
Go back and read the last chapter of Revelation, friend. Adding stuff to Christianity is no joke.
>>136874941
That parable does nothing to justify the concept of certain sins that must be confessed lest the sinner go to hell despite Christ's salvation. I fail to see how it confirms the existence of Purgatory, as well.
>>
>>136874582
It doesn't have to be Baptist, just make sure you stay away from churches who worship Mary, kiss statues/images or commit excessive amounts of idolatry (read Matthew 23:4-10).
Read the scripture and keep Gods commandments, not the commandments of men.

>>136874785
The problem isn't what they do "extra" to the bible, but the things that do directly against it like idolatry, Mary worship, kissing statues/images, praying to the dead, I could go on and on.
The early church didn't have the authority structure it has today. In the early church all were brothers, today they are servants and masters (Pope).
Read Matthew 23:4-10. It fits the Catholic Church perfectly.
>>
>>136875408
>Bible believing

You cannot truly understand the Bible without Church authority. The Catholic Church complied it.

>pray to Mary
Mary obviously isn't God and we don't pray to her like we pray to Jesus who is Lord.

Jesus gave Mary to all the world on the cross. She became our spiritual mother and protector.

John 19:26-27

26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,[a] here is your son,” 27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.
>>
>>136870201
Stop thinking in terms of worldly institutions and start thinking in terms of a spiritual relationship with the Holy Spirit.
>>
/pol/ School of Theology
>>
>>136874889
read Matthew 7 bro.

you can do ALL these things for God, and him never know you. your goal is to know God directly.

pray, A LOT. if a bunch of demon worshipping islamists can pray five times a day, so can you. read your bible, and seek genuine revelation by reading your bible and doing what it says. seriously, its simple, it just requires discipline.

some preachers i recommend listening to are

>at Boshoff
>Steven Furtick
>Ravi Zacchairias
>Francis Chan
>Joseph Prince

all of those guys will give you revelation filled messages that will change your life.

OH, and you attend the church you attend for the community of people. not for the music or sometimes even the message. you attend to be connected to a functioning part of the body with which God can bless you.

>LASTLY

can I get your first name, so I can pray for you?
>>
>>136875902
>She became our spiritual mother and protector.
Only Sophia the mother Gaia, who was with the Word at the start, is my mother and protector. Although they may be the same in the end.
>>
>>136874889
Don't worry, hell is just a Christian invention. It has no basis in the Old Testament.
>>
>>136875858
>calling someone a heretic

When you are spouting off nonsense anyone has the right to call you out on it

>>136875786
Pleasuring yourself is obviously sinful behavior.

If you read the Bible you would understand the Jesus created the Church and put Peter in charge of it. You are Jewish so I understand why you were never told this.

But if you are honestly thinking about converting you should at least read the Bible and find this out for yourself.

The New Testament is just 300 pages.

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

"Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Both of these Biblical quotes are from Jesus talking to the disciples...the early church
>>
>>136875786
I've seen people drive frather. but i get ya. Start up your own Bible study then. and go to the preachers i mentioned and others. God wants you be active, not just be an "attendee".
>>
>>136875786
Hey Jew.

The only true church bears his name.
>>
File: Messianic_symbols.png (6KB, 45x114px) Image search: [Google]
Messianic_symbols.png
6KB, 45x114px
>>136870201

>Jew that wants to convert to Christianity

You know there's a dedicated movement SPECIFICALLY for that right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism
>>
>>136872434
I'm a protestant who has been trying to get into Orthodoxy tradition, but the church services I go to tend to be steeped in chanting that I seem to only watch. Is there any way to bridge the gap between the two, or do I just keep going to protestant church while holding orthodox views (which have always seemed to make more sense imo)
>>
>>136875285
No, the bible warns about false teachers, and religious types.

its a blight on the kingdom and should be seen as such. I attend church, as were all called to. But a church is no replacement for God himself.
>>
>>136876209
Hiram keep the gnostic heresy in the lodges thank you and god bless
>>
i consider myself non denominational since i dont go to church. i read the bible on my own and try to follow that. i dont agree with catholic beliefs about mary, confession, purgatory, and a bunch of other stuff. plus satan really tightened his grip since vatican 2. i dont like protestants either because 99% of them arent as redpilled as me. im not ok with donating to africa, and 100% anti refugee.
>>
>>136875902
>You cannot understand the Bible without Church authority

1000 years ago when only three people in a village could read and most Bibles were written in Latin.
>>
"i accept christ as my lord and savior and believe he died for my sins and saved me i need help /pol/ any christians care to explain?"

This IS Christianity. Dont worry about denominations or your own works. Christ did all the work for you. There are many great teachers on youtube. Stick to the King James Bible and focus on prophecy. literally around 1/3rd of the book is prophetic. This is how we know it is inspired by our creator.
>>
>>136876588
Why don't you just go to Latin Mass and be a Catholic instead of LARPing as a Russian peasant

>>136876645
lol yeah the Bible warns us about following the disciples okay buddy

God gave us the Catholic Church because he loves us and wants us to know the truth, to have communities and for our souls to be saved
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzjT2GuX3A
>>
>>136875902
>cannot understand the bible without church authority

thats some corrupt legalistic heresy if ive ever heard it.
>>
by the way, if you are really interested, you can visit /christian/ on infinitychan for further details

I would say more about Orthodoxy, but Greekanon formed it good enough I think

>>136872384
>>136872434

Its basically more traditional, less dogmatic (and therefore more free for interpretations by theologoumena.) and largely balanced. (For example two radical divisions of catholic faith-works division and protestant sola fide, we see works as symptoms of faith and never had such divisions in the first place)
>>
File: christcucks.png (114KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
christcucks.png
114KB, 500x398px
Converting from kike to slightly less kike.
>>
>>136875285

>>136875285

Catholicism has invented its own laws that are not biblical in origin, distorting the original message. E.g. Mary worship, purgatory, indulgences, saints, replacement of the shabbat from saturday to sunday, worshipping idols, pope as an "unerring" religious leader..
>>
>>136876006
/thread
>>
>>136870201
become a baptist, we follow only what Jesus said to do, not what some pope wants us to.

pic related but unironically
>>
>>136870201
The Catholic Church is the true church. The only church. You are a filthy kike. Christianity is for whites only.
>>
>>136870201
orthodox, everything else is talmudic christianity
>>
Daily reminder that Catholics literally believe that Mary never sinned. LOL! Yes, you read that right, they believe there were TWO sinless humans. Nevermind that the bible says repeatedly that this is impossible and only Jesus could do it.
>>
>>136876892
Judging by the amount of people who don't understand basic Biblical truths (as this thread demonstrates) I'd say nothing has changed.

The problem with Protestants is that any idea is legitimate. So you end up with hundreds of different Protestant denominations all based on manmade false doctrine.

There is only ONE truth.

The Catholic Church has the monopoly on truth even if it is lead by a pope who is not so good at his job. Even if a bunch of priests are faggots. Bad people do a disservice to an organization.
>>
Jews don't have souls anyway, so you're good no matter what you choose.
>>
http://app.kehilanews.com/directory
>>
>>136870201
>last rites
You don't even have to speak when you're perceived as near death. The priest will give the sacrament without you doing anything. It's that lax.
>>
>>136877002
fagans, pls go away
>>
File: reallymakesmethinkcatholics.png (1MB, 640x4687px) Image search: [Google]
reallymakesmethinkcatholics.png
1MB, 640x4687px
>>136877290
alright thats enough
>>
>>136877015
>distort the original message

Yeah too bad we are the original message

Protestants didn't exist for 15 centuries
>>
>>136877468
>hold on mom I can't eat my tendies yet I need to drop this sick infographic that no one will read

Nice
>>
>>136876915
The KJV was commissioned by a faggot king and contains many alterations from the original text
>>
>>136870201
You killed Jesus and now decide you want him. Fuck off kike. Your kinsman have done enough damage infiltrating Christianity
>>
>>136874785
Protestants are an extremely mixed bag. I am not denying the problems with Catholicism, but there are just as many problems floating around in Protestantism that manifest in different ways.

It all comes down to where the Spirit is really flowing.
>>
>>136870201
Don't they have Middle Eastern or Orthodox churches over there? I would suggest one of hose since it already has a community you are probably familiar with. Greek Orthodox has churches in the Levant I'm sure. I'm Catholic so I'm partial to that, but I'm not sure about the presence of the Catholic Church in Israel.
>>
>>136877655
Don't be an idiot

Everyone should convert to Christianity. Thats the only way you can destroy the jew

Jewish values cannot withstand Christian purity
>>
Christianity is a jewish scam. Screw both of these religions.
>>
>>136876952
>is this guy serious?

thats purposeful misrepresentation and you know it. were all called to church and i never said anything otherwise.

also were called to listen to GOD first and foremost, regardless of who hes speaking through. the disciples were not some divine second to Jesus, they were still just men who God worked through.

pretending they are more than that is still idol worship.
>>
>>136870201
Independent Baptists are what have America freedom of religion. Also they have an actual lineage that goes back to the time of Christ.
>>
>>136872340

What he means to say is you have to be baptized by the spirit in order to be saved. This happens through faith, believe me. the wolf part I think is a reference to jewish people being wolves as opposed to gentiles who are sheep.
>>
>>136877290
One day a pope will say it's ok to be gay, it's ok to fornicate, etc. and you catholics will eat it up because of "muh infallibility".
Don't you see the problem? It's so easily corrupted by both politics and the opinion of a single person. All it takes is one "liberal" pope and the whole Catholic Church will drown in degeneracy.
>>
>>136877856
Explain this then

Jesus clearly gives authority on Earth to Peter, who then establishes the foundations of the Catholic Church. The church is based on apostolic tradition which in many instances is unwritten tradition.

Keep in mind

◄ John 21:25 ►

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

This clearly validates the idea that nothing everything needs to be written down...because it would be impossible. Thereby invalidating sola scriptura
>>
File: g (501).jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
g (501).jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>136877655
Your very arrogant for a man who's salvation was a gift he did not deserve and he could never earn,

See you in the pit.
>>
>>136875786
If you MUST be a Jesusfag despite all the evidence against his messianic status, join a non-trinitarian, Ebionite-inspired community. At least you won't be fed Pauline garbage that Jesus never preached.

More info:
http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/ebionites.html
>>
>>136870201
>too much work for a normal person every single thing you don't do right you go to hell, if you don't confess to a priest before you die you go to hell, i accept christ as my lord and savior and believe he died for my sins and saved me i need help /pol/ any christians care to explain?
How can it be too much work? If you have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, do you not then know how He has suffered a most horrid death for you and your salvation? That He was whipped, made to wear a crown of thorns and crucified for the sake of all mankind?
How then can anything be too much work for anyone, when God made flesh has already undergone the greatest sacrifice?
>>
>>136870201
It's the modern world anon, none of it actually matters anymore.
Religions are only good for the community they provide and honestly Judaism is probably the best for that. Mormons are a pretty strong community but afaik they are really only noticeable in the US.

As for personal beliefs well they are personal. If you need a book to tell you how to act as a human being than you don't need religion, you need therapy. In public believe whatever benefits you most, in private believe whatever feels right.

In other words be a jew
>>
I knew a Baptist who openly hated fags and claimed anyone who didn't read KJL was a heretic. Oh boy was she surprised to find out James was a total flamer with a court butt buddy.
>>
>>136878069
If the pope dogmatically pronounces anything contrary to the magisterium he automatically excommunicates himself

So again you are wrong

Protestant understanding of the church is based on retarded memes
>>
>>136870201
read the Quran instead.
>>
>>136878069

>1st tim

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

6 If you point these things out to the brothers and sisters,[a] you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, nourished on the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed. 7 Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. 8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 9 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. 10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

11 Command and teach these things. 12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.
>>
>>136870201

Bullshit thread, bullshit flag, bullshit post, OP is a fag.

If you are a Jew, read Isaiah 53 until you realize that it's all about Jesus (no matter what the Jews tell you).
>>
>>136876952

>>136877290

What a great logic (sarcasm). Just about any idea is NOT legitimate if it is not biblical in origin. So don't lie.

The best thing about protestant offshoots is that people who don't accept a certain dogma (baptism as a baby as opposed when you are mature to understand matters of faith) can congregate on their own AS OPPOSED to being coerced to believe in one and one way only by an inquisition. The many offshoots do believe in Jesus Christ as the mediator between man and God, which unites us.

>>136877495

Such infantile logic, "we were for the longest time around". Well catholicism did such a good job that it ended up destroying Constantinople in 4th crusade, became a corrupt den of vipers as they started selling forgivness of sins (aka indulgences), the renaissance popes were satanic hypocrites who waged wars, were involved in the secular power game, committed adultery (having many bastard sons), indulgenced themselves in carnal pleasures. Good thing Martin Luther didn't slip in the hands of your inquisition for defying the "unerring pope", eh.
>>
>>136877990
Then where the hell were they during 1500 years?
>>
>>136870201

Catholicism is the most anti-semitic religon there is. The teachings and practices are meant to keep your mind occupied and clean. Distractions that are purely entertainment like porn is "satan" because it doesn't make you a better person nor do you do anything for anyone. Jews push for "satanic" practices.
>>
>>136878615
Yes, demons like the ones telling you to worship the Queen of Heaven, and the Mother of God.

Those demons.
>>
>>136870201
Relatedish

If I masturbate can I still go to heaven? And how to stop?
>>
>>136877624
>believing in the catholic church
nice pagan styled false Christianity
>>
>>136878493
Won't you be surprised when King James had absolutely no hand in fashioning the King James bible.
>>
>>136878414
Jesus and Paul are together now in heaven, wondering why you'd rather go to hell.
>>
>>136870201
Islam is the only true way to salvation.
>>
>>136878653
Why would God come to Earth and then wait 15 centuries to set things right?

>Protestant logic

Martin Luther ate his own shit because he thought it had health benefits. He tried to remove multiple books from the NT because they hurt his feelings. He advocated nuns and monks stop being virgins. And then he advocated mass genocide of Jews

real great guy
>>
File: st. jimmy.png (426KB, 340x580px) Image search: [Google]
st. jimmy.png
426KB, 340x580px
>>136878674
they were in hiding, until angel-pastor Jim (pbuh) revealed true KJV bible to baptists.
>>
>>136878355
Jesus gave authority to all of his disciples, not just Peter.

Petros is not the petra. In fact, by using the word petra, Petros is excluded from being the petra.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, learn some Greek and read the passage for yourself.

Binding and loosing are in the past perfect tense; they have already been accomplished. I can tell you the same things they could. Your sins were forgiven at the cross.

But you're still spiritually dead.
>>
>>136872367
This is ostensibly right. Non congregational Christians and at-home shul Jews know this.
>>
>>136878674
Hiding from being murdered by Rome.

Or being murdered by Rome.
>>
>>136878714
Its obviously bad and you should stop.

Thats why you should get married. Porn is the scourge of modern times
>>
File: king-elah-and-joel-osteen.png (1MB, 1200x643px) Image search: [Google]
king-elah-and-joel-osteen.png
1MB, 1200x643px
>>136873333
boom. checked.
Wesleyan theology is where it's at.
The Catholics and others are just simply bankers. Some of them are old souls (pic related)
>>
>>136870201
Read the New Testament. Jesus says you have to DO this. Protestants are retarded.
>>
>>136878699
Yup. And Jesus was a Jew. Glad to know you're following in your hero Hitler's footsteps on your way to meet him in hell.
>>
>>136878355
Easy he was talking about the spirit of revelation.

That is the rock. (For flesh and blood have not told you so.)
>>
>>136878496
Then why has it happened before?
See first paragraph of >>136878615 for example.

>Protestant
Martin Luther was no better. I'm non-denominational.
>>
>>136879081
>"have to do this"
whut
>>
>>136878714
You are dead.

Stop worrying about the sins of your flesh that hurt only you. You are dead. You need to be resurrected to life.
>>
>>136878871
Islam takes men to hell. Women too.
>>
>>136878355
>he meant the rock of the stament Peter had just previously made.

Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah

13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

which he was told by the spirit.

read the book of acts, the same authority afforded to them is afforded to us, through the name of Jesus.

read Ezekiel 37. he refers to him as "son of man" the same title as Christ because we are given his authority in relationship with him.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
>>
>>136878959
>all disciples

Then why did he mention just Peter by name?

>muh Greek

Sounds like Protestant mental gymnastics to me.
>>
>>136878904
And Martin Luther was a Catholic friar.
>>
>>136879081
Protestants, and all other Catholics, are all retarded, yes.
>>
>>136878653
Just imagine if you were the Pope with a direct line to God, Christ, Mary and 2000 saints. How selfish would you be if you werent continuously praying intercessionally to all these dead people who God listens to more than Jesus (despite the Bible).
>>
>>136879184
>“You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

This is the petra, the foundation of the Church.
>>
>>136879194
He mentioned all the other disciples by name too.

Your fixation on Peter is ponderous. Who do you worship? Jesus? or Peter?
>>
>>136879184
>2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Yeah this doesn't advocate Sola Scriptura at all.
>>
>>136879184
and for claification the statement Peter made was given to him AS A REVELATION OF THE SPIRIT. thats what Jesus meant.

why would he build the church on Peter? not everyone can be like Peter, and the church would be built on a fallible man if it was. The church is built on Christ alone, and the spirit filled revelation afforded to all of us.
>>
>>136879317
Imagine you could sprinkle water on the heads of infants and they would go to heaven. How selfish would you be to not be running around sprinkling water on every infant on earth?
>>
>>136876995
>(For example two radical divisions of catholic faith-works division and protestant sola fide, we see works as symptoms of faith and never had such divisions in the first place)
please explain this
>>
>>136879361
Keep reading, papist. And then look up "traditions of men" in the bible to see where you stand.
>>
>>136873737
Catholics are all pedos. Avoid, Anon.
>>
>>136879433
Not to mention a little while after this statement Jesus called Peter "satan". Oh, and then Peter denied Jesus thrice.
>>
>>136879357
>by name too

No he didn't. He just said Peter. Its very obvious.

How can you guys claim sola sciptura and then you just ignore exactly what the Bible says?

>>136879200
Keyword "was"
>>
>>136878871
You cannot know the father without Christ. I urge you to read the gospel books with testimony in the book of John.
>>
>>136873737
There's only one thing you have to concern yourself with, and that is regaining what Adam and Eve lost in the Garden of Eden; the indwelling presence of the Ruach Elohim, the Holy Spirit of God.

Jesus really is your Jewish Messiah, and you really do have to believe in Him to be saved.
>>
>>136879571
Yeah, and then he was an excommunicated Catholic.

All of the "protestants" were Catholics.

Catholics have never been Christians.
>>
>>136877495
Catholicism was invented hundreds of years after the life of Christ. It is a Roman institution - a worldly institution for worldly leaders, and it governs itself by worldly laws.

Christianity was divided into dozens of sects prior to the establishment of Catholicism. As early as Peter and Paul, the body was rife with internal conflict over spiritual teaching. Catholicism forced all sects to unite under Constantine by imperial law. That is the point where it becomes addressed as the singular church, however, even then other sects co-existed including Gnostics, Copts, and traces of early sects that would become known as heretical to Roman law.
>>
>>136879571
You don't think Jesus ever called any other disciple by his name?
>>
>>136879043
I'd like to, but nobody wants to get married at 20 anymore, especially at university

>>136879150
Well that sounds rather bad. How do I go about resurrecting myself?
>>
>>136879705
With roots back 4000 years to Babylon and the original "Queen of Heaven" and "Mother of God", Nimrod's wife Semiramis.
>>
>>136878706
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
dont let your pride get in the way of having a revelation about the word bro. your salvation is based on and should be focused on Christ alone. not some "holy leader" telling you what is right and wrong.

youre accountable to God alone, and the word is whats important.
>>
>>136879795
You can't.
>>
>>136871946
They have the same set of sins as the Roman Cahtolics, they are so similar that the correct technical term for the them is Eastern Catholics. They have a similar litturgy. As for the "works or grace" remember that before recieving God's grace and in order to truly appreciate it one must first be put under the law. God forgives you anon, also don't take all the rules in Roman catholicism too seriously, they're there for the people who need them but for those who understand they may recieve from God a state of grace
>>
>>136879479
its quite simple. If man has faith, that includes keeping commandments of God, of course, he does good works. therefore, good works are seen as sign of a living faith and not as separate entity as it is with catholicism with its weird merit system, that caused advancement of sola fide in protestantism
>>
>>136879815
Well what can I do then anon?
>>
>>136879801
My salvation is already assured and accomplished. The unsound doctrine you speak of is "All roads lead to God" and "all religions have some truth in them" and "God's mercy is infinite".
>>
>>136879565
Yes because humans are perfect and never sin. I can't believe Peter made a mistake. wow. imagine my shock.

>>136879491
2 Timothy 3:16 is the goto for Protestants. Its like you all went to the same brainwashing summer camp.

For that to be convincing it would need to read like this

>The Bible is the sole teaching authority and no apostolic traditions are valid

It doesn't because you are making shit up.

Nothing in the Bible can contradict Catholic theology. Same goes for that exact passage
>>
>>136879565
exactly.
>>
>>136875681
i'm having trouble undestanding that BEGOME ORDODOX meme
pls explain pls
>>
>>136870201
>As a kike who wants to convert to Christianity I'm having a hard time choosing a denomination. I wanted Catholicism at the start but after reading ALOT (about 2 years) about it it began to sound like too much work for a normal person every single thing you don't do right you go to hell, if you don't confess to a priest before you die you go to hell, i accept christ as my lord and savior and believe he died for my sins and saved me i need help /pol/ any christians care to explain? AND
>I beg you don't start with the Jew meme
>please be serious anon i am to fucking frusturated

Stay away from legalistic denominations/churches like the catholics who emphasize salvation through works. This is a tactic of control and you'll find these churches are borderline cultish in their approach to religion. They are engrossed in the organization and the church and this power structure and organization is all that matters to them. They are lost.

The "good news" of the gospel is that christ died and saved you. That's it. It's a gift. You don't have to work for it, you don't have to hail mary or confess to some sinful priest. None of that. God took care of everything, which is why he's god. You don't have to do anything, except try to live as moral of a life as possible, and live free and happy knowing that in the end God has saved you. He knows what you've done and what sins you will commit up until your dieing breath, and he has saved you.

So don't worry about it, as if Christ's sacrifice isn't enough. That's the most common lie/misunderstanding about christianity you will come across. And it exists because churches and religions like to use heaven as some barter for your allegiance or other actions, thus giving the religious leaders control over you. Proper christianity does not do this. It is a gift given by god with no strings attached.

Read the bible, lead a good life, help others and PRACTICE the example jesus provided. This is all God asks of us.
>>
>>136870201
Who gives a fuck about denominations. Just follow the Ten Commandments, have faith in Jesus Christ, and pray (don't pray in vain repetitions). And do good deeds for the sake of helping others and not to save yourself.
>>
>>136879880
If you want to be saved, you do what everyone who has been saved has done.

You confess with your mouth, that is to say out loud, that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead.

I suggest asking God for assistance in doing this, as his assistance is required.
>>
>>136879913
I worship Jesus, who never sinned.

You apparently worship Peter, a lowly sinner.
>>
>>136879824
thanks, that makes sense
>>
>>136875858
>Calling someone a heretic is supremely anti-christian.

>Jesus called out heretics all the time
>supremely anti-christian

You're a heretic, or just ignorant anon.
>>
>>136879913
2 Timothy 3:17

You stopped reading too early.
>>
>>136879795
>at university

You find good girls in very conservative churches. Find a place that says the Latin Mass and you will have a better shot.
>>
>>136878069
That is false. The Catholics have had internal division and disagreements with the Papacy forever. I see it all the time presently. Holy infallibility has not been around forever, also. The present concept has only been papal law for a couple of centuries.
>>
>>136879081
Do what? Go to church every sunday?
tell me in the bible where jesus told me to go to church every Sunday, or go to hell, it doesn't matter if i believe in Jesus accept him as my lord and savior be a good guy and do good things like visiting sick people, making people happy and being a good friend, nooo i am going to hell because i wasn't going to church every Sunday for the rest of my life. Jesus said believe me in me and you will be saved not believe in me and do EVERYTHING the church says and you will not go to hell. Catholicism pretty much is at this point that if you don't do a single thing although being a good person you go to hell with Hitler Stalin and every murderer and BAD PERSON in this world.
>>
>>136870201
There are no Christians.
You can't be something just because you title yourself it, you're a Christian by following Christian teaching.

Literally 0 percent of so called Christians follow their religions teaching. There's no charity going on among Christians, they're usually selfish and bigoted. There's no turning the other cheek. They break almost every one of the 10 commandments.

And they don't kill faggots like it says to in Leviticus 20:13

Really there are no Christians
>>
>>136879938
Catholics and Orthodox believe that salvation comes only to members of their church. Hence they have no idea what salvation is, what to do to be saved, how to know you're saved, etc. They just tell you what someone told them. Join my church.
>>
File: Monk-with-Bear.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Monk-with-Bear.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>136879938
Its just a sprudo meme about Orthodox. It is associated with orthodox because of Orthodox-Bears relations meme
>>
>>136879983
(Romans 9:10-13)
>>
>>136880055
nice dubbbbs but no that doesn't really change anything
>>
>>136878904

Catholic church started to become corrupt. Their panic-ridden counter-reformation started with the point that, yes, we have not done everything right. So Luther had a point, didn't he?

Shit eating is gross, yes, people were unenlightened back then.

He didn't remove any books from the NT then, did he?

As for the nuns and monks stopping being virgins, well, look at what your "virgin" catholic priests are doing to children. Not very healthy lifestyle is it, especially when god said "go and multiply". Even the "first pope" Peter was a married man!

As for the mass genocide for jews, he did point out their wickedness, but he did make it clear they should convert first. Not very much different from what the Spanish did to the Moriscos and Jews in Spain?

Peace.
>>
>>136880208
*Romans 10:9-13
>>
>>136880200
>>
My wife's son is also thinking about converting.
>>
>>136870201
southern baptist
>>
>>136880141
It's not enough knowing that Jesus is the messiah. You have to confess out loud that He is God; that Jesus is YHWH, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead.

In other words, you have to accept that Jesus, the Lamb of God, is your personal substitute sacrifice, so that the angel of death passes over you.
>>
>>136879899
see, now you're just flinging mud. I said no such thing. in fact im saying the opposite. Islam is demonic and evil, Catholism too. anything but the truth is a lie. and thats wrong.

there is no "personal truth" but revelation from God is just that FROM GOD. and just cause somebody says that "God says this" doesnt make it so.

You need to encounter God and talk with God daily yourself so you discern truths from lies and have a strong functional relationship with him.

>matthew 7

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
>>
>>136880145
Christians are transformed into Christians; we don't work our way into it.
>>
>>136870201
I found that Baptism is the most simple and logical form of Christianity. All you have to do is believe that Jesus has died and resurrected and he took over all your sins. It may look too good to be true but that's what it is. Give it a try
>>
>>136880240
All
every

There's no gap where "tradition" fills in.
>>
File: 1495343808200.jpg (1MB, 3125x2084px) Image search: [Google]
1495343808200.jpg
1MB, 3125x2084px
>>136870201
>>136879819
Read this

IRENAEUS having enquired why the Law was ever given, seeing that Paul declares it to be injurious: S. Ambrose replies that it would have been useless, had we kept that natural law which is written on our hearts, and is found even in infants; but that, this being broken, the former became necessary, that it might take away all excuse by its manifestation of that sin which was afterwards removed by the grace of Christ.

Beginning of the Letter -
Greatly, it would seem, have you been moved by the lesson from the Apostle, having heard read to-day, Because the Law worketh wrath; for where no law is, there is no transgression. And therefore you have thought fit to ask why the Law was promulgated, if it profited nothing, nay rather, by working wrath and bringing in transgression, was injurious....Now the world becomes guilty before God by the Law, in that all are made amenable to its prescripts, but no man is justified by its works. And since by the Law comes the knowledge of sin, but not the remission of guilt, the Law, which has made all sinners, would seem to have been injurious.....But when the Lord Jesus came, He forgave all men that sin which none could escape, and blotted out the handwriting against us by the shedding of His own Blood. This then is the Apostle's meaning; sin abounded by the Law, but grace abounded by Jesus; for after that the whole world became guilty, He took away the sin of the whole world, as John bore witness, saying: Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. Wherefore let no man glory in works, for by his works no man shall be justified, for he that is just hath a free gift, for he is justified by the Bath. It is faith then which delivers by the blood of Christ, for Blessed is the man to whom sin is remitted, and, pardon granted.

Farewell, my son; love me, for I also love you

Letter 73 by saint Ambrose
>>
>>136880245
They were corrupt from the beginning; pagans merely took a bath and called themselves Christians.
>>
Hi, Schlomo.
Catholicism is heresy that preaches salvation by works. I could go into the ins and outs of its heretical nature, but I'm a bit busy in the 3d world as of right now.
The fact is, if you put your faith into Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour, and if you believe that his death has saved you and NOTHING else can save you, then you are saved. Simple. If we were saved based on how good we are via works, none of us would be saved, because none of us are rid of sin. That means confession before a priest constantly is a bit pointless, just ask the Lord for forgiveness. As I said, the Catholic Church is completely wrong on most things.
tl;dr only Jesus' death gets you into Heaven. You deserve Hell in reality, but his death will save you if you believe it to be so.
>>
>>136873907
>How are mormons not Christian?

You wouldn't be asking this if you knew anything about Christianity and Mormonism.
>>
>>136880141
Look buddy

The Catholic Church was created by Jesus. Jesus then gave authority to the apostles to run it as he instructed them (apostolic tradition)

If you don't like the rules thats fine. They still apply to you anyway.

You say you want to convert but you aren't even willing to open up your mind and look at doctrine from the perspective of the church

So if you want to rebel against the proper authority and the laws set down by that authority...fine. Go ahead. See how that works for you
>>
>>136880388
Maybe you're confusing something I posted.
>>
JEW JEW JEW JEW JEW
GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS
>>
>>136880432
Sounds so simple, and yet requires supernatural assistance to actually perform.
>>
>>136880321
what religion is your wife's son?
>>136880384
what you are saying is what i truly believe but in what i wrote i didn't mention that i truly believe he is
>God; that Jesus is YHWH, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead,the Lamb of God, is your personal substitute sacrifice, so that the angel of death passes over you. you get what i'm saying
>>
>>136870201

Just be a protestant cuz you don't have to go to church and don't have to read the bible and get to make up your own rules about jesus. That's why we have so many protestants in america.
>>
>>136873907
They believe that Jesus is just a created being who attained divinity by basically being a good mormon, and that there is an infinite regression of such people who deified themselves in the past eternity.
>>
>>136880557
Nope. It's just the Roman empire with a whitewash. It's as corrupt and evil as the empire ever was, and more bloody.
>>
>>136880557
I didn't know Jesus went to the Vatican and established the current structure of the Catholic Church. It's pure nonsense to say that he did establish the Catholic Church. Even if he did (he didn't), the Catholic Church of today preaches many heresies that go against the word of God.
>>
>>136880658
If you believe He is, and can say aloud He is your Lord, and know in your heart God raised Him from the dead, we will meet in heaven.
>>
>>136870201
Protestants are just Christians playing on easy mode

>HURR DURR IMMA SAVED BOY

Being a Catholic actually requires you to actively do things and follow proper laws.
>>
>>136880606
Yep. It's called Holy Ghost. If you feel it working in you you are saved. Otherwise you didn't believe in the first place
>>
>>136880666
Fuck off, Satan.
>>
>>136880796
>THATS IT BOY YOU JUST GOTTA SAY DEM MAGIC WORDS AND U BE SAVED
>>
File: 1495305416709.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495305416709.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>136880488
Also some Protestants actually do really agree with Catholics, knowing Faith is not true in heart without good deeds to accomplish it, but there is a great language barrier in the way and Catholics do not speak the same way as protestants. Some protestants really are mroe of the extreme "sola fide" crowd but there are several versions of that doctrine among protestants. Even Martin Luther stressed good deeds. Here's Pope Clement I of Rome on salvation. Again I stress that the two reasons for "Catholics not being sola fide" is either there is a language barrier and there are mainline protestants that require good deeds in salvation (as evidence to the true heart of a man) and that some are to be put under the law

>Whosoever will candidly consider each particular, will recognise the greatness of the gifts which were given by him. For from him have sprung the priests and all the Levites who minister at the altar of God. From him also [was descended] our Lord Jesus Christ according to the flesh. From him [arose] kings, princes, and rulers of the race of Judah. Nor are his other tribes in small glory, inasmuch as God had promised, "Thy seed shall be as the stars of heaven." All these, therefore, were highly honoured, and made great, not for their own sake, or for their own works, or for the righteousness which they wrought, but through the operation of His will. And we, too, being called by His will in Christ Jesus, are not justified by ourselves, nor by our own wisdom, or understanding, or godliness, or works which we have wrought in holiness of heart; but by that faith through which, from the beginning, Almighty God has justified all men; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
>>
>>136870201
Go for Orthodoxy, OP, I converted when I started uni. It's the way to go.
>>
>>136880822
Yes. Your works save you by putting God in your debt. God owes you.
>>
>>136880069
There are very few conservative churches in the UK, most are Anglican and the majority of the rest are "muh jeezus was a pacifist who loved gays and smoked pot" tier
>>
>>136880959
Supernatural, not magic, and yes. Per the bible. You know, the Word of God.
>>
>>136870441
I especially like the part in the Bible where Jesus says we should have saints and a pope.
>>
>>136880961
Deeds do not accomplish faith, and deeds do not contribute to salvation.
>>
>>136880141
Do what God (through the Bible) says, not what the church says.
You don't have to do any "rituals" or anything like that to be saved.
That being said, this is not a license to sin.
>“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” —Matthew 7:21-23
While it is a great thing to do charity, you can still go to hell if you live a wicked live. You can not "buy" your way to heaven. If you really love God you will keep his commandments.
>>
>>136879913
Dude, i gotta tell you. I feel like youre pride is getting in the way of you perceiving the truth being presented in the word here.

I'm not trying to say "I'm right and you're wrong". But a faith built around man, is no faith at all. it needs to be built around a PERSONAL ENCOUNTER WITH GOD, not here say.

you say "you cant understand the word without a church leader." I'M saying you cant understand the word without a living breathing PERSONALLY INVOLVED relationship with God.

putting a middle man between you and God is as bad as replacing God entirely. And you'll never truly know him if you do this. Nor will he know you, and you'll be turned away from the gates of heaven.

I only say this cuz I used to have a severe problem with that too, putting Go0d at a distance. You're not meant to live like that.
>>
>>136881058
And gold cups and thrones, with a statue of him surviving a nuclear blast inside a building shaped like the head of a snake.

Hezekiah 2:2
>>
accept Jesus as you're Lord and savior, pray daily, and read your Bible. that's all you gotta do. Catholicism is a satanic cult- not much different from Judaism.
>>
File: 1495343114919.png (1MB, 597x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495343114919.png
1MB, 597x900px
>>136880961
>>136880488
Here's more proof that some converts are to be put under strict law codes than usual christians, because they were once pagan. The law code is to be relatively close to Torah. This is for reasons that Paul and Ambrose state, that man cannot understand forgiveness without first being disciplined. Either way man needs good works to be saved, not as a wage, but as proof of an obedient heart. Take care and Ill pray for you
>Many of the Jews settled in those parts have been brought to the font of baptism more by force than by preaching. Now, I consider the intention in such cases to be worthy of praise, and allow that it proceeds from the love of our Lord. But I fear lest this same intention, unless adequate enforcement from Holy Scripture accompany it, should either have no profitable result, or even (which God forbid) the loss of the souls which we wish to save should further ensue. For, when any one is brought to the font of baptism, not by the sweetness of preaching, but by compulsion, he returns to his former superstition, and dies the worse from having been born again. Let, therefore, your Fraternity stir up such men by frequent preaching, to the end that through the sweetness of their teacher they may desire the more to change their old life. For so our purpose is rightly accomplished, and the mind of the convert returns not again to his former vomit. Wherefore discourse must be addressed to them, such as may burn up the thorns of error in them, and illuminate what is dark in them by preaching, so that your Fraternity may through your frequent admonition receive a reward for them, and lead them, so far as God may grant it, to the regeneration of a new life.

-Pope Gregory the Great
>>
>>136881011
>God owes you

LOL the audacity of that statement

>>136881027
that sucks. but like I said you need to find traditional Catholic groups

SSPX, Tridentine groups

This is where you will find weird homeschooled chicks who just want to be a mommy
>>
>>136881071
Romans 10
But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
>>
>>136880959
That's what the Bible says, Dingus.
You deserve Hell. I deserve Hell. Every single person alive today deserves Hell. The only reason I'm not going to Hell is because I believe Christ rid me of that by dying and paid the wages of my sin.
Romans 5:1 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Just because you actively have to do things doesn't mean it's correct. You undermine Christ's gift of salvation by believing you yourself are worthy of Heaven by your deeds.
>>
>>136880565
nope, i responded correctly. either that or what you wrote was not accurately worded.
>>
>>136881237
I'm glad the sarcasm was evident.
>>
>>136876588
Sadly that's the bad thing about orthodoxy, westerners don't join because it's too ethnic and it's too ethnic because westerners don't want to join, I mean everyone can become an orthodox but there are just not enough orthodox westerners.
If I remember correctly there are plenty of orthodox English speaking churches in America though, so you could search around,...
>>
>>136881027
Mate, you're forgetting Northern Ireland. It's probably THE most religious area of Northwestern Europe.
>>
>>136881349
>My salvation is already assured and accomplished. The unsound doctrine you speak of is "All roads lead to God" and "all religions have some truth in them" and "God's mercy is infinite".

Show me the mud flinging.
>>
>>136881375
Not many people want to wait in line to be slapped in the face with wheat grass.
>>
>>136880959
You got it wrong. You have to BELIEVE it, not just say it
>>
>>136881118
My faith isn't based on men.

The Catholic Church is an organization. I don't believe in Jesus because my priest tells me to.

You say middle man but honestly I don't see it that way

>confession
>eucharist

I just see the priest acting on behalf of God to help me out.
>>
>>136881515
The lost cannot help the lost.
>>
>>136881457
Not too many people want to fall for a cash4heaven scam either
>>
>>136870201
sorry your kike genes have condemned you to hell, you cannot convert
>>
File: 1493694815250.png (184KB, 1794x547px) Image search: [Google]
1493694815250.png
184KB, 1794x547px
>>136881070
except that James said "faith without works are dead." Faith if it is real will guide the man's hands to to whatever he believes in his heart. Good deeds are required but you probably misunderstand me. Catholics talk differently than Protestants but there are times when the Church Fathers make themselves clearer to their words

God allowed his Son to suffer as if a condemned sinner, so that we might be delivered from the penalty of our sins. This is God’s righteousness, that we are not justified by works (for then they would have to be perfect, which is impossible), but by grace, in which case all our sin is removed. - John of Chrysostom

Remember all these men that I quoted are Catholics
>>
>>136881559
True. Which is why wise people never give money to anyone who says he's a man of God.
>>
>>136881503
>>136881306
YES BOY JUST STAND UP ON DEM DERE MOUNTAINS AND SAY JESUS DUN LOVED ME AND I IZ SAVED

THEN WE GONNA WASH YOU IN THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER BOY
>>
>>136880141
OP just wanted to tell you i know a few jewish converts at my Baptist church. One lady described her journey of faith to me. She gottried a strong desire to know God instead of just assuming her dna was a ticket to paradise, which led her to the bible and accepting Christ without ever stepping foot in a church. Her first church experience was attending catholic church which in er words seemed stiff structured and impersonal and didnt like the long confirmation. So she tried a Baptist church and was just surprised by the community and depth of the sermons and sunday school in comparison. She says her jewish husband is still a depressed atheist though.
>>
>>136881515
You can just pray to God. Needing a conduit or a middle man just undermines your connection to God.
It's like how C*tholics pray "with" saints and Mary. NOWHERE in the Bible does it say to do so. It is an invention of the C*tholic Church. It weakens your connection to God.
>>
>>136881608
Yes, faith in Buddha will not produce the works of the Spirit.
Faith in Krishna will not produce the works of the Spirit.
Faith in your dead ancestors will not produce the works of the Spirit.
Faith in Mohammad or allah will not produce the works of the Spirit.

Such faith is dead. They do not produce the works of the Spirit.

Only faith in the risen Christ Jesus produces the works of the Spirit.
>>
>>136881616
I would take that route over yours, all day, every day.
>>
>>136881011
WOW, that is a prideful statement if I've ever seen one.

watch what you say, seriously man, God doesn't take that stuff lightly.

also,

Romans 9:16

So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.

Romans 11:6

But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
>>
>>136881387
Alright Ian, how's smashing Sinn Fein going?
>>
>>136881676

One More For Israel

I think that's the name of it. Bunch of Israelis getting saved making Youtube videos.

Shocking thing to me is almost all of them were shocked when they realized/found out that Jesus was Jewish.
>>
>>136881608
No contradiction here. Without works you didn't have faith in the first place. Works are the effect not the cause of faith
>>
>>136875786
>not doing what a CHURCH not GOD or the BIBLE tells me so is idolatry?
The idea that if something is not in the Bible, you should discard is, is a Protestant invention. Decisions of the Church, texts of the Holy Fathers, Ecumenical Councils, liturgy texts, icons, hymns, etc. are all legit sources of Christian tradition and teaching. The Church was established by Christ and lead through the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>136881267
>>136881306
You are confused about the word "believe". Satan believes Jesus existed and raised from the dead. Is he going to heaven as well?
>John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."
Trust is an essential part in believing in Jesus. If you don't repent and keep living in sin you don't really trust Jesus.
>>
>>136881751
I guess the sarcasm didn't come through to everyone.

Protip: God owes you nothing. Not even a means by which you might be saved. That's the message I intended for the papist who was touting work based salvation.
>>
>>136881616
Any counter-argument beyond insults? Provide some scriptural basis for disagreeing with me. Religion ISN'T about how holier than thou you are (that phrase actually comes from the Bible, believe it or not). You can't reach perfection because you're a sinner by birth and by nature.
So, yeah, provide some scripture rather than insult me. Bit hard for a C*tholic, I understand, since you lads traditionally don't like reading the word of God in your own language and, y'know, being able to UNDERSTAND it.
>>
>>136878714
masturbation, fornication, sodomy, etc., etc. is not in and of itself the sin. it is God's way of letting you know that you are a miserable degenerate. Get rid of the Sin inside you and the masturbation will take care of itself. The only commandment is love the lord thy God with all thy heart
>>
>>136870201

Anyways dear OP here's a list of messianic congregations in Israel http://app.kehilanews.com/directory. I am sure you will find a perfect one just for you. Im'ma go to bed soon, so peace and shalom my brother from the tribe of Judah!
>>
>>136870201
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vK1JxY2xR8&feature=youtu.be

gotta find the good independent baptist or church of christ churches. the more fundamentalist the better.

AVOID CALVANISTS
>>
>>136881947
Masturbation and fornication are natural. Sodomy isn't
>>
>>136881886
Satan is barred from saying that Jesus is his Lord, because he is an angel, and the New Covenant applies only to human beings.

So no, your "human belief and demon belief are the same" is kind of irrelevant.

What the author of Romans is saying is that if you believe in your heart God raised Jesus from the dead, and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, you will be saved.

Not the devil. He has no salvation. He is doomed, and I praise God for that.
>>
>>136880557
>Look buddy
>The Catholic Church was created by Jesus. Jesus then gave authority to the apostles to run it as he instructed them (apostolic tradition)

Source needed. Make sure your source is found in the bible. None of this "catholic documents verify the claims of the catholic church" crap.

>If you don't like the rules thats fine. They still apply to you anyway.

I don't recognize catholic authority over anything but its adherents. You don't speak for god, no matter how much you try.

>You say you want to convert but you aren't even willing to open up your mind and look at doctrine from the perspective of the church

See? Everyone should read this. Doctrine according to the church. The church is the way, the truth and the life. Catholicism is basically a cult.

>So if you want to rebel against the proper authority and the laws set down by that authority...fine. Go ahead. See how that works for you

Do you even read your own bullshit? Where in the bible does it say ANYWHERE that salvation is through the catholic church alone? Salvation is through Jesus Christ. Not your fucking man-made organization which diddles kids and covers it up.

The bible doesn't even establish the catholic church anywhere. Not anywhere.

Why are catholics so idolatrous? You would gladly drink the pope's piss if the church deemed it holy, nevermind what scripture says about it. Just like a good catholic. Viciously dogmatic and loyal, extremely ignorant to anything relating to theology. But who needs theology when you have your church?
>>
>>136881681
>undermines

No if anything it strengthens it. I love the Catholic Church even if the people inside it aren't perfect and even if the pope is currently being an idiot.

The church is the bride of Christ

>C*tholics

What are you a fucking jew or something lol

>>136881740
DATS IT BOY SAY IT LOUD AND PROUD

HOLD DIS SNAKE NOW BOY AND SING WITH ME
>>
>>136881608
nothing about salvation there.

speaks about keeping your faith and relationship growing and alive.
>>
>>136870201
Just a reminder that sola scriptura is a big heresy. There's only one holy catholic and apostolic Church in this world.
>>
>>136881886
Indeed, but that means repentance, not aspiring to be some little angel on Earth, since that's impossible. Faith and repentance. It isn't a matter of believing he exists, but believing that he has saved you and accepting his gift of salvation, IMO.
>>
>>136882050
Calvinists are kind of easy to avoid.
>>
File: 1496072228899.png (3MB, 1500x998px) Image search: [Google]
1496072228899.png
3MB, 1500x998px
>>136881705
yes I agree. My Point is that there are times when Like with Gregory above converts are to be put under the law, temporarliy, to be taught grace further on, and there are times when they are genuinely misunderstood. Catholic commentaries on the faith alone proof texts are simply this:

Righteous faith is the heart of a man that is truly convicted. If you have conviction then you are not going to hell. And yes God's forgiveness is free but there are people who just dont understand that fully without going to a priest on earth ,There are reasons for everything
>>
>>136882097
I would even take the route of the rather silly snake handlers over yours.
>>
>>136882097
The Church that engages in paedophilia is the bride of Christ? Can you read what you're typing?
>>
>>136876588
Google the texts and chant. Or you can just listen, that's okay too.

>do I just keep going to protestant church while holding orthodox views
Orthodox views should be telling you not to go to a Protestant church. Especially since confession and communion can only be given by an Orthodox priest.

>>136881375
It shouldn't be ethnic, though. And people should ignore that and join anyway. Salvation and proper worship is worth getting weird views from a couple of other people at the church.
>>
>>136882128
>There's only one holy catholic and apostolic Church in this world.

There is nothing holy about the Whore of Babylon, and mixing the holy (the bible) with the unholy (mankind's traditions) is why the whore is the whore.
>>
>>136870201
Jesus Is the only path to the father
>>
>>136882206
I'm sorry you thought I gave a fig about what the Whore of Babylon says.

I don't.
>>
>>136882244
Also, you have yet to provide scriptural basis to counter-argue in anything. All you've done is insult people.
>>
File: 1502165231906.jpg (237KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1502165231906.jpg
237KB, 2048x1536px
Daily reminder that no one has ever been converted by theological arguments in modern times.

Everything is about "doing" and bearing witness to the faith by actions

I enjoyed shitposting with you tonight but its time for din din

ONE
HOLY
CATHOLIC
APOSTOLIC
>>
>>136871287
>That's not what the Catholic church says. they say church attendance IS mandatory for salvation, this is my struggle with the church, if you miss mass and don't confess, you go to hell, sounds ridiculous to me

Who said that false narrative? CNN?

Catholics usually dont emphasize/obsessed on heaven or hell, because we tend to think the Father is merciful/generous.
See:
Luke 15:11-32 - The Parable of the Lost Son
Matthew 20:1-16 - The Parable of Vineyard Worker

Just try to life a good honest life, thats all.
>>
>>136882248
>Especially since confession and communion can only be given by an Orthodox priest.

Cult.
>>
>>136882128
I love Christ and the Bible, why cant we be Christian brothers? Because of Francis?
>>
>>136882083
I feel like this exchange could be done in a more Christ honoring way.

but both of you have vaild points to a degree. turning the church into an idol is evil, but yes the church was established as a community through which God can work to bring revelation.
>>
>>136882072
sin is sin, its still no different, you think you are more forgiveable than a faggot? you are the same in gods eyes. A faggot is probably a little further down the road to damnation, but it is the same road, it doesn't make you saved because you are jerking off to straight porn instead of gay porn
>>
>>136882365
You need him to find "by your fruits you shall know them" and "if they say they love God, but hate their brother, they lie and the truth is not in them"?

Don't you know the bible better than he does?
>>
>>136882402
>Just try to life a good honest life, thats all.

Good way to go to hell. Minimizes the pain and anguish you inflict on people who might not be content going to hell.
>>
File: 1474368913697.jpg (417KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1474368913697.jpg
417KB, 1008x1008px
>>136881193
WRONG QUOTATION HERES HE CORRECT ONE

Tell him that I have long been considering with myself about the case of the Angli; to wit, that the temples of idols in that nation should not be destroyed, but that the idols themselves that are in them should be. Let blessed water be prepared, and sprinkled in these temples, and altars constructed, and relics deposited, since, if these same temples are well built, it is needful that they should be transferred from the worship of idols to the service of the true God; that, when the people themselves see that these temples are not destroyed, they may put away error from their heart, and, knowing and adoring the true God, may have recourse with the more familiarity to the places they have been accustomed to. And, since they are wont to kill many oxen in sacrifice to demons, they should have also some solemnity of this kind in a changed form, so that on the day of dedication, or on the anniversaries of the holy martyrs whose relics are deposited there, they may make for themselves tents of the branches of trees around these temples that have been changed into churches, and celebrate the solemnity with religious feasts. Nor let them any longer sacrifice animals to the devil, but slay animals to the praise of God for their own eating, and return thanks to the Giver of all for their fullness, so that, while some joys are reserved to them outwardly, they may be able the more easily to incline their minds to inward joys.

-Pope Gregory the Great
>>
>>136882083
>W-WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY???
see
>>136881882
>>
>>136870201
John 14King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

>6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

>15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
>>
>>136882536
Yup. Pagan to Catholic was a seamless transition.
>>
>>136882248
Yup, that's what I'm saying too, it's just ethnic because people are scared of "those crazy Russians" or whatever
Find an orthodox church that suits your tastes anon, don't be scared of the language barrier
>>
It warms my heart to see a kike trying to get away from their satanic thalmudist ways.

Godspeed anon.
>>
>>136882649
Pay denbts.
>>
>>136882644
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

>21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.
>>
>>136882475
I know a couple of guys named Saul and Levi who also know about forgiveness and repentance.
>>
>>136882669
Indeed.
>>136882478
How do you mean?
>>
>>136881797
C*tholics are gaining ground in Ulster.
I might move to the Protestant part of Ulster. Too many unbelievers in Cardiff.
>>
>>136882698
Uh oh
JESUS'S IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR
there! Protestant heaven here I come!
>>
>>136874889
you sound like a little kid, probably trolling for attention instead of seriously considering conversion. the answers lie with a priest (pastors are a meme, which is why they are often women or gay.) You will have to face one and when you bring your 9gag attitude to him, he will turn you away- and you know it, so you'll never go. go back to your synagogue, Schlomo if you are just gonna waste people's time. People actually do take their religion seriously, except lapsed Jews that are only interested in their dicks and bank accounts
>>
>>136870201
Hey OP, Catholic here. Theology grad student as well. Seriously, Catholicism is the way to go. What's your hang up?
>>
>>136878801
Paul was a false apostle who never met Jesus while he was around. He contradicted Jesus and Jewish laws, and many Jewish Christians saw him as a fraud.
>>
>>136882798
I mean that by seeing how murderous, evil, and sexually immoral the catholic church has been for 1700 years, it's easily discernible to someone not brainwashed by Rome that it has nothing to do with Jesus at all.
>>
File: IMG_6177.jpg (775KB, 1667x2500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6177.jpg
775KB, 1667x2500px
>>136870201
While churches can be helpful I'd recommend looking into the earliest versions of the scriptures that you can find.

Many of Christ's original messages have been diluted or corrupted. It's similar what happened with the Talmud/Hadiths of Judaism/Islam corrupting the Torah/Koran.

I think that Catholicism is a good starter but Lutheranism is where it's at. Remember that it is about your own relationship with God.
>>
>>136870201
How did you become convinced? I don't see any more arguments for christianity than I see for judaism. Except for the fact that Judaism was created by some dude sitting all alone next to a suspicious tree, hiding from people, probably consuming some 'forbidden fruit' if you know what I mean, while the creation of the New Testament was public, thus more trustworthy. Yet again, to be christian you still have to accept the Old Testament.
Also, the New Testament is called Testament because Jesus dies, but why is the Old Testament called a Testament?
>>
>>136882402
Is that really it, anon?
Every Catholic I see is using fear saying i am going to hell if i don't do this and that...
I am trying to live a good life accepting Jesus and being a good person will that get me in to heaven, anon?
i am really depressed about this.
>>
>>136882963
Oh, indeed. Completely barbaric at times.
>>
>>136882944
Jesus rose from the dead. He's around.

Galatians 1
But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone; nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days.

There's where Paul spent years with Jesus.
>>
>>136870201
Why do you want to convert? Before I give advice I must first deduce whether or not yours is just one of many shitposts around these hallowed halls.
>>
>>136883043
Jesus rose from the dead.
>>
>>136883081
Read Isaiah 53

Know that Isaiah is referring to Jesus.

Go.
>>
>>136883042
Luther denied free will. He wrote a whole book on it. You can read it right now. He also said "better a Turk than a tiara (monarch Catholic)
>>
>>136883102
Is that pedophile Cardinal on trial down under yet?
>>
>>136883280
Yes, Catholic friar Martin Luther was wrong on many things, including his Catholic inspired hatred of Jews.
>>
>>136883100
Many of Paul's supposed letters weren't even written by him; about half of them are hoaxes.
>>
>>136882921
>What's your hang up?
He wants to jerk off without feeling guilty.

>>136882944
>Paul was a false apostle
>>136883042
>Many of Christ's original messages have been diluted or corrupted
Memes.
>>
>>136883081
My brother, you are not going to Heaven based on your goodness. If we were to go to Heaven based on that, none of us would go to Heaven, because we're all sinful, worldly people who should go to Hell. You ONLY go to Heaven for believing that Jesus has saved you:
Romans 5:1 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Just because you actively have to do things doesn't mean it's correct. You undermine Christ's gift of salvation by believing you yourself are worthy of Heaven by your deeds.
This does not mean be a degenerate, nor does it mean have no regret about sin and not ask forgiveness from God, but it means that you will only be saved by sole virtue of Christ's blood.
God bless.
>>
>>136883331
James 1 says man has free will look it up. Martin Luther was not the only man in the Catholic church to criticize the jews, many popes have done so
>>
>>136883386
He dictated many things because of his eye disease.

You don't have to believe Paul is the greatest of all the apostles; you don't have to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God; you don't have to go to heaven.

Not sure why you care about these things.
>>
>>136883180
No you dumbass, it's about the Jewish nation as a whole. Read the whole chapter and the context of when it was written
>>
>>136883474
Yes, all popes and virtually all Catholics are wrong about virtually everything in the bible. Well said. Glad we could agree on something.
>>
>>136870201
Hello Brother. I will try to give you some helpful info.

I'm glad you're trying to find your way to christ. You have come to Christ in dark times as we are most probably in the age of apostasy. This means that modern churches are preaching false doctrines and not the true Gospel.

You do not need to join a Church or belong to a specific sect of Christianity to be a Christian. All you need to do is believe in the Gospel as found in 1st Corinthians 15:1-4. This is what will save you: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+15%3A1-4&version=ESV

As a believer you are part of the Church. The modern definition is messed up. The Church is the body of people (often refereed to as the body of Christ) who have accepted Christs blood atonement for their sins, the building is not important. Singing songs and paying tithes does not make you a Christian.

The common belief (and a false teaching taught in most "churches") that works saves a person is wrong. Once you have faith in Jesus's sacrifice you are a saved Christian forever and sealed with the holy spirit of God. Only faith saves, only faith puts you under God's grace and once you are under his grace you are under it forever.

I would advice you learn all you can about Christ and true doctrine. First of all I would concentrate on building a relationship with Jesus and come to accept the gift he has offered you and going to some building and singing a bunch of old songs probably isn't going to help you with that.
>>
>>136883544
When Jews become saved it is usually because they finally realize that the lie they have been told, that Isaiah 53 is about Israel, is really about Jesus.
>>
>>136882921
Salvation.
I love the traditions and everything about Catholicism except the idea of mortal and venial sins and salvation. you go to hell because you skip mass and don't confess it but you still live your life with a good spirit being a good honest person accepting Jesus as your lord and savior and knowing he died on the cross for you...
you go to hell because you masturbate being a thing of human nature but still living your life a good person accepting Jesus.
is it really it anon. i am starting to get more and more depressed about this...
does Jesus really love me if every little thing i don't do right i go to hell?
>>
>>136883607
That's not much proof, besides Martin Luther prefered Arabs over jews. A terrible mistake, arabs are not human, but Jews are
>>
File: images (23).jpg (12KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
images (23).jpg
12KB, 246x205px
>>136870441
And the Orthodox Church. We exist too, remember that.
And remember we've been doing a lot more protecting the values of the Church of Christ than the Catholic Church (which has been compromised for a while now) have done in recent years.
>>
File: IMG_5285.jpg (69KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5285.jpg
69KB, 480x360px
>>136883280
You guys are so into identifying with a denomination. To me the denomination is less important than the teachings of Christ.

There is no "one-stop know-it-all" path to salvation. Each individual must find his or her way. So I admire your critique of Luther. Personally I think that we have a mix of Free Will and determinism. After all we can't psychologically change our innate preferences. But we can make choices based on them.
>>
>>136883539
Paul literally created Christianity as we know it. If he's wrong then all of mainstream Christianity is bullshit.
>>
>>136883544
The traditional Jewish interpretation was that this passage referred to the Messiah. The Jewish scholars during the early Christian era clearly thought that this passage was Messianic. They paraphrase Isaiah 42:1 as “Behold my Servant Messiah” and Isaiah 53 as “Behold my Servant Messiah will prosper.”13 Fruchtenbaum points out, “All of the ancient Jewish writings – the Mishnah, the Gemara, (the Talmud), the Midrashim and many others – all regard this portion of Scripture as relating to the Messianic Person.”14 It was Rashi, around 1050 A.D. who first suggested that it refers to Israel. However, Rashi’s views sparked fierce debate with the great rabbi Maimonides strongly opposing Rashi’s claims.
>>
>>136874889
What makes you think that you are worthy of Salvation at all? Have you seen the state of humanity, have you thought about the immense evil we routinely engage in? Has it occurred to you that Sin = Death. Jesus came to pay the price of our sins but that does not mean we are given licence to further offend God. Read the Catechism, understand the difference between venial and mortal sin and save your soul. Also do not forget that under Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile. Honestly by your objections you sound like a sinner who just wants an easy get out of jail free card...
>>
>>136883720
I don't need to prove anything. I'm agreeing that Catholics are misguided, lost pagans with virtually zero redeeming qualities.
>>
>>136883720
Fuck off vermin.
>>
>>136883042
>Lutheranism
Really? The "Christians" who go to gay pride parades? Give me a break.
>>
>>136883775
Each denomination has a set of doctrines that it teaches. Lutheranism and Calvinism BOTH deny free will, something no Church Father has ever denied.,Some argue Augustine did not believe in free will right before he died but as far as I have read I am genuinely confused as to how it is even a proof at all that he denied free will he made himself quite clear calling Sirach Scripture which has a verse in it in ch 15 that literally says BY THE LETTER "God in the beginning created human beings
and made them subject to their own free choice."
>>
>>136883665
Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins.
The life is in the blood.
The wages of sin is death.

Nothing has changed. That's still the way things are. We are all sinners; we have all come short of the glory of God; we all deserve death; and we cannot be forgiven without blood being shed.

Jesus, the Lamb of God, the one Abraham promised God would provide, shed His blood on a cross 2000 years ago and paid the sin debt for all of humanity for all time.

There is only one sin left, and that is Unbelief, aka blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>136883851
Jesus literally created Christianity before He made the universe.
>>
File: Revelations 12.jpg (707KB, 1160x6760px) Image search: [Google]
Revelations 12.jpg
707KB, 1160x6760px
>>136880145
>There's no charity going on among Christians
2 Corinthians 6:14-17King James Version (KJV)

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

2 Thessalonians 2:3King James Version (KJV)

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Revelation 12:1-6King James Version (KJV)

12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The end times are here and there already is a great falling away/apostasy. The Revelations 12 : 1-6 is on 9/23/217.
>>
>>136884145
Reminder that the rapture will be after the Tribulation.
>>
>>136882921
Are Baptists hellbound anon?
>>
>>136883665
Avoidance of sin, fasting, prayer, confession and communion, these are all tools that you use to cleanse your soul from impurity and bring yourself closer to God. What the Church tells you not to do are things that taint your soul. It is not God who turns His eye away from you when you soul is impure, but it is yourself. Having a rotten soul disables you from experiencing God and His Grace in a positive manner.

It's not about following arbitrary rules to please God's temper, it's about letting Him save you.
>>
>>136883544
verses 1-3 show that this servant came as a normal individual. He is not, in the appearance or status of his person, attractive or amazing in any sense. Third, verses 4-6 and 8 describe the substitutionary nature of the servant’s suffering. This individual suffers for the sins of Israel, “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities” (5) and “For the transgressions of My people He was stricken” (8). Fruchtenbaum comments on the pronouns in the passage, “The pronouns mean that Isaiah and the Jews must be included; they cannot refer to Gentiles. Furthermore, none of the things happening to this individual could be said to apply to the nation of Israel. Isaiah is clearly talking of one person. The nation is only included in the pronouns.”

I suggest YOU do some reading.
>>
>>136884227
If you had to set odds, Baptists would be probably the highest percentage of saved people in any denomination.
>>
>>136884220
Obviously.
Matthew 24:29-30King James Version (KJV)

>29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
>>
>>136884319
Indeed obviously, yet I've spoken to some people here who believe otherwise.
>>
Reminder that protestantism is the source of innumerable heresies and an offence against the body of Christ.
>>
>>136884595
Such as?
>>
File: american religion.jpg (403KB, 2400x1353px) Image search: [Google]
american religion.jpg
403KB, 2400x1353px
>>136884650
>>
>>136880145
>And they don't kill faggots like it says to in Leviticus 20:13
>Old Testament
>Exodus 20:13King James Version (KJV)

>13 Thou shalt not kill.
It is not our responsibility to kill evildoers but the government.

Romans 13:3-4King James Version (KJV)

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
>>
>>136883647
Christians have twisted and mistranslated random verses of the OT and shoehorned Jesus into them for centuries. The "virgin birth" is another mistranslation; Isaiah 7:14 originally said "young woman" (alma). Besides, the messiah is supposed to descend from David from his FATHER'S SIDE. If Jesus was born from a virgin and his father is literally God then he's not a descendant of David and thus NOT THE MESSIAH.
>>
>>136884650
A look at the moral state of England, Sweden, Germany, the US or any other protestant nation with their rampant liberalism should make my point abundantly clear.
>>
>>136883665
>you go to hell because you masturbate being a thing of human nature but still living your life a good person accepting Jesus.
You are basically claiming that you love Jesus while at the same time showing him the middle finger.
Masturbation (and sin in general) NEVER makes you a good person. It brings only negatives. God is angry with the wicked every day.
Let's assume you don't go to hell for masturbating. You still know that Jesus does not approve of it and that he is sad because of your sin. So why not stop it all together? Don't you want to be thankful? Don't you want Jesus to be glad? Why would you make someone you love cry just to get an orgasm?
>>
>>136884809
Weird, since Protestants are now more right wing. Especially in Ulster, where Protestants are really the only vocal group against gay marriage (C*tholics have gone full-Marxist). Also, I can do the same and show you instances of C*tholic priests raping children if you want.
>>
>>136882449
>I love Christ and the Bible, why cant we be Christian brothers
You're hardly 'Christian'. You're a heretic. I can look aside our differences with for example Orthodox churches, so I'm not some hardliner either. But to imply that I have anything in common with 'churches' who don't even have apostolic succession is absurd.
>>
File: Jews.jpg (4MB, 3884x7735px) Image search: [Google]
Jews.jpg
4MB, 3884x7735px
>>136884897
Jews.
>>
>>136884953
You can't tell me if I love Jesus or not.
I am not trying to get a free ticket to heaven masturbation was an example.
>>
>>136884897
Refer to: >>136884981
Gay marriage is more popular in Catholic Ireland than Protestant Ulster. The Prime Minister of Catholic Ireland went up to the Protestant north to campaign for gay marriage.
Also, give me a specific heresy, please.
>>
>>136884890
The pharisees made an art form out of misinterpreting and corrupting God's law. You sound like one of them. Repent and be saved, or continue as you are and be damned. It is your concern. Rabbinical Judaism is of the devil.
>>
>>136883081
That's works anon, while it is absolutely expected that true faith will show fruitfulness in good works, it is not proof of faith and surely are not the metric of your salvation.

Imagine standing naked before the throan of God for judgement with all your sins bared. God's got your full rap sheet... what work(s) will you argue as redeeming you for each daily sins you committed? There will never be enough good works to absolve and save you from death ! Only one tick mark in the plus column will save you from death... did you accept Christ?

Works based salvation is wrong. Faith alone.
>>
>>136884953
You don't go to Heaven based on how good you are. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. You deserve to go to Hell, as do I. It's only Christ's death that saves us.
>>
>>136882271
HAHAHA. And that's how you end up with retards screaming about 6k year old Earth, prosperity gospel, "Jehova's withnesses" etc.
The Bible is not to be interpreted by some uneducated peasants, that's why we have tradition, to properly understand what Bible means.
>>
>>136885066
Funny how it is the Protestants that fell for the Scofield heresy even as the Catholics and Orthodox fought tooth and nail against the corrupting influence of the synagogue of satan.
>>
>>136885168
Do you know what Pharisees and Catholics have in common? They both follow the traditions of men and altered the Ten Commandments!
Mark 7:1-13King James Version (KJV)

7 Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.

2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.

3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.

4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.

5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.

12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;

13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.