[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to believe...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

...but all rational thought seems to be against faith. Most modern schools if philosophy completely reject theism altogether.

How can I find faith in this godless, secularized, degenerated, filthy world? I adorn myself with the trappings and morals of Christianity, but I can't bring myself to regard Christ as anything more than a wise, venerable man, solely of the material world.

Is spiritual Christian faith even possible in this day and age for the analytical mind?
>>
Read the bible.
>>
>>136711490
Stop seeking escapism and get off your ass you fat faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 714x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 714x384px
Do you think the universe just created itself through some freak accident? That is illogical and requires faith why not choose to put your faith in something logical like Jesus

>Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Hebrews 11:3)
>>
>>136712260
The problem is that Genesis got the creation of the universe wrong. Even if you honestly believed a god created the universe (which is way less logical) it would only take you to deism.

Now I know your larping, just wanted to point out everyone sees through this bullshit
>>
>>136711490
Be deist and try to reconcile all the miracles in a rational way from there
>>
>>136713714
>>136712470
>>deism

So your telling me you'll believe in a god who created the entire universe out of nothing, but you can't believe in water turning into wine.
>>
>>136715165
I'm not deist. I said even if you were a deist that does nothing to change the fact that christianity is objectively disproven.

>water turning into wine
How about scientific errors in the bible, how about numerical errors in the bible, how about claims in the bible not substantiated by historical records (oy vey we wuz slaves), how about contradictions, how about unfullfiled prophecies, how about the fact that THE ORIGINAL BIBLE TEXTS ARE LOST AND WE ONLY HAVE COPIES THAT CONTRADICT EACH OTHER?
How about that God never showed himself and all the proposed miracles have been disproven?

Also everybody knows christlarpers don't actually believe that shit. There isn't a person in the world that fights christian compassion and nonviolence more revoking than christlarpers.
>>
Explain why the universe came into being with more matter than antimatter
>>
File: dharma-wheel-labeled.jpg (18KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
dharma-wheel-labeled.jpg
18KB, 300x298px
>>136711490
How about a discipline that focuses building your ability to closely and accurately observe objective reality?

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/theravada.html
>>
Faith IS irrational, not logical. That's why it's called faith. You tell someone "I have faith in you, I believe in you" when there's no scientific certainty of their outcome, just your best wishes to push them forward. It's just part of human nature.
>>
>>136716921
have you tried not being an autistic germcuck
>>
>>136711490
>modern schools
You mean The Frankfurt School?
>>
File: IMG_4179.png (355KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4179.png
355KB, 720x1280px
>>136711490
Listen, because I'll speak the truth to you.
>faith requires you defy logic. That you believe without question
>men have questioning minds
This makes coming to the faith hard if you follow your mind to find the faith.
Is the placiebo effect real?
Then the faith effect is.
A medication will fix one illness
An infinite gods placiebo could then fix..?
Approach the faith like a child.
It's not about some material reward.
It's about being happy and content in any situation with nothing or with everything.
The closer you hold true to the tenets of the Holy Bible, The stronger your faith grows. And the stronger the placebo effect of your faith becomes. Once you have committed yourself to the faith of Christendom, I promise you soon you will no longer need to approach as a child for the Lord will make himself clear to you. You'll step away from the need to approach in stupidity because you will see the evidence in fact. But first you must make the leap of faith.
Grace be with you, and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.