[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rational NK discussion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2664.jpg (22KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2664.jpg
22KB, 198x255px
We know it's not happening.

We know why it's not happening:

United States has been issuing threats against North Korea for 15 years. Bush and Obama both threatened war, setting red lines that Pyongyang almost always crossed.
North Korean leaders correctly assessed those threats as empty.

American action toward North Korea remains unchanged. American troops in nearby Guam and Japan are still in their barracks. Naval warships are holding a respectful distance.

No one has an incentive to escalate, and all sides understand this. North Korea’s interests are to avoid a conflict it would likely lose. The United States’ interests are to avoid a conflict that would risk a nuclear attack against an American city.

That clarity is stabilizing.

The discussion is how do they get to the table and who gives up what?
>>
Assuming that they'll never give up their Nukes, what is there to negotiate?
>>
>>136830217
It will be BS, but probably slowing or a moratorium on testing...same BS we "negotiated" with Iran.
>>
>>136829458
>no one has an incentive to escalate
We do. The US, S.Korea, and Japan have been terrified by the idea of a country that casually threatens to destroy us at least once a year becoming a nuclear power.

And now they've threatened to fire 4 ICBMs at the water surrounding a US territory, in-turn breaching Japanese airspace. If they screw up and strike Japan, Guam, or anyone on a boat in between, it would almost certainly trigger a war.

Tensions have never been this high and one misstep on either sides could result in war.

One could argue that a rapid dismantling of Kim's regime would avert a devastating attack by them in the future.
>>
>>136830780
Escalating will cause everything you outlined (and worse) to happen.
So what's the benefit?
>>
>>136830978
The benefit would be eliminating a rogue theocracy and ally of China/Russia/Iran, who would otherwise be able to blackmail us and our allies with threats of nuclear annihilation.

I could also bring up the human rights nightmare and the fact that they essentially killed an American visitor, but how much my country actually cares about those things is debatable.
>>
>>136830780
>Rapid dismantling
Like how RAPID™ you are in dismantling Saddam's regime that in turn created this shithole of a mess, by-product created ISIS and this immigration crisis
>But anon, huurrr durrr, Murican Pride!!.

Also
>vote trump cos he's anti-war
>*Cue in spongebob's: three hours later*
>Hurr durr who's gonna join to level some shit-tier gooks? 'Murica fuck yea.
While niggers and nachos are outbreeding your race, you decided to fuck-all and spend your population for this stupid war. Seriously, wtf white people? 14/88 my ass
>>
>>136831695
Human rights is a meme. Human dignity isnt.
>Be flip
>Killed notorious drug lord governor
>Muhh human rights

I dont know anon, cos with years in /pol/, i was led to believe white genocide is real but here i am, trying to rationalize on why the same people adamant about preserving white culture and population is greenlighting the thought of sending your supposed best into war.
>>
>>136831805
I sincerely doubt we would have a similar outcome in Korea. But I would agree with you if we were talking about a Middle Eastern country.

And regarding refugees, I imagine China and South Korea would recieve most of them.

We would definitely get some here in America, yes, but I doubt they'd be as hard to handle as the Middle Eastern ones
>>
>>136829458
Only thing that matters is getting China to discipline their pet. No direct diplomatic path between US and Nork.
>>
>>136832345
Glad i didnt receive some shitpost answer.
I kinda agree with you about the post-war effect in NK. History showed us
>SK
>Japan
>Even Flipland(only in the 70s)
All became great countries post-war.

My point really is just, if we're supposedly going to war. Even if Flip, Nips and Gooks send their forces to help, the majority will be white people. You're already being out-bred by nignogs and burritos.
>>
North Korea has taught a great lesson to all the countries in the world, especially the rogue countries of dictatorships or whatever: if you don't want to be invaded by America, get some nuclear weapons
>>
You all don't understand US policy do you? Some countries get to have nukes and the rest don't.
Everyone on the UN security council agrees with this doctrine. Its the primary reason for the United Nations to even exist.
If this doctrine is not enforced, we will have a global arms race, your future will be constant nuclear wars.
>>
File: 452544bf2e4608e795cbe7f66ade8a65.jpg (123KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
452544bf2e4608e795cbe7f66ade8a65.jpg
123KB, 1024x1024px
>>136829458
It is happening.

North Korea has never had the capability to hit the U.S. with nuclear weapons before, so their threats were empty. They may now have that capability and as a result they are going to be destroyed while the threat is in its infancy rather than allowing them to have a M.A.D type scenario.

Aside from that totally logical assessment, here's another reason it's happening: Trump would love to nuke somebody. There's no better way to remind the world who's in charge. Considering the fact he used a MOAB and attacked that Syrian base for a lot less than threats of nuclear annihilation id say North Korea is about to be cratered.
>>
The leftists want me to believe two things:

1. Trump is a stooge of Russia and probably China.

2. Trump is a crazy man who is determined to attack North Korea against the clear wishes of Russia and China.

Oooookay.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.