[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nielsen Family

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: NIELSEN-TELEVISION-RATINGS.jpg (33KB, 500x201px) Image search: [Google]
NIELSEN-TELEVISION-RATINGS.jpg
33KB, 500x201px
So I recently got a letter from the Nielsen rating company, apparently they want me to be a Nielsen family.

For those who don't know, Nielsen ratings are how media companies determine how many people watch their stuff, and by extension, what they should charge for advertising.

Seems like an opportunity for lulz. Should I do it?
>>
>wageslaving
>lulz
>>
>>136638873
YES HOLY SHIT
this is the only way to influence programming aside from producing the show yourself
>>
>>136638873
What all does being a "Nielsen family" entail?

Does it pay well?
>>
>>136638873
one ''family' is 150,000 viewers in ratings...
>math
>>
Just leave Ancient Aliens on 24/7.
>>
>>136638873
Do it. Watch good shit, don't watch shitty leftshit.
>>
Do it. Say you only watch cool things like Tucker Carlson, Dragon Ball Super, NHL, etc.
>>
>>136638950
>spain
>knowing what I'm talking about

then again, I don't even really know what I'm talking about. Nielsen used to just hook up a monitoring box to your TV that reported back to them what you liked to watch. Now it's more...I think?
>>
>>136639088
This was my thought.

Then again, I hardly ever watch TV. So I'd have to start watching whatever Mike Rowe and Tim Allen do or something?
>>
>>136639514
Leave Christian Broadcasting Network on 24/7
>>
>>136639144
>>136639783
Switch between the two.
>>
>>136639144
>>136639783
>>136639921
I guess I don't want to fuck it up, but I do want to fight the electric firehose of leftist memes.
>>
>>136638873
>>136639132
I used to work in TV audience measurement for Nielsen. It is a good way to have a direct impact on audience ratings, which then has an affect on advertising revenue for networks and TV shows.

One family is 150,000 viewers in ratings but this isn't the full story. That figure is averaged out across demographics. If you are a young person, 18-24, your impact will be greater. This is because they find it very hard to recruit younger people who will join the panel and who will actively participate (log in to the system).
>>
>>136639144
>>136639203
>>136639783
There is no way to game the system and just leave Christian Broadcasting Network on all day. They connect the meter to the TV. Once you switch the TV on it asks you to log on to confirm it's you watching the programme. It then intermittently asks you to log on again to confirm you are still there watching the TV and haven't left the room.
>>
Put it on cops you dufus.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.