[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AI Happening

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: e72.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
e72.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
Here we go, lads. Skynet is almost here. Prepare your anuses.

>Gaming Classic Starcraft II Is Becoming a DeepMind AI Test Lab

>Synchronized announcements by DeepMind and Blizzard move A.I. advancement from Go to the hit science fiction real-time strategy game Starcraft II.

>DeepMind’s learning algorithms are moving from the ancient Chinese strategy board game to protecting Earth from alien races. In partnership with Blizzard, programmable A.I. agents are being implemented into the Starcraft II API.

>While a game like Go — despite its monolithic complexity — has only about ten simple actions that can be taken during the course of the game, Starcraft II starts with 300. Mastering Go is a question of understanding its more than a googol’s worth of variations. Starcraft II, while on the surface a more simple game, has so many variances in information from moment to moment that it is a far greater challenge for any A.I. that hasn’t been programmed specifically to play it within certain parameters.

>Adding to the complexity of the task is the “fog of war” that obscures an opponent’s activity. This means that not only does the A.I. need to learn how to play the game itself, it needs to recognize general strategy, map variation, and predictive tactical reasoning. It cannot be overstated how much of a challenge it would be for anyone outside of Blizzard to program an A.I. specifically for this game, let alone an A.I. capable of teaching itself to play.

>Any hopeful researcher can customize a Starcraft II Deepmind A.I. agent for themselves, given the basic framework provided. The artificial intelligence can be educated using some of the thousands of in-game replays already made available by Blizzard, with hundreds of thousands more on the way.

https://www.basicgestalt.com/single-post/2017/08/10/Gaming-Classic-Starcraft-II-Is-Becoming-a-DeepMind-AI-Test-Lab
>>
>>136868595
AI's aren't to be feared. They have no free will of their own.
>>
>>136868890
Yet.
>>
>>136869100
No, we literally can't give something free-will when we can't even define it. Plus a machine can never learn something be and be able to teach it to something else. A machine does not learn the same way as a human does, it's just machine learning where it's saving data and then doing what it's been programmed to do with it.

People who believe skynet is possible don't know dick about programming...

AI's only recognize patterns and reach the conclusions they are designed to. Everything else is a flaw on the designer's part.
>>
>>136868890
>What the fuck did you just say to me you little bitch?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.