[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry Christians...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7736.jpg (114KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7736.jpg
114KB, 429x600px
Help me understand Christians a little when it comes to Islam.

Christians use a strategy of altruism forgiveness and mercy and love to bring out the better nature of people who are lost, BUT

the definition of Islam is total submission. And when these Christian virtues are applied to Islamic invaders, they do t bring out the better, but rather wholly and fully serve Islam in exactly the way a total Muslim would.

So my question is, what is the proper Christian response to Islam, when Christian grace and forgiveness - as applied to Muslim aggressors - actually turns christians Sheppard a and flock alike, into muslims without them even 'getting it.'

Yes I am saying that once great religious practice that created civil society and tamed human desperation enough to bring peace and progress simply cannot apply to Islam without christians effectively converting to Islam in the process - whether they realize it or not.

Let me explain; Islam is the process of bringing conquered people to submission, and Christianity is the process of submitting to people to demonstrate mercy. By submitting to Islam christians are denying Christ is anythtjnt more than an obsolete prophet.

Is Christianity a dead end, or is there a way for Christians to interpret Chriwtian text that permits for a more enlightened response?
>>
Sorry for the typos.
>>
>>136711658
I've converted a few Muslims. AMA.
>>
fuck off its all bollocks
>>
Yes I am saying even the pope is a Muslim, whether he knows it or not.
>>
>>136711952
But you couldn't really know that for sure, Taqiyya and all...
>>
"I came not to bring peace, but to bring a sword"
>>
>>136711658
Help me understand Christians a little when it comes to Islam.

>Christians use a strategy of altruism forgiveness and mercy and love to bring out the better nature of people who are lost

I reject this. Christians believe we are all innately sinners (we miss the mark and suffer from temptation, and evil inside us). Therefore we do not deserve to be reconciled to God. It's through Gods grace we are reconciled. And through forgiveness, we can "go and sin no more"

>the definition of Islam is total submission. And when these Christian virtues are applied to Islamic invaders, they do t bring out the better, but rather wholly and fully serve Islam in exactly the way a total Muslim would.

We should respect those in authority,
But we stop at the point when asked to reject our beliefs. By love and forgiveness, drug addicts can be cured, the greedy can stop stealing, smokers can quit and the bullies can break down and give in and let God in. The Fathers love anon. What that means is we are all broken people and are in desperate need of healing. You don't get that kind of salvation and freedom in other religions.

I would respect the authority of the law of the land I was in, until it tried to compromise my Christian values.
>>
>>136713564
So my question is, what is the proper Christian response to Islam, when Christian grace and forgiveness - as applied to Muslim aggressors - actually turns christians Sheppard a and flock alike, into muslims without them even 'getting it.'

First it should be "confronted" with respect, like Paul did with the Romans. Effectively but you will find most Muslims don't have a strong understanding of what they recite. They have certain rules that, but literally by helping the needy together, acting in harmony but sticking to your principles is the right answer. You can only win hearts and minds when people start asking have faith, or start to engage you in a discussion where they are ready to receive. Also one sows and another shall reap.

>Yes I am saying that once great religious practice that created civil society and tamed human desperation enough to bring peace and progress simply cannot apply to Islam without christians effectively converting to Islam in the process - whether they realize it or not.

True Christians won't convert. Are you religious?

> Is Christianity a dead end,
No

>or is there a way for Christians to interpret Chriwtian text that permits for a more enlightened response?

We should accept suffering anon, because life is suffering. It draws us into a closer relationship with God the Father through his Son, and by the Spirit we can be transformed and endure. But don't forget the importance of the body of Christ (the church) which acts on His behalf and also the relationship we have through prayer.

I have faith in all of that. Which is what it comes down to. Since Jesus died we are all living in the end times. But we can still transform hearts and minds by the power of the spirit by how we live our lives.

A good place to start - I like the fuel project if you want some good apologetic videos that explain Christian philosophy in a more intellectual way.
>>
>>136712099
Don't think so - mainly refugees who had left their country that didn't understand why we were helping them.

It's by your actions that you can show Gods love.

Then they get interested and you explain your faith. Often people want to come to church and they are amazed at the gospel.
>>
>>136711658
>Christians use a strategy of altruism forgiveness and mercy and love to bring out the better nature of people who are lost, BUT
>the definition of Islam is total submission. And when these Christian virtues are applied to Islamic invaders, they do t bring out the better, but rather wholly and fully serve Islam in exactly the way a total Muslim would.
This is a misunderstanding of how these virtues are ment to be applied. Plus, most of the strongest push for what you're talking about comes from progressives, who are neo-Marxists/psuedo-marxists and often dislike Christianity because it's the majority religion in the West, and this has immense privilege in their eyes.
>>
>>136713939
christianity is marxism lite
>>
>>136711658
We blow them the fuck up then ask for forgiveness , retard
>>
>>136714054
That is just a statement wth no follow up. You dumb kike
>>
>>136714077
i got an aborition then i asked for forgiveness the 4th time and it was alright by god
>>
>>136711658
>what is the proper Christian response to Islam
Convert them. The most effective way to get rid of an idea is to convince everyone it's a bad idea.
>>
>>136712423
What's the context anon?
Before he was arrested, why did Jesus rebuke his disciple that drew his sword to protect Him?
His sword is a divisive one - Christians will be rejected by society and divided against their parents by not tolerating things that are contrary to our faith.
Matthew 10 34-36
>>
>>136714054
You've not understood the Bible anon.

We need God because we can't do anything right by ourselves. Doesn't sound very Marxist.
>>
>>136713801
So what you're saying is you give unto Islam what is Islam's (your head),

And you give unto God what is God's (your capacity to suffer your head being removed)

If Christianity were so effective, the ballooning of the shimmy class would have overrun the caliphate, not empowered its expansion, as it has for 1400 years
>>
>>136714358
>We need the state because we can't do anything right by ourselves

Yep nothing like marxism no resemblance whatsoever
>>
>>136714182
https://www.gotquestions.org/Hosea-marry-prostitute.html
Here's a good read for you.
>>
>be me.
>born into and raised in a muslim family.
>extremely agnostic/atheist now

All I know is the many churches I’ve been to that have tried to convert me, even the mormons dangling their beautiful white women in front of me as a teenager, have all made me hate religion more. Your imaginary friends won’t have an impact on young muslims (the old ones are a lost cause) and people from the middle east, but western culture 100% will. Most “muslims” I grew up with that didn’t follow everything their parents said are American as fuck now. Just let them have kids and accept them like most of commiefornia does and they’ll assimilate like tons other races have here, morons.
>>
>>136714252
Someone needs to make a dilemma red button brow sweat meme for this
>>
>>136714054
Capitalism and liberty came from Christianity.
>>
>>136714610
Take more time to try and understand the context.

It deserves more attention than you have chosen to give it.
>>
>>136714478
Marxism assumes the only reason things are bad is capitalism, and that if we get rid of them we'll be able to live in a stateless society with no hierarchy.
>>
>>136714627
Bag, capitalism and liberty came from the descendants of the Caledonians by reworking of Christian texts to make something good from total bullshit.
>>
>>136714627
I think it could be argued capitalism comes from the babalonians (Sargon of Akkad).

By the way I don't disapprove of capitalism.

Freedom - well that's an interesting one, true Freedom then yes but I'm biased
>>
>>136714751
Not gonna waste my time trying to rationalize your misleading beliefs for you. I was born and raised Anglican. I know my shit.
>>
>>136714787
To believe in Marxism you need to have faith that there is no God.
>>
>>136711658
both are jewish inventions, one is meant to emasculate civilized people and one to enrage tribals (arabs), both are death ends despite having their use at times
>>
Ooh, sorrry for starting this increasingly lame thread!

Sage
>>
>>136715171
Ok
>>
>>136714192
no retard, convert their kids. the old farts won’t convert and are too poor and scared of you to do anything stupid. That way even if their belief doesn’t last, the ones here will at least be atheist/agnostic later and have picked up western culture from their christian denomination friends they had growing up.
>>
>>136715310
Good old leafs. We forgive you.
>>
>>136715125
As much as I'm not a fan of Protestantism, the general consensus of historians is that the Protestant Work Ethic was fundamental to the development of capitalism.

>>136715364
I was speaking more generally
>>
>>136715171
lmao
>gets schooled on his own faith
>fuck ur belief i’m anglican.jpg
>basically “we wuz kangz nd shit”

Some red pills for you to swallow: Jesus wasn’t white and wasn’t born in Bethlehem; He was born in Nazarus to some whore. Tax records of both cities have proven this. Your savior is a lie.
>>
>>136715702
just clarifying because since i came from a muslim family i can say trying to convert old people/parents is a sure fire way to waste time and make sure the kids never convert lol
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.