[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are free drug clinics a good idea?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: FreeHeroinClinic.jpg (70KB, 675x450px)
FreeHeroinClinic.jpg
70KB, 675x450px
It might seem like just giving junkies free shit but it probably reduces net system costs, decreases visits to emergency rooms to nearly zero, keeps druggies away from normal people and in a closed-off environment, and allows for treatment by slowly weaning people off of their addiction.
>>
>slowly weaning people off of their addiction
not really how it works
>>
>>136638053
if they had mandatory overdoses
>>
>>136638299
it actually is
>>
>>136638053
They would be worth it if they used the people who go there as test subjects for bio weapons
>>
>>136638053
This actually worked for Switzerland and their rampant heroin addiction in the 90s(or 80s, can't remember). It's just not as profitable as the (((War on Drugs))) for certain somebody.
>>
>>136638549
they're in there forever fucking junkies are still junkies after 20 years on methadone or pharma heroin
>>
>>136638053
How do you wean someone off their addiction who really doesn't want it?

Also, how does this system interact with homeless shelters, as a bunch of these fuckers are going to be non functional in the economy?
>>
>>136638053
It stops the junkies from committing crimes to get their fix, and it also reduces overdoses which actually does cost the state a lot of money.
Also I think it makes a decent dent in HIV and AIDS spread because they aren't sharing needles.
>>
File: 1501460132110.jpg (31KB, 267x302px) Image search: [Google]
1501460132110.jpg
31KB, 267x302px
>>136638053
>Let's spend money on an immoral, shit program that is basically the government version of enablement because we can slightly offset the cost of completely free ER healthcare for losers.

Great plan anon. It's not like you're perpetuating the litany of mistakes that has put governments trillions of dollars in debt.
>>
>>136639412
> How do you wean someone off their addiction who really doesn't want it?
Well for one a lot of them do, and also the supply of drugs to a lot of the people can be controlled in such a way that dosages, etc. could be reduced over time and the users wouldn't necessarily have complete control over it.
>>136639705
It would actually save money though, have you looked into any similar programs and their implementations in other places/instances? It's similar to how Utah has remodeled their housing/homeless problem and how they found that providing homes to a lot of people ends up saving money because of reduced emergency room visits, higher property values, etc.
>>
Alright. I get how it would reduce the very expensive ER costs. But if the person lives longer, and remains on welfare their whole lives and is non functional in society, I could see this being a "feeding stray cats" sort of problem, like some of the negative side effects of feeding the homeless, where it might even cost more in the long run.
>>
>>136641482
You're gonna have to elaborate on this buddy

>It's similar to how Utah has remodeled their housing/homeless problem and how they found that providing homes to a lot of people ends up saving money because of reduced emergency room visits, higher property values, etc.
>>
I don't know how successful it'd be in the US but it's probably the best solution you can try. God knows those people won't be helped in the prison system there.
>>
>>136643079
http://www.npr.org/2015/12/10/459100751/utah-reduced-chronic-homelessness-by-91-percent-heres-how
>>136642808
We could possibly do something like the Netherlands. IIRC they do things like give addicts certain jobs like municipal trash pick up, etc. and they're partially rewarded with a small drug stipend.
>>
>>136643471
Archived it for you
https://archive.is/hooR6
>>
>>136638053
They seem to help in Europe. As long as people are actually getting weaned off the drugs, and not just given free shit, i don't care. In America, we spend far too much time and money, as well as strangulate our criminal justice system, on drug users. I understand it's a serious problem, and it's degenerate, but there will always be drug users & abusers in society. Look at Herman Goering for example, the dude was a HUGE opiate addict and yet was still a high ranking official in NS Germany. Anyways, I don't see throwing someone in a jail cell only to suffer through withdrawals and have their future prospects of employment ruined as the solution. We need treatment for these people, not punishment.
>>
>>136639412
Only people who want it will ever get off drugs. There is no be all, end all solution to solving the drug addict question. The point is to have resources available to people when they really are ready to stop using.

>>136642808
They're gonna use regardless of whether you have centers for them or not. The question is, do you want to help them try to kick it, or do you want to execute them. Because by what you're saying, that's really the only other solution. You're never going to eliminate the problem entirely.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.