[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abolition of slavery

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 2874458.jpg (29KB, 343x344px) Image search: [Google]
2874458.jpg
29KB, 343x344px
So in regards to slavery it has been mentioned several times from our camp that "we didn't start it; we ended it."

What was the white man's role in ending slavery - not just in the USA - but worldwide? Following the left's logic that whites can be blamed for slavery, surely we should also be praised for ending it, if that is the case?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War

Sweden and USA went to war against the Barbary States to end the muslim slave trade in the mediterranean.
>>
>>136779518
Slavery hasn't ended at all. I am live-in sexual slave for a man in his 60s.
>>
>>136779518
The British empire played one of the hugest roles; at the peak of Victorian Britain they ended slave trade anywhere they found it on the seas and in any British colonies.
>>
>>136779854
I am sorry if that's true, but it doesn't disprove that slavery is a thing of the past in the west.
I mean, I could say that the average height of people has increased over the last thousand years, and surely someone will yell "but I know a manlet!!" ... Damn anecdote fallacy.
>>
>>136779983
This is the sort of info I'm looking for, Anon.
Where would I learn about this more in-depth?
Got anything decent I could watch about it?

Another point to be made about this. I suspect the British did not do this out of pure altruism. They probably thought that nations who held slaves had a competative advantage over nations who did not? So they protect their empire while looking like the good guys.
>>
Put simply, we crushed the Muslim empire and they were the slavers. They were the biggest consumers and producers of slavory. Though they worked their slaves to death and cut their dicks off (not in that order) so there aren't any blacks in arab countries. Unfortunately they have been reforming the empire since the start of the industrial use of oil, fueling both cars and Muslim organizations like ISIS.
>>
>>136779518
>Sweden and the US teaming up
That's pretty neat. Never heard of this in school.
>>
>>136779518
>>136779518
It was western countries that abolished slavery and had to force other countries to follow suit. Of course it still exists today of a massive scale but we don't talk about it because it's not supposed to exist anymore
>>
>>136779802
What a delicious time sink to read all this and the links to related pages.
>>
>>136779518

We didn't end it in Africa yet because niggers run africa again.
>>
>>136779802

>In 1795, Algeria came to an agreement that resulted in the release of 115 American sailors they held, at a cost of over $1 million. This amount totaled about one-sixth of the entire U.S. budget
Jesus
>>
> In the 1800s, the slave trade from Africa to the Islamic countries picked up significantly. When the European slave trade ended around the 1850s, the slave trade to the east picked up significantly only to be ended with European colonization of Africa around 1900.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade#History_of_the_Arab_slave_trade
>>
>In the early 20th century (post World War I), slavery was gradually outlawed and suppressed in Muslim lands, largely due to pressure exerted by Western nations such as Britain and France.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery_in_the_Muslim_world
>>
Whiteys end slavery in Muslim/African countries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels_Conference_Act_of_1890
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.