[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever quit the internet, /pol/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1501550402493.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501550402493.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
I'm considering taking a long break from /pol/, politics, the news, and social media. It eats up too much of my time and is depressing as fuck desu. I'm completely disgusted by Google, YouTube, Facebook, etc. and I long for the life I had before these cancerous thought policing entities took over our society. Have you ever done this? What was it like? Were you more productive?

What about rationing time spent online so as to stay informed but avoiding falling down rabbit holes of rage and hopelessness?
>>
File: IMG_0595.jpg (639KB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0595.jpg
639KB, 1000x1334px
It's better to stay informed even if you're not going to be "involved".

There are things happening at the present which will be mis-construed in the future, having a memory of the past's bullshit will help you navigate the future that you will be in
>>
>>136847811

I didn't use the internet for months and just ended up watching more tv and listening to talk radio.
>>
We quit our lives for the internet, faggo.
>>
Oh fuck off
>>
>>136848214
This.

Don't burn yourself out by overthinking too much. There's a right time and place for everything.
>>
>>136847811
Try rationing your time online. Try reading a book or go for a run or something instead.
>>
>>136847811
no, you are just in the gay nihilist/hopelessness stage. keep reading, posting, whatever else and engage in political discussion with people you know in real life rather than on kikebook. they have less balls in real life than being a leftist faggot who cites (((snopes))) and wikijew ad nauseam. find another hobby and like minded people. you will find them even if you are full 14/88
>>
My online time has gone down quite a lot, I'd say. But I spend it better. Still look at trash though.
You should quit the internet and ration your time online. The internet will go on without you, but if you spend a few months at a time offline, it can give you a chance to reconnect with people and really get your shit together since you have a lot of free time. You should go for it anon.
>>
>>136848214
>>136848950
>>136849167
Yeah it seems like maybe rationing my use is a good approach. I want to remain informed/effective. But I tend to get really sucked in and end up depressed about everything.

>>136849269
I live in LA so it's hard. Den of leftist insanity. Moving out of CA in 1.5 years. I probably wouldn't be going as crazy if I lived somewhere a little more moderate.
>>
>>136847811
Disconnect OP, disregard all other opinions because misery loves company.
>>
>>136849520
Thanks anon, this is basically what I'm hoping for. Good point about it being there for me when I decide to return to it.

>>136849596
Yeah it seems like crabs in a bucket in some ways desu.
>>
I've given up social media a looooong time ago, but the news is just too interesting to quit. Also start going to the gym faggot.
>>
>>136849717
I agree it's fascinating, this is part of the problem. I do work out but less that I'd like, need to get myself fully committed again.
>>
>>136847811
Take a break man. I took a month break from all news after dealing with that pizzagate shit. Just do it you will feel much better.
>>
File: samsung-e1080t.jpg (30KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-e1080t.jpg
30KB, 450x600px
>>136847811
first thing, ditch your smartphone, if you haven't already,
not only eats your time, but damaging your eyes
you will fill freedom again, believe me
>>
>>136850568
Thanks bro, that's part of what I'm so fed up with. All the elsagate shit. Demoralizing af.
>>
>>136850922
I've thought about this but obviously it's a difficult leap to make. I use the GPS navigation and stuff a lot. I guess I could try to find a way to be more disciplined in my use of it and treat it like a flip phone unless I have a specific need like using it for directions or calling an uber.
>>
File: 1502186191873.gif (940KB, 280x205px) Image search: [Google]
1502186191873.gif
940KB, 280x205px
>>136847811
> this cuck hasnt learned to enjoy the ride
>neck yourself
>>
do it. you will see your natural genetic inclination to be conquered emerge. enjoy your mixed children
>>
Its impossible to get away if you dont have a place where you can be yourself and keep yourself busy with a hobby.
First,get a dog.
>>
>>136851344
>already have two white kids
>>
>>136847811
SHILL THREAD
>IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING SLEEPY?
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
>>
>>136851489
I have a family but I also have a low stress desk job which means a lot of time to browse the internet and think about how fucked up the world is. Time outside of work is busy and good but it's hard to look away when I'm in front of the computer so much.
>>
>>136847811
Don't really like Tim Ferris but he had it right on avoiding the news. It rarely matters in your own sphere.

Make your own reality instead.

I'm not there yet though
>>
>>136847811
A couple of times actually I went to the south after the Chilean earthquake and didn't returned to civilization in more than a year.
>>
what was your life like before and what will you do with all your free time?
>>
>>136847811
on internet often. never use facebook. rarely watch youtube vids. use google sometimes for just a search and move on.

very happy thx.
>>
>>136847811
>Quitting /pol/
What else is there to do? Life without internet is SOOOOOOOOOO BORING
>>
Real life is like the movie theater filled with 2 or 3 people because nobody wanted to see that crap.
>>
>>136853123
29th post best post.
>>
>>136852319
Yeah I totally agree philosophically but it's hard for me to tear my eyes away too.

>>136852540
That sounds awesome anon.

>>136852576
Read more books, talked on the phone more, saw friends in person more, felt more connected to my neighborhood, explored local businesses with more interest, etc.

>>136852608
This sounds like a good approach. Did you have to break the addiction or were you always good at moderating your use?
>>
File: ifos14.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
ifos14.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>136849545
I know similarly how u feel, I moved out of my single apartment and in with my grandparents just to get out of the nigger infested city. Being out in rural country is so comfy. I got my cat on my bed with me a big garden I can work on whenever. Things are finally starting to be how it feels like they should be.

Maybe I'll hit-up one of the local baptist churches one sunday or go to the YMCA.
>>
>>136847811
I'm doing it now. Thanks! Bye!
>>
>>136847811
Getting ready to do this myself. Deleting my Fakebook account. Cutting down on email accounts. Deleting Twitter and Instagram. Already deleted my YouTube accounts

Only going to visit 4chan on Friday nights when it's most fun
>>
>>136854440
That's really good to hear, anon. That's what I'm hoping for when we move -- to get back some semblance of a normal comfy life in beautiful natural surroundings.

>>136854833
I'm in the process of getting rid of all my Google accounts. I only have an anon/sock fakebook and twitter so those don't really need to be maintained. Instagram is a tough one because we use it to share family photos with relatives who live across the country.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.