[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Education, trades, and careers advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 6

File: 1502254797957.png (384KB, 1013x915px) Image search: [Google]
1502254797957.png
384KB, 1013x915px
We need to advance /pol/s standing in the world. Let's help those that are younger than us (or older trying to make a change) chose their careers or give general advice to /pol/ to those that are unsure and trying to find their path in life or generally get one another into positions to better their lives and those around them.

Let's talk options and advice on
>Universities and college (Bachelor's, masters, and PhDs)
>Medical careers
>Law careers
>Trades
>Military careers
>Agriculture and forestry
>Minimum wagecucks
>Government (local and national)
>Police and firefighting
>Freight (train, ship, aircraft, or truck)
>Transportation (pilots)
>Stock market careers
>Freelance work or writing
>Self employment/business owners
>Those that don't want to be NEETs anymore

Help your fellow anons out.

Let's do some good and help each other on to the right paths for us.

>PhD in chemistry working in industry.
>>
>>136746166

I forgot about his fucking maniacal face in that scene. Thanks for the meme friend. Fucking dothraki savages
>>
>>136746407
Thanks for the bump friendo
>>
>>136746556

To contribute. If you're a neet get a job. You feel like a worthless piece of shit because you are one. I got a BA in economics and am going to law school, I work for a lawyer but haven't done any real career shit yet. But I already wish I became a MD instead. You talk to a patient for 2 minutes open an office in Miami, another in Vermont and one in Colorado and live in 3 diff places. Sounds nice
>>
>>136747623

Also, Remember that Trump is an old man and campaigned on 4 hours of sleep a night. After he won I went like 3 months without a day off and got 3-4 hours of sleep a night, Trump was my motivation.
>>
>>136747623
Don't go into law. Don't make my mistake.
>>
>>136746166
>those that are unsure and trying to find their path in life or generally get one another into positions to better their lives and those around them.

>enterprise software consultant
>120k/yr with bonus
>only work 20hrs/wk
>spend the rest of my time working out or starting my side business
>>
>>136747623
>going into law
lmao

daily reminder that uni is a meme and you should study automotive electrical work so you can start out in a repair shop and then get your master cert later and open your own shop and charge 90 per hour on labor
>>
>>136748894

I agree. But also I am booksmart and not handy. Just the way my brain is wired. My friend joined the marines and is now a licensed electrician through them and I was telling him to just stay in California and benefit from their shit union dictatorship.
>>
>>136748603
NIBBA HOW.
TEACH ME.
I NEED TO LEAVE PHARMACY ASAP.
110K AIN'T SHIT WHEN YOU WORK 60/WK.
I WANT TO DIE
>>
Lads I'm good at arguing/debating (Offline and real not keyboard) and have good knowledge + interest in politics. I am psychically fit and do martial arts, but don't really have any trades nor skills?
>Is attempting to go into politics a good idea?
>>
>>136749433
>still thinks politics has anything to do with knowledge and interest
>>
>>136749381
ok can you talk technology? why not go work for a software company in the medical industry? i tell my pharma buddy that all he needs to do is write his resume so it reads like a project manager and then apply to IT companies that specialize in healthcare ex- Epic. industry hires are a hot commodity and literally all you have to do is talk about how to implement software...watch 40hrs of j3wtube videos and do your research on the company and you're good. everything is otj training.

I literally showed my interviewers pictures of my dog when i was applying. i had low end IT experience but i was smart about how i phrased things.
>>
>>136749381

My 2nd job is a pharmacy tech at a 24/7 store in the fucking ghetto while I go to school. Did you work as a tech first? Being a pharmacist isn't even worth itm you get bitched at by welfare niggers and junkies every day. Also CVS and Walgreens are shit soulless jew corporations
>>
>>136749433

>open generation identity wing in your town
>use charisma to build a devoted brotherhood and martial arts to train them
>???
>Profit! (No jews)
>>
>>136746166
>>>/adv/
>>>/somewherethefuckelse/
>>
>>136751080

Fuck off leaf state sponsor of terror motherfucker. I rape your women, salt your ground, halt food imports, rake your leaves and spit on you! Autumn is coming
>>
>>136751214
>women
>Canada
Nice try
>>
I need help lads. I'm 19 coming out of high school and planning on going to college. the thing is that I'm very skeptical of even going in the first place. I'm going into college undeclared which basically means I'm not going for a set degree yet. I want to own my own business and not be an employee for the rest of my life. I don't know what I want to do for my own business though. Everyone tells me all throughout my life to go to college but it just seems that college creates employees and not entrepreneurs. That and the loads of debt on top. I need help guys what should i do? I haven't even signed up for student loans yet and my orientation is next week so there's still time to do an 180 on going to college.
>>
>>136746166
tfw manual labourer fro 14/hour
>>
>>136746166
i have no passions other than music and everything that politics encompasses, but i still want to create something i can be proud of at the end of the day, while making money of course. im thinking of taking up welding for those reasons as well as the fact that trade school is relatively affordable. what do you guys think?
>>
>>136750072
I'm sure I could learn how to.
I don't know any programming though just basic comp knowledge.
Think I'll work a couple more years behind the counter to build up an income buffer.
>>
>>136751315

Faith Goldatsuckingmycock is gonna be my war booty and slave.
>>
>>136751374

Idk man. I learned a lot with my economics degree and the business college is pretty shielded from the cultural Marxist bullshit. I'm sure marketing is pozzed but fuck marketing anywaays
>>
>>136750841
I was naive as shit and thought it would get better when I started making the moohlah.
Didn't.
>>
>>136752021
if you work for microsoft, know how to install ms products. if you want to work for epic healthcare, learn how to deploy it in a lab. the rest of the job search is selling yourself and being confident. it helps bigly if you have formal training in the area.
>>
>>136747935
funny.. I got broken into went to speak to the district attorney he told me the same thing lol
>>
I dunno guys. Last year has been a shitstorm. After you finish high school life really starts fucking you up hard. Went on studying history, hated it, went to study social sciences. Well that was a big redpill. Understood that i love history. All the things you learn and the understanding of the world expands after every book you read. Im a full time wagecuck now plus studying history. Making music and fucking my gf. But what next??? Be a tourist guide, become a teacher. Sounds like a dead end for me.
>>
>>136751818
should mention that im american btw. im visiting my dad.
>>
I have the intelligence to get any degree and my parents have a GI bill, so its paid for. I am currently a junior in HS, what should I study?
>>
>>136753068
>"I have the intelligence to get any degree"
>openly states he is a junior in high school
sure buddy
>>
15 year old swede that got max score on the online Mensa IQ test here. I can choose to do literally anything right now. I have a burning passion for guns and my optimal way of life would be living in some American woods, accompanied by my guns and family. Problem is I have absolutely no idea how I could make a career work with that. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm considering gunsmithing, but it feels VERY far fetched.
>>
>>136753068
whatever you find interesting and have an appetite to learn. if its not business, you need to double major. If it is business, you need to major in two business areas. if you're as smart as you say you are, then it will be easy.
>>
>>136752830

Don't be another statistic. Don't do it Latvianbro. What if your suicide is the one that dethrones Lithuania as #1 for an heroes? Think of the shame it would bring to your countrymen!
>>
>>136753284
Woah buddy, Ive narrowed it down from 300 to 4 million. Meanwhile Ireland has like 10 million people.
>>
>>136753492
anyone touting an iq stat is a loser. if you think it's cool to have that and then actually believe it, you're going to blame society for your failures when you get outwitted.
>>
>>136753782
I see how it would come across as if I was showing it off just to feel superior.
I only meant it as a claim that I was probably intelligent enough to work myself to any career if I really set my mind to it.
>>
>>136754210
Probably do a hard stem degree like electrical engineering. Then earn money and do what you want, either working in the US or saving Sweden
>>
>>136752236
Did you just get a degree in economics itself or was it more specified?
>>
>>136746166
My suggestion anons is to work on the sea. Go to a maritime academy or look into commercial fishing jobs.
>>
>>136754436
I'm actually considering vehicular engineering, it might now be as good as electrical, but it should be fine, right?
>>
>>136753033
Seth? It's Alex.
>>
>>136754846
dude whats up its been a while
>>
>>136754623

Economics. Specialization is really with a masters degree. If you want to own a business maybe look into business administration as a major. I never took any classes but could be more useful for you. Basic understanding of accounting will be crucial for you too.
>>
>>136752768
Every lawyer says that exact same thing including high powered partners at big firms.

If your smart enough for law do something else unless it's your passion.
>>
>>136754813
plastics are good, so is automation and robotics. get a minor in computers if you go STEM. internships are key, maybe in US more. if you dont have an internship, go to summer school.
>>
>>136755205
Those all sound lovely. I'm assuming they'd all take some pretty good grades to get into, which may be a problem. I'm getting hit pretty hard by the diversity hires in the teaching department.
>>
>>136751818
You can do better than trade school, mate.
>>
>>136755028
Got a job on a boat. How often you visit your old man?
>>
>>136753606
fuck you mean. Ain't gonna do it. Lithuania is like a retarded brother. Big, stupid and ugly but always stands by your side.
>>
>>136755588
what is better: being fed some egalitarian lies or using your physical vessel to create something, insignificant as it may be, that may outlive you?
thanks for the hope though.
>>136755762
good idea. i was on a sailing team so i have a background. this is my last summer of high school but even once im an adult i will try my darndest to visit him every winter and summer at the least.
>>
>>136755576
you have to learn how to pretend you're onboard with the agenda. if theres anything to learn from the google memo is that if you keep your head down and focus, you can make it through the landmine that is SJW. university and jobs are necessary resume builders but people dont want to/or have to work at the same job for more than 5 years anyways. i myself am looking to make a jump for 40k more a year in BASE alone.
>>
>>136756175
Merchant marine from East Coast to Ireland. You'd see him a lot more Seth.
>>
>>136756374
>>136756175
wow
>>
>>136756175
>what is better: being fed some egalitarian lies or using your physical vessel to create something, insignificant as it may be, that may outlive you?
>thanks for the hope though.
you sound really jaded. maybe you're just young and still learning about who you are. i started learning MMA and BJJ my first year out of highschool and it was a great way to blow off steam
>>
Graduated with a BA in Business admin. Minor in Econ, concentration in Finance.
Have had 2 corporate jobs. Both Sales, one teetering on contract negotiations.
Now working with dad doing finish work/carpentry/technician shit while I pay off loans.
Trying to commission in the military as an Officer, but they are making it crazy difficult for me because of some medical shit and no availability really.
Thinking National Guard, or Reserves might be better. Mostly just stay at home, play Civ, jack off, do stuff around the house.
I'm a social person, but I'm also trying to pay off loans so I don't go out anymore and getting laid is a bitch when you are about to turn 25 and still live at home, while driving a beat up 97 Honda.
I genuinely don't want to go back into sales. It's given me a bad taste for corporate life.
I would start a business with my father but it's such a niche, and he's such a stubborn, hard headed Eastern European I know it would be a fucking hell endeavor.
I want to travel. I want to see the world. I want to create shit and make some kind of positive impact.
I like learning about Forex and I'm good at trading stocks, and although my buddy said he would get me a gig at Fidelity to get my series 6,7 and 63. I don't know if I have it in me to go back into a corporate setting right now. Even if it is the smart decision.
>>
>>136746166

Anon here. Real estate, personal loans, handyman, and writer. Bachelor's of Science: English Education, a minor in psychology.

>ask me anything
>>
>>136756296
So far, I've managed to get my tech teacher to file a complaint to the principal after I complained that there was a serious lapse in communication going on which was seriously impacting my ability to learn. My teacher is a Chinese woman with the most stereotypical Asian accent you can imagine.
>>
>>136756867
Give me advice anon. >>136756831
>>
>>136756374
frankly i have the hankering to find a woman. i strongly dislike transience but that could change.
>>136756594
i am young but i doubt it has anything to do with my opinions or tone. i think you might have to contemplate the subject a while longer if you still believe in the concept of self or the notion of "finding" it.
>>
>>136756892
Also I'm going to have to stop posting, as my shitty phone is down to 2%power.
Best of luck to you though, you gave some neato advice.
>>
>>136746166
I'm a 19 year old NEET virgin. Why would I even bother participating in a losing game?
>>
>>136747935
Why not?

t. incoming freshman pre-law student at a state school
>>
>>136757021
Likewise friend. There'll be that one that you win over. Best of luck, and remember this one word. Perseverance.
>>
>>136746166
senior software engineer here ama on any of your compsci related questions about the industry

no fucking code questions please
>>
File: 1497916131194.jpg (7KB, 251x234px) Image search: [Google]
1497916131194.jpg
7KB, 251x234px
I work in the trades as a first year apprentice

45k salary starting, goes up after 3 months
$100 a day bonus for field work in the city
$200 a day bonus for field work in western canada
$300 a day bonus for field work in middle of buttfuck nowhere northern Canada

Companies pays for everything like food and transportation, if you use your own vehicle they pay you $0.5 per km traveled, you can easily drive 500km in a single one way trip, they also pay for a rental vehicle but you don't get the travel bonus

Daily bonuses increase to $150/$250/$350 a day after like a year or two, base salary increases too

If you work for a major oil company or in refinery you can make like 150k-200k per year or some ridiculous shit but it's hard to get in

I feel bad for being a tradecuck and not part of the CS master race but then that google shit happened and they all look like hyper-cucks
>>
>>136746166
Doing a batchelor of Commerce (economics, finance and shit) anyone know what industry I should go into when I finish it?
>>
>>136757654
Worth getting into? I'm this anon. Or should I stick to my finance shit, get my master and find my niche through that?
>>136756831
>>
>>136757710
>I feel bad for being a tradecuck and not part of the CS master race but then that google shit happened and they all look like hyper-cucks

it's not google its silicon valley. those companies, they're all like that, its San Francisco/Commiefornia ffs.

most smaller (10-100) companies are red pilled as fuck.
>>
>>136757379
thanks alex you're a top quality dude!!!
>>
>>136756987

Focus on being educated. Not only in what your read but what you spend money on. Spending money will produce 1/10th of your experiences in life. Staying educated, getting money for what you know, and what you are able to produce will take up 8/10ths of your time. The more educated you are on any subject will determine how you obtain value from what your brain and body produce.

I collect money from knowing a bunch about real estate, but also in how I manage the money I receive from my dealings in real estate.

Being a handyman is awesome and I am so fortunate to have the nuts to fix and repair real estate. I know that there is so much money to be made and you don't even need to know that much. Where I live, you can charge $25/hour in your first year and almost no one will turn you down. Most pro handyman charge $50/hour.

My passion is writing and it is what I focus my attention to as much as I can. I live my dream of being a paid writer. Always center your life on your passions, and use your income to build on your passions. Or your investments.
>>
File: 1413231731250.jpg (27KB, 502x346px) Image search: [Google]
1413231731250.jpg
27KB, 502x346px
>>136758213
Even then I'm too old for the CS master race(26) and here in Canada if you want a job you need to move to Vancouver or Toronto and the government is planning on mass importing pajeets to lower the already pathetic wages
>>
>>136757710
which trade
>>
>>136758458
I know about the handyman stuff. It's basically what I do with my father now. He charges 50$ an hour. He pays me 20$ though.
What do you think about using the military to pay for my Masters? I'm already in debt. It's nothing over the top, but considering that my fathers work is random it's a bitch to pay back even the 10k I owe. Hoping to clear it out by the end of the year if a couple big jobs line up.
Should I take my buddies offer for Fidelity? Even if I have no interest in working finance right now?
It would let me get licensed as a financial advisor and broker. However I would need to spend at least a year at the company, and I would have to move up to NH.
>>
>>136757021
you cant manage your emotions and stress effectively if you dont know yourself.
>>
I start uni in september, studying international politics. Is my degree going to be meme tier
>>
>>136756831
I have my 6, 7, 56, 66.

AMA
>>
>>136759148
that degree is a joke. you are no better than the evergreen college trannies
>>
>>136758905
what is the self and how do you get to know it? there is absolutely nothing unique to you. you are a collection of traits and interests, most of which change. the self is a false concept.
>>
>>136758088
>
do not go back to school.
sounds like you might be interested in doing web development and going freelance/contract

no matter what, do not go back to school. Schooling is useless for CS. teach yourself at Udemy or some other meme online school. make a portfolio and apply to as many places as you can.

easiest route avoiding school is
web dev -> work for ~2 years -> software dev -> senior software dev

goodluck

>>136758462
Pajeets fucking suck at code and straight up wont get hired by many firms because they are sloppy and dont understand Unit testing and development tools. They are not taking the jobs you want. They are working for shit-tier software houses

there, just dropped a huge fucking redpill
>>
>>136759323
I guess right now the primary question is whether it's worth taking an entry level analyst job at Fidelity to get my licensing. Buddy of mine worked there and he's friends with the regional managers son. NH branch. Said he would get me in, but as mentioned, my last two corporate jobs just really fucked with my will to work in another corporate setting. Even if they were sales.

I think the stipulation is you have to stay about a year if they sponsor you.
Do you make good money? Where do you work? Do you get to travel? Do you feel like you are missing out on anything by being in corporate finance?
>>
>>136746166
Online degrees > brick and mortar schools
>>
>>136757235
it's oversaturated
>>
>>136759581
I've done a lot in my life, so at this point that whole "constantly stressed" that I'm missing stuff feeling is gone.

If you're still restless, I'd recommend a little traveling.

But, yeah, you make good money. Corporate life is annoying (especially the nonstop diversity shit they push). But finance and trading desks are pretty laid back, and filled with red pilled white men.
>>
>>136759630
not for STEM. maybe in 10 years after universities fall to feminism and a degree becomes a mark of mental instability
>>
>>136748894
This is exactly what I do.
>>
>>136746166
Is it too late to go to university at 29 and study software development?
>>
>>136759148
gotta go into grad school if you want to not be totally fucking useless my man

>>136759738
3rd year chemistry BA here, was going to either graduate early then go into law school or stay a 4th year to pick up biochem and go into something else. Do you have any insight into patent law, or is it he same?
>>
>>136760307
It's never too late
>>
>>136746166
>drugs, just do a fuck ton of drugs
>and hope you befriend some rich douches son who also does drugs,
>if you want to get by nowadays you have to inherit your money,
>so it doesn't really mater how smart or how hard you work,
>seen countless druged up assholes who have neve done a real days work in their life somehow >make it to the top, still clueless assholes but they know the right people to part with and do lines with >to get up the ladder
>I'm only realising this now in my mid 30s,
>went to college studied business,
>worked in finance for a few years
>gained a professional qualification ,
>got a mortgage in the good times,
>recession hits the next year,
>lose job,
>got fired by drugged up asshole because he got promoted ahead of me
>he doesn’t even have professional qualification
>lose house because i can’t make payment anymore,
>didn't give up,
>retrained learned programming while unemployed,
> I’m not great but kind of understand the stuff
>finally get another full-time job
>starting from the bottom
>find out I’m pretty shit at job
>all the younger guys are better
>decide fuck it , may as well go out with a bang
>company night out buy coke and x
>do coke with manager
>give x to younger guys
>get promoted
>manager lets me plan and delegate work (basically his job)
>keep up the facade for a couple of months
>find myself regularly drinking and doing coke with manager
>things going ok
>want to stop going out to spend more time wit girlfriend
>decline managers invites say i’m saving to buy a house
>manager starts blaming me for problems
>confused because thought things were running more smoothly because i don’t have hangover
>get called to meeting
>get fired
>>
>>136746166
Most people on here are 18 or older which means their career options have already been decided in the past 2 years. TOO late.
>>
>>136760018
I wish I could work in foreign affairs or some shit in the government.
My "dream" involves me going to cool, exotic places, meeting people. Negotiating shit and always being in somewhat danger. But I suppose this is my fate.
>>
>>136760307
right now is not a great time to be enrolling into software development. too many shifts in market trends.
You are better to teach yourself software development and get commercial experience within your first year. especially if you have prior experience with messing around in linux or html

feel free to ignore this advice and accrue a shit ton of debt without actually learning a whole lot of marketable skills.
>>
>>136747831
He had sleepless genes though, you probably don't
>>
>>136749381
you'll always be poor
>>
>>136746166
Bump for justice
>>
>>136751374
>18
Too late, it's highschool classes that decide your life

>>136753284
sure

>>136753068
UNDERAGE!
>>
>>136753782
>blaming yourself for failures
Mental illness
>>
Younger /pol, please heed my warning. Do not go into information technology. If you are not a Muhammad, Jamal, or homosexual you will not make it.
>>
>>136761394
It's easy to fake being gay.
>>
Getting a dual degree this year in comp sci/ math from state school. I really enjoy the math part more. What kind of positions should I apply for?
>>
>>136751080
>Adv are cucks
>This targeted for pol

lEAF
>>
File: 1436242531574.gif (935KB, 200x154px) Image search: [Google]
1436242531574.gif
935KB, 200x154px
>>136753733
>>
Here my meager contribution ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE
>>
I'm going for HR(certificate in college), been involved in politics for 7 years; I'm 20 years old.

I hate it all. What next?
>>
>>136757191
Do it for yourself. I am sick of seeing liberals intercalated in all forms of industries. Fight it anon.
>>
>>136752520
You talking about knowing how to chart and view medical records on Epic? Cause I am just an RT student and I know how to do that shit.
>>
>>136761512
data analyst or solution engineer at a finance/insurance firm
>>
File: 1501722803153m.jpg (48KB, 820x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501722803153m.jpg
48KB, 820x1024px
I am proud of you /pol/. You are helping each other. This is beautiful yet again.
>>
>>136761760
>Do it yourself.

I think about it a bit differently anon. I thought to myself a while ago, why am I even trying. What's the point?

And, I realized, I'm not doing it for me. I'm not doing it for my family. I'm doing it for my people, for my country. I see the problems in my country (England), and I want to help solve them. I want to be a good citizen. I want to change my country for the better.
>>
>>136762299
>2299
>For your family

Kek approves!

I always forget that there are a lot of adults here with families.
>>
>>136758792

Build your business, record your dad on film, monetize the product online.

Think smart and lazy. Not stupid and harder work.
>>
Thinking about med lab sciences, only needs college. Good employment future too.
>>
Random thought guys, serious question.
How do you start a new life in US? And why is it a bad idea?
>>
>>136762868
#1 Learn English
#2 Get involved with your local community
#3 There are many clubs/societies celebrating a certain ethnicity, for example, there is a Polish club where I live. Probably, be harder to find a Latvian community, though.

Why is it a bad idea? It depends. You will probably make more money if you go to America, but you will always miss home.
>>
>>136746166
Well op I'm a 24 year old welder, I'm non union because I have semi steady work at my best friends construction sites, but I would suggest either a program, apprenticeship or something to foot your door if you do a trade, join a union for starters after you become a journeyman so you can start paying into a pension for yourself, you must work very hard at whatever trade cause it's very dog eat dog,and when you first start out you might work some overtime to make ends meet.

Also for the love of God don't drink, socialize and become buds with coherts, but as an alcoholic on 3 days sober, you can enter a terrible turnspin

Godspeed
>>
>>136762868

Good
>opportunity and overall better economy
>diverse climate/landscape
>muh guns muh fuck niggers holocaust didn't happen but should free speech
Bad
>women are probably much worse than the average Latvian woman
>muh diversity and muh stoked up minorities itching for balkanization to kill whitey
>civil war 100% guaranteed in the near future
>cultural marxism and ignorance are celebrated

Up to you. Blew my mind when I met a polish woman in Krakow and spent a night eating dinner cooked by her mom. The girl was actually interesting and I liked her. 90% of American girls are vapid pop culture obsessed fucking retards who don't enjoy talking about anything but literally the most basic shit and their stupid ass day at work.
>>
>>136765652

Also yeah I would look into places with a latvian/Baltic community to help with integration. If you go on welfare or vote democrat fuck you
>>
>>136763400
English shouldn't be a problem. This reminded me of my connections. My grandmothers cousin lives in US. And I have taken part in this 3x3 camp that is all about Latvian Americans. ((http://www.3x3.lv/3x3-camp-role-2004.html) You can check it out, the page is terrible but u'll get the idea.) Now it doesn't sound too impossible.

If I won't make a career here, I'm off to US to get a warm place. I'd be happy to work my ass off like i do it here and be better fed and dressed.

But from the other side I would not only miss my motherland, but probably feel like a fucking refugee.
>>
>>136762665
My friend took this and makes like $35/hr at a hospital, government job so lots of benefits and time off
>>
There's a shitton of info on here. Dunno who made it, but there's some great stuff.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2ILpxMxNOBzZGxpNmtQQzBfWlE
>>
>>136765801
>But from the other side I would not only miss my motherland, but probably feel like a fucking refugee.

This is wrong thinking friend. Refugees are running from something. If you run to avoid the fight because of some hardship where you know you could help, that's shitty, but there is nothing wrong with going somewhere new to do better for yourself, your family, and your new community.
>>
>>136765801
>probably feel like a fucking refugee.
Eh. Really depends on where you go and how well you acclimate to enjoying it and feeling at home.
>>
>>136769114
Who are the migrants that are flooding Europe now running from? Some are running from war, yes, but the most are economic migrants as we know. Even most of our 27 refugees have admitted that they are here just for money. This one Latvian meme politician did an interview with few of them. So I don't see how would I be better than them.

Being white and not on welfare would make a difference from your sides I suppose.
>>
>>136765801
I'm this one.
>>
>>136770980
Notice I said better your new community. Coming with the intention to draw welfare and bring every bit of your shitty culture is not going to better your new community.
>>
Commercial HVAC repair, especially air-conditioning.

Elevator repair.

Both skilled trades, will always be in demand.
>>
>>136772454
this is reasonable advice..

>>136746166
my first trade was welding, then got my level 4 power engineering.. then I bought real estate...I am happy with my path
>>
>>136772102
I suppose the key point I'm working on here is, are you thinking of moving because "things will be given too me and life will be easy" or "I will have more opportunity to put my skills to better use for the good of myself and those around me."
>>
>>136773149
*to
Fuck.
>>
File: IMG_0244.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0244.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>136773149
Of course the latter. I'm a Latvian and we know what work and dedivation is. It's just I think I wanna to change an environment to something more positive. I'm not sure if it's USA. Anyways it's 5 in the morning and I should fall asleep in my commieblock. Thanks for the talk burgers. See you in America.
>>
>>136774489
*dedication
Fuck
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.