[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold War

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: goofy happening.jpg (139KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
goofy happening.jpg
139KB, 666x666px
What's the truth about why it didn't go nuclear?

Because I don't believe for a second that "no one wanted to destroy the world" diplomatic excuse.
>>
The Soviets knew they could not win any military conflict, and so resorted to political warfare instead.

That war is still being fought today.
>>
Russia doesn't actually have nukes.
>>
>>136640925
Neither side gave a shit about eachother they ussr and usa used eachother as scape goats to keep their ppl in fear so they could slowly take away their rights and gain more power
>>
>>136640925
Because nuclear war would have most everyone and those that survived would wish they were dead, elite and politicians not willing to die in war.
>>
*(killed)
>>
nukes dont actually exist
>>
>>136641391
This. They benefited from each other during the cold war, keeping their population united and blind.
>>
File: 1496228692679.jpg (92KB, 358x429px) Image search: [Google]
1496228692679.jpg
92KB, 358x429px
>>136641047

Bullshit, Russia could easily go toe to toe with the USA, they had the most advanced military at the time and allies with half the globe.
>>
Heavy loses during WWII + international strife (i.e. Communism) + Inability to compete with the USA in global politics and space.
>>
>>136642888
Sit down you trips fag.
>>
>>136640925
The smartest man of the 20th Century, Jon Von Neumann, was weaponized autism condensed into a single man. After he blew everyone the fuck out with his genius, he helped make the atom bomb, then helped make the even better hydrogen bomb, and then decided that world annihilation wasn't the best thing ever.

Already trusted at the highest levels of top secret DoD business, he developed the Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) doctrine and locked the world into a stalemate.

That's the ultimate redpill I got for you. A single ashkenazi wizard jew spared humanity another century.
>>
>>136640925

How can you rule over a pile of rubble?
>>
>>136640925

The USSR was a paper tiger, they did not have the fighting age male population to continue world war after Germany killed tens of millions of their people.

By the time they had meaningfully recovered from that severe population damage, the US and Western Europe had a baby boom and a massive globalized economy that they could not meaningfully threaten with conventional actions.

In addition, the majority of Soviet satellites in Europe were barely under control for the majority of the Cold War, including what would have been their largest secondary sources of military support like Poland, Romania and Yugoslavia.

The USSR got more of the German space research than the US initially, but the US got more of the German scientists who did the research, which meant that the USSR's edge in rocketry and computer technology was outpaced by the end of the 60s.

TL;DR, the Soviets were at their strongest in the decade after the Second World War, never gained the economic and technological momentum that the West did, and committed to a war of cultural subversion in the 60s which is still being fought today, even though the USSR was defeated economically and the modern Russian Federation is now a primary combatant against the USSR's later cultural Marxist tactics.
>>
even a small exchange and everyone would lose there shit. kek
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.