[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since AnCap gets so much shit for being so extreme, would it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: b6a.jpg (44KB, 565x658px) Image search: [Google]
b6a.jpg
44KB, 565x658px
Since AnCap gets so much shit for being so extreme, would it be actually viable if there was a small state-like entity and a tiny constitution that basically laid out the very basics of AnCap?

Of course, it may evolve into an actual state one day, but if AnCap every worked at all and had any logic, society would go against it and destroy it, because it was more profitable and prosperous without it.

And let's say said small state had the designation of being the rally place when defense against a huge threat is required.

Also AnCap general, I gotta fill my memes folder.
>>
>>136757742
ok here's the problem

you want a microstate to cover the absolute bare minimum it has to to fill in the services that the market can't/won't.

you'll need a nation wide police force in order to enforce any of its decisions. That police force will need an incredible amount of infrastructure to function in any actionable way. This infrastructure is going to need appointed managers. There will have to be whole organizations to oversee this force and its managers and it will need its own infrastructure. Which all leads to huge costs. Which leads to taxes, and before we even talk about what the role of this government is we have a police state whose primary function is to extract taxes from the populace just to pay for the overhead it incurs.
The bare minimum amount of government is still a lot of government.
>>
>>136757742
But lets talk about how you've fallen for the "ancap is extreme" meme. Maybe literally.

What's extreme about a society which bases its functions on voluntary association and exchange? Activities which people engage in all the time everywhere without constant need for government supervision.

Are you just itching, all the time, to murder your retailers to get your money back, and the only reason you don't is because there's a law against it? Not even that there would be dire consequences, because a society which prizes personal self protection would definitely dull out much harsher and more immediate consequences for murder than the ones we currently see.

Tell me, why do YOU need the government to constantly tell you to make good decisions? And more to the point, is it any good at this job?
>>
>>136758318
What if it's a force that has a reactionary, rather than preventative function? It tries to lower the amount of infractions to a bearable minimum.

>Which leads to taxes

That's the part I haven't totally figured out here.

>>136758811
>What's extreme about a society which bases its functions on voluntary association and exchange?

The "extreme" is the fact that it is absolute, there is nothing moderating these exchanges. Why is it a meme, it's an objective fact? Whether it is "good" or "bad" is not on discussion.

>Tell me, why do YOU need the government to constantly tell you to make good decisions? And more to the point, is it any good at this job?

"Good" was never a part of my argument.
>>
>>136757742
The more people involved, the less able AnCap is able to properly function. It works great in frontiers, but can't handle large populations.

Born to soon to see space AnCap wild west style frontiers on Mars.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.