[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is embarrassing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0312.jpg (118KB, 750x984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0312.jpg
118KB, 750x984px
This is embarrassing
>>
>>136844794
A president cannot make a law, he has to get congress to pass it and sign it into law.
>>
>>136844794
Trump has done his jobs and continued to do so, I'm sure if McConnell actually passed something he'd stop everything to go sign it. Congress is the one not doing their jobs, not Trump
>>
>>136844794
Government doing anything probably means its trying to grow in size. If the President spends his time playing golf, that means he isn't spending time expanding the government.

Unfortunately, it's currently August and Congress isn't even session any more, which means most politicians are on vacation anyway.
>>
>>136844985
So why did he promise that he would get it done? It's his responsibility to negotiate with congress to get the job finished. Tweeting lazily from a gold course is not negotiation.
>>
>>136845957
It's part of it.
>>
>>136846125
He keeps telling them over and over: "You better get it done or you're in big trouble!" Is that really what you think a master deal maker should do?
>>
>>136846302
Do you know how electoral politics work in the United States? If the Republicans can't get their shit together and pass something significant before the midterms, a lot of them will be McFucked in the primaries (which are only a few months from now).
>>
>>136846302
Yeah, in some cases.
You guys keep implying that it's *all* he does though. Which is obviously not true. But it's how you people argue. Always developing false narratives.
>>
>>136846524
I really don't understand this. You shirk the blame every single time. Trump can do no wrong. Trump is the best. When anything goes wrong under Trump's leadership, it's never, not even once, his fault. It's always someone else's fault, no matter what.

Why do you love him so much? I genuinely do not understand.
>>
>>136844794
>(((Goldmacher)))
You're right it is. Why is /pol/ always right?
>>
File: 1482117470631.jpg (58KB, 580x679px) Image search: [Google]
1482117470631.jpg
58KB, 580x679px
>>136844985
It's sure a shame that a great dealmaker like Trump can't manage to make a deal with his own party that controls all branches of the government right now to do something they've yelled about doing for 7+ years.
>>
>>136846752
>you people
I don't know who you think I am, but I'm not trying to argue. What do you think negotiation is? What do you think a deal is?
>>
>>136844794
The MADMAN!

Sage
>>
>>136846815
Because he's not a dumb nigger
>>
>>136844794
surely drunp will be impeached because of this
>>
>>136847076
Describe to me what a dumb nigger does.
>>
>>136847324
Thinks the President makes law for one.
>>
>>136846815
I don't love him and I don't think the man is infallible. I just think this is the most reasonable explanation using Occam's razor and a basic understanding of how politicians act. Trump can't get anything done in Congress because his highest priorities have been placed lower down on the Congressional Agenda; so its obvious that he's not on the same page as the Republican Party.
Do I think he could resort to more desperate measures to compel Congressmen to enact his agenda more quickly? Sure.
Is that a smart move? No. His office is safe until 2020; Congress can't say the same, and they have their own reelections to worry about (i.e.: they will be the ones coming to voters empty handed before Trump has to run for reelection).
>>
>>136847435
Ahh that's why everyone refers to it as "The Affordable Care Act" and not "Obamacare" because Obama, the president at the time, had nothing to do with making the law.

>>136847468
Thank you for being reasonable in your response. I learned something from you.
>>
DRUMPF!!!!!
>>
>>136846815
>>136847468

Best example of this has been the Repeal/Replace of Obamacare. It clearly wasn't on the top of Trump's agenda because he never really went out publicly to make it "his". The way he talked about it made it clear that this project was Paul Ryan's priority. If Trump know's Ryan's plan sucks, he will keep himself distant from it since that would be the game theory winning move. Trump has much less to lose than Ryan if that bill passed and people hated it.
>>
>>136847787
No problem. Glad I could give my take.
>>
>>136847835
Maybe a zero-sum game with people that are supposed to be your allies isn't the best idea.
>>
>>136848243
No, it's probably not. Granted, it really wouldn't come to this if a typical partisan won the election (e.g.: Jeb, Clinton). Cruz and Sanders would have similar issues like the ones Trump is facing, but to a far lesser extent since they are still generally welcomed by the Senators they caucus with.
>>
>>136844794

Nobody should be working if the president is on vacation.

I distinctly remember when Obama went on the Bear Grylls show and spent a week in the Alaskan Wilderness. The State Department was shut for weeks
>>
>>136849141
Guess we'll see what happens, eh!
>>
>>136849635
Well, historically, the party that wins the White House loses seats in the House.
There are 23 Republican incumbents running in districts that Hillary Clinton won in 2016. (For the Democrats, there are 12 incumbents seeking reelection in districts that voted Trump).
It doesn't seem likely that the Democrats can flip the House, since the Republicans have enough safe seats to maintain a majority.

In the senate, however, the Democrats could be panicking. 10 Democrats are seeking reelection in states that voted Trump. There's only 1 Republican that's running for reelection in a Hillary state.

Given this information, I would predict that Republicans will take a fair number of losses in the House of Representatives but really smash the Democrats in the Senate. Republicans will ultimately maintain their majorities in both.

Here's the bigger stuff to consider: the Primaries. Think what would happen if Paul Ryan or someone else in Congress kept pissing Trump off before the Midterms? Trump might decide to back a challenger in the Primaries and totally fuck over the people who pissed him off. That's real bargaining chip Trump has on Congress. Policy deal brokering is nice, but to really get action, you have to make these people scared of you. The most effective way of scaring them when your the President of the same party is make hints that you won't support them in their reelection bid.
>>
these liberals make me sick
>>
>>136844794
he literally just gave a press conference and is attending meetings now.

The Jews have spun him leaving while they do planned white house renovations into it being a vacation
>>
>>136846874
you can't blame trump for the incompetence of the republican party
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.