[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else forget what they read within a few weeks of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: gsh2h - Copy.jpg (48KB, 490x313px) Image search: [Google]
gsh2h - Copy.jpg
48KB, 490x313px
Does anyone else forget what they read within a few weeks of finishing a book?

Is it even worth your time to read if you just forget most of it anyway?
>>
(((Books))), you're supposed to use your ears and eyes sharply, not stare into a book.
>>
>>136743161
You could say the same for movies, tv shows, music, comic books...
>>
>>136743161
I feel sorry for any male over 25 who is still reading books. Time to start doing instead of reading bud
>>
>>136743161
Take notes
>>
If you don't remember something it's probably because you didn't find it noteworthy or pertinent to your life, which will probably be 95% of any book you read
>>
>>136744892

and what should i do
>>
>>136743161
same here OP. Good thing my long term memories are still somewhat okay and I learned enough when I was young to carry me through somehow. At least I won't become a nigger.

That said, I suspect a jew plot. Something is "keeping us stupid".
>>
>>136744249
>book
>ears
HOW
>>
>>136743161
Same issue here. What I started doing is taking notes on the book in loose leaf paper. Might get 1-5 pages depending on the density of material and value, writing only on one side. Then you can review it at another time.

You need to do something with what you learn mate. Remember while it varies from individuals you will lose around 60-80% of all new information in 24hours. Writing something down helps beat that.
Also try to actively recall what you just read at the end of the chapter, go back and verify, then take notes. Seems tedious but it'll save you time compared to reading for an hour or two and remembering nothing with only adding 5-10minutes at the end of the chapter.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.