[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student debt, the next feminist issue

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Struggle is real.png (452KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Struggle is real.png
452KB, 500x500px
>As of the end of 2016, 44.2 million U.S. borrowers had student loan debt, the total amount of which hovers at around $1.3 trillion. And while clearly threatening in pure economic terms, recent data shows this reality has significant social implications as well—especially, and perhaps surprisingly, in terms of gender equality. According to a recent American Association for University Women’s (AAUW) report on the topic, women hold nearly two-thirds of the outstanding student debt in the U.S.; they hold an estimated $833 billion in student debt while men hold $477 billion. What’s more, not only do female undergrads take on more student loan debt than their male counterparts, but it also takes them longer to repay their loans after graduation. Forty-four percent of female undergrads take on debt as compared to 39 percent of male undergraduates, and their pace of payback between one and four years post-graduation is slower—men pay off an average of 38 percent of their outstanding debt during this time while women pay off 31 percent.

http://en.paperblog.com/student-loan-debt-is-a-feminist-issue-1693395/

Now, going to college or the university is not a good idea for most people, who just do it because they have been told it's good idea because it was a good idea 30 years ago.

That being said. women are favoured by the school system. They go to college expecting easy access to good, comfy jobs. However, that does not materialize, especially when you go for women's studies etc, so now the campaign is going to be student loan forgiveness.

How should we relate to this? I doubt the gubmint is too happy about giving up the money, but this would be a huge resource transfer to college educated people, mostly women.
>>
File: 1502129315691.webm (2MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502129315691.webm
2MB, 720x720px
Feminist research confirming what meny of us have long believed:

>Among the many millennial women Bennetts has spoken to over the course of her work, she added, “implicit in their entire vision of their lives was the assumption that ultimately they were not going to be fully responsible for maintaining the standard of living they expected to have.” Even if this assumption was unconscious, which it “often” was, according to Bennetts, many women expected a partner would establish the “standard of living that they aspired to [and] therefore, they didn’t worry that much about how much they were earning. They were relatively unconcerned about their student loan debt. And their projections of their future didn’t really involve taking full responsibility for their financial destiny.”
>>
>>136694472
they will probably just find some giga-kikey way to shift that debt onto men
>>
>>136695221
Yeah, marriage. Enjoy paying off 200k of student loans as well as that fancy wedding and house deposit. Remember that its your job as a man
>>
>>136696097
Pretty sure they'll eventually go for another way. On the one hand they won't just forgive that debt, because they are making easy money with it. On the other hand if feminists make this their new issue, they could lose voters if they just keep it as it is - which they would never risk.

And marriage won't be good enough because that requires the men to voluntarily take on this burden. Which will still work for way too many cases, but not nearly often enough.
>>
>>136695221
Yeah, some sort of student loan forgiveness.
>>
>>136696097
Men would be happy to do it, but feminists flushed marriage down the toilet by demanding divorce-rape against men. Now men have wised up and aren't getting married anymore, it's time to run to mommy government to pay off the loans (ie steal men's money indirectly)
>>
>>136698573
Really, is that what (((them))) want?
>>
>>136694472
>http://en.paperblog.com/student-loan-debt-is-a-feminist-issue-1693395/
No shekels for roasties
http://archive.is/tJLfG
>>
File: 1501332570908.jpg (133KB, 800x838px) Image search: [Google]
1501332570908.jpg
133KB, 800x838px
>>
>Women hold close to 2/3rds of student debt.
>ignores the fact that close to 2/3rds of uni students are women
>>
>>136698573
Doubt it. Like I said in the post above that, they won't throw easy profits away. They'll just restructure the debt in such a way that someone else has to pay it.
>>
>>136694472
>Go to uni and study a subject with very little to no use in improving your employment prospects
Tell me again why I should care about someones decision to cripple themselves financially through their own poor choices?
>>
>>136694472
I love this pic...
>>
>>136694472
Yeah the struggle to find pants I bet.
>>
>>136694472
I know a guy who lets two women stay at his place rent free because they have college loans from "art schools" that they are trying to pay for. The women just smoke pot, drink and fuck other guys while not actually saving any money. He thinks he is helping them out but in reality they are using him. Its sad to see.
>>
>>136696595
A tax on the most succesful degrees.
>>
>>136702827
>he doesn't even get to fuck them
please tell him he's a retard and should stop enabling them
>>
>>136700818
Because they will be debt slaves, because it is bad for those people, because society etc.

But I suggest we oppose it. Humanities majors are political enemies in any case, and we do not want to hand them any resources.
>>
>>136694472
you can see how much hungry is the people in Venezuela that they can pay a boobs stetic... logic
>>
>>136694472
>tfw no qt venezuelan gf to throw molotovs with
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.